Dynadot

EFTY.com - Have you had any sales thru their landing pages?

NameSilo
Watch

BuyWebDomains

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hi,
Recently signed-up to the free 30 day trial with EFTY.com, which expires in the next days.
This has got me wondering whether to continue with them.

A few questions which spring to mind before committing for those with an account :
1. Have you had any sales thru their landing pages?
2. Have you seen an increase in traffic to those pages?
3. Assuming you've had sales, have these been in the form of offers or Buy-it-Now?
4. What do you think to the new landing pages (released by Efty yesterday)?
5. Best method of directing traffic to those pages? I currently use Twitter.

Personally I've not had any sales, but that would be down to the domains.
Keen to get some discussion going, especially if it assists others.

Thanks,
Steve

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Would be interested in knowing this as well. Thanks for the question OP.

•••
Was part of beta, had no inquiries.

Had better luck with HTML pages and Bodis.

•••
I use efty for all my domains due to the land pages and is quite easy to use. I have received inquiries for my domains.

But I don't think it would make any different if I use uniregistry landpage or sedo as the inquiries are from type in traffic and not through marketplaces themselves.

•••
I forwarded a select number of domains to my EFTY marketplace Dominero.com
I have received several lowball offers and even one $1000 offer for a two-word aged .COM but no sales yet.
I need to adjust my settings and landing pages somewhat as they have come out with new features since I first launched several months ago. In the end, it is the domain which attracts the offers while the platform merely facilitates lead capture and potential sales conversion.

•••
I forwarded a select number of domains to my EFTY marketplace Dominero.com
I have received several lowball offers and even one $1000 offer for a two-word aged .COM but no sales yet.
I need to adjust my settings and landing pages somewhat as they have come out with new features since I first launched several months ago. In the end, it is the domain which attracts the offers while the platform merely facilitates lead capture and potential sales conversion.

I actually don't see what efty has to do with it. Interested people just can make an offer. They can do the same if the landpage was provided by uniregistry etc.

Again as you mentioned, it depends on the domain.

•••
Yep, a good number of sales through Efty. Really like the platform overall.

•••
been with efty for a month no sale yet..has 1 buy it now escrow request ...but it was a fake....and i got one more offer...which was again fake all from india...not sure what happiness they get doing it.

•••
Interested people just can make an offer. They can do the same if the landpage was provided by uniregistry etc.

True but Efty allows for much more customization and they don't take a commission. That's a substantial difference in my opinion.

•••
I got a 1k offer (verified) few days after I signed up to their 30 day trial. Of course it could have happened anyway, but for example the last time I had some action going on around my names at sedo was so long time ago that I can't even remember.

•••
All of my domains have efty landers and I have been using it since the beta. To me, it's exactly the solution I needed.

I get lots of offers. I turn down alot and I sell alot. About 95 percent of my name's are "make offer" with no buy now button.

I have my almost all domains listed on Sedo, afternic, godaddy auctions and flippa as well, but about 90-95 percent of inquiries and offers come direct from my landers.

A lander is to give interested parties a simple and easy way to know the domain is for sale and to buy or contact the owner. It can also help by including a pitch to convey the value and price expectations. They also, if attractive and professional looking, make you appear more professional.

The Efty landers let me accomplish these objectives with a high level of customization and personalization.

I love it. Best investment I've made as a domainer on a tool. I love not having to pay huge commissions by relying on other marketplaces with little to no transparency on who is making the offer or inquiry. I am actually weighing ignoring or rejecting offers on other platforms so that serious parties will contact me directly.

There is no magic lander that will make bad domains attract offers, but nice, professional and appealing landers are helpful in connecting you, and presenting your domains in a positive manner that can enhance value.

If domains are internet real estate, a good lander is like an attractively staged home at an "open house".

Last edited:
•••
All of my domains have efty landers and I have been using it since the beta. To me, it's exactly the solution I needed.

I get lots of offers. I turn down alot and I sell alot. About 95 percent of my name's are "make offer" with no buy now button.

I have my almost all domains listed on Sedo, afternic, godaddy auctions and flippa as well, but about 90-95 percent of inquiries and offers come direct from my landers.

A lander is to give interested parties a simple and easy way to know the domain is for sale and to buy or contact the owner. It can also help by including a pitch to convey the value and price expectations. They also, if attractive and professional looking, make you appear more professional.

The Efty landers let me accomplish these objectives with a high level of customization and personalization.

I love it. Best investment I've made as a domainer on a tool. I love not having to pay huge commissions by relying on other marketplaces with little to no transparency on who is making the offer or inquiry. I am actually weighing ignoring or rejecting offers on other platforms so that serious parties will contact me directly.

There is no magic lander that will make bad domains attract offers, but nice, professional and appealing landers are helpful in connecting you, and presenting your domains in a positive manner that can enhance value.

If domains are internet real estate, a good lander is like an attractively staged home at an "open house".

