Free for-sale landers by NamePros

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NamePros

NamePros.comEstablished Member
NamePros Staff
Impact
Happy April 1st!

We have exciting news to share with you. This year, our April 1st pranks and activities are changing exclusively to adding useful features each year.

For our first April of this new initiative, we're bringing you:

After a very successful closed beta with select PRO members, industry leaders, and Large Portfolio Holders, we're finally ready to share it with you for its public beta! Special thanks to @Future Sensors for going above and beyond in every way to help us test and improve during the closed beta.

Now it's your turn!

Goat GIF by MOODMAN

We hope you'll like what you see!

All feedback and suggestions are appreciated. :)

greekcandy.png

Source: DomainGang

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@VIPDomains @branding It's something we've been testing, and especially GoDaddy can be very picky while adding the verification nameserver for some ccTLDs. Other registrars were accepting just fine, with a correct delegation in DNS including all three nameservers.

@VIPDomains What are the TLDs you have difficulties with adding the 3rd nameserver for at GoDaddy?
.COM .NET .XYZ .IO .LAT .LIFE .LTD .NET .AGENCY .VIP .WIKI .PET .STORE .INFO

•••
@VIPDomains @branding It's something we've been testing, and especially GoDaddy can be very picky while adding the verification nameserver for some ccTLDs. Other registrars were accepting just fine, with a correct delegation in DNS including all three nameservers.

@VIPDomains What are the TLDs you have difficulties with adding the 3rd nameserver for at GoDaddy?
Here are my settings on the manual, they are the same on the template...
So how do we make it work i have 1000+ domains I want on NP Landers :)

Attachments

• GODaddy Setupo.jpg
    GODaddy Setupo.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 45
•••
Did GoDaddy add the verification nameserver? I have the same issue at another registrar. Ns1 and ns2 work fine though.

GoDaddy doesn't handle unregistered nameservers that well, haven't looked into it to check wether that's the problem but it's a possibility.
So can i go without the 3rd one?
What do you suggest ...

Attachments

• GODaddy Setupo.jpg
    GODaddy Setupo.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 34
•••
.COM .NET .XYZ .IO .LAT .LIFE .LTD .NET .AGENCY .VIP .WIKI .PET .STORE .INFO
Thanks.

Strange that you're also experiencing trouble while changing NS for .com and .net domains. Were they part of a bulk NS change on your part?

I've successfully been able to set all 3 NamePros nameservers at GoDaddy for .com domains.

Could you test only 1 .com domain and see if it works?

Last edited:
•••
What do you suggest ...
Without the verification nameserver present, the domain will not be associated with your NamePros Parking account, so it will not get the 'Verified' status in your account, and you will see a parking lander instead of a sales lander, and you will not receive leads. So in order to make it work, verification has to be be successful.

•••
•••
You should add Method of payment and how to make payment

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the information @branding - I agree. @Paul and @Quebec Tech Team are already looking into other verification methods, afaik.

With regard to being authoritative first for .de on the nameserver, I can say that NP is authoritative (aa bit set) for just any domain, just like DAN is doing, and a lot of others as well.

With regard to choosing the *.is extension, @Paul can tell more about that.

Thanks. I know you're 'just' a tester but do appreciate your time/input. I'm not that much invested in .de but from what I do know it's usually a dns 'misconfiguration' issue.

What do you suggest ...

You won't be able to verify it, as per @Future Sensors explanation. That's why they will have to add TXT record verification alongside personal dns hostname verification if they want to cover all bases.

It's not a GoDaddy bug, they actually follow what's being considered best practice.

Without the verification nameserver present, the domain will not be associated with your NamePros Parking account, so it will not get the 'Verified' status in your account, and you will see a parking lander instead of a sales lander, and you will not receive leads. So in order to make it work, verification has to be be successful.

Agreed. See my comment above. I would love to be able to free up some time to investigate, unfortunately I'm very limited in spare time atm.

What I do know for sure, it comes down to the third (verification) nameserver. I encounter the same issue, .com tld different registrar.

That being said, I think current setup will work without issues 99% of the time for gtlds registered at the biggest and known registrars.

•••
Thinking out loud... Can you add the ip address for a dns server alongside the hostname at godaddy?

