NameSilo

Efty Marketplace Example

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Today I signed up for the EFTY 30-day trial to test the look and landing page customization feastures. I already have a portfolo on another site. I was just curious what other domainers have done to see what features are available etc. I did notice it did not automatically upload my .TV domains but it did look at WHOIS to find most of the others - even those which were expired. I decided to "not publish" most of the Spanish domains on this EFTY site. Anyone have some examples....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry, I didn't know you were referring to For-Sale landing pages (i thought you meant your marketplace url). It might not be possible to set MX records if the NS are not set to the registrars default NS. As an alternative you can forward your domain to the For-Sale landing page instead of using the NS.

Doron do you think I can use the hack below so I can use Efty’s landing pages for my domains but also create custom email addresses for some of the domains. For example, if someone types in MyDomain1.com my Efty landing page should resolve but I also want to be able to create and use the email address “[email protected]” (via my Hostgator hosting account).

I point all our domains to CloudFlare. This way, I'm totally registrar independent, no need to login and fiddle with numerous registrars' very different CP's. Not to mention CF's add-on functions and DDoS protection, should you avail yourself of them, free of charge, I might add ;)
Needless to say, I'm not a fan of Efty's instructions to point domains to their nameservers. No thanks! All you need to do is set each domain's record "A" to Efty's webserver IP address (currently 119.81.170.18) and voila! Domain's at Efty, but you retain full DNS control and can fiddle with all DNS records - including MX's, SPF's, TXT's - to your heart's content :)

EDIT: you can keep your domain pointed to one set of nameservers and therein point subdomains (e.g. www) only to other nameservers (i.e. Efty's). All other records (e.g. MX) remain under your control on "your" nameserver. I don't think you can make that work with the main domain record, though.

Disclaimer: works like a dream, but it's a hack, not Efty standard protocol. Nothing stopping them from moving stuff to another box or changing the IP address and all your domains stop resolving.

•••
•••
It would be great if BIN price and category could be added to the batch import template. I need to add a BIN and category for a lot of names (hundreds) and using the current "bulk edit" function still requires that I set these one by one (unless I'm missing something).

•••
How are you getting on?

I have some experience creating logos for my own marketplace and I am about to start offering a logo design service for other efty marketplace owners.

I am currently in the process of creating a portfolio of the different styles we can offer, from plain text to 'brandbucket' / 'brandroot' style logos.

Reasonable pricing for other NP members $1 - $5 dollars per logo. Based on order quantity and your specific requirements.

I will be creating a thread later on in the week, displaying the different styles and our pricing structure.

For now if you or anybody else is interested, contact me by pm so we can discuss further. I will be happy to send over some logo designs or prepare a sample batch using your names.

***DISCLAIMER***
I would just like to make it clear I am in no way affiliated with efty besides being a user of their service myself.

If you are wondering where the link to my marketplace is?
It's coming very soon!

Hey guys.

Im not sure how cool quoting myself is! Just a quick update, slightly later than expected!

I am now offering my services as a logo designer for domainers via my new site LogoTemple.com
If you are looking for a relatively cheap logo design service for your efty domain name marketplace then check it out!

I have only just launched the site so I appreciate you taking a look and would love to hear any feedback any you can offer.

I mentioned in my previous post that the service would be priced between $1-$5 per logo. Our actual prices are currently $2.50-$5.00 per logo for Brandbucket style domains.

We are not currently offering cheaper logo designs but may introduce a cheaper service later.
The cheaper logos are more basic designs using only 1 color &1 font per design. You would also only receive 1 300x80px image of your logo as opposed to the high quality vector images in our premium package.

If you are interested in either service or even if you just check the site out get in touch.

•••
Hey guys.

Im not sure how cool quoting myself is! Just a quick update, slightly later than expected!

I am now offering my services as a logo designer for domainers via my new site LogoTemple.com
If you are looking for a relatively cheap logo design service for your efty domain name marketplace then check it out!

I have only just launched the site so I appreciate you taking a look and would love to hear any feedback any you can offer.

I mentioned in my previous post that the service would be priced between $1-$5 per logo. Our actual prices are currently $2.50-$5.00 per logo for Brandbucket style domains.

We are not currently offering cheaper logo designs but may introduce a cheaper service later.
The cheaper logos are more basic designs using only 1 color &1 font per design. You would also only receive 1 300x80px image of your logo as opposed to the high quality vector images in our premium package.

If you are interested in either service or even if you just check the site out get in touch.

Best of luck with your service Michael!

•••
Anyone likes the look of the logos on http://www.oviah.com/
I can do some logos for $2.50 each too for your efty marketplace, just as a trial for now.
PM me if interested.

