Watch

Tortuguita

Established Member
Impact
I think this is the correct place to put my doubt:

I received this Email, I just removed my real name:

================================================
Hello XXXXXXX,

Congratulations! Your domain 137334.com has been sold for $8.888 through a 'Buy Now' listing you created at Epik.com. Epik support staff will contact you shortly to confirm the sale and help with the transfer.

If you're familiar with the transfer process, you can commence a transfer to your own Epik account now. Normally this means visiting the current registrar to unlock the domain and obtain the authorization code. Next purchase a transfer for 137334.com at Epik.com. (Note that this process differs for some domain endings (TLDs).)

Once the domain arrives in your own Epik account, it can then be moved to the Epik account belonging to the buyer. Transferring to your own account first is more secure, since doing so allows you to (A) keep the domain's authorization code private and (B) verify delivery of the domain. Funds will be deposited in your MasterBucks account once 137334.com has been moved to the buyer's Epik account.

If 137334.com no longer belongs to you or if it is not eligible for transfer, please let Epik support staff know as soon as possible. To ensure a positive experience for buyers, Epik strives to complete domain transfers within 7 days of payment.

Sincerely,
Epik Team
Epik.com
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 425-366-8810

===========================================

I contacted their support and now they are saying that the price is $8.89 USD

============================================

DearXXXXXXXXX,

Congratulations on your recent sales:

Domain Price Reason
137334.com $8.89 Transfer Not Created

Please log into your account where the domains resides and make sure it is unlocked - obtain the auth/epp code - and start the transfer within your Epik account immediately.

Domains delivery status: https://registrar.epik.com/domains-delivery

Once the domains arrives we can complete this transaction quickly. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Epik.com
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 425-366-8810

============================================================

Not sure what is happen because first they said the price was 8K and then fall to 8 USD? This is very wrong. Anybody else can see whats wrong here? Or I am wrong?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think the thread title is defamatory and should be changed. Nobody got "scammed". There was a misunderstanding/mistake made. Let it be an education to other users.

Edit - Original thread has been closed.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, in U.S. this means 8 dollars. No doubts.

Congratulations! Your domain 137334.com has been sold for $8.888

I am just wondering what did marketplace programmers think about? They 1) accepted and 2) allegedly processed financially impossible amount. The buyer could be charged 8 dollars + 88 cents, or 8 dollars + 89 cents only. What is 88,8 cents then... ? How could such a thing be saved in their database in the first place?

•••
The user made a clerical error and acknowledged his error. He reported it on June 8. It was solved on June 8 for his case. His external sale of his March 2020 registration was canceled per his request.

On June 10, we updated the validation mask for bulk entry of prices. That feature now has real-time validation which you can see demonstrated here:

https://www.loom.com/share/2a27245fb3834d2bafe7415ab3c3c090

I have no idea what would prompt the OP to recycle this (fake) news. The moderators should audit the user's intent here for reheating an issue that was fully solved and then some.

Last edited:
•••
Does OP still own the domain?

•••
Does OP still own the domain?

Yes. And not on Epik. He was granted the privilege of listing and/or parking externally registered domain. That privilege can be withdrawn at our discretion. He has now lost those privileges pending ID verification.

Last edited:
•••
Lol how do you “scam” someone of $8,

This title is a joke,

Last edited:
•••
Well if price was not correct and transaction did not complete then all is well, OP still has domain.

A while ago GD sent me an unexpected email, several times over, saying they had refunded about $900 to my account. Seemed like a phishing email, did not click on the link.

Next day got an equal number of emails from GD saying sorry for the error, we got the decimal wrong, it was $9. So logged into account and yes had got a few $ back, nice to have, and no I did not think they owed me thousands, mistakes happen and get rectified.

•••
•••
Hi there,
I can see that you reached to our online chat support, twice today.
During the first time, we've confirmed that the price is 8 dollars & 89 cents.
You came back to chat later saying that you have a BIN price on this one for $920. The system logged your chat as submitted it as a ticket. Our technical team will take a look at it very soon.
The word "scamming" in the title is a little bit harsh, as you can see that "." was misinterpreted to "," by you, and we were not trying to mislead you in any way.
Our tech team will take a deeper look, and we will be able to provide you with a complete response to your ticket soon.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Stay safe!

Can you explain why do you have to show the quote to the thousands of a dollar and then round it up to the hundredth? It shouldn't even be possible to make an offer with the thousandth of a dollar in it.

