IT.COM

poll Domaining's version of March Madness - Who is the best registrar in the business? 2020 Edition

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is the best registrar in the business? 2020 Edition

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
It's time for the domain industry's version of March Madness

The best registrar in the business for 2020

Registrars that got less than 2 votes from last time were not included, Uniregistry being acquired by GoDaddy is not included.

the last big poll here.

Can NameSilo defend their crown? Will Epik finally come through and attain the top spot? GoDaddy always a contender. Any surprises?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
They've already started integrating that by offering Fast Transfers. But again GD, Afternic, Uni all are different platforms yet owned by GD.

Anticipate it will be like that for forceable future

How many u want godaddy logo on afternic landers since it shows “trust”; gd separate two brands that well. overwhelming feel GD logo would help sales on afternic?yet GD separates

I think they keep both separate let Uni do what it it does best, which if the case, you’re right Uni might deserve a slot. between me and you, Uni higher than GD for me :-P
Looks like exciting times up ahead.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
i anticipate it will be like that for near future

how many of u want godaddy logo on afternic landers since it shows “trust”. separated, two brands that well. overwhelming feel GD logo would help sales on afternic?yet GD separates

I think they keep both separate let Uni do what it it does best, which if the case, you’re right Uni might deserve a slot. between me and you, they’re higher than GD for me :-P
Looks like exciting times

I too believe that GD logo has increased the sales volume via Afternic landers which I agree with you.
But again, using GD owned registrar (Uni) and using their another company's sales lander (Afternic NS3/4) won't make me to vote for GD because in that way I'm voting for GD's interface, control panel, security features, pricing, etc. Whereas, currently Uni is offering all these totally different than GD. :xf.wink:

•••
Domainer for 13+ years now with about 4K domains. Over the years I have used about a dozen or so registrars. My Registrar of choice is DynaDot, because of the following reasons:

• Excellent UI. Easy to manage tons of domains. Time is money & I feel with so many domains, the less time I spend fighting UI is better for me and my sanity. Hence, I feel the greatest thing feature about DynaDot is their UI.
  • Affordable pricing.
  • Good support.
  • Met the team at NamesCon. Very professional & awesome CEO
  • Listens to customers on feature requests.

•••
Hi Guys,

Special thanks to all the guys who voted for Epik as your favorite registrar :)

At epik, We're always open to listen your feedback and improve your overall experience.

Those who didn't vote for Epik, we'll be happy to hear your feedback to improve ourselves as our goal is ultimately help you to succeed.

We try to listen 24 by 7, discuss those with our team and finally come up with best we can give to our clients.

Our CEO @Rob Monster always says that "Our customer's success is our success, so go and identify the customers problems and help them to solve them", this is what we follow and try to keep in mind.

You can always reach out to any of Epik team if you need any help or wants to give any feedback!

Thanks,
Sumeeth

•••
So Rob gets banned from this thread for promotion and tag teams 3 employees to take his place. You guys have no chill.

What's fishy about every single one of us making a strong impact on hundreds of individuals, and a small number of those voted in our favor? Perhaps we haven't dealt with you yet, but if you ever need help you will find Rob (especially), myself, or any of our staff are here on the forums and available via email instantly. Do you see any other registrar, escrow, marketplace doing that 8-12 hours a day, every day?

I don't see any other registrars over promoting. I'm sure you guys have great support. The other registrars I use, run pretty smooth. I guess if they were buggy, had lots of issues, I would need more support. The only time I ever use it with GoDaddy is to cancel a sale if the buyer doesn't pay. The only time I used it with Dynadot is to refund a deposit

And forums aren't the only place for support. Usually if I need it, I email or call. And I've had great support.

•••
So Rob gets banned from this thread for promotion and tag teams 3 employees to take his place. You guys have no chill.

I don't see any other registrars over promoting. I'm sure you guys have great support. The other registrars I use, run pretty smooth. I guess if they were buggy, had lots of issues, I would need more support. The only time I ever use it with GoDaddy is to cancel a sale if the buyer doesn't pay. The only time I used it with Dynadot is to refund a deposit

And forums aren't the only place for support. Usually if I need it, I email or call. And I've had great support.

When did I promote anything JB? You truly need to heed your own advice in this case. Chill. Nobody is promoting anything. I simply answered with facts. We are here because this is where domainers are and it's organic to send a DM about any issue.

I get 1-10 daily DMs from various members and several issues, I often respond within a minute or less.
RuLC95v.png

There are no registrars investing real labor here. You call it "overpromoting" because you can't fathom seeing a registrar answering like real human beings? We are bringing competition to the forefront of the battlefield, period. You don't have to like it, use it, or listen to it. Just hit the little ignore button and boom, we all disappear! The pettiness in this constant call for censoring someone you don't want to hear from is absurd. You are here voluntarily, take personal responsibility for the messages you choose to see. That's how I curate my experience and sometimes I do reveal the ignored messages to reveal what is already known, most people on my ignore list are there for a reason.

