NameSilo

Outbound Marketing: What's Your Best Approach?

Labeled as discuss in Domain Selling and Domain Sales started by Amzymayor, Nov 29, 2017.

Replies:
Views:

1. Amzymayor

Amzymayor Established Member

I've read a lot about outbound domain marketing on and off Namepros. I've done for some of my domain names, followed up, and got very low replies.

So I have some questions I believe will help a newbie like me about Outbound Marketing.

Thank you as you help out.

1. What works best for you - a short or long sales pitch?
    2. What's your average domain sales via outbound - 1 out of 10, 1 out of 20, 1 out of 50?
    3. Do you follow u? How many times?
    4. Who do you send your emails to?
    5. Do you make use of your Gmail account or your customized domain name?

Thank you.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. rohitgoyal

rohitgoyal Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

i have a team of 10 who does outbound for my domains. I will try to answer your queries..

1. A short pitch works best. If the end user would be interested and enquire about price than you can send a long reply with all the details.
    2. 1 out of 10. Best response i have recieved from Geo domains and sometimes on keyword based domains.
    3. yes i personally prefer to follow up only once for all the mails sent. I personally feel that following up more than once would be pure spamming. If a negotiation is going on than there can ofcourse of be multiple follow ups.
    4. We can mail id via bulk whois. In case we have a premium domain whose target end user is a big corporate than we collect and send mail via hunter.io.
    5. We use customized email id for all the mails.

3. Amzymayor

Wow! Thanks so much about your response. I really appreciate your effort. So, do you suggest I leave out the price in the first email address?

4. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

What works best: a good domain name, that is priced right. But then, you wouldn't need to do outbound, you just wait for end users to come to you. Admittedly this can take some time but your bargaining position will be better too.
    PS: there are already multiple threads on that very topic.

5. Amzymayor

Thanks Kate. Have you done any outbound on your names before? What was the result?

6. rohitgoyal

That's completely your as different stretegy work for different people...
    I normally send price in second mail if the buyer enquire about the price.
    Though you can send the price in first mail itself but in that chances of the mail reported as spam would be higher...
    We send outbound mails to 200-300 enduser for each domains and hardly 5-10 people would be interested in the domain and enquire about price so no sense sending price to everyone who we mail..

7. Amzymayor

Wow! That's huge. 200 to 300 endusers. Thanks so much for your time and input. I think I have one more question to go:

Using hunter.io to search for prospects emails. Do you send to the [email protected] or you select a person and send your email to them?

8. rohitgoyal

hunter.io is used to get email id of top executive of large corporate.
    It is only beneficial when you are targeting large corporate house otherwise you can collect email id from whois from normal end user.

9. Nikhil Jain

Nikhil Jain Top Member VIP

Many a time whois.com does not display email address of registrant even when it's not privacy protected. Am I missing something here ?

10. rohitgoyal

Nope you are absolutely correct on that.
    Out of every 100 email we collect from whois , mail are sent/delivered to only 50-60 only.
    So we collect lead for 300-400 end users so that mail would be sent to 200-250 of them.
    Alternatively we can collect email id by visiting every website which is very time consuming and not viable.

11. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician Gold Account VIP

12. Amzymayor

Thanks so much for your valuable information. I can't thank you more.

If you won't say I'm bothering you. Do your team manually collect the companies email from who's or how do you save time doing that?

13. Amzymayor

Lol. Can I have your email address so that I can show you some of my domain names?

14. rohitgoyal

Sorry bro I am not a expert in appraisal though u can always get in touch at [email protected]

15. rohitgoyal

I am not sure who is spamming you but be assured you have never received spam mails from my end and would never received the same...
    I am strictly against spamming and we avoid providing inconvenience to anyone ..

16. Amzymayor

Ok. Thank you so much

17. Amzymayor

This has not been answered

18. rohitgoyal

Well my team uses software as well do manually... We collect website list from semrush for first 100 result from Google for any keyword .. than further leads r collected from zfbot.com.. lastly we use Yelp , yellow pages for Geo domains... We collect bulk whois from a paid software whoxy.com

19. NamesNewbie

NamesNewbie Established Member

I found this post very useful, thanks! However, there are a couple things I'd like to ask (as a newbie domainer).

1 - By Geo domains, do you mean country-based domains such as .de, .fr and so on? But don't they have restrictions that only allow the residents of that particular country to register those domain extensions?

2 - How do you find the right prospects for your domains that you later contact using WHOIS info?

Thanks again!

20. rohitgoyal

I prefer only .com domain as they have global appeal and easier to sell..
    1. By Geo domains I mean city/country name + product/service.. example:- I recently sold podhotelnyc.com
    2. We collect leads of prospective buyer from zfbot.com , Google , Yelp , yellow pages etc.

21. NetworkPearl

NetworkPearl Top Member VIP

do you an email one by one to each party?

22. NamesNewbie

NamesNewbie Established Member

Interesting, thanks for the quick answers! I make a wild guess that you sold that domain to thepodhotel.com?

Also, would you mind sharing some criteria that you have for finding potential clients from those sites?

23. rohitgoyal

Yes we send personalised email to everyone manually...

24. rohitgoyal

Lol can't disclose the buyer though u can make guesses...
    There is one simple criteria... Domain should be useful to them in some way or other or else why would they buy it...

25. Amzymayor

That's true. I don't just know why I'm not getting replies. The only one I got became mute when I told him my price

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice