Watch

Tortuguita

Established Member
Impact
I think this is the correct place to put my doubt:

I received this Email, I just removed my real name:

================================================
Hello XXXXXXX,

Congratulations! Your domain 137334.com has been sold for $8.888 through a 'Buy Now' listing you created at Epik.com. Epik support staff will contact you shortly to confirm the sale and help with the transfer.

If you're familiar with the transfer process, you can commence a transfer to your own Epik account now. Normally this means visiting the current registrar to unlock the domain and obtain the authorization code. Next purchase a transfer for 137334.com at Epik.com. (Note that this process differs for some domain endings (TLDs).)

Once the domain arrives in your own Epik account, it can then be moved to the Epik account belonging to the buyer. Transferring to your own account first is more secure, since doing so allows you to (A) keep the domain's authorization code private and (B) verify delivery of the domain. Funds will be deposited in your MasterBucks account once 137334.com has been moved to the buyer's Epik account.

If 137334.com no longer belongs to you or if it is not eligible for transfer, please let Epik support staff know as soon as possible. To ensure a positive experience for buyers, Epik strives to complete domain transfers within 7 days of payment.

Sincerely,
Epik Team
Epik.com
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 425-366-8810

===========================================

I contacted their support and now they are saying that the price is $8.89 USD

============================================

DearXXXXXXXXX,

Congratulations on your recent sales:

Domain Price Reason
137334.com $8.89 Transfer Not Created

Please log into your account where the domains resides and make sure it is unlocked - obtain the auth/epp code - and start the transfer within your Epik account immediately.

Domains delivery status: https://registrar.epik.com/domains-delivery

Once the domains arrives we can complete this transaction quickly. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Epik.com
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 425-366-8810

============================================================

Not sure what is happen because first they said the price was 8K and then fall to 8 USD? This is very wrong. Anybody else can see whats wrong here? Or I am wrong?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
$8.888 is rounded off to 8.89. May be you were over excited to see the decimals.

•••
$8.888 is rounded off to 8.89. May be you were over excited to see the decimals.
I would never put the price for the same price I bough, I put $8.888 and not $8.89. I have a listing with big prices in many others markets too because I rather let it expire then sell for a small price.

Also my BIN price is $920.

https://marketplace.epik.com/137334.com

Last edited:
•••
•••
$8.888 stands for $8 & 90 cents in english numerals (formatting). AFAIK, in spanish, you format numbers in that way, $8.000 for $8,000 but almost every marketplace follows english numerals.

Last edited:
•••
I would never put the price for the same price I bough, I put $8.888 and not $8.89. I have a listing with big prices in many others markets too because I rather let it expire then sell for a small price.

https://marketplace.epik.com/137334.com

Do you realise the difference between a '.' and a ','?

Even in your post here you use a '.', which signifies everything to the left as dollars and everything to the right is cents.

If you had used a comma ',' it would have signified that the numbers to both the left and right of it were dollars.

I think you may have made a simple typo mistake by the looks of it.

•••
Do you realise the difference between a '.' and a ','?

Even in your post here you use a '.', which signifies everything to the left as dollars and everything to the right is cents.

If you had used a comma ',' it would have signified that the numbers to both the left and right of it were dollars.

You right about this but some places on the internet only allow us to us "." or ",", they don't allow to use one or other.

One example, preev.com, in the past if instead "," you put "." then the site would not works. Now if you change the "," to "." and then back to "," you bug the site.

----

Edit: 09/06/2020

Regarding the "." and the ",", let me show some example:

(Many are in portuguese but the most important is not the language)

1) Buying bitcoin in a exchange:
VlXmoQz.png

2) Total in my bank account:

2pmi4vl.png

3) Value for donation in a big online bank:

hCyv1B9.png

4) Transfer for a bitcoin exchange receipt:

zmT24g2.png

5) Price in sedo:

InuumuJ.png

6) Editing price on the Epik, as you can see I can put 8.000:

wBxwKkN.png

Last edited:
•••

I don't think so:

He probably got excited because the email stated 8.888. in a lot of countries that would equal to just under 9K. OP is using dots instead of commas himself so it probably is the 3rd decimal that threw him off.

While we're at it, am I reading it right that if you sell your domain at Epik you have to transfer in the domain yourself by hand and they'll push it afterwards?

•••
•••
I received this Email, I just removed my real name:

Hi

yeah, you may have removed your real name
but you the left name.... of your real domain

imo….

•••
What is the issue here ? Did you use the NameLiquidate platform?

If you did then you will receive the start of the transfer the minute a name is sold there.

I see you are using the dots so the price seems to be right. @Rob Monster will probably shed more light on this

•••
Hi there,
I can see that you reached to our online chat support, twice today.
During the first time, we've confirmed that the price is 8 dollars & 89 cents.
You came back to chat later saying that you have a BIN price on this one for $920. The system logged your chat as submitted it as a ticket. Our technical team will take a look at it very soon.
The word "scamming" in the title is a little bit harsh, as you can see that "." was misinterpreted to "," by you, and we were not trying to mislead you in any way.
Our tech team will take a deeper look, and we will be able to provide you with a complete response to your ticket soon.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Stay safe!

•••
Hi there,
I can see that you reached to our online chat support, twice today.
During the first time, we've confirmed that the price is 8 dollars & 89 cents.
You came back to chat later saying that you have a BIN price on this one for $920. The system logged your chat as submitted it as a ticket. Our technical team will take a look at it very soon.
The word "scamming" in the title is a little bit harsh, as you can see that "." was misinterpreted to "," by you, and we were not trying to mislead you in any way.
Our tech team will take a deeper look, and we will be able to provide you with a complete response to your ticket soon.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Stay safe!

I agree regarding the title, this is why I changed It now, Sorry for this.

Last edited:
•••
Added some screenshot to show my point.

•••
6) Editing price on the Epik, as you can see I can put 8.000:

wBxwKkN.png
Yet when you start the placeholder shows only two zeros right of the dot, which should kinda give some idea...

Although Epik could add a line displaying the number in text (words) as well to make sure this has less chances to happen again.

•••
1) Yet when you start the placeholder shows only two zeros right of the dot, which should kinda give some idea...

2) Although Epik could add a line displaying the number in text (words) as well to make sure this has less chances to happen again.

1 - It's a company problem, they must think about this before launch the product.

2 - Agree with you.

•••
Hi we have seen this comma vs dot issue before - it is easily solved if the input interface does not allow either, just takes digits.

I believe Epik's ToS let them reverse a transaction that took place in error, I know I have seen them reverse a transaction on here under circumstances like this where the domain sold in an unintended way, so good luck with it.

•••
Thread started on Monday, it's almost Friday and not answer from Epik support. They are waiting the domain transfer time runs out?

Last edited:
•••
•••
@Sufyan Alani

Please remove all those cents from marketplace listings and from landers (when switching currency to another one, round the converted sum like Sedo does).
Already asked a few times - no any moves in this direction.

Last edited:
•••
Can anybody resolve my problem? I was trying to be polite but know I know, I was scammed by Epik domains.

@Jess Robison @Epik.com can you both fix this? The problem was in your site. Nobody in support fix it, they just scalate, no answer, nothing and come on, how long I will have to wait? I want my money for what I sold my domain in your platform.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Epik is an American company and their site's locale is en_US. In the US, decimal separator (radix) is ","

I'm sorry this happened to you but I don't see how Epik is in the fault here. I guess they could make it so the numbers round up to a single decimal.

•••
I have habit to not put any separator to prevent similar problem.

Instead of 8,888 just make it 8888

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back