Dynadot

Efty.com Review

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Have you used and are you happy with Efty

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
I am thinking of trying https://www.efty.com/

I'm wondering if I can get some pros and cons from members.

I have almost 300 domains so these some of the items I would like to discuss before signing up.

1. Getting the information in via excel seems to be the best option, is that correct?

2. Do I have to transfer the domain to efty or just change nameservers?

3. If I only change name servers then I have added more work because I have to maintain dates and prices in efty plus watch my registrar.

4. They seem to be in bed with Escrow and the buy now function looks like it depends on that. Is there another way to do buy now? I have my own payment processing machine and I use it or bank transfers.

5. Are there any other costs other than the quoted monthly fee.

6. Even using the excel spread sheet it looks like an awful lot of work to get everything in when there are 300 domains involved. Is it worth the time and effort on top of information already supplied by my registrar?

7. Is there a similar service and how do their tools compare?

8. Uniregistry looks like it may have similar services and ultimately it would be easier to manage the domains right from the registrar but I'm not hot on paying a 15% commission on sales. Discuss Uniregistry advantages if any.

PLEASE NOTE: Stay on topic here because I don't want to clutter up this thread with bantering.

If you have any legitimate questions about Efty to add please continue the red numbering sequence with the next number starting at #9.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can we set the escrow.com fees preference for each domain?

For some domains with BIN the buyer is going to pay the fees but for others I am going to pay the fees, this is causing problems.

You can do this on a per-domain-basis if you initiate the Escrow.com from within your Efty account. We're going to work on deeper integrations with both Escrow.com and Payoneer this year so I will see what can be accomplished with their new APIs.

•••
@Doron Vermaat
I don't like the new process/results that was added to remove the email verification. In the past, I could always look at Insights / Inquiries to see everyone that submitted an Inquiry. One of the features there was the column VERIFIED (Yes/No). This told me that the person submitting the inquiry has actually received an email from Efty, and clicked the VERIFY in the email to trigger Efty to send me the Inquiry (as Verified). So I know when I get an email that the submission was from someone who actually gets emails from the address they included on the Inquiry Submission.

The new feature to turn off Verification simply auto-updates that VERIFIED column to YES and I get the email immediately. However, the submission is labeled as "VERIFIED" when in fact it is NOT VERIFIED. This was very lazy coding in order to push the email to me. I have no idea if the submission was actually verified. I wasted a lot of time and a nice reply email yesterday only to get a "could not deliver" email because it was a bogus email address. I suspected it might have been a BOT or Idiot submitting the Inquiry, but since the EFTY page told me it was VERIFIED, I went along and replied to the email.

Surely, your coders can do this the right way. Push the email immediately, and only update the VERIFIED when the submitter actually verifies the email.. Until then, I have turned VERIFICATION back on.

Regards,
DN

Many of you wanted to be able to switch of verified inquiries so we decided to deliver on this asap. I understand that the "verified" label for an inquiry that was sent with email verification switch of is not entirely correct but, without going into the technical details, I can share there's wasn't a quick workaround for this. There's a completely new version of the platform in the works and I'll do my best to see if this is something that can be improved in there as well.

•••
I decided to join Efty with a monthly plan and within the first hour, I received an inquiry. Definitely planning on sticking around!

I'm not sure if this has already been addressed, but is there a way we can or will there be a way in the future that we can:

a. Create our own Categories for our domains (Like DB2)
b. Choose the order and layout of the Premium Domains on our Marketplace (Like choosing which names go on the top row of the homepage)
c. Add logos to our marketplace that are larger than 300 by 80 (It seems like ever logo I have bigger)
d. See the daily or monthly views per landing page (Not sure if GA is the only way to do that)

Thanks!

•••
I decided to join Efty with a monthly plan and within the first hour, I received an inquiry. Definitely planning on sticking around!

I'm not sure if this has already been addressed, but is there a way we can or will there be a way in the future that we can:

a. Create our own Categories for our domains (Like DB2)
b. Choose the order and layout of the Premium Domains on our Marketplace (Like choosing which names go on the top row of the homepage)
c. Add logos to our marketplace that are larger than 300 by 80 (It seems like ever logo I have bigger)
d. See the daily or monthly views per landing page (Not sure if GA is the only way to do that)

Thanks!
My free month trial is about to end and I think I’ll be sticking with them as well.

