IT.COM

question April Fooled by NamePros...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vravis9

Top Member
Impact
Hi NamePros...

I just wanted to share this funny and perfect experience...

I just checking my NamePros account...came out of alerts section and checking on home tab...

Instead of loading immediately after a slight delay the screen started loading and it appeared in tilted position... I thought what the .... And scrolling down and the next categories appears in slant manner....like a screen appears when it is in contact with magnetic object...and then screen went total blank with full white background...

And then it gave me this message...

"April Fooled"

It brought big smile on my face...
Loved it...

The surprise was because I am in April 2....India time...
So not expecting anything like this...

Did this happened to you too?!
What was the prank from in previous years..this is my first April month after joining NamePros

Any more such pranks from other established websites....would love to check them...

P.S.: I don't know where to post this...under which category...finally foifo this feedback...I think it is not relevant but just wanted to share my surprise ;)

Staff can change the category to appropriate thread...

Thanks

Related:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Loved it too :)
Thank you NP !

•••
Me too, I'm in France and it's April, 2nd, but I liked it :)
I am NP member since 2015 and this is the first time I see the April 1st joke here :)

•••
Lol. I was like WTH is going on!

•••
April Fools should extend for multiple days! :xf.cool: When my daughters were growing up one of them played an April Fools trick on me about two weeks after the day, and our grandchildren this year started their first (of several) tricks on us a day early.

But for me the monitor thing happened on April 1, and it was pretty cute. I fell for it thinking my monitor that is a number of years old really had gone bonkers. I also loved the NameExpensive rebranding of their name for the day by NameCheap and Doron got me with the first entry on his brandable email list.

Locally a radio station announced at 6 AM a rare pod of whales just off the coast of our city and hundreds turned out not realizing it was a prank. At least the radio station had staff on hand to clarify and hand out free mugs.

Bob

•••
Is that what that was ?

So I stopped drinking for nothing ??? >:(

•••
Hi,

Hahahah.. Yes I had same experience. Good creativity.

Thanks

•••
April Fools should extend for multiple days! :xf.cool: When my daughters were growing up one of them played an April Fools trick on me about two weeks after the day, and our grandchildren this year started their first (of several) tricks on us a day early.

But for me the monitor thing happened on April 1, and it was pretty cute. I fell for it thinking my monitor that is a number of years old really had gone bonkers. I also loved the NameExpensive rebranding of their name for the day by NameCheap and Doron got me with the first entry on his brandable email list.

Locally a radio station announced at 6 AM a rare pod of whales just off the coast of our city and hundreds turned out not realizing it was a prank. At least the radio station had staff on hand to clarify and hand out free mugs.

Bob

Each generation is extending the celebration ;)

That's some nice examples you gave...

Thanks

•••
What was the prank from in previous years..this is my first April month after joining NamePros
NamePros has done something special for April Fools' Day each year since 2015. :)
Here's an article that concisely explains each one from 2015 to 2018:
If you missed 2019's (or want to see it again), visit the archive:
Enjoy!

Updated to add 2020's April Fools' prank.
Updated to add 2021's April Fools' joke.
Updated to add 2022's April Fools' game.
Updated to add 2023's April Pros' new service.

Updated to add 2024's April Pros' feature updates.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks @Support Team for all the pranks you played...

I love trapped rabbit and next this year's :)

I didn't get what is 2018s prank...

Without knowing this tradition I started a thread and I will be in a reference for this topic for forever...cooooolllll...

Thanks

•••
I didn't get what is 2018s prank...
We like to experiment with different ideas each year.

2018 made the logo run away from your cursor when you tried to click it to return to the home page. It may not work on a touch device (e.g., a mobile phone). Try it yourself.

2017 was more of an unexpected surprise than a prank, since it was unknown why a bunny was suddenly appearing on the page or what would happen if you interacted with it. Try it yourself.

Each prank is explained in more detail in this article:

Without knowing this tradition I started a thread and I will be in a reference for this topic for forever...cooooolllll...
Yes, you won the prize of starting the thread for 2019, and now your thread will forever be a part of NamePros history! :)

Thanks.

•••
@Support Team thanks...

I just asked too early...
Meanwhile I read the article by @equity78 (Raymond Huckney)
And both points you mentioned are covered....

And I was able to play with NamePros logo from last year's prank...on my mobile...it's like I got full package of all things ;)

Nice to see Pauls pet lives forever in this way...

And I am honoured for being part of tradition now onwards... :)

By the way who is this support... Eric ? Amanda ??
Don't know any other...

Thanks

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back