Dynadot

Efty.com Review

NameSilo
Watch

Have you used and are you happy with Efty

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
I am thinking of trying https://www.efty.com/

I'm wondering if I can get some pros and cons from members.

I have almost 300 domains so these some of the items I would like to discuss before signing up.

1. Getting the information in via excel seems to be the best option, is that correct?

2. Do I have to transfer the domain to efty or just change nameservers?

3. If I only change name servers then I have added more work because I have to maintain dates and prices in efty plus watch my registrar.

4. They seem to be in bed with Escrow and the buy now function looks like it depends on that. Is there another way to do buy now? I have my own payment processing machine and I use it or bank transfers.

5. Are there any other costs other than the quoted monthly fee.

6. Even using the excel spread sheet it looks like an awful lot of work to get everything in when there are 300 domains involved. Is it worth the time and effort on top of information already supplied by my registrar?

7. Is there a similar service and how do their tools compare?

8. Uniregistry looks like it may have similar services and ultimately it would be easier to manage the domains right from the registrar but I'm not hot on paying a 15% commission on sales. Discuss Uniregistry advantages if any.

PLEASE NOTE: Stay on topic here because I don't want to clutter up this thread with bantering.

If you have any legitimate questions about Efty to add please continue the red numbering sequence with the next number starting at #9.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Favicons-1024x576.png

All the efty sites look very nice and the members and efty have both done a great job. The favicon is the only flaw here, let me tell you why.

I look at your efty site and I decide I like the domain sexybody.com and it is sold by 123domains.com. I bookmark it to come back and consider it tomorrow. The next day comes and life becomes busy and I forget, in fact a whole week passes.

Next week I go to my bookmarks and I cannot find the link because it's mixed in my other bookmark folder with 1000 other bookmarks and the standard efty " y " favicon means nothing to me. Had it had a nice little favicon for 123 domains then I would probably have found it.

The above example is for a not so tech savvy person but it does indicate what could happen and it's a huge flaw in the system. ANY service that is paid (not just top tier) should have an option to customize the favicon. The fact that a paying customer has to use the efty one unless they go top tier is ridiculous in my opinion.

Like all other services EFTY can brand at the bottom but to hijack the favicon for an efty advertisement will prevent a number of trial users not to sign up for a paying account. Why pay for something that is branded to someone else's website. That is poor business in my opinion and would prevent me from ever using efty as my marketplace.

Note: I love efty, I think it's a wonderful service but this is a critical error on Efty's part that MUST be rectified.

PS. I have gone through 2 efty trials and did not sign up because of this. I was thinking the second time around when they offered me a trial to the new version this would have been fixed. To be honest Efty did reach out to me to offer a solution but this would have meant it was special to my account and I would have had to sign up to a higher service and then change back etc. I did not think that was a solution and I still think this should be part of Efty for everyone.

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 99283

All the efty sites look very nice and the members and efty have both done a great job. The favicon is the only flaw here, let me tell you why.

I look at your efty site and I decide I like the domain sexybody.com and it is sold by 123domains.com. I bookmark it to come back and consider it tomorrow. The next day comes and life becomes busy and I forget, in fact a whole week passes.

Next week I go to my bookmarks and I cannot find the link because it's mixed in my other bookmark folder with 1000 other bookmarks and the standard efty " y " favicon means nothing to me. Had it had a nice little favicon for 123 domains then I would probably have found it.

The above example is for a not so tech savvy person but it does indicate what could happen and it's a huge flaw in the system. ANY service that is paid (not just top tier) should have an option to customize the favicon. The fact that a paying customer has to use the efty one unless they go top tier is ridiculous in my opinion.

Like all other services EFTY can brand at the bottom but to hijack the favicon for an efty advertisement will prevent a number of trial users not to sign up for a paying account. Why pay for something that is branded to someone else's website. That is poor business in my opinion and would prevent me from ever using efty as my marketplace.

Note: I love efty, I think it's a wonderful service but this is a critical error on Efty's part that MUST be rectified.

PS. I have gone through 2 efty trials and did not sign up because of this. I was thinking the second time around when they offered me a trial to the new version this would have been fixed. To be honest Efty did reach out to me to offer a solution but this would have meant it was special to my account and I would have had to sign up to a higher service and then change back etc. I did not think that was a solution and I still think this should be part of Efty for everyone.

They were indeed overpriced. I agreed with you that the paid tier(not just top tier) should have an option to customize the favicon.
Anyway, I will consider efty as a temporary solution only.

Last edited:
•••
They were indeed overpriced. I agreed with you that the paid tier(not just top tier) should have an option to customize the favicon.
Anyway, I will consider efty as a temporary solution only.

