Domain Empire

news NamePros Parking adds Buy Now (and much more)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey, domain sellers! 👋

We have a special surprise for you.

Continuing from last year (and last week), we have some exciting updates to share with you about NamePros Parking!

First, consider this:

You price your domain name at $2,500. For years, hundreds of interested buyers want to buy it, but the price is too high for them. They don't even try to contact you because they don't realize that the price is negotiable or may change. Years later, you decide to lower the price to $995. How many previously-interested buyers would buy it at this lowered price? You’d never know — until now!

With our new Buy Now options, you can finally contact those previous buyers to increase your sales opportunities. 💸

Here’s how:

Our landers require buyers to confirm their email address before they can see the price. Once confirmed, the price is available to them and their email address is available to you. Simple and effective.

1712936633688.png

Now, let’s talk new features!​

• Buy Now: Add a Buy button with a sales price and payment options for buyers to purchase your domains.
    • Escrow.com (Recommended): Starts an Escrow.com transaction for you and allows the buyer to pay immediately.
    • PayPal: Creates a PayPal transaction for the buyer to pay directly to your PayPal account.
    • Email: You and the buyer use email to choose a payment method (e.g., crypto), discuss lease-to-own (LTO) options, etc.
  • Location: Country, region (e.g., state or province), and locality (e.g., city, town, or village) of your inquirers to help you understand where they are located, the best time to contact them, etc.
  • Bulk Management: Set options on multiple domains at the same time: prices, payment methods, appearance, etc.
  • Exports: Download your inquiries, including buyers’ email addresses, offers, etc. (CSV format.)
  • Domain Verification: Verify your domains by using any of these methods: name servers (NS), CNAME, or TXT records.
  • Supersonic Speed Boost: Our landers already loaded blazingly fast, but now they’re even faster — a powerful increase in performance!
    • For techies: Go, Redis, and Elastic (previously only: PHP and MySQL)

Wait, there’s more!

Tell us the features that you want for NamePros Parking because we’re adding new features all month!

Features coming soon:​

• Payment Plans: Payment buttons for lease-to-own (LTO) and renting, e.g., “$995/mo for 8 months”
  • ✅ Minimum Offers: Save time by specifying a minimum offer amount to set buyers’ expectations.
  • Portfolio Website: A sharable storefront of the domains in your account with search and filters.
  • Traffic: The number of visitors to parked domains, optionally displayed on your landing pages.
  • ✅ Remove NamePros Branding: An option to remove unnecessary mentions of NamePros from parked pages.
  • ✅ More Landers: Choose from multiple landing pages for various purposes, such as a new Buy Now Optimized lander.
  • File Imports: Add domains to your account and set their prices by uploading spreadsheet files (e.g., .CSV).

PRO TIP: There is a common misconception about how many domain sales happen because of marketplaces. In reality, many sales would still happen (and do happen) without the help of a marketplace, so NamePros is providing a free solution to sell domains and you keep 100% of your profit.

Our for-sale parking service is 100% free:​

• No upfront fees
  • No monthly fees
  • No commission (0%)
  • No upgraded account necessary
  • 100% of your sales belong to you!

How does all that sound?

Visit namepros.com/parking to get started! 🎉

Tip: Quickly access your parking dashboard using the "Sell" dropdown menu at the top.

Questions? Ask below, or check out our Help Guide for NamePros Parking.

P.S. Our announcement last week was not a prank. Spatial Scrolling™ is real, courtesy of NamePros innovation! 🤯

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Paul, just wanted to let others know that early on, when the transition from 'interested' to 'available for purchase' was made, camel casing was lost.

Just pointing it out in case other users want to go back and re-check names.

btw, are we getting close to min offer capabilities? Sorry I keep asking but even if it weeks away, it would be helpful to have an idea of timing.

ADD: In the user panel the camel case still showed a mix of upper and lower. However, when visiting the landing page directly, all lower case letters are what showed.

