Dynadot

Efty.com Review

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Have you used and are you happy with Efty

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
I am thinking of trying https://www.efty.com/

I'm wondering if I can get some pros and cons from members.

I have almost 300 domains so these some of the items I would like to discuss before signing up.

1. Getting the information in via excel seems to be the best option, is that correct?

2. Do I have to transfer the domain to efty or just change nameservers?

3. If I only change name servers then I have added more work because I have to maintain dates and prices in efty plus watch my registrar.

4. They seem to be in bed with Escrow and the buy now function looks like it depends on that. Is there another way to do buy now? I have my own payment processing machine and I use it or bank transfers.

5. Are there any other costs other than the quoted monthly fee.

6. Even using the excel spread sheet it looks like an awful lot of work to get everything in when there are 300 domains involved. Is it worth the time and effort on top of information already supplied by my registrar?

7. Is there a similar service and how do their tools compare?

8. Uniregistry looks like it may have similar services and ultimately it would be easier to manage the domains right from the registrar but I'm not hot on paying a 15% commission on sales. Discuss Uniregistry advantages if any.

PLEASE NOTE: Stay on topic here because I don't want to clutter up this thread with bantering.

If you have any legitimate questions about Efty to add please continue the red numbering sequence with the next number starting at #9.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1. There are three ways to get your names into the system. The CSV upload is definitely recommended because this way allows you to add BIN prices, purchase prices etc, all at one go.
2. Efty works for all your domains, no matter which registrar they are with. Just point the name servers to ns1.eftydns.com / ns2.eftydns.com if you want to use our For-Sale landing pages.
3. With Efty you can keep track of all your domains across different registrars so it should help you save time in the end.
4. We currently offer Escrow.com and Payoneer Escrow integration. We are also working on integration Paypal so you can offer your buyers to instantly pay for your domain name using Paypal.
5. No, there are no other costs and Efty never charges any commission on sales.
6. You can choose to just upload the domains and not the other data such as purchase prices and renewal fees. This should have your 300 domains in the system in no time.
7. I'll leave this to others to answer. All I can share is that I eat my own dog food :)
8. Uniregistry indeed takes a commission. They also not have a clear government about your data like we do at Efty which might mean they use your sales data for their own good.

•••
need 404 redirect. I had a name with 1000 pages indexed in googgle, they all went to some dud page and got removed from search results. Fix that we might be in business together.

•••
I think Paypal is a needed option because I consider any sale under $1000 a pittance sale and I don't want to be bothered with escrow or similar. I just want a buy now and be done with it for them.

•••
Also, @Doron Vermaat I would like to be able to add and change the Categories to be able to add and customize as many categories as needed! Thanks!

•••

DomainManage (I believe it's UK based)

or your own custom site for full control

•••
there are a bunch of services that compare here is a small list
http://nameinvestors.com/
http://domainmanage.com/
epik.com
uniregistry.com
and
toughdomains.com

Other than our own service and after reviewing all of them I personally do like epik and efty the best. efty has the best domain store out there if thats what your looking for.

•••
So I looked at Efty, a few days into the trial and I don't think I will be using them.

Here is why.....

I am spending so much time and effort on my logos that it has become one of the most important selling points for me. The logos efty allows are 300 x 80 pixels. How can I truly showcase my domain logo with a lousy 80 pixel height?

All the logo uploads are way too small including the main logo for the site.

I'll try back in 6 months but right now I need a service where I can show logos at about 200x200 pixels. That allows for good marketing.

Here is an example of what I need to show.

cof3.gif

This is the size efty allows

cof1.gif

Huge difference what it looks like on the webpage.

•••
@MapleDots I would assume that they need to make all the logo sizes the same in order to keep the layout and design of the domain store.
I have a question regarding domain logos. Do you feel the domain logo will sell a name more than other domain points. ie domain age or traffic or alexa rank? I guess logo will matter much more to an end user and domain data may matter more to a domain investor?

•••
@MapleDots I would assume that they need to make all the logo sizes the same in order to keep the layout and design of the domain store.
I have a question regarding domain logos. Do you feel the domain logo will sell a name more than other domain points. ie domain age or traffic or alexa rank? I guess logo will matter much more to an end user and domain data may matter more to a domain investor?

When someone inquires on a domain and I don't get anywhere I email them a logo and a lot of times that closes a sale. I think for the end user a logo is very important and it can easily make a sale.

II think the domain and logo are the most important part to the end user. Lets face t if I am going to buy Coffyy.com for my new business venture then I could care less about alexa rankings, I care only if it fits for my needs.

