Free for-sale landers by NamePros

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NamePros

NamePros.comEstablished Member
NamePros Staff
Impact
Happy April 1st!

We have exciting news to share with you. This year, our April 1st pranks and activities are changing exclusively to adding useful features each year.

For our first April of this new initiative, we're bringing you:

After a very successful closed beta with select PRO members, industry leaders, and Large Portfolio Holders, we're finally ready to share it with you for its public beta! Special thanks to @Future Sensors for going above and beyond in every way to help us test and improve during the closed beta.

Now it's your turn!

Goat GIF by MOODMAN

We hope you'll like what you see!

All feedback and suggestions are appreciated. :)

greekcandy.png

Source: DomainGang

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
While you're at it, start a registrar that offers below cost pricing for namepros members only.

You may want to hold onto that one for next April Fools' though ;)

•••
To me this is more about advertising Namepros than making a sale.
If an end user click on Namepros link and see all the activities here (appraisal, domain name buyer request etc..), you will not have a chance to sell the name.
It's just my opinion.

•••
Each domain in the Verified Domains section is clickable. A red colored button should then appear to remove the domain from your portfolio.
Thanks so much, including comment on preferred order of operations, but for me (Mac if that makes a difference) when I go to verified domains my name I want to remove is listed, but when I click on it in any way I can think of (name, block, check mark, etc.) they all just take me to the inquiries list for that domain name. No red button to remove the domain from portfolio.

Suggestions?

Bob

•••
cheap thin line font for domain name
That's on tablet or mobile, right? The domain name could stand out a little more there, I agree.

On PC, the (verified) domain is already presented very boldly.

Last edited:
•••
The link to NamePros is pretty important - one way they can/could make a profit is if someone clicks their link, comes to NamePros and subscribes to a membership?......I don't begrudge that......
I don't either, but you have "Free domain parking provided by namePros™".

That seems reasonable. But, below that there is a much larger section.
On desktop it isn't that much of an issue as it is below the lander part.

On mobile, at least on my device, that section is much larger in relation to the lander.

Brad

•••
Last edited:
•••
Here are some of the initial suggestions I made, when it was in beta.
Several of these were already in the first release.

Pricing options -

- Ability to change min offer.
- Ability to use a "make offer" or BIN setting.
- Bulk change options, if possible.

Management -

- Some type of offer manager console, that shows all the offers in one area. So you don't have to click on each domain.

- Some type of import or file upload setting, so you can upload domains with settings.

Landers / Design-

- Other design options. The more the better.
- Ability to choose how a domain looks, AKA CamelCasing.
- Use a custom message instead of "Available for sale!"
- Ability to put other contact information directly on the lander.
- Option to link to your entire portfolio, if desired.
- Maybe an ability to add a custom logo to the page, like a company logo.

Sales -

- Down the road, maybe some way to guide the process via a service we decide like Escrow.com?
- Maybe an internal messaging system, instead of just email, if possible?

•••
Thanks for the work on this all at NamePros and @Future Sensors - it's nice to see someone adding something useful to the industry.

It looks good, but the footer is too much for me. I wish nps would do away with that and find a reasonable fee/charge/percentage.
I feel a little the same. Personally, I would be more than happy if NP spun this off into a separate project at some stage and charged a 5% commission with integrated payment/escrow. Essentially we get back what DAN used to be, from a provider who can innovate, who cares about the industry and who isn't concerned solely about the bottom line like the almighty GD.

Someone else had the idea that perhaps paid NP members should have the option of removing the footer. I'd be all for that. I have been paying for NP membership for a number of years, though don't think I am actually using any of the associated benefits, so something like that would remind me why I'm actually paying for membership!

Here are some of the initial suggestions I made, when it was in beta.
Several of these were already in the first release.

Pricing options -

- Ability to change min offer.
- Ability to use a "make offer" or BIN setting.
- Bulk change options, if possible.

Management -

- Some type of offer manager console, that shows all the offers in one area. So you don't have to click on each domain.

- Some type of import or file upload setting, so you can upload domains with settings.

Landers / Design-

- Other design options. The more the better.
- Ability to choose how a domain looks, AKA CamelCasing.
- Use a custom message instead of "Available for sale!"
- Ability to put other contact information directly on the lander.
- Option to link to your entire portfolio, if desired.
- Maybe an ability to add a custom logo to the page, like a company logo.

Sales -

- Down the road, maybe some way to guide the process via a service we decide like Escrow.com?
- Maybe an internal messaging system, instead of just email, if possible?
All excellent ideas. That would make it a fully functional platform.