Your a. and b. inquiries have been brought up a lot and I believe Doron is working on them. I would love a “Random” button for “b.” - to just have the premium domains listed randomly on each visit.
As for c., thats a good idea. I had to resize all of my older logos.

As for d., another great idea. GA is excellent but a quick glance right there in your cockpit/insights of even the most basic stat, such as page views would be cool.

•••
Haven't received an offer (both verified and non-verified) since 1st Feb, is it an Efty problem? :xf.frown:

•••
I updated my lander to show my ideal landing page.
Notice the logo sizes and the custom emoticon etc.

Visit: www.mapledots.com to see it in action

Screenshot

Picture0051.png

The small little logos on efty just don't work for me.
I'm waiting for custom logo sizes and emoticon.

I don't thing I should have to pay extra for the unbranded version just for the emoticon. I will gladly leave the efty branding but I need my own logo sizes and emoticon.

For now I just published my domains using an iFrame from my google sheets. This updates whenever I add a domain to my google sheets. It's a stop gap measure until I can use Efty Marketplace.

Please forgive the crude webdesign, I kinda free handed it a bit there.

•••
Haven't received an offer (both verified and non-verified) since 1st Feb, is it an Efty problem?

I've received 8 offers on 5 different days since the 1st (6 verified 2 non-verified -- but all were extremely lowball offers). So I think the offer process is functioning ok.

But there were times last year when I questioned if it was working -- so I just visited one of my landing pages and submitted an offer to myself to check if it was working properly...

Regards,
DN

Last edited:
•••
I've received 8 offers on 5 different days since the 1st (6 verified 2 non-verified -- but all were extremely lowball offers). So I think the offer process is functioning ok.

But there were times last year when I questioned if it was working -- so I just visited one of my landing pages and submitted an offer to myself to check if it was working properly...

Regards,
DN

I don't think I know of a service with as much potential as Efty. I keep a few domains there for testing purposes and it's only a question of time before I end up there with all my domains. In the meantime I have been updating my spreadsheet with all the info required at Efty so that when the day comes all I have to do is import the data in.

•••
I am having trouble enabling the Marketplace SSL feature.

I use NameSilo name servers and have pointed the A record to the correct IP address. But should I set the Host as "www" or "@"? I get an error message at Efty for both versions...

Thanks!

UPATE: This issue seems to have been resolved.

Last edited:
•••
@Doron Vermaat
There is a site for an Efty Marketplace (assuming from ALL users of Efty), but it does not let me browse through all the names. It has a number of names on the landing page, and they don't seem to change. How do I add my names to the marketplace?

Regards,
DN

•••
I've noticed (in Google Analytics) that I've gotten a few visits from Coffeyville, USA, each and every day since setting up my Efty marketplace. What's up with that? Is there an Efty bot that crawls all the marketplaces?

•••
@Doron Vermaat
There is a site for an Efty Marketplace (assuming from ALL users of Efty), but it does not let me browse through all the names. It has a number of names on the landing page, and they don't seem to change. How do I add my names to the marketplace?

Regards,
DN

The current "homepage" for EftyMarket.com is a placeholder we've put together to emit trust and confidence towards potential buyers that visit domains that are directed to SSL secured landing pages on the EftyMarket.com url. More information on how to direct your landers to EftyMarket.com can be found on our blog here: https://blog.efty.com/2018/02/14/host-ssl-secure-for-sales-pages-on-eftymarket-com/

In the future, we might work on adding search functionality to EftyMarket.com so that buyers can search the entire inventory.

I've noticed (in Google Analytics) that I've gotten a few visits from Coffeyville, USA, each and every day since setting up my Efty marketplace. What's up with that? Is there an Efty bot that crawls all the marketplaces?

Not that we're aware of. GA is usually pretty good at filter out bot traffic. I checked my own stats and can not see any traffic from that specific region.

•••
no Efty landing page and marketplace is working!!! Please look into this asap!!

•••
no Efty landing page and marketplace is working!!! Please look into this asap!!

The marketplace for a specific IP range was briefly down as we're doing some server reboots today. Individual For-Sale landing pages were not affected unless you have them redirect to your marketplace site.