Last edited:
•••
when the transition from 'interested' to 'available for purchase' was made, camel casing was lost.

Just pointing it out in case other users want to go back and re-check names.
We aren’t seeing this on our end. Could you send us a specific example?

are we getting close to min offer capabilities?
It’s in quality assurance. It should be available to everyone early this upcoming week, along with additional updates. 😎

•••
We aren’t seeing this on our end. Could you send us a specific example?
I just went though them all before I made my post and changed them. I might have skipped one or two that were lower case on purpose but that might not give any useful data.

Going through the dates and names I listed, I was able to determine a date cut off and if I recall I will look back but it coincided with the change I described. In my user panel, the camel case still showed correct (upper and lower mix). It was only after pulling the name up directly did I see that all letters were lower case when 'interested' still showed.

Great news about the min offer and other updates!

Last edited:
•••
In my user panel, the camel case still showed correct (upper and lower mix). It was only after pulling the name up directly did I see that all letters were lower case when 'interested' still showed.
The “Interested?” template is when a domain name is not associated with an account (e.g., not verified). Domains will always appear in lowercase with that template, even if they have settings for casing in one or more user accounts.

Once the domain is associated with your account, it will use the casing that you set in your account without you needing to do anything else. You don’t need to set the casing again in your account.

If you capitalize an “Interested” domain name, it should still appear entirely lowercase until it is associated with your account.

Does that describe what you observed?

•••
Well, I don't think so.

I've been pretty careful at adding and double checking names. I made sure they were all verified once I added them (there is only one not verified as I'm deciding on renewal).

I just went back and looked...now names that I did not update due to wanting to leave them lower case no longer have the 'interested'?!?

Is it possible that I happened to stuble onto all this during an update? No substance consumption over here today!!! If you want me to delete other postings I'll be happy to. I do not want to cause confusion.

•••
The “Interested?” template is when a domain name is not associated with an account (e.g., not verified). Domains will always appear in lowercase with that template, even if they have settings for casing in one or more user accounts.

Once the domain is associated with your account, it will use the casing that you set in your account without you needing to do anything else. You don’t need to set the casing again in your account.

If you capitalize an “Interested” domain name, it should still appear entirely lowercase until it is associated with your account.

Here’s an example: https://www.namepros.com/parked/namepros.com

You can add namepros.com to your account and attempt to change its casing.

It should change in your account but not on its landing page.

•••
Last edited:
•••
If you want me to delete other postings I'll be happy to. I do not want to cause confusion.
All good. These posts might help others if they stumble upon this, as well. 😊

Moving forward, please let us know if you see anything that deviates from what we described. It could have been a temporary issue/delay.

•••
I visited each name individually before re adding them.
Re-adding domains causes the system to immediately try to verify them again. It sounds like they might have not been verified yet (or temporarily lost verification) and then were (re)validated once you added them back. Update: See Pro Tip.

Last edited:
•••
Pro tip:

You can still access inquiries (and email them to yourself) that arrived while your domain was (temporarily) not associated with your account (e.g., unverified) using the “Unsent” filter:

There’s also an “Unverified” domain name page to keep track of any domains that need to be verified in your account:

Those two pages provide peace of mind that you’ll never miss sales opportunities, even if your domain(s) temporarily lose verification, which shouldn’t happen anyway.

We hope that helps.

•••
Please add an export txt for both verified and unverified domains. Even when I try to copy and paste all my unverified names into a domain parser, all I get is a blank.

•••
Well Escrow.com is I think reasonable for big transactions but I don't think reasonable enough for the consistent small transactions a Domainer needs to sell and reinvest. To rinse and repeat.

@Paul if an escrow is not possible at all, what about the possibility to sell a domain and get paid in NP account credit that you can use to buy better domains within the NamePros platform? That would allow also the ppl to stay within the NamePros ecosystem and make the ecosystem grow.

You can do small transactions on Escrow.com. I think it has to be at least $100. Or you can try Paypal.

•••
•••
Please add an export txt for both verified and unverified domains. Even when I try to copy and paste all my unverified names into a domain parser, all I get is a blank.
This is assigned to a developer.

Thanks for suggesting it.

•••
Moving forward, please let us know if you see anything that deviates from what we described. It could have been a temporary issue/delay.

Okay, just came across what is/was happening.

In my parking dashboard, the name I will send you shows verified. However, when clicking on it via link provided to the right of the name or typing it in directly, it shows the 'interested' line with no camel case (all lower case letters).

I will DM you with screen shots.

Last edited:
•••
However, when clicking on it via link provided to the right of the name or typing it in directly, it shows the 'interested' line with no camel case (all lower case letters).
Resolved; it was just cached. It wouldn’t have affected inquiries or anything else.

There will be an update within a few days to improve the caching of parked pages to avoid delays like that.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

•••
This is really thoughtful! Will certainly try it out when I get time.

One suggestion: based on my own online data collection experience, the least amount of friction results in more submission.

So the idea is: you'll only show the email address field on the landing page, and then they'll get a confirmation email with a link to confirm their submission. Once they click the confirmation link, the option to fill in the details like Name, Company, Phone mumber etc. will be provided along with the domain Buy now price.

•••
So the idea is: you'll only show the email address field on the landing page, and then they'll get a confirmation email with a link to confirm their submission. Once they click the confirmation link, the option to fill in the details like Name, Company, Phone mumber etc. will be provided along with the domain Buy now price.
It’s a great idea. However, it comes with a trade-off: less buyers will fill out the optional fields.

Both of these have pros and cons:
  1. Show the required and optional fields together. The best opportunity to get buyers to fill out optional fields is when they’re already filling out required fields, thanks to inertia.
  2. Show only the required fields and then later present the optional fields. Buyers won’t be as motivated to fill out the optional fields after they’ve successfully submitted a previous form. This approach doubles the amount of submissions that the buyer must make to provide optional details.
In other words, #2 slightly decreases the friction to provide their email address, but it doubles the friction to provide their name, company, phone, etc.

In the case of an unpriced domain, #2 doubles the friction for the buyer to submit an offer, or worse than doubles it.

We chose #1 with only two required fields, and we make it clear which two: name and email.

Our belief based on our experience and data is that #2 will result in slightly more low-quality leads at the expense of useful qualifying details about high-quality buyers with genuine interest in buying.

Therefore, #1 is the best driver of domain sales because high-quality data-rich leads are more valuable than low-quality data-thin leads.

We might do some A/B tests in the future to get more data on it.

Thanks for sharing your idea with us. It’s an idea that we strongly considered last year before building our landers.

•••
•••
Hey just checking when there will be a buy it now template with price and buy button shown on landing page?

•••
which alcohol were u on when u typed... available for sale ... in worlds.tiniest font?
Its size is ~24px. For comparison, the text size of this sentence is ~15px.

The text size of this sentence is 22px (smaller than the "Available for sale" text).

It's not that it's small or difficult to read. It's just that it's next to the domain name, which we make really big when possible. That said, the size of the domain name is based on its length.

Check this out:

No alcohol consumed. :giggle:

•••
•••
It might be useful to also post a screenshot in this thread of what the potential buyer sees after confirming their email address. In other words: a screenshot with the price shown.

•••
It might be useful to also post a screenshot in this thread of what the potential buyer sees after confirming their email address. In other words: a screenshot with the price shown.
Good idea. :xf.smile:

The Nuggies.Ninja demo is also a great way to see what it looks like currently, as it will improve over time. For example, there's an update coming this week that will slightly change its appearance.

We'll also have more demos available soon for this purpose, since there are lots of different configurations possible with NamePros Parking.

Thanks for the suggestion!

•••
Hi,

Just a suggestion, it would be nice to add more informations about the visitor (buyer) like referrer URL to see the provenance.

@Bravo Mod Team
And also notify the previous interested buyers when a new visitor ask for price or make an offer.

Thank you

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back