NameSilo

Emails from domainers selling crap names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

biggie

GreenFriendly.comTop Member
Impact
i thought it would be real nice to share some of the emails i receive from fellow domainers trying to sell their crappy names.

hopefully, some of you will read these and stop sending or see the mistakes they make so you won't make them too.

here is one from Andrew Brad, and if he is a member here...he's a clown! why? because he included every other email address he sent this mail to. thus one could harvest his list and spam them too.

To whom it may concern,

The premium generic aged domain FREDLOYAINSURANCE.NET is up for sale and I am emailing several parties that have registered similar domains OR use "[fredloya], [fredloya insurance], [loya insurance], [fred loya claims], [fredloya locations] etc." as keywords in their advertising campaigns.This is a 6-year old domain, with no drops since it was registered in 2006.

According to the Google Traffic Estimator the keywords ‘Fredloya Insurance’ receive over 40,500 searches every month, thus making this a high SEO premium domain worth thousands of dollars.

Right now, the asking price for FredLoyaInsurance.net is just $250, and is available on a first-come-first-served basis. Yes, you read it right, $250 ONLY.

This is a great opportunity to acquire a great domain at a throw-away price. If you have any questions don't hesitate to send me an email or call me directly at +91. 939-2774-412.

All transactions will held either via Paypal or via the secure services of Escrow.com.

Best regards,

Andrew Brad

Domain Broker, FredloyaInsurance.net

+91. 939-2774-412

if any of you receive such emails, feel free to post them so we can expose the spammers.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here's another one; you know, like you're passing by a dark alley and some dirty greasy guy steps out and says 'Pssst' and opens up his trenchcoat a little and pulls out a domain name half hidden in shadow and says 'Hey ya wanna buy a domain - cheap cheap, buddy, don't tell anyone, give ya a deal just 'cause it's you, buddy'.

Dear (Bannen's megalicious real world name),

This is the time to make aproposition on t-r--a-v-e-l.com before it is offered to the general public.
This striking dot.com is actually in redemption period. A true genius actually registered travel with hyphens between all letters and then TWO hyphens, randomly I guess, between only the R and A. Sweeet name.

We want to ensure your business does not lose any clients or sales by not having this Domain Name.
We want to ensure = they must come straight from Mother Teresa, they are so kind to be selflessly thinking of my welfare.
Lose any clients or sales = if I owned this domain and used it for a website, I would lose ALL my clients and sales, and deservedly so for sheer stupidity.

Most companies own all domains, whether it is .com, .net, .org etc., to prevent any lost customers to their website to promote their products and services. We look forward to getting you your Domain Name shortly.

With time ticking every minute, be the first to take advantage to secure: btsdi dawt com/15641485putile-LGe[url removed]
btsdi dawt com = This domain is owned by William Leone in Phoenix, AZ.

The opportunity is now open to capture your market, with the proper placement available that benefits your products or services.
Excuse me; huh? What the damn hell does this mean, in any kind of language let alone English?

The benefits you will receive by owning this domain:

Organic Placement within search engines.
Generate more clients by more control over market.
Makes your prospective clients feel more secure.
Offering more resources and information to your Target Market.
Yes, owning t-r--a-v-e-l dawt com will generate more clients, more market control, make my clients feel more secure, offer more resources and information to my target market!!! I see the light now! Head musta been stuck 2 feet up my arse all these years!? HalleFrigginLujah!

Sincerely,

Lord of The Names
435 Clark Rd #355
Jacksonville, FL 32218
Names/info/email different but this seems to be the same person/people as in the post about bu-sines-s dawt com above. Things changed but same basic template, including ending with an inspirational quote (see below).
Got to give him credit for humility: Lord Of The Names.

If you are not of interest please opt out here: btsdi dawt com/u/15641485putile-LGe[url removed]
Obviously English is not the first language of this person, saying I'm 'not of interest'.

'Laughter is the hand of God on the shoulder of a troubled world. ' - Grady Nutt
Delete ReplyReply ForwardSpamMovePrint Actions NextPrevious
Okay, enough fun for the morning. Must go upload funds to Paypal to pay for t-r--a-v-e-l dot com.