•••
You call it "overpromoting" because you can't fathom seeing a registrar answering like real human beings? We are bringing competition to the forefront of the battlefield, period. You don't have to like it, use it, or listen to it. Just hit the little ignore button and boom, we all disappear! The pettiness in this constant call for censoring someone you don't want to hear from is absurd. You are here voluntarily, take personal responsibility for the messages you choose to see. That's how I curate my experience and sometimes I do reveal the ignored messages to reveal what is already known, most people on my ignore list are there for a reason.

It fairness, Rob has received multiple infractions for self-promotion and is banned from this thread due to blatant self promotion.

NamePros made that decision. That is a fact.

I am not willing to just ignore it. The people abusing the rules can learn to follow them.
Being forced to follow the rules about self promotion is not "censorship".

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I am amazed that Network Solutions has double digit votes.

(4) of the votes are from -

BrandBoogie
BrandBoogie.com
Brand-Boogie
BoogieBrands

Hmm...

Brad

Last edited:
•••
It fairness Rob has received multiple infractions for self-promotion and is banned from this thread due to blatant self promotion.

NamePros made that decision. That is a fact.

I am not willing to just ignore it. The people abusing the rules can learn to follow them.
Being forced to follow the rules is not "censorship".

Brad

Brad, I never broke the rule myself. JB accused me personally, as well as other staff of being part of a coordinated response directed by Rob. It's silly to even write it. Rob, myself, and the rest of the staff have a registrar to run. We do this in addition to our responsibilities.

As far as Namepros banning Rob, it seems like an appeal to the loud minority. It absolutely is censorship when someone is asked a question and the answer includes a relevant property. The context of promotional posts is not accurately defined in the rules and I don't see it applying to Rob most of the time. Sometimes, perhaps yes. But it seems a small minority that contribute almost ZERO content (you excluded, Brad) only feel compelled to post as a complaint. You can see it in their post history!

Fact is, you should hit "ignore" to limit your exposure if you feel it is too much. That is a personally responsible thing to do. I do it to limit my exposure to trolls, negativity, and pure silliness. We are all grown adults here, let's stop pretending the mods are here to father us into a customized experience.

•••
Below are all the NamePros accounts that voted for Epik, with a note of which accounts have a Epik.com Staff badge on them.

NIce auditing there, but I think you left two , that I colored in red. See lets see some math here

Epik has 22 staff votes as per this audit you did and has overall, 125 votes as of now
Dynadot has 102 votes so , if we deduct the staff votes of Epik, then it will have 103 votes.
So yes, I would agree with @Grego85 that Dynadot is doing good in this poll.

•••
IMHO, it is unfair (or unethical) that EPIK staff members are voting on this Poll.

To EPIK: If you play unfairly openly , who knows what you guys do behind closed doors.

•••
Brad, I never broke the rule myself. JB accused me personally, as well as other staff of being part of a coordinated response directed by Rob. It's silly to even write it. Rob, myself, and the rest of the staff have a registrar to run. We do this in addition to our responsibilities.

As far as Namepros banning Rob, it seems like an appeal to the loud minority. It absolutely is censorship when someone is asked a question and the answer includes a relevant property. The context of promotional posts is not accurately defined in the rules and I don't see it applying to Rob most of the time. Sometimes, perhaps yes. But it seems a small minority that contribute almost ZERO content (you excluded, Brad) only feel compelled to post as a complaint. You can see it in their post history!

Fact is, you should hit "ignore" to limit your exposure if you feel it is too much. That is a personally responsible thing to do. I do it to limit my exposure to trolls, negativity, and pure silliness. We are all grown adults here, let's stop pretending the mods are here to father us into a customized experience.

I was actually inspired by the post immediately before mine.

As far as promotion and rules, it seems other people seem to grasp them just fine. A month restriction and now a thread ban should be more clues.

As far as all that support stuff and I mean this seriously, work on the product, less support issues. You have complaints in your threads with people not understanding how things work, simply because of no/poor FAQ.

"Fact is, you should hit "ignore" to limit your exposure if you feel it is too much."

You can too, anybody can.

If somebody has questions and you can help, DM them.

Last edited:
•••
amazing,

go Epik go, employee votes matter

Samer

•••
Dynadot is doing very well, especially considering that there is really no one promoting it or giving the sales pitch. Pretty impressive.

Brad

•••
•••
I
As far as all that support stuff and I mean this seriously, work on the product, less support issues. You have complaints in your threads with people not understanding how things work, simply because of no/poor FAQ.

