Dominion.Domains

Efty.com Review

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by MapleDots, .

Replies:
Views:

?

Have you used and are you happy with Efty

1. Yes - Used them and am happy

44.7%
  2. Yes - Used them and not happy

14.6%
  3. No - Have not used them but will try them

28.2%
  4. No - Have not used them and have no intention to try

13.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Grilled

Grilled Be the change you want to see in the world VIP

Best line of defense is to avoid getting screwed over by being as diligent as possible. Still, it happens...

Shoot me a message if you ever have questions about a purchase. Happy to help.

(Note: I have never bought a .ca, so you might know better than me in that regard)

Keeping this post on topic...

If somebody were to ever get screwed over on buying a domain or selling a domain from an Efty marketplace, how much assistance can Efty staff offer?

Last edited:
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. DN_Hunter

DN_Hunter Established Member

I was always under the impression that Efty staff could NOT offer any assistance (or minimal at best). All the negotiation and purchase follow-through is done between the Buyer and Seller (and sometimes Escrow Service handles the transaction).

But I would be happy to be wrong -- if there is something Efty Staff can provide, I am all ears...

Regards,
    DN

3. creataweb

creataweb Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I agree.

4. Doron Vermaat

Doron Vermaat --- DNgeek.com --- Efty Staff PRO Gold Account VIP

That is correct. Efty is never involved in the sales process so buyers and sellers are advised to use a licensed escrow service for high-value transactions. Of course, when you do your due-diligence such @Grilled and feel comfortable using PayPal or credit card (Stripe) to pay for a domain you are still protected to a certain extent by the purchase protection of your credit card provider or PayPal.

5. MapleDots

MapleDots Domain Properties 2010 - 2018 VIP

I have an efty test account and here are the top 3 things I cannot get over.

They are why I have not signed up permanently

1. inability to customize favicon unless I go top tier.
    I don't mind the efty tag on the bottom of the page but nobody knows what the efty favicon is when they bookmark one of my for sale pages.

2. Logos need to be larger and I need the ability to change the order to display my best ones at the top.

3. The infinite scroll need a shut off button. It is the most annoying thing EVER!!!
    When I look at an Efty site and want the contact information at the bottom of the page I cannot get to it because the infinite scroll keeps going and going. Members with hundreds of domains have no way of displaying the information at the bottom of the page after a search unless you keep scrolling and scrolling and scrolling.

6. Nor123

Nor123 Established Member

Someone else experiencing trouble with their Efty marketplace today?

Mine has been down for 5-6 hours, and it looks like an real issue at their end.

7. korganian

korganian Active Member VIP

Mine resolved in less than a second.

8. Nor123

What about namerockstar.com ?

9. korganian

This site can’t be reached
    namerockstar.com refused to connect.

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

10. Nor123

The same as I am getting, along with several other Efty marketplaces that I've tested. I haven't contacted support about it yet though, but will certainly do now. It has been down for many hours, not resolving at all.

I am currently on trial mode with Efty, and so far it's been a pleasure. But it's a bit odd, this. And no word about it, on any of their social media channels..

11. korganian

nvm

Last edited:
  12. korganian

I remember they said a big update was coming soon, so maybe they are doing it now and it's causing downtime.

13. Doron Vermaat

Hi everyone, we were indeed making some changes to the server setup which caused some short downtime. Evetthing should be back to normal again now. Apologies for any inconvenience.

14. DrJacoby

DrJacoby Established Member

In order to get SSL encryption, I'm redirecting my landers to my Efty Marketplace. I'm happy with how the "sales pages" look, except that they don't have any title that makes it obvious that the domain is for sale.

It would be highly appreciated if you could add a simple title that says "Example.com is for sale" with large letters (for example: HugeDomains sales page).

@Doron Vermaat Is that something you could fix?

15. Doron Vermaat

Which marketplace template are you using currently? It's pretty obvious the domain is for sale in this theme, the Borgen theme: https://namerockstar.com/domain/MovingUp.com/ (Make Offer) or https://namerockstar.com/domain/irso.com/ (BIN) in my opinion.

16. DrJacoby

DrJacoby Established Member

I'm using the Eustatius theme. Yes, it is pretty obvious that the domain is for sale, but I would like it to be super obvious.

What's the advantage of NOT having a title on the sales page?

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!