IT.COM

alert Fraud Alert: One person using multiple accounts - chargebacks and domains not delivered for years

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

boker

Top Member
Impact
The story starts with one mistake from my side, when I forget to delist one domain sold a few days earlier. The guy post SOLD, I send him my paypal and he's paying...after half of hour when I wanted to push the domains, I notice that I don't own one of them anymore, apologize and I'm telling him to choose another name or I will refund his 2$.
After that, he starts being aggressive and say something like his in domaining for years but never happend something like this in his entire life....now, I start thinking how come a guy with an account opened a few days before can be so aggressive and can say that his domaining all his life, so I start checking what I can about him. This is the result of my investigation:

The guy has multiple namepros accounts, most of them he's using them for a few months, do some chargebacks or not paying for domains after he take's possession, closing them and opening new one's. He has also multiple paypal accounts and also multiple ebay accounts and he's doing it at least from 2009, but he's bragging on some sites that he's in domaining from 2002

His name is Randall Ford Ruben,( using alternatively Randy Ruben or Ford Ruben as well) and his using also Abbe Orteza or Mike Garey(probably others as well) also his using some companies names, like: Domain Administrators of America LLC and Domain Pawn, Domain Pawn Shop, the main address is from Van Nuys, California, 54 years old, but he uses addresses from Arizona and Tucson and Canada as well, his current username is gotchadomains, 25 days old account, buying, selling and bidding on tens of domains, so the same 'modus operandi' as the other accounts
  1. He uses multiple emails and phone numbers, I have found at least 7 of them, but for sure there are more:
    [email protected] (this is the main one)
  2. [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
  3. [email protected]
    [email protected] ( this email used for paypal - even the description of the payment is- 'gone gone domains', so probably a sign)

He owns close to 2k domains, 90% of them adult domains.

These are the namepros accounts that I have found related to him:
    gotchadomains- this is his current username
    domainsupermarket- closed in 2009 after non payment of tens of domains:
    https://www.namepros.com/threads/non-payment-by-domainsupermarket.610023/#post-3666192
    This is his domain blog from 2009, you can see that both, the username and him owned the same domains: http://domainsupermarket.blogspot.ro/ and a whois check from 2009 will show exactly the same thing
    tropicaldomains- closed in 2017 after multiple bad reviews, this username and his email address [email protected] owned in the same time multiple domains https://www.namepros.com/threads/hackanyone-com.995098/
    crazydomaindeals- closed in 2010, after multiple bad reviews, the username and his email address showed that it's the same person, owning the same domains: https://www.namepros.com/threads/premiumbacklinks-org-1-start-auction.767656/
    brandxdomains- this account is still live, he's using as well the email address: [email protected] with this account, they look and act the same: multiple domains related to them in the same time, most of them adult domains and a buying and selling rush
    https://www.namepros.com/threads/cliqqo-com-dysner-bricle-clearzo-1-start-lot.847779/
    He has lots of activity on tens of forums, selling domains on adult forums as well, he has lots of ebay accounts closing them every few weeks and opening others, but keeps also one main account.
  4. If you google his domains and email addresses you can find lots of complains like this one, from ripoffreport: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports...ld-me-a-domain-name-but-did-not-transf-988444
I wonder how come nobody noticed in the last 10 years what this guy is doing and why the users who were cheated by him( I know at least 30-40 namepros users) didn't complaint enough so that he can be discovered earlier. Please share if you have any new email or name used by this guy, maybe we will find out the full extent of the story.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ab////be Ort////eza I seriously doubt is the same person..

Thats BrandXdomains and she sold me many many many domains at very very competitive prices. She never behaved like a man and frankly always were telling me about her nursing job and how stressful it was being both a nurse and domainer.

She was always a bit confused and did not strike me as a hustler at all. Though I now see her account is restricted. Her paypal Email is also different from any of the ones you posted.

Maybe you should remove her name until you are certain.

•••
As mentioned none of the email addresses you posted match the ones I had interaction with.

Abbe was NOT very aggressive. Quite the other way around as I sometime had to be little vocal. She was all over the place and frankly could never remember where she had her names. I pushed her and criticized her to the point that if she really was an aggressive hustler.. She would have pushed back. Instead she told me she was dropping out since she could not handle the stress.

I bought 25-35 domains from her over multiple deals and never had any issues other than the before mentioned with her being loose on details. Always worked out though.

She also has a verified Paypal in that name.

•••
Dude. You have NOT shown me you are right. I get you like to be right. But frankly your research is a mess and in my world is no where near ready to be published.

So someone did not update an address on a domain? I still dont get your "proof".