Last edited:
•••
Funny thing with all these emails is they always put the same bullet style "benefits" of their crappy ass names:

"The benefits you will receive by owning this domain:

Organic Placement within search engines.
Generate more clients by more control over market.
Makes your prospective clients feel more secure.
Offering more resources and information to your Target Market"

I've been getting loads of these crap emails stating this is an "seo name", wtf does that mean? Funny thing is the domain being pitched has 2 hyphens in a row, ex: custom--jewelry.com. LOL

•••
Not 1:

Domain Name Availability Notice for privateinsurancequote.com

Greetings domain owner,

You are probably not aware that privateinsurancequote.com is becoming available in just a few days.

You can take action now, send us an email back with your bid and thus secure privateinsurancequote.com for your portfolio before it is offered to the general public.

Sincerely
Malcolm Reed

Not 2!

Dear domain owner,

We would like to make you aware that privateinsurancequote.com is becoming available in just a few days.

You can take action now, send us an email back with your offer and thus secure privateinsurancequote.com for your needs before it is offered to the general public.

Sincerely
Simon Garfeld

Not 3!

Hello domain owner,

You are probably not aware that privateinsurancequote.com is becoming available in just a few days.

You can take action now, just reply to us with your bid and this way secure privateinsurancequote.com for your portfolio before it is offered to the general public.

Thank you for your time
Jacob Thorne

Not 4!

Dear domain owner,

You can take action now, just reply to us with your bid and thus secure privateinsurancequote.com for your needs before it is offered to the general public.

With regards
Maya Cameron

But 5!

Hello domain owner,

We are not sure whether are you aware that privateinsurancequote.com is becoming available in just a few days.

You can take action now, answer to us with your bid and this way secure privateinsurancequote.com for your portfolio before it is offered to the general public.

Thank you for your time
Zoe Utrecht

Not going to waste my time copying headers right now, but if you want them, let me know & I'll put 'em up.

These were all sent/received 1 day apart, starting 7/30/12, most recent was tonight, so most likely all from same organization or person. The IPs sent from were 212.227.218.33 (3 emails), 212.227.218.34 (1 email), 89.111.3.83 (1 email).

All the sites on 212.227.218.33 appear to belong to Christian Mueller [email protected]

For a lot of the others, I wonder how spammers customers would feel about their hosting provider being a spammer? For example: http://www.my-ip-neighbors.com/?domain=212.227.218.33

:bah:

Last edited:
•••
That 212 ip belongs to 1&1. The Internet hellhole.

•••
I'm now in the habit of forwarding all of these e-mails to the feds at [email protected], maybe eventually they'll send some black helicopters.

•••
•••
Be careful, if you send enough, they may come for you as well ;) :snaphappy:

If they hurry up they can have some of my 20lb smoked brisket B-)

•••
Yes, owning t-r--a-v-e-l dawt com will generate more clients, more market control, make my clients feel more secure, offer more resources and information to my target market!!!
thats a funny one!:lol:

•••

Just received the following from yet another idiot domainer. Obviously these kids are too afraid to include any information,
let alone their real information, which indicates how lazy and completely full of crap they really are. Silly little spammer kids.

Received: (qmail 9129 invoked by uid 30297); 11 Aug 2012 17:49:31 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO m1pismtp01-018.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net) ([10.8.12.18])
(envelope-sender <[email protected]>)
by p3plsmtp01-03.prod.phx3.secureserver.net (qmail-1.03) with SMTP
for <removed.com>; 11 Aug 2012 17:49:31 -0000
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Result: AtcHAKSaJlAyYSjCbWdsb2JhbABEglqmJgGQGV8iDQwICRQnghdNWgECLj5ah3eXMqEWjieCPGADiE6MfAGFUI09
Received: from kakaku.info ([50.97.40.194])
by m1pismtp01-018.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net with ESMTP; 11 Aug 2012 10:49:31 -0700
Received: by kakaku.info (Postfix, from userid 48)
id 555E29202D; Sat, 11 Aug 2012 12:51:12 -0500 (CDT)
To: removed.com
Subject: on-line-education.org...
X-PHP-Originating-Script: 0:email.php
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 12:51:12 -0500 (CDT)
X-Nonspam: None

From Subject (Thread Messages) Date Size

We are connecting with hundreds of targeted companies today regarding this domain.

Right now advertisers are paying $10.73 per click for these exact keywords.

The price is just $200 if you'd like to acquire it from us, and it will go to the first who replies with "SOLD".

This domain will compliment your current business model, for we see that you currently own on-line-education.com.

