IT.COM

ISO GODaddy Sr Mgt Contact: re apparent actions contrary to ICANN rules?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NeteurMedia

EssentialDomains.NETEstablished Member
Impact
GoDaddy has prevented my transferring a looong (60+days) expired domain - to another registrar; requiring me to renew first before allowing transfer - which is contrary to ICANN rules I believe. 2x such policy stated in customer service chats by cs supervisors.

Want to contact GoDaddy at senior management level to get confirmation of such stance's legitimary and confirmed written policy of GoDaddy.

30+ yr GD customer very disappointed by its stance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
GoDaddy has prevented my transferring a looong (60+days) expired domain - to another registrar; requiring me to renew first before allowing transfer - which is contrary to ICANN rules I believe. 2x such policy stated in customer service chats by cs supervisors.

Want to contact GoDaddy at senior management level to get confirmation of such stance's legitimary and confirmed written policy of GoDaddy.

@NeteurMedia, please DM us with the domain name.
dont see were i can dm you here; is there email addy attn responsible manager where i can shift this conversation to? have several domains to discuss

•••
•••

I don't mean to go off topic here, but you're 30+ yr customer?

Anyway...

If the domain is still in your account and not in the redemption phase, you should be be able to transfer it by following these steps:

Login to your GD acct.

Unlock the domain.

Remove the Privacy.

Very important: Double-check to make sure both are off before proceeding to the next step.

Once you've verified both are off, select the domain.

You should be able to see see a "More" button in the bottom right corner of your domain manager.

Click it and select "Export as CSV."

Be sure to check the box that says, "Include Authorization Codes."

It should only take a few seconds for the CSV to open.

Once you get the auth code, you should be able to proceed with transferring it away, but you need to work quickly, because it sounds like you're running out of time.

Again, this will only work if the domain is not in the redemption phase. Once it hits redemption, you're stuck paying a redemption fee.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back