Dynadot

EFTY.com - Have you had any sales thru their landing pages?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BuyWebDomains

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hi,
Recently signed-up to the free 30 day trial with EFTY.com, which expires in the next days.
This has got me wondering whether to continue with them.

A few questions which spring to mind before committing for those with an account :
1. Have you had any sales thru their landing pages?
2. Have you seen an increase in traffic to those pages?
3. Assuming you've had sales, have these been in the form of offers or Buy-it-Now?
4. What do you think to the new landing pages (released by Efty yesterday)?
5. Best method of directing traffic to those pages? I currently use Twitter.

Personally I've not had any sales, but that would be down to the domains.
Keen to get some discussion going, especially if it assists others.

Thanks,
Steve

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We currently do not have plans to add a lander with just a contact form and custom description
OK, thanks. My subscription is running out in 2 weeks so just wanted to know if I need to start looking for different solution.

•••
efty landers are the best....but their marketplace needs more freedom

1:No about us page
2:No blog
3:No privacy or terms page
4:No contact us page
4:No custom headers

Without these i doubt a customer will have cofidence to buy a domain when they vist the marketplace....

i have requested doron lets hope for the best

•••
efty landers are the best....but their marketplace needs more freedom

1:No about us page
2:No blog
3:No privacy or terms page
4:No contact us page
4:No custom headers

Without these i doubt a customer will have cofidence to buy a domain when they vist the marketplace....

i have requested doron lets hope for the best

Now that we just pushed a big update live for the landers all our development efforts are focussed towards further improving the marketplace feature. Expect some cool updates soon :)

•••
But I don't think it would make any different if I use uniregistry landpage or sedo as the inquiries are from type in traffic and not through marketplaces themselves.
One very substantial difference between Uniregistry (not DNS) landers and Efty is that Uniregistry now forces leads to create a Uniregistry account in order to make the inquiry. Personally I think that's a barrier to getting the lead into the system, and one of the major put-offs of Uniregistry Market for me. I understand they are trying to build a network, but the pros of using Uniregistry are diminishing as they take more value out of our user interactions for themselves.

•••
One very substantial difference between Uniregistry (not DNS) landers and Efty is that Uniregistry now forces leads to create a Uniregistry account in order to make the inquiry. Personally I think that's a barrier to getting the lead into the system, and one of the major put-offs of Uniregistry Market for me. I understand they are trying to build a network, but the pros of using Uniregistry are diminishing as they take more value out of our user interactions for themselves.

Another important difference is you know who you are dealing with when an inquiry comes in.

•••
Another important difference is you know who you are dealing with when an inquiry comes in.
In fairness, that info is all available in Uniregistry so long as the lead isn't via their partner network (which get's passed to brokers automatically). All lead data coming in over their landers is populated in your marketplace console.

•••
Hey

In efty market place site via mobile..when I make a domain search ..it shows the right results...but if I want to make an another search it's not working , the button is stand still.

•••
Loving the Efty feature. Got specific request, can we allow user to edit categories. For example i dont see any way to edit all domains i have in one category. Lets say Finance, how can i select all domains in that category and change template and other details. Not finding that feature, but it seems to be pretty critical step after initial step. Since each category should have different feel (i come from ecommerce, so for me this type of testing is natural). Is there any way to do it?

•••
•••
Loving the Efty feature. Got specific request, can we allow user to edit categories. For example i dont see any way to edit all domains i have in one category. Lets say Finance, how can i select all domains in that category and change template and other details. Not finding that feature, but it seems to be pretty critical step after initial step. Since each category should have different feel (i come from ecommerce, so for me this type of testing is natural). Is there any way to do it?

Agree with this.

•••
Also, on lander pages, i would love to be able to choose color for the domain name. Right now everything is white, so nothing really stands out. Choosing color (without actually needing to upload logo) would be amazing. For example for Fresh.blah , i would want green color. For Business.blah i would want blue. This is probably one of the key elements for lenders, and right now domain doesn't get enough focus.

•••
Looking great @Doron Vermaat

this is mine www.realitybrands.com

most of the domains in my market are tech related so sub categories in the tech world +custom categories are very important and it would be great to see it soon .

•••
@Doron Vermaat
Love it if we can set a secret reserve, rather than visible, as an option

•••
Thank you Doron for all your help in setting up! Personally, I just wanted the easy, nice looking landers, but found myself getting really organized in the process, and very pleasantly surprised at the all of the great features. I found I had dozens of domains with incorrect whois - oops!!! I put BIN on almost all domains, and love the easy user experience - one click. Just integrated analytics - never did it, but thought I would have to do individual tracking ID's - nope - I watched a youtube tutorial for a few minutes, and then got it all set up in 5 minutes - wow. I monitor whois lookups at Godaddy but not traffic as it was too timely to set up. But now, super easy!!! Now with traffic, and whois lookups (from Godaddy) I can make more informed decisions on pricing and drops. Love it!!!

But, the only drawback is that I am going to lose up to $25 in parking revenue for this year - HA HA HA HA!!!!

Kazzia Marketplace

Last edited:
•••
I use Efty.com exclusively now with great success....I own just under 1k names.
There is 1 feature I wish they WOULD implement already, and that is the ability to ADD Stripe, Paypal, or custom BUY IT NOW code for each domain.
I recently sold BirthdayB*E*E*R in king and a few other names just in the last couple weeks.
@Doron Vermaat would like to hear your feedback on this.

•••
efty is good i purchase few items from efty and it delivered me on time.

•••
•••
I use Efty.com exclusively now with great success....I own just under 1k names.
There is 1 feature I wish they WOULD implement already, and that is the ability to ADD Stripe, Paypal, or custom BUY IT NOW code for each domain.
I recently sold BirthdayB*E*E*R in king and a few other names just in the last couple weeks.
@Doron Vermaat would like to hear your feedback on this.

We are currently working on PayPal integration among other things!

•••
I've actually just recently closed my Efty account. This is in no way because of any bad experience. What Doron and his team have created for all us domainers is quite remarkable.

My absence from Efty may only be a temporary one as I have to try and see if my own market place and landing pages will work out as well or better for me.

I had 3 notable sales through Efty over a 6 month period which totalled $1700 I then had a further enquiry on a 4th domain but I had not long sold it through GoDaddy (forgot to remove it from efty portfolio)

TBH, efty is fantastic for portfolio management and a great way to cut out "the middle man". But at the end of the day, it's the quality of your domain that's going to bring the enquiries and offers.

•••
We are currently working on PayPal integration among other things!
Yes, Paypal is required. Stripe would be great too^^

It would be nice if there can be a feature (or option) to keep reserve price secret until met

Last edited:
•••
I've made a few sales through my efty site.

•••
•••
Will Efty be offering brokerage in the future?

•••
Will Efty be offering brokerage in the future?
I doubt it very much. The whole idea of efty is to put you in control of your portfolio and for you to do the negotiating and not to loose fees in brokerage and commission.

•••
Your'e probably right, I agree that should be the focus, but adding options never hurts. on that note, anybody know a good broker? =P

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back