If you can, lookup the ips and fill out both the hostname and ip. Might do the trick.

•••
@branding Thanks. It will take some time figuring out these corner cases. Just like you, I think DNS delegation info has to be consistent everywhere, including the verification nameserver. Other methods like optional TXT verification may be a good workaround, as you said.

•••
@branding Thanks. It will take some time figuring out these corner cases. Just like you, I think DNS delegation info has to be consistent everywhere, including the verification nameserver. Other methods like optional TXT verification may be a good workaround, as you said.

Definitely. It's just corner cases and I'm sure Paul will get it dealt with.

Another big advantage of using TXT verification is that you can use whatever DNS your want so you remain in full control of the domains.

Could be valuable info there, dns queries, MX records and what not.

Ultimately I also think TXT record verification can be way faster (in case of an ownership change) if the right TTLs are being set on the TXT record.

•••
Last comment, if you want to list at places like sedo and dan, but you want your lander at namepros, using multiple TXT record will get you verified at all.

Using nP dns will prevent you from using other venues alongside your main lander in some cases.

•••
Using nP dns will prevent you from using other venues alongside your main lander in some cases.
Unless NP DNS will include an option to add TXT verification records for other marketplaces (domain.io is doing this, as well).

•••
Unless NP DNS will include an option to add TXT verification records for other marketplaces (domain.io is doing this, as well).

I like where you're going with that. If they did, they would basically become a dns hosting provider as well and offer something DAN has failed to do.

DAN/GD is limiting the usage of YOUR assets unless you can live with higher fees. This day and age, that's extortion as they don't ADD value but SUBSTRACT value from your assets when you use their DNS.

•••
@VIPDomains, I think we were giving up on verifications a little too quickly. We've increased the number of attempts we'll make, and I can see that your domains are now verifying.

•••
@VIPDomains, I think we were giving up on verifications a little too quickly. We've increased the number of attempts we'll make, and I can see that your domains are now verifying.
To elaborate:

Here are my settings on the manual, they are the same on the template...
So how do we make it work i have 1000+ domains I want on NP Landers :)
Your settings are correct. The nameservers, including the verification one, were set successfully on your domains.

The example domain name that you provided is now showing as verified:

Please reply to our DM if you experience any other issues.

I created a GoDaddy profile with the name servers provided and assigned it to 1000+ domains... all are approved here and not a single one is showing up in the verified... All of my Namecheap ones are visible thought. Any Ideas?
Sometimes, it can take a couple days for nameserver changes to become available throughout the internet ("propagate"), which means NamePros Parking won't be able to see the verification nameserver on it until that happens.

Note: The nameservers may show on a WHOIS lookup long before it takes effect on the domain name.

Once your settings fully propagate, our system may have already stopped checking. If that happens, we plan to notify you and allow you to have it check again. Unfortunately, that notification has not been added yet.

Fortunately, the ability to have us check again has been added:

Simply add your domains again to initiate another verification check (you don't need to remove them first), and then the system will try to verify them again.

We apologize for the confusion that this has caused. It'll be improved soon. :)

•••
Just a quick note: you will still be able to access inquiries/leads that are submitted while your domains are unverified, once your domains are verified. Fortunately, you don't lose anything from a delay in verification.

Ultimately I also think TXT record verification can be way faster (in case of an ownership change) if the right TTLs are being set on the TXT record.
TXT and CNAME are in the works.

The .de registry is very strict. You cannot submit nameservers if the domain is not present in the zone file beforehand.
You are correct. There are a small number of ccTLD's that do this, including .is.

Fortunately, the tech team knows exactly what needs to be done for 100% support across all properly-designed registrars and TLDs, including .de, but it will take some time because it's a large technical project. That's probably why only Cloudflare seems to have done it, but NamePros can also do it (and do it better). :)

•••
Just a quick note: you will still be able to access inquiries/leads that are submitted while your domains are unverified, once your domains are verified. Fortunately, you don't lose anything from a delay in verification.
Thanks, I forgot to mention that. How long will NamePros queue inquiries for unverified domains? There may be an owner change in the meantime, but I think it's still worthwile to receive inquiries from the past, for the Seller.