"Fact is, you should hit "ignore" to limit your exposure if you feel it is too much."

You can too, anybody can.

If somebody has questions and you can help, DM them.

I help folks close deals, answer questions that have FAQs addressed, random domain questions, and portfolio questions, among countless other reasons. Again, a fallacious argument with no reasoning. I can answer publicly if I think it will answer the question for others later. It's efficient and perfectly acceptable.

The product threads are all answered almost immediately, I don't see any other registrar bothering to make a thread about any of their products, let alone manning it almost 24hrs a day. Epik has invested more time and resources on NL (for example) in the past 3 months than any registrar has on their main product offerings. You just can't claim we aren't working on it daily. I would like the FAQ but it might be reported to father mod.

•••
I help folks close deals, answer questions that have FAQs addressed, random domain questions, and portfolio questions, among countless other reasons. Again, a fallacious argument with no reasoning. I can answer publicly if I think it will answer the question for others later. It's efficient and perfectly acceptable.

The product threads are all answered almost immediately, I don't see any other registrar bothering to make a thread about any of their products, let alone manning it almost 24hrs a day. Epik has invested more time and resources on NL (for example) in the past 3 months than any registrar has on their main product offerings. You just can't claim we aren't working on it daily. I would like the FAQ but it might be reported to father mod.

Great. You know you have plenty of threads in the Promotional section here where they're supposed to be, nobody is bothering you guys there. Don't see any other companies struggling with this.

•••
•••
Agreed. Zero companies are actively engaged in the space.

Exactly, other companies know where to post and respect the forum rules and the mods.

•••
Exactly, other companies know where to post and respect the forum rules and the mods.

I think you meant, other companies don't care to post anywhere else because they underestimate the power of person-to-person engagement. Epik's approach to gain market share is to positively affect stakeholders. You personally dislike it, yet you have the power to ignore it without coercion. So do the four other anti-epik members. But I am certain there is something appealing about a fatherly figure to comfort your eyes by issuing bans and removing posts you don't want to see.

Here are two facts you cannot conflate with equivocation:

I have never had an infraction.

I respect the rules.

•••
I think you meant, other companies don't care to post anywhere else because they underestimate the power of person-to-person engagement. Epik's approach to gain market share is to positively affect stakeholders. You personally dislike it, yet you have the power to ignore it without coercion. So do the four other anti-epik members. But I am certain there is something appealing about a fatherly figure to comfort your eyes by issuing bans and removing posts you don't want to see.

Here are two facts you cannot conflate with equivocation:

I have never had an infraction.

I respect the rules.

I actually posted many times what I dislike, you guys posting in areas you're not supposed to. Didn't I just go over that? Pointing out there are plenty of areas where you guys post where there are no issues.

And something else other companies don't do, is act unprofessionally. You just did it with the name-calling in your post. You and your boss even calling people Marxist/Marxism.

As far as those 2 facts you just posted. But that doesn't apply to your boss.

You're the only registrar that I can recall that has had:

warnings
infractions
account restrictions
thread bans
and who knows how many posts deleted, I think there were 4 in this thread?

Wouldn't the most obvious choice would be to stop doing that stuff?

Let me explain this to you hopefully one last time. This is the only active, mainstream domain forum. I don't care what you do in your promotion threads, coupon threads etc. It's when you hop on over to the other threads that I read, like General Discussion threads and promote. And again, I'm not sure how many times the mods have to delete that stuff until you finally figure out to stop doing that. I hope you guys send all the mods a gift basket and thank you card for all the work they do cleaning all that up.

Last edited:
•••
I voted for Epik.Epik deserves it.

•••

@DanSanchez - we have agreed in the past about our annoyance with GoDaddy (understatement), but here I have to disagree with you. Hitting the "ignore" button is genererally the most irresponsible thing to do. Following that advice, there would never be any political argument in the world. If Donald Trump says something offensive or stupid, your advice would be to simply ignore it. As if you ignore it, it isn't there. In the meantime, the whole fabric of the country changes in an irreversible way. The same is happening on this forum where the fabric is changing. Maybe you want a forum where 50% of the people don't see what the other 50% are writing and vice versa, but that is not my idea of a community.

I would say exactly the same if Porkbun, Dynadot or any other registrar would be constantly spamming each single thread using it as a sales pitch to get more people to subscribe to their particular platform.

Last edited:
•••
Let me explain this to you hopefully one last time.

I doubt you will stop reposting things that don't apply to me individually, but we can hope. Let's remember we are all individuals and I am not Rob. He can do as he wishes and so can I.

The mods are doing a great job at protecting speech, so far. The censors on this forum are overbearing users that demand a cleansed experience. It is a marxist approach to utilize a central authority to limit speech. Nothing insulting about that.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back