•••
•••
Any development on this @Doron Vermaat

It's something we're exploring to add to our 2017 development roadmap. In the short term, its more likely we expand on the current categories so if you have any wishes (drone, vr, cannabis etc) please let us know.

What i can share already is that there will be a big update on the marketplace before the end of the year which is going to be awesome!

•••
In the short term, its more likely we expand on the current categories so if you have any wishes (drone, vr, cannabis etc) please let us know.

I'm working on a project that would require male / female categories. It would suffice if the major TLDS were added ie .NET, .ORG, .INFO, .CO, .COM, .XYZ (perhaps).

I know you can sort by with TLD, however, it would look nice to have homepage categories given none of the default categories are appropriate to my needs.

Also, is there a way to sort through domains alphabetically? Speaking from viewing the marketplace perspective.

Last edited:
•••
Also, did you mention cannabis category because others have been asking for it, or because you saw the time of my post?

upload_2016-10-27_21-24-57.png

•••
It's something we're exploring to add to our 2017 development roadmap. In the short term, its more likely we expand on the current categories so if you have any wishes (drone, vr, cannabis etc) please let us know.

What i can share already is that there will be a big update on the marketplace before the end of the year which is going to be awesome!
Yes, custom categories would be awesome but at least include all popular niches
Drone, Autonomous, Driverless, Marijuana/Cannabis, VR, Wearable, IoT...ect

Landing pages in these categories would also be great.

•••
Drone, autonomous/driverless and insurance would be much appreciated

•••
Would it be possible to add an option to ignore the logo picture for the efty landers. Since having a good logo AND using efty landers (rather than forwarding to marketplace page) is difficult due to the background.

Thanks.

•••
Would it be possible to add an option to ignore the logo picture for the efty landers. Since having a good logo AND using efty landers (rather than forwarding to marketplace page) is difficult due to the background.

Thanks.

+1

•••

Thanks.

Good point. I will look into this.

I wanted to share a teaser of two new marketplace themes we're currently working on. Because the current two themes (Borgen and Sands) have a rather large header image which is claiming a lot of space above the fold a lot of you guys requested a theme that would promote your domains more prominently right from the homepage.

Expect two new marketplace designs to hit the theme gallery later this month!

marketplace design 1.png

marketplace design 2.png

•••
Drop down menu for sub-categories would also be nice.
Maybe 6 to 8 categories across with 5 or more drop down sub-categories in each one.

Example:
drop-down-menus-17.jpg

•••
@Doron Vermaat I think adding slideshow, favorite and email subsription option to efty marketplace would be a great idea.

•••
Hi Doron

Can we have an area for 'Other Expenses' and 'Other Profits'? Maybe two general areas that would show up on the 'Cockpit'

For example, if I make money, let's say from blogging about domaining, I'd like to be able to put that somewhere. Or if I spend money on subscriptions, I'd like to put that somewhere.

Since, not all expenses or profits are related to one specific name.

Currently, my cockpit does not reflect any of these types of expenses or profits, so I still do need to go back and forth between Efty and my Google docs to see where I'm really at. I'd like both Efty and Google docs to reflect the same values.

•••
A suggestion for the development roadmap.

Maybe an option to create folders in the left tab instead of/in addition to the recently added tab. Would make domain management easier for bigger portfolios. Also the ability to show more than 100 domains in the same page if that's possible.

•••
Great update today! Will be playing around with it later. Thanks again!

•••
Great new themes and good that you added the about page, thanks @Doron Vermaat

Not sure if it is just me, on the new themes the escrow shield icon does not appear on the domain listing page...

•••
Great new themes and good that you added the about page, thanks @Doron Vermaat

Not sure if it is just me, on the new themes the escrow shield icon does not appear on the domain listing page...

Well spotted. I will make sure that will be fixed.

•••
Thanks for adding a custom "about us" page @Doron Vermaat. When will we see custom “blog” page on Efty?

•••
I'd strongly suggest a blank 'Terms of Use / Privacy' page (as per the 'About Us' page) in which users can then add their own information. This information can be generated using TermsFeed.com etc.

As there would be quite a bit of text/copy, I'd suggest a much smaller typeface than what's used in the 'About Us' page.

Last edited:
•••
I'd strongly suggest a blank 'Terms of Use / Privacy' page (as per the 'About Us' page) in which users can then add their own information. This information can be generated using TermsFeed.com etc.

As there would be quite a bit of text/copy, I'd suggest a much smaller typeface than what's used in the 'About Us' page.

+1

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back