Will the inquirer (potential buyer) notice or be alerted that their inquiry was not delivered to Seller, while the domain has not been verified?

Last edited:
•••
How long will NamePros queue inquiries for unverified domains?
They aren't queued, as that could result in a lot of emails. They're accessible from the website, and then the email(s) can be manually sent that way, although the button for that is still in development.

Will the inquirer (potential buyer) notice or be alerted that their inquiry was not delivered to Seller, while the domain has not been verified?
That's an excellent idea! We'll relay it to the tech team. :)

•••
Thanks for the work on this all at NamePros and @Future Sensors - it's nice to see someone adding something useful to the industry.

It looks good, but the footer is too much for me. I wish nps would do away with that and find a reasonable fee/charge/percentage.
I feel a little the same. Personally, I would be more than happy if NP spun this off into a separate project at some stage and charged a 5% commission with integrated payment/escrow. Essentially we get back what DAN used to be, from a provider who can innovate, who cares about the industry and who isn't concerned solely about the bottom line like the almighty GD.

Someone else had the idea that perhaps paid NP members should have the option of removing the footer. I'd be all for that. I have been paying for NP membership for a number of years, though don't think I am actually using any of the associated benefits, so something like that would remind me why I'm actually paying for membership!

Here are some of the initial suggestions I made, when it was in beta.
Several of these were already in the first release.

Pricing options -

- Ability to change min offer.
- Ability to use a "make offer" or BIN setting.
- Bulk change options, if possible.

Management -

- Some type of offer manager console, that shows all the offers in one area. So you don't have to click on each domain.

- Some type of import or file upload setting, so you can upload domains with settings.

Landers / Design-

- Other design options. The more the better.
- Ability to choose how a domain looks, AKA CamelCasing.
- Use a custom message instead of "Available for sale!"
- Ability to put other contact information directly on the lander.
- Option to link to your entire portfolio, if desired.
- Maybe an ability to add a custom logo to the page, like a company logo.

Sales -

- Down the road, maybe some way to guide the process via a service we decide like Escrow.com?
- Maybe an internal messaging system, instead of just email, if possible?
All excellent ideas. That would make it a fully functional platform.

•••
To elaborate:

Your settings are correct. The nameservers, including the verification one, were set successfully on your domains.

The example domain name that you provided is now showing as verified:

Please reply to our DM if you experience any other issues.

Sometimes, it can take a couple days for nameserver changes to become available throughout the internet ("propagate"), which means NamePros Parking won't be able to see the verification nameserver on it until that happens.

Note: The nameservers may show on a WHOIS lookup long before it takes effect on the domain name.

Once your settings fully propagate, our system may have already stopped checking. If that happens, we plan to notify you and allow you to have it check again. Unfortunately, that notification has not been added yet.

Fortunately, the ability to have us check again has been added:

Simply add your domains again to initiate another verification check (you don't need to remove them first), and then the system will try to verify them again.

We apologize for the confusion that this has caused. It'll be improved soon. :)
Thank you. You guys are awesome.

•••
Thank you that did the trick.
All of them are now verified.

•••
Did GoDaddy add the verification nameserver? I have the same issue at another registrar. Ns1 and ns2 work fine though.

GoDaddy doesn't handle unregistered nameservers that well, haven't looked into it to check wether that's the problem but it's a possibility.
This was resolved for me. The issue was the amount of retries NP Nameservers do before giving up on my domains :). Their awesome team increased it and had my domains on their landers in no time.

•••
Thinking out loud... Can you add the ip address for a dns server alongside the hostname at godaddy?

If you can, lookup the ips and fill out both the hostname and ip. Might do the trick.
I never tried to add an IP there but its no longer an issue :)

•••
More features:
1) Add a portfolio feature where all my parked domains can be seen by clicking a link on the lander
2) Add the same feature inside NP on the profile so other NP members can see my/our portfolio
3) Add options to categorize the domains on the list and to filter displayed domains by category... my 1400+ domains are very hard to navigate with the current view.
4) We need a help/guide/faq section or something which tells us what exactly is inquiries, gives troubleshooting instructions like the ones you gave me about adding the same domain names the second time without removing the existing duplicates.. etc...

Attachments

• NP1.jpg
    NP1.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back