I completely agree with the above! The landing pages are awesome, I have received a substantial increase in offers over the last 3-4 months and instead of receiving an anonymous bid through godaddy, Efty verifies the bidder and so you get the name, email, phone number, and their IP. The fact that efty does not take a commission is also outstanding!

After a few months and about 6 inquires, I've had two sales and I'm still negotiating with another potential. One sale netted $10,000 from an initial $50 investment. The landing pages are why I joined Efty but the site has much more to offer as well in terms of organization and keeping renewals in check, stuff like that.
Overall, very happy with Efty.com, and contacting customer service is more like making new domainer friends...

Last edited:
•••
indiegrind summed it up perfectly for me.

•••
Actually I prefer Efty than other parking services.

Customisation and use of ease is their best feature.

•••
My comment earlier was very short.

To expand a little more I really like the service overall. Get far more serious inquiries/offers than I ever did with uniregistry, have full control over the process and no commissions to pay out post sale. No prescripted emails from brokers who have little motivation to sell your domains and can take an age to reply losing valuable momentum and time and so on.

Efty - Fast landing pages (I requested this to Doron many times and they got there in the end), great choice now of landing pages, marketplace, full details of buyers unlike Afternic et al etc. etc.

Full marks to Efty, there is no reason to park your domains anywhere else as things stand today IMO.

Last edited:
•••
I love Efty's landing pages, great designs. One of the best features is the ability to view traffic stats using Google Analytics, and I use it to help determine what to keep or drop.

•••
Efty works, i have been using it since beta. Doron is great!
I keep getting inquiries from the landing pages and the new addition of google analytics for each landing page is beyond awesome!

What even better is they keep improving it from time to time, if you are on the fence, give it a try folks, efty works!

•••
Right now I pay $10 per month but to be honest I don't think I will be sticking with them. I don't need statistics and other unnecessary stuff.

If you just want "make an offer" landing page you have it for free at bodis.com. And they are planning improvements I see:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/bodis-2-0.484866/page-202#post-5771973

The 3 times that somone clicked "buy now" they either were confused about the price or not even reading what the hell they are agreeing to. And for cheaper names escrow is too expesive - so I just want to state the BIN price (in desctiption) and give option to contact me via contact form (no "make an offer").
I can't do something simple like that since URDP safe themes have no option to change description.
I might as well use my own hosting account.

And they don't have paypal payment - they store our credit card info... well, somewhere. I'm not even sure how safe it is.

•••
Right now I pay $10 per month but to be honest I don't think I will be sticking with them. I don't need statistics and other unnecessary stuff.

If you just want "make an offer" landing page you have it for free at bodis.com. And they are planning improvements I see:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/bodis-2-0.484866/page-202#post-5771973

The 3 times that somone clicked "buy now" they either were confused about the price or not even reading what the hell they are agreeing to. And for cheaper names escrow is too expesive - so I just want to state the BIN price (in desctiption) and give option to contact me via contact form (no "make an offer").
I can't do something simple like that since URDP safe themes have no option to change description.
I might as well use my own hosting account.

And they don't have paypal payment - they store our credit card info... well, somewhere. I'm not even sure how safe it is.
I do have the same issue for smaller domains. Escrow fee takes a lot % when the funds end up in my bank account.

I'm looking for an alternate option for smaller domains but couldn't find any so far (tried Payoneer).

•••
For smaller amounts, I am using Flippa.

•••
I do have the same issue for smaller domains. Escrow fee takes a lot % when the funds end up in my bank account.

I'm looking for an alternate option for smaller domains but couldn't find any so far (tried Payoneer).
For the low $xxx payments I just use paypal - I've never had a charge back (well, so far at least).
I think if you sell lower quality names (e.g. reg fee domains) you are unlikely to be contacted by a scammer. They wouldn't waste their time trying to seal junk.
And if that ever happens - at worst I will be out of $10. No big deal.

•••

Efty doesn't store your credit card details. These are stored with our payment provider, Stripe which is one of the largest payment companies in the world. https://stripe.com/

•••
For the low $xxx payments I just use paypal - I've never had a charge back (well, so far at least).
I think if you sell lower quality names (e.g. reg fee domains) you are unlikely to be contacted by a scammer. They wouldn't waste their time trying to seal junk.
And if that ever happens - at worst I will be out of $10. No big deal.
I used to use paypal but not anymore. I'm talking about the 100-$300 sales.

•••
Efty doesn't store your credit card details. These are stored with our payment provider, Stripe which is one of the largest payment companies in the world. https://stripe.com/
I think you should add paypal option either way.

So do you plan on adding simple contact form with custom description?

•••
I think you should add paypal option either way.

So do you plan on adding simple contact form with custom description?

We will be looking into Paypal integration next year so that users have an option next to Escrow.com to offer to buyers (for lower priced domains for example).

We currently do not have plans to add a lander with just a contact form and custom description but if there's a strong demand we will certainly consider adding one.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back