Thanks for your time,
Domain Admin

•••
^ looks like this is the first domainer in the wild to use an outlook.com email add.

•••
It would be fun to answer one of these offerring 100k, transaction to be completed in person, come alone at 1am, far end of the pier

•••
It would be fun to answer one of these offerring 100k, transaction to be completed in person, come alone at 1am, far end of the pier

Na, na, na, na; that is na civil! :blink: :blink: ... but can you arrange for that Alex guy to meet up with you ...... like tonight? He never stops emailing :yell: :yell: ... It's like 'whack-a-mole' blocking his emails and domains!

Can you believe it? I just got another email from him RIGHT NOW, trying to flog the same domain he has been emailing me about for the last one year! I'd love to get my hands on him!

Last edited:
•••
•••
Can't believe I still had this in my email. I'm not really sure about the quality, as I have not actually been doing this for very long. Well, I have, but time is so very limited that I really never get to learn all that much. Anyway, [email protected], why would I want an unsolicited hyphenated, scrambled alternate of a name I already own? I really don't.

On Jul 30, 2012, at 11:48 PM, [email protected] wrote:

The domain name road-games.com is being released back to the market, we are contacting you because you have a variation of this domain name and may have an interest in securing road-games.com for yourself.

http://smilename.net/info/120731-83JeZ5MFLF-053901

The domain is being offered to any interested parties and we are currently accepting offers on it starting from $69. The highest bidder will get to secure this domain for himself but if you want to buy the domain right away, without taking part in the auction, you can call our support hotline and ask for the "Buy Out Price" for this domain name, when this price is met all further bidding on the domain will be closed and the domain is yours.

There are two ways of making an offer:
- 1) Simply fill out this short form, and our system will automatically register your offer: http://smilename.net/info/120731-83JeZ5MFLF-053901
- 2) Reply to this e-mail and simply leave an offer.

If you have any questions please give our domain support hotline a call, we would be happy to hear from you!

Kind regards,
Domains Team

Here is the opt-out link, you will never hear from us again:
http://smilename.net/optout/83JeZ5MFLF

•••
I got this one for mailware.biz:

X-Apparently-To: MY EMAIL via 98.138.213.187; Wed, 15 Aug 2012 09:48:24 -0700
Return-Path: <>
X-YahooFilteredBulk: 178.254.62.72
Received-SPF: none (domain of does not designate X-Originating-IP: [178.254.62.72]
Authentication-Results: mta1096.mail.gq1.yahoo.com from=; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=; dkim=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO s02.speicheranbieter.de) (178.254.62.72) by mta1096.mail.gq1.yahoo.com with SMTP; Wed, 15 Aug 2012 09:48:23 -0700
Received: from p4FCEFA95.dip.t-dialin.net (p4FCEFA95.dip.t-dialin.net [79.206.250.149]) (Authenticated sender: ) by s02.speicheranbieter.de (Postfix) with ESMTPA id 7E7C4AE782BE for <MY EMAIL>; Wed, 15 Aug 2012 18:48:26 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Malware.biz
To: "MY EMAIL" <MY EMAIL>
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="pCVnlwbrvu1UeceY2xoGQ40qh=_tLtnWHq"
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 18:48:32 +0200
Content-Length: 1174
Compact Headers

Dear malwareshield.com,
My name is "" owner of the domain Malware.biz . I am offering this domain for sale. It is a generic and easy to remember web addresss. If you are interested in this domain or have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Best Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Wow, he was very informative. I'd give him a $10,000 offer now before the market grows!

lol Or laugh at him & move on. I'd do the latter.

Dear malwareshield.com,
My name is "" owner of the domain Malware.biz . I am offering this domain for sale. It is a generic and easy to remember web addresss. If you are interested in this domain or have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Best Regards,

•••
why are you guys so lucky to receive such emails lol ive owned less than 25 names this year but havent got really any junk mail

•••
It's because we own many domains, hundreds or thousands.
The spammers send to holders of (remotely) similar domains.
That means more spam flowing our way.

•••
I got this one for mailware.biz:
Subject: Malware.biz
To: "MY EMAIL" <MY EMAIL>
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="pCVnlwbrvu1UeceY2xoGQ40qh=_tLtnWHq"
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 18:48:32 +0200
Content-Length: 1174
Compact Headers

Dear malwareshield.com,
Best Regards,

Actually, I do not see what was wrong with that email... except for the fact that it was sent to a domainer - but, honestly, domainers should be prepared for that.