To customize the favicon you would have to go with the $25/month plan which is $300 per year. That gives you 5000 domains but it is rare for domainers to have that many. The second tier at 1500 domains will probably apply to 90% of all domainers and at $144 per year is quite reasonable.

When one has a large portfolio approaching 1000 domains then there are already a lot of costs, renewals, godaddy discount club, web hosting, ssl certificates, dedicated ip, auction fees, credit card processing fees etc.

Having to double the price for efty to customize the site favicon is a steep price to pay. Don't know if I would use the stripe integration but that is a nice bonus on the top tier plan.

In my opinion any domainer running a marketplace using the efty favicon is making a big mistake. My landers have been bookmarked since early 2000 and those bookmarks are instantly recognizable because of my favicon. To give that up would be a mistake because instead of advertising my landers I am now advertising Efty.

•••
Sorry guys. Like I said accepting subscription payments through PayPal as well as Stripe would put a strain on our admin and accounting. It won't happen anytime soon.

Dear Doron,

Is it possible to introduce statistics on clicks (visits) per each page/domain? Currently, this option is available for Undeveloped.com users. It helps to analyze traffic to each listed domains. As for now, I can visit only aggregated stats for all the domains listed in my EFTY marketplace.

Thanks

@Doron Vermaat

Yes, you can get detailed stats for each domain if you have set up your Google Analytics integration. Here's the tutorial. It includes a screen capture which shows you how to filter down to get visitor stats for individual domain names. Let me know if you need any help with getting this setup.

•••
I have a question/concern regarding my landing pages.

I was looking at one of my landing pages on a friends network today that uses McAfee Virus Protection.
My domain that I was looking at had a BIN on it.

When I clicked the BIN on my landing page, a McAfee SiteAdvisor Software alert popped up instead of my BIN page and stated the website, https://eftymarket.com/buy_it_now&#… is deemed VERY RISKY.

The page states the BIN page's "Website Status" is VERY RISKY and it's asking me, and I quote,

WHOA, ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO GO THERE?
https://eftymarket.com/buy_it_now&#… may be risky to visit.

At the bottom of the page it says either, "accept the risk" or "go back" to the original page.

I don't have McAfee on my network so I've never seen this warning pop up when I look at my landing pages.

I love using Efty and I'm a big fan, but this is really concerning because I know a lot people that use McAfee and this warning could easily prevent people from making future offers or choosing the BIN.

I would be personally spooked out if I saw this warning.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks,

Will

•••
I have some observations that may make Efty even better.

1) Efty should remember your selected columns when showing your portfolio and you shouldn't have to set them every time.
2) Efty should export your selected columns, currently it only exports some predefined columns
3) When finished adding a domain, there should be a link to add another (saves you a few clicks)

Thanks !

•••
I have a question/concern regarding my landing pages.

I was looking at one of my landing pages on a friends network today that uses McAfee Virus Protection.
My domain that I was looking at had a BIN on it.

When I clicked the BIN on my landing page, a McAfee SiteAdvisor Software alert popped up instead of my BIN page and stated the website, https://eftymarket.com/buy_it_now&#… is deemed VERY RISKY.

The page states the BIN page's "Website Status" is VERY RISKY and it's asking me, and I quote,

WHOA, ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO GO THERE?
https://eftymarket.com/buy_it_now&#… may be risky to visit.

At the bottom of the page it says either, "accept the risk" or "go back" to the original page.

I don't have McAfee on my network so I've never seen this warning pop up when I look at my landing pages.

I love using Efty and I'm a big fan, but this is really concerning because I know a lot people that use McAfee and this warning could easily prevent people from making future offers or choosing the BIN.

I would be personally spooked out if I saw this warning.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks,

Will

We have reached out to McAfee and they say the issue has been resolved.

•••
It is a platform best for those who have a good quality domains and can efford the cost of Efty

•••
Hey guys did anyone realize that Efty increased the subscription costs of Growth package from $84/year to $144/year?

•••
Hey guys did anyone realize that Efty increased the subscription costs of Growth package from $84/year to $144/year?

Doron told me it's only for new accounts, older accounts will pay the old pricing as long as their subscription remains active

•••
I originally scratched Efty off of my list because they didn't offer PayPal as an option to pay for the service. This is a good second reason I'll be avoiding them. That type of price increase is outrageous for new users. You'd have to be Bruce Wayne to afford that... oh, wait...

•••
Doron Vermaat, Efty is great platform, but I miss one important thing, please add option to choice by default escrow.com transaction type, within standard or concierge, as by default it is set as standard only.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back