Dynadot

discuss What's your outbound story?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Share your outbound experiences here. One of mine goes like this:

I emailed a possible buyer about a gaming industry domain name. No response for a week.
I followed up. The buyer responded with "I don't need the domain but I hope you sell." The next day, I wake up to an email from him if I owned any names in 'his' niche.
I had like 50 of them. Emailed the list.
Ended up selling around 40 of them to him!

That's my outbound story where a follow up lead to over $5000 in domain sales.

What's your story?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My first of very few attempts at "outbound" was a phone call on a llll.com where my "target" owned a business matching my domain. During my brief pitch I could sense his impatience brewing just before he outright accused me of extorting him for $$$ (possibly he used a term like "you people").

Not surprisingly it was a very short call and probably my last attempt at telephone domain sales.

In fact, years later another phone conversation with a company's "IT guy" to finalize a sale turned ugly really fast and killed a deal that was previously a "sure thing". It might have been the other guy's cousin, the more I think about it.

Last edited:
•••
My first of very few attempts at "outbound" was a phone call on a llll.com where my "target" owned a business matching my domain. During my brief pitch I could sense his impatience brewing just before he outright accused me of extorting him for $$$ (possibly he used a term like "you people").

Not surprisingly it was a very short call and probably my last attempt at telephone domain sales.

In fact, years later another phone conversation with a company's "IT guy" to finalize a sale turned ugly really fast and killed a deal that was previously a "sure thing". It might have been the other guy's cousin, the more I think about it.

That's a sad story! Cold calling does kill deals sometimes. I have had bad experiences in cold calling. Of the 20 odd calls that I made, I never ended up reaching the decision maker. Turns out, I ended up paying $30-$40 for call charges with no result and a lot of time waste!

How about emails in your case?

•••
•••
Sent 500 emails in one afternoon, woke up next day and hosting account clised.

•••
I tried it for a while, but for me personally, I prefer to spend that time to improve my existing portfolio, or to spend some time at NamePros. (y):coffee:

I felt “spammy”...

•••
I must admit I do the occasional outbound. But, I am selective and will only email one potential buyer at a time, and only then after satisfying myself, that the domain really is in their interest (even if the price isn't)

two days work, four outbound emails = 4 good sales. Never managed to repeat that ratio, but it still brings a smile to my face

Last edited:
•••
I outbounded once. Sent around 30 emails. Received a reply of ''please tell me more". I "told them more" but they didn't even open the email. I called and mentioned the email to the secretary. She told me she's going to print the email and place it at the manager's desk. Still no reply from them yet. That was 1-2 weeks ago.

•••
•••
I once messaged about a logo related domain name to a linkedIn contact who used to design logos and didnt had a website. She replied that she has liked my website name and price range and was ready to MAKE a logo in suggested price range for my website. :banghead:

Last edited:
•••
I once messaged about a logo related domain name to a linkedIn contact who used to design logos and didnt had a website. She replied that she has liked my website name and price range and was ready to MAKE a logo in suggested price range for my website. :banghead:
Very funny in an annoying way

•••
I must admit I do the occasional outbound. But, I am selective and will only email one potential buyer at a time, and only then after satisfying myself, that the domain really is in their interest (even if the price isn't)

two days work, four outbound emails = 4 good sales. Never managed to repeat that ratio, but it still brings a smile to my face

That will definitely make anyone smile :) That's 100 percent conversion rate.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back