In fact, this email reminds me of some of Federer's email templates, and nobody is accusing him of spamming.

I have seen a lot of spam and dodgy emails displayed in this thread which really belong here, but I have also seen some that I do not think fit the bill. And I do not think this particular person deserves having his IP address and phone number displayed in this thread. You are violating his privacy by doing so, and if you think that is what domainers deserve, then maybe it is time to switch occupation?

Mods, I am slightly concerned about the level of privacy violations in this thread. I don't mind so much where (real) scammers and spammers are concerned, but way too much information is given out about "normal" people here.

•••
I don't think what you are concerned about is "privacy", but having the name and ip address displayed in such a thread as "domainers selling crap names".

If you are a salesman who is approaching total strangers to sell your warez, you are practically giving away whatever identifiable info about you out in the open.

If you are highly protective about your privacy, you probably shouldn't be a salesman, or you should avoid contacting strangers. Let the strangers come to you, not the other way around.

About being branded as selling "crap names". Well, it's no different with Hollywood producers selling the crap movie "John Carter". Every person involved with that movie, is public knowledge. You sell crap to people, people will identify you. It's the nature of doing business with the public.

•••
Actually, I do not see what was wrong with that email... except for the fact that it was sent to a domainer - but, honestly, domainers should be prepared for that.
malwareshield.com is parked for sale, so clearly the owner is a domainer and not interested in acquiring 'inferior' variations of the domain name. I say inferior because while being shorter and generic it's a .biz.

It's not like the domain is developed and used by an end user who might consider an 'upgrade'.

You are struggling to sell domains, and people spam you with their own domains for sale.
Waste of time.

The spammer should have checked the domain, just seeing the Sedo name servers in whois indicates the name is parked.
But he didn't because he is a spammer...

•••

In fact, this email reminds me of some of Federer's email templates, and nobody is accusing him of spamming.

I have seen a lot of spam and dodgy emails displayed in this thread which really belong here, but I have also seen some that I do not think fit the bill. And I do not think this particular person deserves having his IP address and phone number displayed in this thread. You are violating his privacy by doing so, and if you think that is what domainers deserve, then maybe it is time to switch occupation?

Mods, I am slightly concerned about the level of privacy violations in this thread. I don't mind so much where (real) scammers and spammers are concerned, but way too much information is given out about "normal" people here.

:lol::lol::lol: Hilarious comments!

Spammers are doing whois lookup for e-mail addresses to spam people with, doing so in violation of the can spam act and the whois database lookup policies, and flooding my inbox every day with their unsolicited commercial offers to buy their crap, and you are worried about their privacy?

•••
Spammers are doing whois lookup for e-mail addresses to spam people with, doing so in violation of the can spam act and the whois database lookup policies, and flooding my inbox every day with their unsolicited commercial offers to buy their crap, and you are worried about their privacy?

I think I tried to make the point that not all the emails in this thread may be classified as spam...

If you look at the email from this Goodman person, there is nothing "spammy" about his wording. The fact that the email was not invited is not sufficient to call it spam.

I was not aware that using email addresses from whois lookup was in violation of the CAN Spam Act (only that automated mass harvesting is not allowed). What section was that?

Sdsinc,

Yes, I agree that he should have checked the whois database to see if it was another domainer. I know I do. But I have sometimes sent a solicitation email to someone I understood was a domainer because I believed that person would be interested in my domain and have even received a positive response. (Although I did address the fact that I understood she was a domainer in the initial solicitation.) And sometimes people make mistakes when sending out emails, or forget to check for whatever reason. It is a rather harsh reaction to display their personal information on a large web forum. Maybe Goodman is a spammer, who knows? But I am not able to draw that conclusion from that email.

Another important point I was trying to make was that domainers really should be prepared for this. In fact, most of them have probably at some stage sent a sales email to another domainer themselves, knowingly or not. And owning a lot of domains, yes, unfortunately, you will receive a lot of solicitations. I own less than 100 and I already receive solicitations about sales, purchases, parking, more sales, etc. I delete them and move on.

