IT.COM

alert Fraud Alert: One person using multiple accounts - chargebacks and domains not delivered for years

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

boker

Top Member
Impact
The story starts with one mistake from my side, when I forget to delist one domain sold a few days earlier. The guy post SOLD, I send him my paypal and he's paying...after half of hour when I wanted to push the domains, I notice that I don't own one of them anymore, apologize and I'm telling him to choose another name or I will refund his 2$.
After that, he starts being aggressive and say something like his in domaining for years but never happend something like this in his entire life....now, I start thinking how come a guy with an account opened a few days before can be so aggressive and can say that his domaining all his life, so I start checking what I can about him. This is the result of my investigation:

The guy has multiple namepros accounts, most of them he's using them for a few months, do some chargebacks or not paying for domains after he take's possession, closing them and opening new one's. He has also multiple paypal accounts and also multiple ebay accounts and he's doing it at least from 2009, but he's bragging on some sites that he's in domaining from 2002

His name is Randall Ford Ruben,( using alternatively Randy Ruben or Ford Ruben as well) and his using also Abbe Orteza or Mike Garey(probably others as well) also his using some companies names, like: Domain Administrators of America LLC and Domain Pawn, Domain Pawn Shop, the main address is from Van Nuys, California, 54 years old, but he uses addresses from Arizona and Tucson and Canada as well, his current username is gotchadomains, 25 days old account, buying, selling and bidding on tens of domains, so the same 'modus operandi' as the other accounts
  1. He uses multiple emails and phone numbers, I have found at least 7 of them, but for sure there are more:
    [email protected] (this is the main one)
  2. [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
  3. [email protected]
    [email protected] ( this email used for paypal - even the description of the payment is- 'gone gone domains', so probably a sign)

He owns close to 2k domains, 90% of them adult domains.

These are the namepros accounts that I have found related to him:
    gotchadomains- this is his current username
    domainsupermarket- closed in 2009 after non payment of tens of domains:
    https://www.namepros.com/threads/non-payment-by-domainsupermarket.610023/#post-3666192
    This is his domain blog from 2009, you can see that both, the username and him owned the same domains: http://domainsupermarket.blogspot.ro/ and a whois check from 2009 will show exactly the same thing
    tropicaldomains- closed in 2017 after multiple bad reviews, this username and his email address [email protected] owned in the same time multiple domains https://www.namepros.com/threads/hackanyone-com.995098/
    crazydomaindeals- closed in 2010, after multiple bad reviews, the username and his email address showed that it's the same person, owning the same domains: https://www.namepros.com/threads/premiumbacklinks-org-1-start-auction.767656/
    brandxdomains- this account is still live, he's using as well the email address: [email protected] with this account, they look and act the same: multiple domains related to them in the same time, most of them adult domains and a buying and selling rush
    https://www.namepros.com/threads/cliqqo-com-dysner-bricle-clearzo-1-start-lot.847779/
    He has lots of activity on tens of forums, selling domains on adult forums as well, he has lots of ebay accounts closing them every few weeks and opening others, but keeps also one main account.
  4. If you google his domains and email addresses you can find lots of complains like this one, from ripoffreport: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports...ld-me-a-domain-name-but-did-not-transf-988444
I wonder how come nobody noticed in the last 10 years what this guy is doing and why the users who were cheated by him( I know at least 30-40 namepros users) didn't complaint enough so that he can be discovered earlier. Please share if you have any new email or name used by this guy, maybe we will find out the full extent of the story.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ab////be Ort////eza I seriously doubt is the same person..

Thats BrandXdomains and she sold me many many many domains at very very competitive prices. She never behaved like a man and frankly always were telling me about her nursing job and how stressful it was being both a nurse and domainer.

She was always a bit confused and did not strike me as a hustler at all. Though I now see her account is restricted. Her paypal Email is also different from any of the ones you posted.

Maybe you should remove her name until you are certain.

•••
Ab////be Ort////eza I seriously doubt is the same person..

Thats BrandXdomains and she sold me many many many domains at very very competitive prices. She never behaved like a man and frankly always were telling me about her nursing job and how stressful it was being both a nurse and domainer.

She was always a bit confused and did not strike me as a hustler at all. Though I now see her account is restricted. Her paypal Email is also different from any of the ones you posted.

Maybe you should remove her name until you are certain.
I have confirmed with other users who traded with him, one of the email addresses used is [email protected] He said sometimes something like 'god bless' or something like this and sometimes was very aggresssive...also, some users know him as a female some users know him as a guy.

•••
Also, out of curiosity, try to go back and do some whois check on some of his domains and let me know if it's something else then what I was saying...I did it for around 10 domains, which were not under privacy and the result is the same: one of the companies or this email.

•••
As mentioned none of the email addresses you posted match the ones I had interaction with.

Abbe was NOT very aggressive. Quite the other way around as I sometime had to be little vocal. She was all over the place and frankly could never remember where she had her names. I pushed her and criticized her to the point that if she really was an aggressive hustler.. She would have pushed back. Instead she told me she was dropping out since she could not handle the stress.

I bought 25-35 domains from her over multiple deals and never had any issues other than the before mentioned with her being loose on details. Always worked out though.

She also has a verified Paypal in that name.

•••
Yeah first thing I did..

None of the names I looked up had those details.. I only did 5 though. Also she did have thousands of names.. Never saw an adult one though.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah first thing I did..

