Dynadot

discuss Outbound Marketing: What's Your Best Approach?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Amzymayor

Established Member
Impact
I've read a lot about outbound domain marketing on and off Namepros. I've done for some of my domain names, followed up, and got very low replies.

So I have some questions I believe will help a newbie like me about Outbound Marketing.

Thank you as you help out.

1. What works best for you - a short or long sales pitch?
2. What's your average domain sales via outbound - 1 out of 10, 1 out of 20, 1 out of 50?
3. Do you follow u? How many times?
4. Who do you send your emails to?
5. Do you make use of your Gmail account or your customized domain name?

Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Zzz
@Federer has a system in place and he knows what he is doing.
The quality of the names is less important when you have frequency(daily outbound) and consistency...at the end of the week You can predict your sales and make a nice profit.
Not every name sells but if you market 5-8names/day per person times 7 days a week then you can get an idea of what's going on...thus creating a "system that works in your favor"

ApartmentRentalsNewYorkCity.com won't get any inbound inquiries anytime soon but it's a $9 liability that can turn into $500 quick profit with some outbound marketing :)

Interesting! Thanks for your contribution. I stumbled upon a vital contribution of your to another marketing thread where you talked about followup and other stuffs.

Please I have some questions for you as well:

1. How many mails do you send per domains?
2. Who do you target? CEO, Info@..., or CFO, etc
3. What's your rate of selling names too?

Thanks

•••
•••
•••
Zzz

Interesting! Thanks for your contribution. I stumbled upon a vital contribution of your to another marketing thread where you talked about followup and other stuffs.

Please I have some questions for you as well:

1. How many mails do you send per domains?
2. Who do you target? CEO, Info@..., or CFO, etc
3. What's your rate of selling names too?

Thanks

1. It depends on the domain. You want quality leads and quantity at the same time...I would rather dig deep and get 6-10 personal emails of CEO's, CTO's or CMO's then 50-100 random [email protected]. However you need a mix so there's no right or wrong way. Sometimes you can only get info@ emails and small businesses have just free gmail etc contact info.
You want to reach a decision maker from the start, most office managers or assistants will simply delete your email sent to [email protected]. That's why following up is important IMO.

2.Again it depends on the domain name. Obviously GEO names you will be dealing with small business owners so you target every business owner in the location that may benefit from owning your domain.
Non GEO names or exact match domains you want to target CTO's, CMO's, CFO's or anyone that could introduce you to a CMO, CTO, CFO, CEO...Media relation lady works wonders for me :)

3. For outbound? 1 out of 5 names will sell the 1ST contact. I followup and close more sales. I don't have the velocity of a team of 3-4 that just rely on email and market maybe 50-80domains/week.
So my approach is being persistent and closing more sales rather then SPEED. I only do outbound to keep the wheels turning while my main focus are my long term HIGH quality names.

•••
A
1. It depends on the domain. You want quality leads and quantity at the same time...I would rather dig deep and get 6-10 personal emails of CEO's, CTO's or CMO's then 50-100 random [email protected]. However you need a mix so there's no right or wrong way. Sometimes you can only get info@ emails and small businesses have just free gmail etc contact info.
You want to reach a decision maker from the start, most office managers or assistants will simply delete your email sent to [email protected]. That's why following up is important IMO.

2.Again it depends on the domain name. Obviously GEO names you will be dealing with small business owners so you target every business owner in the location that may benefit from owning your domain.
Non GEO names or exact match domains you want to target CTO's, CMO's, CFO's or anyone that could introduce you to a CMO, CTO, CFO, CEO...Media relation lady works wonders for me :)

3. For outbound? 1 out of 5 names will sell the 1ST contact. I followup and close more sales. I don't have the velocity of a team of 3-4 that just rely on email and market maybe 50-80domains/week.
So my approach is being persistent and closing more sales rather then SPEED. I only do outbound to keep the wheels turning while my main focus are my long term HIGH quality names.

Interesting and educating info. Thanks for this

•••
i have a team of 10 who does outbound for my domains. I will try to answer your queries..

1. A short pitch works best. If the end user would be interested and enquire about price than you can send a long reply with all the details.
2. 1 out of 10. Best response i have recieved from Geo domains and sometimes on keyword based domains.
3. yes i personally prefer to follow up only once for all the mails sent. I personally feel that following up more than once would be pure spamming. If a negotiation is going on than there can ofcourse of be multiple follow ups.
4. We can mail id via bulk whois. In case we have a premium domain whose target end user is a big corporate than we collect and send mail via hunter.io.
5. We use customized email id for all the mails.

•••
Hiya I have a portfolio of 200.coms. ..would you be interested in Outbound Marketing Sales for me?

Best Regards Michael.

•••
That's completely your as different stretegy work for different people...
I normally send price in second mail if the buyer enquire about the price.
Though you can send the price in first mail itself but in that chances of the mail reported as spam would be higher...
We send outbound mails to 200-300 enduser for each domains and hardly 5-10 people would be interested in the domain and enquire about price so no sense sending price to everyone who we mail..
Hiya I have a Domain Names Portfolio of 200.coms. ...would you be interested in Outbound Marketing Sales for me?

Best Regards Michael.

•••
Hiya I have a Domain Names Portfolio of 200.coms. ...would you be interested in Outbound Marketing Sales for me?

Best Regards Michael.
please come on pm and we can discuss on that.

•••
•••
maybe we have interacted before however i am not able to recollect it..

•••
If anyone needs advice on this topic, feel free to message me.

•••
Email marketing has worked great and I have had many sales with it, BUT the best sales I have had as far as dollar wise is when I get on the phone first with an end user.
What do you say on the phone?

•••
Back