Free for-sale landers by NamePros

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NamePros

NamePros.comEstablished Member
NamePros Staff
Impact
Happy April 1st!

We have exciting news to share with you. This year, our April 1st pranks and activities are changing exclusively to adding useful features each year.

For our first April of this new initiative, we're bringing you:

After a very successful closed beta with select PRO members, industry leaders, and Large Portfolio Holders, we're finally ready to share it with you for its public beta! Special thanks to @Future Sensors for going above and beyond in every way to help us test and improve during the closed beta.

Now it's your turn!

Goat GIF by MOODMAN

We hope you'll like what you see!

All feedback and suggestions are appreciated. :)

greekcandy.png

Source: DomainGang

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is this contact form integrated with Dan?
No, Seller will get an email when there's an inquiry, and further handling takes place via email between Seller and Lead. Seller can use a separate email address for handling leads. This email address can be entered in NamePros Parking settings, and --if desired-- may differ from the main account email address used for the NamePros forum.

Last edited:
•••
•••
@VIPDomains, I think we were giving up on verifications a little too quickly. We've increased the number of attempts we'll make, and I can see that your domains are now verifying.

•••
good luck taking on Cloudflare
Cloudflare provides a very different service. We're only talking about their verification method; ours will be better because it won't be susceptible to hijacking, unlike theirs. :)

I also am unable to change the case of the letters, even though I checked the box when adding the domain.
Once they're verified, your preferred casing will show on their landing pages. Your casing preferences may not show in the control panel yet, but that will hopefully be added soon. Cc @Quebec Tech Team

You can tell that a domain name is not verified yet when the lander asks you to "Log in now." It's also indicated in the control panel under the "Unverified" tab.

I can't change the Cloudflare nameservers, so this would be a best-use case for CNAME and/or TXT record verification.
Agreed.

Coming soon!

•••
So, any progress on the "minimum price" field, of do you still need more coffee?!
Lots of updates coming next week. It sounds like minimum price and additional currencies, including currency conversion, will likely be part of those updates. Then options for Buy Now buttons after that. 😎

•••
Strong Captcha feature to kill those spammers
Note that the email address has to be confirmed as well, before one can successfully send an inquiry to the Seller.

Last edited:
•••
Great job team.

it would be nice to have traffic/stats displayed in the top of the number of inquiries. An escrow service will take this to the next level.

•••
Throw some free account upgrades to the folks. First x amount of people that get a sale thru NP landers get some account upgrade, free autographs, back rubs by NP staff etc.

Who's getting the first sale?

Last edited:
•••
AWS SES--the same service we use for the rest of NamePros. It has solid delivery rates.

Not yet, but we're planning to add more customizability to the landing pages in the future. We were in a bit of a time crunch to meet our April Fools deadline.

Sweet. Looking forward to see how things evolve! Thank you.

•••
What exactly happens after pressing "Start conversation"? It's a weird name for a form submit button.
If it’s on your verified domain name, then you’ll receive an email to your parking email address and be able to access it on the website.

We have a guide and FAQ page in the works, as well. They should be ready soon.

•••
Waiting for the thread "First sale with Namepros sale-lander"

•••
Thanks so much, including comment on preferred order of operations, but for me (Mac if that makes a difference) when I go to verified domains my name I want to remove is listed, but when I click on it in any way I can think of (name, block, check mark, etc.) they all just take me to the inquiries list for that domain name. No red button to remove the domain from portfolio.

Suggestions?

Bob
@Quebec Tech Team is working out all of these design bugs and shortcomings, so please feel free to mention their username as issues are noticed.

•••
they all just take me to the inquiries list for that domain name. No red button to remove the domain from portfolio.
It's on the top-right of the page that lists the inquiries. We probably need to improve that UX a bit.

NP isn't involved in any of that right?
Correct. We're placing the control entirely in your hands. Imagine if we forced you to use our brokers--what a lousy April Fools' prank that'd be!

•••
@bmugford I'd really suggest the Light Theme for your lander. The dark theme is so gloomy ;)

•••
Thanks for providing the example.

