Dynadot

discuss Followup on outbound

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

UmerK

Established Member
Impact
As most of you folks would know, I do heavy outbounds and every single sale of mine so far is through that method.

Followup I think is one of the key thing everyone doing outbound should do, so here are some questions for folks with experience regarding this.

1- How often do you follow up?

2- Do you use different follow up templates or stick to same one?

3- Do you have a max number of follow up? If yes, how many follow ups?

Looking forward to some responses that further improve outbound for all of us, for me I closed a deal a month back on 7th or 8th follow up 10 months after initial email.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As most of you folks would know, I do heavy outbounds and every single sale of mine so far is through that method.

Followup I think is one of the key thing everyone doing outbound should do, so here are some questions for folks with experience regarding this.

1- How often do you follow up?

2- Do you use different follow up templates or stick to same one?

3- Do you have a max number of follow up? If yes, how many follow ups?

Looking forward to some responses that further improve outbound for all of us, for me I closed a deal a month back on 7th or 8th follow up 10 months after initial email.

Please start.. We are learning.. What's your answer ?

•••
Please start.. We are learning.. What's your answer ?

1- I try different periods and gaps but the most common is a week after 1st email, another around a month and there on every month or once two months.

2- I use different templates ranging from a simple "What can I do to make this works?" to a reduced price followup.

3- I think the max would be 10 but the most I have followed up is about 8, I might surpass 10 in some cases, the rate of replies increases significantly after 3rd/4th follow up.

•••
I've never followed up with someone who hasn't responded to the initial outbound e-mail. I remember showing interest in a car through a dealership online, and I must've got 10 emails after that. I had to politely decline and hoped they stopped emailing me. That being said, I've sent emails as late as 5 years after declining their offer and still sold the name for good profit.

•••
1- I try different periods and gaps but the most common is a week after 1st email, another around a month and there on every month or once two months.

2- I use different templates ranging from a simple "What can I do to make this works?" to a reduced price followup.

3- I think the max would be 10 but the most I have followed up is about 8, I might surpass 10 in some cases, the rate of replies increases significantly after 3rd/4th follow up.
Really interesting. Would you even follow up upto 8 times if there's not a single reply to any of your earlier follow-ups including the first email ?

•••

I get these type of emails frequently and they are very annoying. 4,5,6 follow-up emails about the same domain I was not interested in the first time.

It is more just straight up spam after the first email with no response.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I get these type of emails frequently and they are very annoying. 4,5,6 follow-up emails about the same domain I was not interested in the first time.

It is more just straight up spam after the first email with no response.

Brad
I do realize and know where you are coming from but I disagree a little with you on this one, Brad

The email in most cases (first one) ends with explaining to write word "Unsubscribe" or let me know in case you do not want to be disturbed again.

I have had quite a few responses post 3rd response, also with outbounds lets say I am selling a geo, in first few emails I might not get a reply because my initial asking price in first email is high. So a followup regarding drop in price seems the way to go.

I have had 2 sales closed with absolutely no reply on first 5 emails, IMHO just a short email following up and asking if they have any interest is not spam.

To each to his own though and I very much respect your though process behind calling followups spam.

Umer

•••
I do realize and know where you are coming from but I disagree a little with you on this one, Brad

The email in most cases (first one) ends with explaining to write word "Unsubscribe" or let me know in case you do not want to be disturbed again.

I have had quite a few responses post 3rd response, also with outbounds lets say I am selling a geo, in first few emails I might not get a reply because my initial asking price in first email is high. So a followup regarding drop in price seems the way to go.

I have had 2 sales closed with absolutely no reply on first 5 emails, IMHO just a short email following up and asking if they have any interest is not spam.

To each to his own though and I very much respect your though process behind calling followups spam.

Umer

So you are basically saying you can subscribe someone, without their permission, to receive as many emails from you as you want to send. The burden is then on them to opt-out by unsubscribing. That is ridiculous.

On top of just general standards, it is likely not even in compliance with the Can-Spam Act where there is a certain minimum threshold that needs to be met.

Here is a real word example of what this nonsense looks like, and this is only (4) total emails. Imagine 8+ emails from many different people spamming their own domains.

Also, despite this email saying it is compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act, it is not for multiple reasons.

Hi Brad,

Can I please get a response?

