Domain Empire

Efty Marketplace Example

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Today I signed up for the EFTY 30-day trial to test the look and landing page customization feastures. I already have a portfolo on another site. I was just curious what other domainers have done to see what features are available etc. I did notice it did not automatically upload my .TV domains but it did look at WHOIS to find most of the others - even those which were expired. I decided to "not publish" most of the Spanish domains on this EFTY site. Anyone have some examples....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes that was very helpful. I took a stab at designing one. Please take a look at Unitively/com if you have a moment. I'd be curious for any feedback. I chose the Mokum theme to give the logo a white background. I guess I'll have to factor the theme choice into the logo color choice when using other landers.

I aligned the logo on the left edge of the 300x80 frame in designapp.io so it would line up well (on the left) on the landing page. But I noticed that it is not centered on the tile listing, on my market page. What am I doing wrong?

And how do I get my phone number up in the header on the right, along with my email and website?

Thanks!

•••
Yes that was very helpful. I took a stab at designing one. Please take a look at Unitively/com if you have a moment. I'd be curious for any feedback. I chose the Mokum theme to give the logo a white background. I guess I'll have to factor the theme choice into the logo color choice when using other landers.

I aligned the logo on the left edge of the 300x80 frame in designapp.io so it would line up well (on the left) on the landing page. But I noticed that it is not centered on the tile listing, on my market page. What am I doing wrong?

And how do I get my phone number up in the header on the right, along with my email and website?

Thanks!

Looks good but the reason it's not centered on your marketplace is because the logo is not in the middle of the image. You have to size it in a way that the image remains in the middle.

upload_2016-10-6_22-54-44.png

You can display your phone number on your marketplace only, on the landers you can show your website, your email and your social profiles (such as Facebook, Twitter etc).

•••
I finally got around to categorizing some of the domains in my EFTY marketplace.

To do so...
-select Domains
-check the domains in the list you want to categorize
-at the top choose Edit Selection
-choose Bulk Edit
-select the desired category for each domain
-hit Process

•••
@Doron Vermaat mate you have a custom header at namerockstar.com which is not available in the gallery, as a paid member we also want to have our custom header.

•••
@Doron Vermaat mate you have a custom header at namerockstar.com which is not available in the gallery, as a paid member we also want to have our custom header.

Well spotted, it's because we are testing this feature right now and once it's thoroughly tested it will be available for everyone very soon :)

•••
I'm wondering about the "Efty Market Sales Price" on the Marketing page. What does it do? The Escrow BIN Price is what activates the 2 BIN buttons (also why 2?). If the Escrow BIN Price is left empty, and a price is listed in the Efty MSP, the buttons don't show up on the lander, and you get a "Make an Offer" listing in the marketplace along with the price listed (although the price doesn't carry over to the make offer page).

Also how far off is PayPal integration?

•••
•••
I have applied buy now landers ....let's see how it goes...yes it was a good update

•••
I'm wondering about the "Efty Market Sales Price" on the Marketing page. What does it do? The Escrow BIN Price is what activates the 2 BIN buttons (also why 2?). If the Escrow BIN Price is left empty, and a price is listed in the Efty MSP, the buttons don't show up on the lander, and you get a "Make an Offer" listing in the marketplace along with the price listed (although the price doesn't carry over to the make offer page).

Also how far off is PayPal integration?

You are correct, the Efty sales price will list a price on your marketplace but not a BIN button. It dates from before we had an integration with Escrow.com and I can image this option will be removed in the feature as it doesn't really add much value. Paypal integration is something we consider adding because there's a lot of demand for an Escrow.com alternative at the moment. We usually plan our development for the year when the whole team is together in Vegas for NamesCon so I should be able to give everyone an estimated timeline by then.

•••
I must say, Efty does look very promising. I am liking what I see.

My request would be to add a few things to the Marketplace, like
  • Custom header
Make it more like a mini site.
The ability to create a few pages like,
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy
  • Blog

Also It would be nice to have a few Landers that reflect some of today's more popular Niche categories,
  • Drone
  • VR - Virtual Reality
  • Cannabis/Marijuana
  • Robot
  • Autonomous/Driverless

Good work to all involved :)

Last edited:
•••
Doron,

Excellent work on the new landers! I like the UDRP safe language on some of the landers too.

I made a sale for $1500 (BB reject) with only 9 domains listed, so I am adding more domains to NameTap.com.

I'm adding a few domains for friends. It might be nice to add an option for "Brokered" in this section below and also add a column for these (didn't see one.)
You and your team have made excellent progress. I'm looking forward to what will be next!