•••
I think you are wrong. BrandXDomains/AO has 1000+ positive trade reviews, and she used to be the most active buyer at NP previously. She has 1088 positive trade reviews and 2 negative ones. There is no way she is doing chargebacks after receiving domains with that positive/negative review ratio.

•••
MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS??? Surely this one should be enough to get him/her banned because i remember very clear that multi account not allowed here on Namepros.
I think he could be aloud if he ask's permission and if the other account is in good standing, but I don't think that they knew about so many of them. Also, he has multiple paypal accounts, I have sent them all the data and they have started an investigation, but it could take a couple of weeks. After that, they will send everything to ebay, at least he will be stopped for some time.

•••
I bought 38 domains from him/her, in Jan 2017. He used that rford email address in whois, went by the name Reynaldo Reyes and his PayPal email used domainliquidators gmail. Was using tropicaldomains username on NP at that time.
I sent payment first, he sent me the domains. Got no problem in that deal, though he was constantly messaging to complete the deal asap.

•••
I never had a problem with this buyer doing a chargeback however there's been plenty of times where it was difficult to get the seller to pay for a domain

Exactly!

Took over a week for paypal.

•••
Some new info: I found out three other email addresses used(over 10 now) and two more possible accounts (until is not 100% I will not public them) and @promo was right for a small fraction: I think that he was dealing with a women some times, but nothing to do with Abbe Ortega. Her name is Rose Ford and I think that Randall Ruben Ford is her husband. They both use all accounts, so that why was so big difference of personalities. They have accounts at tens of adult websites, so probably here the husband was in action. They have complaints all over, not just here, a few other forums, ebay and other websites. She knows about everything, because a few months ago she used that email [email protected] where she was working, so she's aware of everything. I have received a few emails with info about them and peoples want to keep their identity private, so I will respect that.
I will update from time to time.

Last edited:
•••
A new email confirmed as used by the same user: [email protected], used under names Abbe Orteza, Reynaldo Reyes and Lorena Aquino

•••
Thanks for this information.

•••
I just looked up all of those account usernames Eric posted that this person has had in my Direct Messages box and only see 1 interaction between me and him/her. I bought a domain from "BrandXDomains" .
The transaction went perfect and there were no red flags at all for me.
That person went by the name of Abbe,
and their PP email was [email protected].

I swear I have done transactions with the @crazydomaindeals member a few years back, but I cant find any messages to/from that username. Weird.

But back to Abbe/BrandXDomains user, my experience was a good one as I was the buyer.

•••
thank you Paul for all of these.

Really appreciated for the information

•••
I went through @crazydomaindeals negative reviews. . . there's 8. I wasn't going to go through all 30 pages of reviews to read the 8, but from the 4 or 5 I saw, he didn't steal from anyone. He just bid and didn't pay after winning. . . That's not really stealing.
You should ask than the guy who lost 26 domains, which were never paid by brandx and also he never wanted to give them back, he just closed his account. Or the guys who sold him domains and he started chargebacks after 4-5 months, so that they even can't remember which domains were, but for chargebacks at 10-20$, they didn't bothered to fight him. Or the guy who lost hundreds, because he paid by paypal friends and family and he never answered afterwords. And the story goes over and over. I think if you really want to have a big picture of what he is doing you should spend some time checking him out and after that than let me know if you still want to have something to do with him.

Last edited:
•••
@boker .. Thanks for all this investigation. (y)

•••
So let me get this straight.

You are at fault for selling a name you do not own(at the time you sold it).

The buyer gets frustrated as a result..

You are offended that the buyer is upset at something they have aright to be upset about.

You are starting a whole investigation on the buyer, because they are upset at something that's your mistake..

But who knows... in the process of your witch hunt,you may have discovered something.

At this point, I don't know if this thread is about a boy or girl. lol

You're researching game is on point lol

•••
I should emphasize this again:

While we do take those failed agreements seriously and remove access to our marketplace if it keeps happening, those rule violations are not as bad as theft or shill bidding.

The only instance of an unforgivable-until-made-right violation on NamePros (that we know about) is from 2009: https://www.namepros.com/threads/non-payment-by-domainsupermarket.610023/

Until the money from 2009 is refunded, this member will not be allowed to use our marketplace.

I hope that helps,
What about if he uses at least two of his accounts to bid on the same auction? Is that allowed? From only one search on one page only, domainauthorities and brandxdomains, has bid with both his accounts on 14 different auctions: https://www.namepros.com/search/15507851/?page=2&q=domainauthorities&o=relevance
So, if you do an average of auctions where he was active, probably he has hundreds of auctions where he was bidding with two accounts in the same time.