None of the names I looked up had those details.. I only did 5 though.
I have checked with others without telling them the email, just asking them if it contains 'ford' in it....and they just send me the same email address...maybe he has multiple personalities, I don't know. Check this out, he bought it it two years ago, you can check the link. And the results it's the same for multiple domains, which he bought in different time frames:
http://website.informer.com/cliqqo.com#tab_stats

•••
There is a movie from this year with the guy with 23 personalities, hopefully it's not him. :xf.wink:

•••
I have two emails on her.. None of them are related to ford and both relate to the name I know her under.

I bought 5 domains at a time.. Sometimes she sold 100 at a time.. She was a flipper. Meaning one person could have bought a giant heap of her names when she was dropping out. If the only correlation you have is that the person you think is a scammer owns names that she bought at one time.. I suggest you find more evidence before smearing her name.

Be careful you dont muddy your own waters, by drawing correlations where none exists.

An easy way is to go to reg.ru and order whois history on a name and see if she sold it to someone else. It costs 2-3 USD per report.

•••
If you can, send me a PM with her emails and I will double check them, but others were already saying that he used this email.

•••
I'm not posting them if you don't want that and I always check multiple times to be sure of what I'm saying.

•••
So, I was right...I have checked and if you check for the second email you sent me, you will see the same address 'van nuys' and one of the phone numbers used by other emails like: [email protected]....you still think that it's a coincidence?

•••
I think based on what @promo said, if she has been dumping names by the 100's then it's likely that the scammer also managed to get some of her domains, if the email addresses don't correspond then you could be could be wrong and there is a chance you are implicating an innocent person. It's also possible that the scammer is using previous domain owners names as some of his aliases..... I don't think you should implicate her without making sure.

Last edited:
•••
I think based on what @promo said, if she has been dumping names by the 100's then it's likely that the scammer also managed to get some of her domains, if the email addresses don't correspond then you could be could be wrong and there is a chance you are implicating an innocent person. It's also possible that the scammer is using previous domain owners names as some of his aliases..... I don't think you should implicate her without making sure.
He sent me the email addresses: both have the same phone number and the same address like the others in the list...I like it when I'm right.

•••
I'm also sure that he has way more accounts...peoples need to step up and let me know, we can check and we will not say anything until we are not 100% sure.

•••
He sent me the email addresses: both have the same phone number and the same address like the others in the list...I like it when I'm right.

Hmmm same phone numbers! eish.

Nurse gone Rogue:xf.grin:

•••
I don't know much but have sold several domains to BrandX and TropicalDomains and she never did a chargeback on me and I believe NamePros admins were always aware that these two accounts are used by same person but one person is allowed to create multiple business accounts and I don't think she ever tried to hide the fact that she runs both of these accounts.

•••
You should check yourself and see stories: my secretary had an accident and she was the one who should have paid, but she can't; it's my daughters birthday, I will pay you some other time; the story with paypal account which get hacked you can find it at least 10 times.

•••
I don't know much but have sold several domains to BrandX and TropicalDomains and she never did a chargeback on me and I believe NamePros admins were always aware that these two accounts are used by same person but one person is allowed to create multiple business accounts and I don't think she ever tried to hide the fact that she runs both of these accounts.
It's possible that they knew about these two...but they knew about the others? You can check the links yourself. So if in 2009 you close your account because you didn't paid 20-30 domains to one guy and then you open a new one, like you didn't do anything wrong, than it's something wrong with you and you should not be aloud to open new one's. Peoples should be aware that you're the same person who didn't paid or that you did chargeback for lots of domains from different users, saying that you didn't received the domains.

•••
Dude. You have NOT shown me you are right. I get you like to be right. But frankly your research is a mess and in my world is no where near ready to be published.

So someone did not update an address on a domain? I still dont get your "proof".

•••
Dude. You have NOT shown me you are right. I get you like to be right. But frankly your research is a mess and in my world is no where near ready to be published.

So someone did not update an address on a domain? I still dont get your "proof".
I know guys who know him as abbe orteza and randy ford as welll, this should be enough? Also, the same phone number, the same domains owned, the same address? I don't know what else I should prove.

•••
Even the description, the letter size, the order, everything its' the same as the current gotchadomains in a sale thread....I think that it's a heritage received in the same time with the domains.

•••
I think you are wrong. BrandXDomains/AO has 1000+ positive trade reviews, and she used to be the most active buyer at NP previously. She has 1088 positive trade reviews and 2 negative ones. There is no way she is doing chargebacks after receiving domains with that positive/negative review ratio.

•••
I think you are wrong. BrandXDomains/AO has 1000+ positive trade reviews, and she used to be the most active buyer at NP previously. She has 1088 positive trade reviews and 2 negative ones. There is no way she is doing chargebacks after receiving domains with that positive/negative review ratio.
Ok, so how you can explain, the same phone number, the same addres, that some guys knew him as abbe orteza and some as randy ford, that brandxdomains has used multiple times the email address [email protected] to be paid, the same as the other accounts? Also check this out, description of a sale thread:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/certifieddrug-com.990013/
https://www.namepros.com/threads/justconnectors-com-12-years-old.1041367/
One made by brandxdomains and the other made by gotchadomains and the same with others. Also, they share the same address, the same phone number, the same domains, just the name is different. What looks like a duck, sound like a duck...it's a duck.

Last edited:
•••
He was not using this username to do chargebacks and not paying the domain, he was using other usernames which he was keeping them for a few months and than closing, so that it will not affect his rating. The same thing is with ebay, one main account with tons of good rating, mostly for 1-2$ domains...and lots of small accounts with bad rating which he closes them and open new one's....the best cover ever. And I'm sure that he uses other active accounts as well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back