•••
Really hope in the future we can add text to the marketplace category pages. Without added text these pages will not be favored by search engines. All the other pages (home and marketplace domain pages) are good because we can add text.

Just a thought.

•••
•••
Really hope in the future we can add text to the marketplace category pages. Without added text these pages will not be favored by search engines. All the other pages (home and marketplace domain pages) are good because we can add text.

Just a thought.

Great addition!

What you about keywords?

•••
Keywords (tags) for each domain would be good too, I think that was suggested a while back on the thread.

Love Efty so far, fits the need and may it continue. Thanks @Doron Vermaat

•••
Thanks everyone for the great feedback. We ship new features and improvements based on user demand and I am happy to share that as of today you can:

- Upload your own custom header image.
- Write your own Meta description.

Both updates can be found under Settings > Efty Market. If you find any bugs, please email us at [email protected]

•••
It depends on your email host. The only thing Efty needs for your For-Sale landing pages to resolve is that the name servers point to us. So if your email host just uses MX records (for example) it's not a problem at all.

If I forward the domain’s name servers to Efty how can I change the MX records for specific domains to meet Hostgator requirements for the email addresses to work? Can I change the MX records myself somehow or would I ask someone at Efty to make the required changes? I’ll need to contact Hostgator to get the required info for the MX records, can you specify the format the info needs to be in?

Thanks

•••
I point all our domains to CloudFlare. This way, I'm totally registrar independent, no need to login and fiddle with numerous registrars' very different CP's. Not to mention CF's add-on functions and DDoS protection, should you avail yourself of them, free of charge, I might add ;)
Needless to say, I'm not a fan of Efty's instructions to point domains to their nameservers. No thanks! All you need to do is set each domain's record "A" to Efty's webserver IP address (currently 119.81.170.18) and voila! Domain's at Efty, but you retain full DNS control and can fiddle with all DNS records - including MX's, SPF's, TXT's - to your heart's content :)

EDIT: you can keep your domain pointed to one set of nameservers and therein point subdomains (e.g. www) only to other nameservers (i.e. Efty's). All other records (e.g. MX) remain under your control on "your" nameserver. I don't think you can make that work with the main domain record, though.

Disclaimer: works like a dream, but it's a hack, not Efty standard protocol. Nothing stopping them from moving stuff to another box or changing the IP address and all your domains stop resolving.

Last edited:
•••
Custom header now live, thanks Efty, got my new one and it looks great! See in my sig!

•••
Custom header now live, thanks Efty, got my new one and it looks great! See in my sig!

Great page, and great job efty. Low it.

Did you do all those logos yourself disaac? You can PM me the info.

•••
Efty, can you consider letting us change the text color of the price on the marketplace domain listing page. It is red by default but another color might work well too for some of us :)

Thanks.

•••
I absolutely love to work with efty, it is very easy to manage all my domains. For me to be totally happy with the solution, I would join with above request of member lennco:

"The ability to create a few pages like,
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy
  • Blog
  • "
Mainly Blog would be an important issue here, so we can write articles and attract more visitors to our domain shops :)

•••
Hopefully EFTY can integrate wordpress in the site. I had over 200 blog posts on my old site and they helped with traffic, ranking etc. Would be a killer addition.

•••
If I forward the domain’s name servers to Efty how can I change the MX records for specific domains to meet Hostgator requirements for the email addresses to work? Can I change the MX records myself somehow or would I ask someone at Efty to make the required changes? I’ll need to contact Hostgator to get the required info for the MX records, can you specify the format the info needs to be in?

Thanks

Sorry, I didn't know you were referring to For-Sale landing pages (i thought you meant your marketplace url). It might not be possible to set MX records if the NS are not set to the registrars default NS. As an alternative you can forward your domain to the For-Sale landing page instead of using the NS.

Looking great. Which city is that?

Efty, can you consider letting us change the text color of the price on the marketplace domain listing page. It is red by default but another color might work well too for some of us :)

Thanks.

I'll make a note of that for future updates.

I absolutely love to work with efty, it is very easy to manage all my domains. For me to be totally happy with the solution, I would join with above request of member lennco:

"The ability to create a few pages like,
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy
  • Blog
  • "
Mainly Blog would be an important issue here, so we can write articles and attract more visitors to our domain shops :)

We definitely have our eyes on these features for future updates.

Hopefully EFTY can integrate wordpress in the site. I had over 200 blog posts on my old site and they helped with traffic, ranking etc. Would be a killer addition.

You can set up a subdomain (like blog.oviah.com) and host your blog content on that. Wordpress.com supports a cname for that. It's super easy to set up.

•••
No idea which city....any takers/?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back