Yes we as domainers look at ratings and a lot of other things but the two most visual things are the domain address and the logo. Sometimes one cannot visualize the purpose of the domain until you see the logo.

Look at my Coffyy domain as a for instance. The domain name is just ok, but combine it with the logo and it starts to look pretty darn good.

Its like going to a car dealership and getting a brochure which only shows a picture of the car from the rear. You need full marketing tools with nice glossy pictures to sell the car.

If you need more evidence read here....
https://www.namepros.com/threads/yo...-day-no-handregs.756868/page-115#post-6099289

Domainers are seeing the light.... most new domains posted have great logos

There is a website called Kijiji.com... it allows you to add x5 pictures to sell an item, it shows thumbnails and then large pictures when clicked. I would kill for a domain service that has that.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1255136400&siteLocale=en_CA&requestSource=b

Last edited:
•••
@MapleDots, why not create your own sales landing pages?

Cheers
Corey

•••
Last edited:
•••
^ looks good, have you considered adding information details about the domain name? like on my latest MJRX.com.au + weblinks for your other domain names also

Cheers
Corey

•••
@MapleDots

Here is an example of what I need to show.

Show attachment 55147

This is the size efty allows

Show attachment 55148

Huge difference what it looks like on the webpage.

Your 200x200 logo is very cool BUT I honestly believe you can get the same result you wanted on a 300x80.
First off, the actual picture you created with the heart over the top of the cup of coffee acting as the steam looks very nice. Very clever.

On your 200x200 logo at the top you have the words, "Premium Domain"
Then at the bottom you wrote, "Love For Coffee". I really don't think you need all of those words on your picture. When you create your landing page for that specific domain, you can add all the words you want in your description. So, if you added your picture to the left or right of your domain in the font that you used, I still think you would have a killer looking 300x80 logo.

•••
24fb410166436b2a4e8de34577953e3b.jpg

Yes it looks OK but not near the impact of what I was after

Keep in mind this get harder to do with longer domain names

•••
Ok, but I actually think that is one kick a$$ looking logo right there.
You even got your slogan in there as well...
"Love For Coffee"

I display mine differently from most and I am particular about the looks of font, images, etc. so I get it.

Good luck, either way you go, your logos look pretty darn good.

•••
Ok, but I actually think that is one kick a$$ looking logo right there.
You even got your slogan in there as well...
"Love For Coffee"

I display mine differently from most and I am particular about the looks of font, images, etc. so I get it.

Good luck, either way you go, your logos look pretty darn good.

I looked at your page... smartguns.com - that will be worth a fortune

Can your domains be sorted alphabetically? - I can't see that feature

•••
Thanks. No, I don't believe we can't sort domains alphabetically. The only ways to sort on Efty pages that I can see are...

Extension
Categories
Price

If you speak with @Doron Vermaat, He may be able to add that feature if that is a concern for you.

•••
I wanted to provide an update based on the requests of this thread. we now offer the following in our free store
-alpha sort of names
-domain age sort of names
-ability to upload larger(domain and store logos) 300x200 and 50k in size as requested here.

we are listening hope to hear more suggestions.

I am definitely going to check it out this weekend. I am working on a couple of design contests for logos with some members right now so I will check it out very soon.

•••
@MapleDots

I am going through evaluation process right now, who did you end up going with an why?

•••
@NameOmnia I ended up making my own lander modeled after how I would like efty to look. It uses bigger logos and I decided to wait until that change comes.

I also wanted to use my own favicon and that was not possible with efty.

I will revisit them again in the near future.

•••
@NameOmnia I ended up making my own lander modeled after how I would like efty to look. It uses bigger logos and I decided to wait until that change comes.

I also wanted to use my own favicon and that was not possible with efty.

I will revisit them again in the near future.

Thanks; that Canadian hosting seems to kick a*ses

•••
Your opening post is about Efty. I thought the thread was meant to be about Efty.

Now you are discussing your own landers on the Efty thread. I'm confused. Is this leading to something other than an Efty discussion?

•••
Your opening post is about Efty. I thought the thread was meant to be about Efty.

Now you are discussing your own landers on the Efty thread. I'm confused. Is this leading to something other than an Efty discussion?

I think it has been partially hijacked...:xf.smile::pirate::vulcan:

•••
Nope, it is still about Efty... my intention is to use them, I simply tossed up a two page site to show my idea of it for me. It does not compete with efty and it is not available to anyone. It simply shows how I prefer the use of larger logo boxes and my own favicon.

I think the efty service is incredible, I have said that all along and I have said as efty matures I will probably be switching to it. Pretty simple.... I was asked what I am doing now and I answered... plain and simple.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back