I see that it requires at least a $1 submission to be allowed to proceed. Having the minimum offer setting would likely be helpful to screen for unnecessary emailsl.

Do you think that having the email verification up front would be best as well, for those that prefer the extra level of screening? Or would that likely lose too many potential customers?
I would just rather let it flow. The recaptcha is there. Email verify for just an offer is a pain. Disingenuous offers will likely put forth their "spam" email anyways.

•••
Is there any posssibility that Escrow.com would be willing to provide a button for a buy now or a binding make offer feature on these landers?

And would folks be willing to pay some additional commission to both NP and Escrow.com for this feature. For example, I'd be fine with paying an additional 3-5%, split between Escrow and NP, to have this as an option.

How do other folks feel about this?
Can't you do that with Bodis for free?

I haven't used parking services in years but I remember Voodoo having a basic inquiry page but they're pretty much over and I think Bodis has one.

Maybe, somebody can do a blog focusing on free landing pages and how they differ from each other.

•••
Can't you do that with Bodis for free?

I haven't used parking services in years but I remember Voodoo having a basic inquiry page but they're pretty much over and I think Bodis has one.

Maybe, somebody can do a blog focusing on free landing pages and how they differ from each other.

@Bob Hawkes maybe?

•••
More features:
1) Add a portfolio feature where all my parked domains can be seen by clicking a link on the lander
2) Add the same feature inside NP on the profile so other NP members can see my/our portfolio
3) Add options to categorize the domains on the list and to filter displayed domains by category... my 1400+ domains are very hard to navigate with the current view.
4) We need a help/guide/faq section or something which tells us what exactly is inquiries, gives troubleshooting instructions like the ones you gave me about adding the same domain names the second time without removing the existing duplicates.. etc...

Attachments

• NP1.jpg
    NP1.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
•••
Nothing shows at the top right of any of the parking pages for me,
From https://www.namepros.com/parking/, click the domain itself, not "View lander." That'll bring you to a page that shows inquiries for the domain name. Above the inquiry list on the right-hand side will be the remove button. We intend to improve that UX as it seems to be causing confusion, but for now that's the only way to remove a domain from your account.

also am unable to change the case of the letters, even though I checked the box when adding the domain.
The casing you select won't take effect until the domain has been verified and your account is fully active. It's possible for multiple people to add the same domain to their account, but only one can be the verified owner. Only the verified owner's preferred casing has any impact on the display of the domain.

•••
Seems like a roundabout way of saying, yes
As @Future Sensors astutely pointed out, the email addresses must be stored in a database to confirm them, show them to you in your parking control panel, and to provide additional features that will be added, such as emailing the inquiry to you again if you didn’t receive it or if you deleted it by accident.

•••
Is there any posssibility that Escrow.com would be willing to provide a button for a buy now or a binding make offer feature on these landers?
Escrow.com has a lot of integration options. We’re excited to see how many of them we can add as options to NamePros Parking. :)

•••
NamePros does not sell personal information under any circumstances. The “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link is provided to comply with laws around it and to give you preemptive control over it if that ever changed for an unforeseen reason.
Thanks, understood! Keep up the good work and I hope one day NamePros becomes the most used sales lander in the industry. Good luck.

•••
Escrow.com integration is high on the list of options to add.

Oh I see
You must set and confirm a valid parking email address to use this parking service.

Show attachment 236371

I didn't got it. Why email that already is in my account can't be used without add moves?
Show attachment 236372

We recommend using a different email address for account security reasons, but you certainly could use your existing account email address as your parking email address.

We’ll see if we can make that easier by not requiring another email confirmation of it if it’s already confirmed on your NamePros account. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited:
•••
I don't want it to link to my Namepros profile.. how to disable that?
You can disable the NamePros user card setting in your Parking profile, this will hide NamePros account information.

1684172498065.png

This can also be individually changed on a per-domain basis by using the "Edit" button on domain name pages in the Parking Dashboard.

•••
Congrats for this new improvements ,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back