The legal starting point is that it is permitted to send out commercial emails. Having said that, not all email solicitations are acceptable. There is a legal definition of spam: Commercial emails that do not comply with the Federal CAN-Spam Act are considered spam. These are the compliance requirements of the CAN-Spam Act:

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus61-can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business/

There has been a lot of genuine spam entered in this thread, and even some outright scams, no doubt. But in a thread where actual private information is displayed without that person's permission it is even more important to separate between spammers and legal solicitation emails.

alien51, you said: "I don't think what you are concerned about is "privacy", but having the name and ip address displayed in such a thread as "domainers selling crap names"."

In legal terms displaying someone's personal information is referred to as violation of privacy and there are privacy acts in place to protect it. Moreover, most webhosts have terms and conditions preventing the display of a person's personal information. Here from Bluehost's terms, section 10.05:

"Private Information and Images.
Subscribers may not post or disclose any personal or private information about or images of children or any third party without the consent of said party (or a parent's consent in the case of a minor)."

I don't know what webhost Namepros use, but it would not surprise me if they had similar terms.

It is not a valid argument that a person has disclaimed his privacy rights because he has sent out an unsolicited email. He did not choose to have his name, IP address and phone number displayed and searchable on a forum, for family friends and future employers to see. Displaying personal information about people without their permission is neither legal nor ethical and I think it is worth a debate or at least some comment.

Also, the fact that another person has behaved illegally or unethically does not vitiate our obligation to comply with the law.

Last edited:
•••
I was not aware that using email addresses from whois lookup was in violation of the CAN Spam Act. What section is that?

can spam act deals with the sending of unsolicited commercial email, which is what these emails are. http://www.fcc.gov/guides/spam-unwanted-text-messages-and-email

Here are the terms provided when you run a whois:

TERMS OF USE: You are not authorized to access or query our Whois database through the use of electronic processes that are high-volume and automated except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or modify existing registrations; the Data in VeriSign Global Registry Services' ("VeriSign") Whois database is provided by VeriSign for information purposes only, and to assist persons in obtaining information about or related to a domain name registration record. VeriSign does not guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a Whois query, you agree to abide by the following terms of use: You agree that you may use this Data only for lawful purposes and that under no circumstances will you use this Data to: (1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail, telephone, or facsimile; or (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that apply to VeriSign (or its computer systems). The compilation, repackaging, dissemination or other use of this Data is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of VeriSign. You agree not to use electronic processes that are automated and high-volume to access or query the Whois database except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or modify existing registrations. VeriSign reserves the right to restrict your access to the Whois database in its sole discretion to ensure operational stability. VeriSign may restrict or terminate your access to the Whois database for failure to abide by these terms of use. VeriSign reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.​

Other registries have similar terms.

Bottom line: You are in violation of the can spam act as well as the whois terms of use if you look up a whois email and send unsolicited commercial offers.

•••
I think I tried to make the point that not all the emails in this thread may be classified as spam...
Which ones ? :)

If you look at the email from this Goodman person, there is nothing "spammy" about his wording. The fact that the email was not invited is not sufficient to call it spam.

Maybe Goodman is a spammer, who knows? But I am not able to draw that conclusion from that email.
If the E-mail really had an opening line like:

"Dear malwareshield.com,"

1. it's a telltale sign the info was grabbed from whois and not reviewed by a human or personalized in any way => SPAM
  2. the same piece of spam was sent to multiple recipients, not just one - so it's loosely targeted at best => SPAM
  3. the spammer failed to check the recipient, and the spam was sent to somebody who is quite unlikely to buy, because he's not identified as a possible end user to begin with, it's extremely unlikely the spam could be welcome but I understand your personal tolerance level is higher => SPAM

It is not a valid argument that a person has disclaimed his privacy rights because he has sent out an unsolicited email. He did not choose to have his name, IP address and phone number displayed and searchable on a forum, for family friends and future employers to see. Displaying personal information about people without their permission is neither legal nor ethical and I think it is worth a debate or at least some comment.

Also, the fact that another person has behaved illegally or unethically does not vitiate our obligation to comply with the law.
You know what, you are a good person :)
You have more ethics than the spammers.
I agree privacy is very important, except for scammers who should not expect any, they should expect to be doxed.
Personal information could be removed but I guess the purpose of this thread is not just to name and shame, it is also to educate newbies, and also to expose known sources of spam so that you can block them in advance. In fact I even thought about setting an autoresponder just for domain spammers :gl:

I don't think what you are concerned about is "privacy", but having the name and ip address displayed in such a thread as "domainers selling crap names".
It's not a very flattering statement, but I find that it is factual.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back