Free for-sale landers by NamePros

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NamePros

NamePros.comEstablished Member
NamePros Staff
Impact
Happy April 1st!

We have exciting news to share with you. This year, our April 1st pranks and activities are changing exclusively to adding useful features each year.

For our first April of this new initiative, we're bringing you:

After a very successful closed beta with select PRO members, industry leaders, and Large Portfolio Holders, we're finally ready to share it with you for its public beta! Special thanks to @Future Sensors for going above and beyond in every way to help us test and improve during the closed beta.

Now it's your turn!

Goat GIF by MOODMAN

We hope you'll like what you see!

All feedback and suggestions are appreciated. :)

greekcandy.png

Source: DomainGang

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Also I would be quite reluctant to use these as it might/probably will send potential buyers here and interact with a lot of active sellers of other domains - don't won't to be giving people to many ideas......
Another way to look at it is that the Tech team managed to develop this from scratch in a very short period of time. What you see here just works and can be further improved from now on, with all kinds of requested features (like BIN) that we know from other marketplaces. This is not the final product.

As for your comment about the potential buyer coming into contact with the NamePros forum, I can only say that I already got a serious lead from a company during the short testing period.

Personally, I chose not to display my NamePros profile name on the lander. You can enable or disable this in your Parking settings.

Incidentally, the current market leader continuously puts you in contact with other people's domains during the buying process, including domains from their own portfolio. I'd argue that this is not an ideal situation either, aside from their very high fees.

From here, let's further improve NamePros Parking & Sales landers as a community effort.

•••
Tested this for the past week. It's a great initiative by the biggest domainer forum to offer a FREE for-sale lander solution.

In the old days, I parked ALL my domains to a lander with a contact form (then I discovered Sedo and PPC.)

A lot of people prefer an open, direct communication interface and the NamePros for-sale landers offer just that!

Benefits:

> Transparency of communication via form & email
> Instant (almost) setup
> Perfect for small/medium portfolios
> FREE

Lacking SSL but the moderators are working on adding features. Nope, not an April Fools Day joke!

My test domain: GreekCandy.com

Last edited:
•••
I think a huge thanks is in order for everyone involved in this initiative. Whether it's something you would use or not, for people to give their time for a cause gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Well done everyone. Looking forward to seeing how this evolves.

•••
Thanks to @NamePros, @Paul, @Future Sensors and all involved in this development.

While many considerations go into lander choice, this opportunity to have free, SSL landers where the domain investor can directly negotiate with potential buyers will be attractive for many.

Thank you NamePros for yet one more reason that this is such a great community for domain investors.

This is far better than an April Fools prank!!

-Bob

•••
What is really a must is a Link in the profile and navigation menu of NP to the Landers Page...
I am tired of having to go to my bookmarks to get to the landers.. It's like making a left turn 3 times to go right.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I received my 1st offer, but it's only $1 :glasses:

•••
Yes , now V.services is verified , its need a little time depend on nameserver update.
Thanks for your help testing! We're deploying an adjustment to the verification retry rate that should speed this up going forward. It'll be live in about five minutes.

Is it just Dollar offers? Is there an option for GBP?
Just USD for now, but we've developed this in such a way that we can add further customizability to the landing page in the future.

•••
I have verified the email , but I think there is a different nameserver when we compare v.services and nuggies.ninja

V.services ( unverified )

ns1.namepros-dns.com
*********.ns.namepros-dns.is
ns2.namepros-dns.org

Nuggies.Ninja
ns1.namepros-dns.com
*********.ns.namepros-dns.is
ns2.namepros-dns.org

So the result might different
Every user has been assigned a dedicated verification nameserver with a unique token.

•••
An important advantage of the domain ownership verification method at NamePros Parking is that NamePros will frequently check whether the verification name server is still present in DNS for the domain.

Some other marketplaces only require a correct correct ownership verification (or rather, control of the domain name in DNS) while adding the domain, and that status is never checked again. As a result, domains that are no longer owned are listed and buyers can be duped.

And then there are the marketplaces that do not check at all, but have been promising for years that they will implement proper ownership verification in the future.

The correct implementation of TLS and ownership verification at NamePros Parking shows that it doesn't have to be that complicated, and that you can implement this in a short period of time with a relatively small team. NamePros sets the example, and other marketplaces should certainly follow.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Lacking SSL but the moderators are working on adding features.
Thanks to encouragement from @Future Sensors, that feature made it in time for launch. Once a domain is added to a parking account and verified as controlled by that parking account, SSL/TLS will work.

•••
If the buyer is not the end user then I would assume you will get a bunch of low ball offers from Namepros "Resellers".
We’re planning to add a minimum price field that can be set on each domain.

•••
It's an actual feature, not a joke. :)
Well, if it IS real, you indeed got me!

Never had a reverse, end run, too good to be true-but true, April Fools (I think I said that right!)

Last edited:
•••
Would it be possible to add TXT record verification so I can use my own nameservers to redirect to np/parked/domain ?
This was almost ready in time for launch. It shouldn’t be much longer.

I would just rather let it flow. The recaptcha is there. Email verify for just an offer is a pain. Disingenuous offers will likely put forth their "spam" email anyways.
Soon, you’ll have access to unconfirmed inquiries, as well. It’s all logged with the intention of allowing you to choose whether you want to receive an email about them, or just review them on the website.

•••
@buydomainnames

You still have to finish the configuration to make your lander work completely.

Nameservers are already okay for your domain.

Your domain has to be present & verified in your NamePros Parking account, and the email address you're using for NP Parking has to be verified as well.

After completing all steps, your lander will change from a 'parked' lander to a 'for sale' lander.

Last edited:
•••
If the buyer is not the end user then I would assume you will get a bunch of low ball offers from Namepros "Resellers".

•••
Does NP harvest email addresses through the contact form?
For complete peace of mind, we recommend reading the NamePros Privacy Policy, but in short: NamePros does not sell data and does not use these email addresses in any unexpected ways.

The primary goal of NamePros Parking is to provide value to members, at a time when valuable services are disappearing from the industry.

That's on the to-do list. :)

•••
•••
Does NP harvest email addresses through the contact form?
Email harvesting is a term with negative connotations. I don't think NamePros will use email addresses for any purpose other than informing potential buyers and sellers when the form on the parking lander is being filled out.

It should come as no surprise that NamePros needs to process email addresses to make this possible. A verification of the potential buyer's email address takes place. A confirmation email is sent to both the lead and the seller. Email addresses remain visible to seller in the NamePros Parking area and for that to happen they must be stored by NamePros on their systems.

•••
For complete peace of mind, we recommend reading the NamePros Privacy Policy, but in short: NamePros does not sell data and does not use these email addresses in any unexpected ways.

The primary goal of NamePros Parking is to provide value to members, at a time when valuable services are disappearing from the industry.

That's on the to-do list. :)

What if we do not fill in the information to "Do Not Sell My Personal Information", will our information be sold? Because lots of people do not know about this form/page to not sell our info.

"Consent​

At any time, you can use the Do Not Sell My Personal Information page to easily authenticate your request and withdraw your consent of us selling your personal information, but we may continue to process (e.g., share without exchange) your personal information as described in this privacy policy. At any time, you can contact us to withdraw your consent of us processing your personal data, but consent is not the only basis by which we may process your personal data as described in this privacy policy."

•••
Last edited:
•••
The verified example is a nice lander

Is it just Dollar offers? Is there an option for GBP?

Also I would be quite reluctant to use these as it might/probably will send potential buyers here and interact with a lot of active sellers of other domains - don't won't to be giving people to many ideas......

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back