Last edited:
•••
It looks like the person in question tried to pay in 2009, it's just that the seller didn't want to accept a physical check and insisted on paypal. If I won an auction and suddenly couldn't pay in PayPal, I would be forced to try a different payment method. . . if I wasn't allowed to pay with a different method then it's unfair that I would be called a scammer lol?

•••
It looks like the person in question tried to pay in 2009, it's just that the seller didn't want to accept a physical check and insisted on paypal. If I won an auction and suddenly couldn't pay in PayPal, I would be forced to try a different payment method. . . if I wasn't allowed to pay with a different method then it's unfair that I would be called a scammer lol?
The domains were never returned to the seller. All of those domains are technically stolen.

•••
i'd like to know whatever happened to this guy ? any updates .

•••
i'd like to know whatever happened to this guy ? any updates .
Most of his known accounts are closed, except one, brandxdomains, which is restricted, but new info regarding his emails and names used could be find out in the future, like the info about him using Lorena Vila as his name.

•••
It's like trying to explain to a small child. First of all, if you will try to pay by check from US to Europe, it could take ages, most bank don't accept foreign checks and even the one's who accept, will charge you a big chunck of cash, so nobody trading for xx or low xxx will accept something like this. Also, was proved that he was using multiple paypal accounts, so he could use another one to pay and in the same he sold some of the same names and bought new one's, so he could use his paypal for sure.

•••
@Jv1999

I'm curious is the same person still have another id perhaps he got inactive namepros id specially used only for stalking and reading LOL or even worst he did have another id and use it for agitating right on this thread....
Lol. Okay. I'm just trying to say you're all drinking boker's koolaid when even eric said he only stole domains a single time and that was in 2009, when he actually did try to pay using a check. Boker started out saying he scammed multiple people across a decade. Turns out he only scammed one person and everything else is just winning auctions and not paying.

But he also made over thousands of legitimate transactions with many people where nothing went wrong. That's why Eric is still allowing him to bid and participate in the marketplace.

Boker's just butthurt about his negative review, and that's all I was trying to point out. Brandx scammed one person almost a decade ago, but still made countless honest deals with all of his multiple accounts. It's not even profitable to steal $45 domains but spend 8 years and over $3,000 trying to cover it up?

•••
Lol. Okay. I'm just trying to say you're all drinking boker's koolaid when even eric said he only stole domains a single time and that was in 2009, when he actually did try to pay using a check. Boker started out saying he scammed multiple people across a decade. Turns out he only scammed one person and everything else is just winning auctions and not paying.

But he also made over thousands of legitimate transactions with many people where nothing went wrong. That's why Eric is still allowing him to bid and participate in the marketplace.

Boker's just butthurt about his negative review, and that's all I was trying to point out. Brandx scammed one person almost a decade ago, but still made countless honest deals with all of his multiple accounts. It's not even profitable to steal $45 domains but spend 8 years and over $3,000 trying to cover it up?
I'm curious where did you saw the 45$ domains, because I could not see the amount. Maybe you know more than you should. Also, Eric is talking about the things happened at namepros, you just keep your eyes closed and you act like you can't see the ripoffreport's, or the blog talking about craiglist scammers connected to his email addresses or his names which were sold in the same time by 7 different ebay accounts. Or the simply fact that paypal has started an investigation about all his accounts. I start believing Imezi that you're more than a simply fan of him. What about this guy, who complains that his lying saying that the transfer was canceled, do you think that he started the chargeback and keept the name as well? https://www.namepros.com/tradereviews/crazydomaindeals.171918/view/for?page=25 Or what do you think about this guy, who complains about not receiving the domain after he paid https://www.namepros.com/tradereviews/domainauthorities.979775/view/for
The story is that he was active in 3-4k threads, but the history let us check only the last 10 pages, so we can only check 5% of what he was doing...try to figure out was he was doing in the rest of 95% of the time.

•••
I appreciate @boker `s afford on finding those bad seeds upon us.

Keep up the good work @boker

(y)

•••
Ab////be Ort////eza I seriously doubt is the same person..

Thats BrandXdomains and she sold me many many many domains at very very competitive prices. She never behaved like a man and frankly always were telling me about her nursing job and how stressful it was being both a nurse and domainer.

She was always a bit confused and did not strike me as a hustler at all. Though I now see her account is restricted. Her paypal Email is also different from any of the ones you posted.

Maybe you should remove her name until you are certain.
I have confirmed with other users who traded with him, one of the email addresses used is [email protected] He said sometimes something like 'god bless' or something like this and sometimes was very aggresssive...also, some users know him as a female some users know him as a guy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back