If you had shown the price at $8.89, there would have been no confusion. This does look like a bait to me with this format. And, also, you could just add the writing in word as well like (eight dollars and eighty nine cents), if you really wanted to avoid situations like this.

•••
Can you explain why do you have to show the quote to the thousands of a dollar and then round it up to the hundredth? It shouldn't even be possible to make an offer with the thousandth of a dollar in it.

If you had shown the price at $8.89, there would have been no confusion. This does look like a bait to me with this format. And, also, you could just add the writing in word as well like (eight dollars and eighty nine cents), if you really wanted to avoid situations like this.

This guy Will not reply because he is a scammer. First send an Email saying 8k and then say 8usd? Mr Boss of the site, It was never resolver.

•••
The user made a clerical error and acknowledged his error. He reported it on June 8. It was solved on June 8 for his case. His external sale of his March 2020 registration was canceled per his request.

On June 10, we updated the validation mask for bulk entry of prices. That feature now has real-time validation which you can see demonstrated here:

I have no idea what would prompt the OP to recycle this (fake) news. The moderators should audit the user's intent here for reheating an issue that was fully solved and then some.

Lol,you send an Email saying we sold for 8k then changed It, real scammer. Aldo, look my BIN, 920 USD, NEVER 8USD.

•••

Fully solved? Your support never resolver anything, always told me they was scallating.

Marlene Eastmond (Epik) <[email protected]>

[Epik] Re: Re: Reminder to start transfer for your recent sales
qui., 18 de jun. • 14:05

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (92853) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Marlene Eastmond (Epik)

Jun 18, 2020, 10:05 AM PDT

Hello xxxxxx

Thank you for your patience!
I have no further updates for you at this time,.
I will certainly contact you when I do.
Best Regards,
Marlene E.
Escrow Manager, Americas
Epik LLC
1100 Bellevue Way NE
Ste 8A-601
Bellevue WA 98004 Email: [email protected]
Tel: +1.425-366-8810
Check out our social media channels!
www.facebook.com/epikdotcom
www.twitter.com/epikdotcom
Full-Service Registrar and Host
Flexible Domain Marketplace
Legendary Support

•••
World is not USA, this shitthole is Just a piece If the world.

Dude if you don't know how to do business in certain locales, then don't do it. You didn't lose your domain. What are you still being so unprofessional about?

•••
If your bin was 920, why would someone pay 8K?

How did they scam you? How do they benefit?
You still own the domain.

Last edited:
•••
i have no opinion on who is at fault here nor do i care
rob canceled the transaction and kept the domain in your account
so what is the issue here ?

•••
Can anybody resolve my problem? I was trying to be polite but know I know, I was scammed by Epik domains.

@Jess Robison @Epik.com can you both fix this? The problem was in your site. Nobody in support fix it, they just scalate, no answer, nothing and come on, how long I will have to wait? I want my money for what I sold my domain in your platform.
@Tortuguita - I was out of the office all last week so I do apologize I did not see your direct note to me. I am just now checking in and will be working on catching up.
I see @Sufyan Alani from our team replied to your matter here on June 8, 2020.
If there is an open ticket regarding this matter, please email me directly, jessica [at] epik.com so I can review further and get you an update on the issue. Thanks.

•••
I have habit to not put any separator to prevent similar problem.

Instead of 8,888 just make it 8888

I agree with you completely!

•••
Lol,you send an Email saying we sold for 8k then changed It, real scammer. Aldo, look my BIN, 920 USD, NEVER 8USD.

One thing I noticed when I joined Namepros about 7 months ago is the pervasive friendliness that characterized every conversation.

This is the first ugliness I have found on Namepros.

Tortuguita, I know you are hurting; but I believe you can still make your point without name calling.

Let us create the necessary environment where we can discuss issues of domain investment freely without acrimony and insults.

Thank you.

•••
Can please @Epik.com stop to flood me with these email asking me to transfer my domain for 8 USD? I have no interest.

•••
i have no opinion on who is at fault here nor do i care
rob canceled the transaction and kept the domain in your account
so what is the issue here ?

I would let this thread die but lets go.

What if I sent the domain to "Mr Rob the powerfull domain guy" and then he just pay 8 USD for me instead of 8k? How many times he did it and nobody complained? That is the problem. And worst, I still receiving Email from this mafia asking me to transfer the domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back