•••
•••
You forgot to count the links, such as namepros.com in the “Report abuse” link. And the images, such as namepros-cdn.com that shows as loading resources.

But joking aside, the prefilled forms (placeholders) would be easy to update to something else. You don’t think that they provide important clarity so that the form is filled out correctly? Would you prefer another company name to be used as the placeholder instead?

•••
Thanks for your help testing! We're deploying an adjustment to the verification retry rate that should speed this up going forward. It'll be live in about five minutes.

Just USD for now, but we've developed this in such a way that we can add further customizability to the landing page in the future.
Thank you Paul ... hope for BIN feature and if possible adding escrow services exclusively at Namepros, so potential buyers can directly purchase at NP without go to outside platform.

•••
But joking aside, the prefilled forms (placeholders) would be easy to update to something else. You don’t think that they provide important clarity so that the form is filled out correctly? Would you prefer another company name to be used as the placeholder instead?
I'd propose use of the "Example.com" domain for this purpose:

"The domain names example.com, example.net, example.org, and example.edu are second-level domain names in the Domain Name System of the Internet. They are reserved by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) at the direction of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) as special-use domain names for documentation purposes. The domain names are used widely in books, tutorials, sample network configurations, and generally as examples for the use of domain names. The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) operates web sites for these domains with content that reflects their purpose."

Domain Name: EXAMPLE.COM
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.iana.org
Registrar URL: http://res-dom.iana.org
Updated Date: 2022-08-14T07:01:31Z
Creation Date: 1995-08-14T04:00:00Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2023-08-13T04:00:00Z
Registrar: RESERVED-Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
Registrar IANA ID: 376
Name Server: A.IANA-SERVERS.NET
Name Server: B.IANA-SERVERS.NET

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for providing the example.

I see that it requires at least a $1 submission to be allowed to proceed. Having the minimum offer setting would likely be helpful to screen for unnecessary emailsl.
Yeah, that was one of my top suggestions - the ability to set minimum offers.

Brad

•••
Please forgive me also if I sincerely ask a simple question here. Is there any possibility this is an extended April Fool's Day prank?

That would sure take a lot of effort for a prank, designing an entire back end.

There would be a lot funnier jokes with a lot less effort.

Brad

•••
It’s on the to-do list; it’s been a popular request. Please describe the features that you’d like for it to have.
For sharing the portfolio listings online, why not allow multiple portfolios. For example, one may have group of domains with different themes--such as houses, or crypto domains. Why not allow the lander to link to a specific category portfolio? And, perhaps allow each user up to let's say 5 different categories for separate portfolios in an account?

After all, the best leads from a lander, to other sales, may be to direct them to a group of related names in your individualized keyword/category portfolio. You may not want to distract them to seeing domains that are likely less relevant to their interests.

Last edited:
•••
What is really a must is a Link in the profile and navigation menu of NP to the Landers Page.
This has been added under “More” in the navigation bar.

More updates coming this week.

•••
•••
Happy April Fools! @NamePros,
What a surreal feeling, seeing you post.

•••
•••
Clean looking lander .
Why don't you just let the namepros in the lander not link to namepros? .Powered by namepros is fine but I wouldn't want a buyer to click "namepros", get directed to namepros and abandone the lander .

If they are curious to know what is on namepros,they can type it on their browser.

Thank you for putting in a lot of work to create to create this for free .

Just my honest opinion.

•••
You're absolutely right about the concern about that as a possibility.

The question is whether there is a way for Namepros to get additional income for their efforts, to help support the technology that powers this venture?

Any thoughts?

Overall, the link to Namepros may be very important. Someone landing on a webpage to be able to see the company behind it, to help confirm the legitimacy of the webpage.
I really don't know how they can make money but I am.sure they would have that at the back of their mind if at some point some investors can pay like a flat fee or 2% if a sale is made .Since they are doing it for the community,I am sure a low % will help with that.

Just an idea if there would be investors that would pay that.

•••
I personally don't find the links/Namepros references on the lander too obtrusive, no more than others. Overall nice, clean job.
There is my test lander - http://brad.us/

On Desktop browser the footer is far less distracting than on mobile IMO.
I do think the footer is a bit large, at least on my mobile device.

Brad

•••
It looks good, but the footer is too much for me. I wish nps would do away with that and find a reasonable fee/charge/percentage.
It's a start. I could see them adding features later.

I gave them a list of some ideas. I am sure others did as well.

Brad

•••
Would it be possible to add TXT record verification so I can use my own nameservers to redirect to np/parked/domain ?

•••
Please forgive me also if I sincerely ask a simple question here. Is there any possibility this is an extended April Fool's Day prank?
That would just be cruel. 😅

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back