NameSilo

Fabulous Parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
OFFICIAL FABULOUS.com Thread

I was wondering how long people have waited for decisions from Fabulous.com? I recently applied for the first time.

That aside, I'd like to hear some recent opinions on their service. All input is greatly appreciated. :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey xxfireflyxx, just replied to your PM.

•••
Thank you kind sir. Excellent service as always :)

•••
Mike Fabulous said:
We have noticed a drop in EPC network wide on domains monetized with us and have put it down to a number of factors, taken from our recent Quarterly Report.:

1. The weaker economic environment in the US
  2. Generally fewer advertisers (as observed by Dark Blue Sea) leading to a reduction in bid prices and coverage and hence overall yield received by Dark Blue Sea
  3. Changes to the way that online advertisers can place advertisements via the advertiser interfaces of the major search advertising networks; and
  4. An overall uncertain strategic landscape stemming from the unsuccessful takeover bid for Yahoo by Microsoft and the subsequent outsourcing of search advertising to Google by Yahoo.

There have been a number of forum and blog posts about this also, it seems that all of the Parking companies are experiencing the same thing. I would also recommend reading the following blog posts, from someone who seems to have inside knowledge at Google, which may also explain the decline in revenues we are all seeing:

Google Parking Changes Approaching
Domain Parking Changes Part2

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

Thanks for the report Mike, I guess it is one of those things. :)

•••
More bad news for parking. I am holding my own in Fabulous as I have some pretty good type in names. This news about Google creates a dark picture for most domainers.

Every cloud has its silver lining, and good news can be made (ie, Fabulous and other parking companies) we need a better mouse trap.

•••
Am I just having an extraordinarily slow day, or are stats delayed for Fabulous today? I'm showing no traffic whatsoever, and that never happens.

•••
Well, it's a holiday of course, but I have some domains at Fab relating to events that happen today in Detroit (like the Grand Prix and the annual jazz festival), and I've gotten plenty of traffic on them up through yesterday, so it just seems odd.

•••
There were no system issues over night. I am guessing the slow day is due to the Labor Day holiday, as traffic is weak across the whole network.

Let me know if there are any other questions.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
Hey Mike

is there a problem with the stat reporting? My numbers haven't moved in 12 hours

•••
xxfireflyxx said:
Hey Mike

is there a problem with the stat reporting? My numbers haven't moved in 12 hours

Hi xxfireflyxx,

Yes we are experiencing some problems with stats at the moment. I have just posted the following News Item in Fab accounts:

Fabulous.com - Stats delay

Thank you for your continued support of Fabulous.com

We are currently experiencing a delay in revenue statistics being reported into Fabulous accounts. Our Support and Technical staff are working to resolve these issues now.

Landing pages are displaying fine and statistics are being recorded. Please note, it may take some time for the statistics to propagate to your Fabulous account.

Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Feel free to contact your Account Representative or [email protected] with any questions or concerns you may have.

Kind regards,
The Fabulous.com Team

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
Is anybody else seeing fabulous figures plummeting beyond all expectations? My figures are still dropping off to less than 15% of average now...

•••
I'm doing OK at Fab. Been there for several months and the last 1-2 months have been decent

•••
Fab still works for a few of my local event domains, but yea, I'm pretty much done there. It's a Google feed, and it doesn't get any play in the search engines, unfortunately (not even Yahoo, where my other parked stuff actually does get traffic). It's too bad, because the landing pages are just beautiful.

•••
gingeman said:
Is anybody else seeing fabulous figures plummeting beyond all expectations? My figures are still dropping off to less than 15% of average now...
Hi gingeman,

Can you please drop me a PM with your username and I will have your Account Rep look at your account.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
gingeman said:

Mine have dropped drastically since July. I am currently at 30% of where I was in June.
Fabulous is still the best option although I am testing with others now.

WhyPark is starting to show some results, particularly on domains that previously had little traffic at Fab.

•••
Make that drop to 20% of average from this summer.

Did Fabulous lose their feed?

•••
Hammerhead said:
Did Fabulous lose their feed?

No, we have not lost our feed, we are still using the same Google feed we have had for a number of years now.

In regards to the decline in revenue, I made a post earlier in this thread that addressed this issue.

Hammerhead, if you would like, please PM me your username and I can have your account reviewed and see if we can ascertain the reason for the drop in rev.

Cheers,

Mike

•••
Mike,

I just want to thank you for your constant monitoring of this thread, and your consistant dedication to resolving members concerns.

Rep up'd

Peace,
Cy

•••
Hi Mike

Thanks for the followup

PM sent

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thats why I park with you guys!

•••
Yes,

great customer service.

•••
Hammerhead said:
Hi Mike

Thanks for the followup

PM sent

goodkarmaco said:
Yes,

great customer service.

yep. The economy is tanking, and google changed its algorithms. That is not the fault of Fabulous.

Besides... these folks are also the best registrar on earth (for com/net/org/info). Maybe they should expand the registrar role and open the gates to non-premium members to improve the revenue stream. (i.e., offer premium registration prices to non-premium members). Everybody suffers in a down economy... you just need to be prepared to adjust your business model.

blessings to you Mike Fabulous.

•••
npcomplete said:
yep. The economy is tanking, and google changed its algorithms. That is not the fault of Fabulous.

Besides... these folks are also the best registrar on earth (for com/net/org/info). Maybe they should expand the registrar role and open the gates to non-premium members to improve the revenue stream. (i.e., offer premium registration prices to non-premium members). Everybody suffers in a down economy... you just need to be prepared to adjust your business model.

not a bad idea actually, maybe let people that transfer X amount of domains over get the lower pricing even if they don't qualify for the monetization account as I consider fabulous the most secure registrar along with great pricing to boot and if there is a company I would like to see survive in a down economy it would be fabulous as their staff is one of the most honest I have dealt with, or they could just cut that massive salary Mike makes and then they could keep things the way they are. :hehe:

Last edited:
•••
Hammerhead said:
Hi Mike

Thanks for the followup

PM sent

Hi Hammerhead,

PM and email sent. Let me know if you have any other questions.

npcomplete said:

Very valid point npcomplete. This is definitely something we are considering doing; opening the cheap registrations up to a wider audience.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
Don't Forget the awesome landing pages. Match that up with the right domain and click thru improves.

•••
Any progress on auctioning off expired domains of members portfolios, I think many more people would transfer in domains if they also could profit in this way?

•••
Fabulous,

keep doing what you do best, monetizing domains. Don't dilute your brand and become a catch all average parking company. Stay strict and lean.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back