•••
Read thro' the reviews on here and have decided to give Efty a go. We've got quite a large .co.uk portfolio and will probably want to include a note about .uk (i.e. whether rights to the .uk are included or not) on a lot of these domains. I assume there is a section where you can include a bespoke note so this is seen on the landing page. I just loaded up our first domain luxuryflat .co.uk but can't see anywhere in the control panel where I can write a note to tell visitors that we are currently including luxuryflat .uk in this sale. Does anyone know how to do this? Many thanks.

•••
we've just found out how to do this - so ignore our last post

must say that the landing page looks superb :)

•••
I've noticed the same. I get a lot of visits from Coffeyville and Ashburn, Va. What's up with that?

•••
I've noticed the same. I get a lot of visits from Coffeyville and Ashburn, Va. What's up with that?
Yep, I get visits from Ashburn as well, just not as frequently as from Coffeyville.

Someone or something is crawling Efty marketplaces.

•••
Landers are down again for me

•••
Took a couple minutes for login page to load for me hour ago. My parked pages are not loading now

But i did add 2 names to cockpit once logged in

•••
Landers are down again for me

There have been a couple of nameserver issues the last couple of hours which were working on fixing right now.

•••
Recently, I was trying to verify the seller of a domain I wanted. My first question is usually, "Are you on NamePros?".. the seller had an old account but not active for years.

The domain had been under privacy for some time. And the nameservers appeared to be the same since the seller claimed to have purchased it on NameJet a few years ago. (Verified sale price at namebio)

At my request, the seller changed nameservers to confirm he had access.

In response to my proposal for the domain to be moved to namesilo, and sold via Namesilo's low commission marketplace, the seller proposed an easier method, that I buy it on his efty marketplace via PayPal.

Being able to verify other domains he owned on his efty marketplace (to the email address I was dealing with), including a domain I had previously dropped, I felt secure with making the purchase.

I purchased the domain without hiccup, and moved it from Network Solutions to Namesilo.

I'm writing this here because this transaction put me in the end-users shoes, and I must say, the seller having an Efty marketplace really helped gain my trust.

From the buyers side, I'd much rather purchase a domain via somebody's Efty marketplace via PayPal than I would using Escrow.com.

From a sellers perspective, I don't like having to explain the drawn out process of an escrow.com transaction.

Thank you Efty.com!

Last edited:
•••
At my request, the seller changed nameservers to confirm he had access.

This is a great point too because for larger purchases I also ask the owner change the name servers.

It does not lock the domain and the owner can switch it right back. (y)

As far as Efty goes..... they are probably one of the more responsive marketplaces.

You have to go to the top tier plan to remove the Efty favicon though and that always makes the site look like it's hosted somewhere free. I don't mind the Efty footer tag at all and would have no issues leaving it there but that favicon has got to be separated out of the top tier. In my humble opinion of course :xf.rolleyes:

•••
This is a great point too because for larger purchases I also ask the owner change the name servers.

It does not lock the domain and the owner can switch it right back. (y)

This alone isn't full proof. As it only shows they have access to the domain.

In my case, I also used blog.goldnames.com to find the username that won the domain at NameJet, then looked up the WHOIS of other domains that username had won, to confirm the WHOIS email on other domains won from that username, matched who I was dealing with.

Having to the best of my ability verified I was dealing with the rightful owner, I wanted to ensure I would receive the domain after making payment. And the offer to purchase the domain on his efty marketplace alleviated those concerns for me.

Last edited:
•••
This alone isn't full proof. As it only shows they have access to the domain.

In my case, I also used blog.goldnames.com to find the username that won the domain at NameJet, then looked up the WHOIS of other domains that username had won, to confirm the WHOIS email on other domains won from that username, matched who I was dealing with.

Having to the best of my ability verified I was dealing with the rightful owner, I wanted to ensure I would receive the domain after making payment. And the offer to purchase the domain on his efty marketplace alleviated those concerns for me.

Yup, I get that, I use it to see if they have control of the domain. Still have to do the due diligence though.

HeHe..... if I ever get screwed over I'll just hire you and they'll regret the day they ever wandered into my neck of the woods. :xf.laugh::xf.laugh::xf.laugh:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back