Regards,
Team
PieDomains.com

Best Regards,

Team

PieDomains.com

-------------------------------------------------

This is an advertisement mail strictly on the guidelines of CAN-SPAM act of
2003. Clearly mentioned the source mail-id of this mail and this is no way
misleading in any form. We have found your mail address through our own
efforts by web search and not through any illegal way. If you find this
mail unsolicited, please reply with "Remove" and we will take care that you
do not receive any further promotional mail.

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 7:31 PM, Pie Domains <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Brad,
>
> I would really appreciate if you can take a minute and let me know if you
> would be interested in the domain name?
>
> Regards,
> Team
> Pie Domains
> ᐧ
>
> Best Regards,
>
>
> Team
>
> PieDomains.com
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------
>
> This is an advertisement mail strictly on the guidelines of CAN-SPAM act
> of 2003. Clearly mentioned the source mail-id of this mail and this is no
> way misleading in any form. We have found your mail address through our own
> efforts by web search and not through any illegal way. If you find this
> mail unsolicited, please reply with "Remove" and we will take care that you
> do not receive any further promotional mail.
>
>
> On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 8:21 PM, Pie Domains <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Brad,
>>
>> Just wondering if you got my last mail?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Team
>> PieDomains.com
>> ᐧ
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>>
>> Team
>>
>> PieDomains.com
>>
>>
>> -------------------------------------------------
>>
>> This is an advertisement mail strictly on the guidelines of CAN-SPAM act
>> of 2003. Clearly mentioned the source mail-id of this mail and this is no
>> way misleading in any form. We have found your mail address through our own
>> efforts by web search and not through any illegal way. If you find this
>> mail unsolicited, please reply with "Remove" and we will take care that you
>> do not receive any further promotional mail.
>>
>>
>> On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 10:32 PM, Pie Domains <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi There,
>>>
>>>
>>> Our company owns the domain *Glass-Repairs.com* , which we are
>>> considering to sell.
>>> Would you be interested in buying the domain name *Glass-Repairs.com*?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>>
>>> Team
>>>
>>> PieDomains.com
>>>
>>> -------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> This is an advertisement mail strictly on the guidelines of CAN-SPAM act
>>> of 2003. Clearly mentioned the source mail-id of this mail and this is no
>>> way misleading in any form. We have found your mail address through our own
>>> efforts by web search and not through any illegal way. If you find this
>>> mail unsolicited, please reply with "Remove" and we will take care that you
>>> do not receive any further promotional mail.

Last edited:
•••
So you are basically saying you can subscribe someone, without their permission, to receive as many emails from you as you want to send. The burden is then on them to opt-out by unsubscribing. That is ridiculous.

On top of just general standards, it is likely not even in compliance with the Can-Spam Act where there is a certain minimum threshold that needs to be met.

Here is a real word example of what this nonsense looks like, and this is only (4) total emails. Imagine 8+ emails from many different people spamming their own domains.

Also, despite this email saying it is compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act, it is not for multiple reasons.

Lol @ team pie domains

•••

I did not say the onus on them, all I am saying is there's high possibility they do not reply because of the price. I am not talking about the moral, ethical and legal side of it either, follow ups have worked for me in past and I think they will work in future.

The particular sale I talked about in first reply was 8 emails apart a year later, the success with outbound is more often dependent on right timing and to find that right time follow ups are something I regularly do.

Also how effective CAN-SPAM is and to what extent it is followed is something I am skeptical of.

•••
Why should the recipient bother doing this ? You're not alone sending unsolicited mail.
I don't unsubscribe because that would confirm the mail was received and read, when it shouldn't have.
BTW I process hundreds of E-mails per day, I guarantee I don't have the time nor the inclination to unsubscribe from junk.

I am not saying you are not achieving results, but at what amount of inconvenience and wasted time for recipients ?

•••
Why should the recipient bother doing this ? You're not alone sending unsolicited mail.
I don't unsubscribe because that would confirm the mail was received and read, when it shouldn't have.
BTW I process hundreds of E-mails per day, I guarantee I don't have the time nor the inclination to unsubscribe from junk.

I am not saying you are not achieving results, but at what amount of inconvenience and wasted time for recipients ?

I totally understand that but the thing is to my surprise a significant percentage of people's response are polite to say the least, it is inconvenience - no denying that but perhaps being active/aggressive is the way to go these days.

•••

Umer
Could you please share the email templates that you used so far to sell the domains. Please. It would be very helpful to us.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back