Dynadot

Efty has a critical flaw for me

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
So I opened a previous efty topic to review my opinions on Efty and most of my questions were answered. Regardless of the good and bad of the platform I am really at odds to use them. I can get over any shortcomings except for one.

Having over 300 domains I need them displayed alphabetically

Efty displays them in order of when they were added to the system. I emailed efty and was told if I wanted to display a name at the top I would have to delete it and re-add it to the system.

Well now if I add another domain my display one slides down one notch - not acceptable.

For large portfolios it would be best to sort alphabetically and my showcase domains should be drag and drop to the position I want.

I don't understand, how I can be alone in this requirement. I understand they rely heavily on the search function but if I want to showcase my best domains why would I not want to put my best logos up at the top of the list?

I really want to use efty... I love the concept but unfortunately have decided to pass. That is regrettable because having used it for a few weeks I can see the potential.

If they at least allowed me to arrange my showcase domains in a specific order I could still be convinced.

OTHER THAN THAT I CAN RECOMMEND EFTY

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Please keep this thread on topic to alphabetize and drop and drag display for showcase domains.

This is not an efty review topic it is to discuss this specific issue.

Last edited:
•••
My experience as well. However, I did not contact @Doron Vermaat about this. Maybe he can shed more light or be able to do something to assist.

I did this a few hours ago (delete & add domain name for it to be at the top of the list). I have a small portfolio, but still it is a pain for me, can feel your frustration when dealing with a huge portfolio.

•••
Yup, now add ten new domains and then I have to delete 5 of my old ones and re-add them to appear at the top of my showcase domains.

They have got to fix that... I cannot see anyone that has a large portfolio adding, deleting and re-adding domains all the time.

I guess I could just say let them show where they are but it is nice to display your best domains at the top.

•••
I totally agree that this should be a high-priority feature to add. I have mentioned this a couple of times in one of the other Efty threads. It is one of my TOP-2 Requests. Doran even replied in that other thread that he would check on how to arrange in any order on my Market Place Page.

•••
So I made a quick Efty look alike page at www.MapleDots.com

Don't critique it too much because I used basic html and threw it together really fast.

It kinda gives you an idea what I would want efty to look like as far as sorting goes.

•••
hi guys, sorting domains on the homepage of the marketplace is a popular request so it's definitely on my radar. I will discuss this again and see if this is something we can add to this year's development roadmap.

•••
Thanks Doron, even I would prefer a homepage sorting option
In addition, I would prefer a button for " Show More" below the domain list, as I use a dark background and there is no way to change colour of the dark html link.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back