Dynadot

discuss Domain Seller Racism

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

EmpireNames.com

Founder @ Rooted.com Previously Empire NamesTop Member
Impact
Great Story to share

I was chasing one name for long time finally I reached to owner and offered him price on reddit he replied with counter offer then back and forth we agreed on price now he emailed me to call me so I replied no problem and I called from PAKISTAN. he didn't picked up the call I thought maybe he missed call I emailed him I called you but no response he didn't responded I called again he didn't picked up the call I emailed again that we should start escrow now but instead he replied I don't take calls from Pakistan and now I am blocking you
I am like What The????????????????

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

some regions of the world bring "negative" connotations to mind, when considering whether or not to do business with those who live within those boundaries

for instance, if I get a lot of spam emails and phone calls , mostly from India, Pakistan trying to sell me web design services.... then i may decide not to do business with anyone from that area, if i don't already know them personally or previously did business with them in the past.
regardless to what they have for sale or are offering to buy

it may not be racism, just fear of being scammed or they may have had bad experience in the past from somebody from that region, or they just tired of being solicited. .

just saying....

imo...

•••
Hi

some regions of the world bring "negative" connotations to mind, when considering whether or not to do business with those who live within those boundaries

for instance, if I get a lot of spam emails and phone calls , mostly from India, Pakistan trying to sell me web design services.... then i may decide not to do business with anyone from that area, if i don't already know them personally or previously did business with them in the past.
regardless to what they have for sale or are offering to buy

it may not be racism, just fear of being scammed or they may have had bad experience in the past from somebody from that region, or they just tired of being solicited. .

just saying....

imo...
Just because scam i can understand but as i mentioned we were going in escrow..
maybe i am wrong but sounds like racism to me..
But i respect your opinion and really understand maybe this is the case (y)

•••
If you haven't been told "Afterall, $200 is big money in your country..", then an unpicked call is a walk in the park.

•••
Have a local domainer call him and close. The send him a nice thank you B-)

•••
If you haven't been told "Afterall, $200 is big money in your country..", then an unpicked call is a walk in the park.

Don't take it personal. I got a call a few weeks ago for a geo-domain; the caller told me he could buy a domain for $2 on Godaddy.

•••
Don't take it personal. I got a call a few weeks ago for a geo-domain; the caller told me he could buy a domain for $2 on Godaddy.
LOL... Forgot to add that the person I contacted was being sarcastic and instead proceeded to call me a banana eating monkey who needs to get off his Internet cafe to the farm. O_o

•••
LOL... Forgot to add that the person I contacted was being sarcastic and instead proceeded to call me a banana eating monkey who needs to get off his Internet cafe to the farm. O_o

Some people are just terrible. I'd be thinking of snappy comebacks for a week

•••
It's not actually racism, its the country you live in. Many countries will not deal with certain middle east or south asia countries. I recall that the people who run Cpanel would not do business with a country in your area, it might be Pakistan.

Some of it has to do with 9/11 and Osama Bin Laden, some of it is because of supposed hiding or support of terrorists and some is because Pakistan and India are pretty much enemies and some countries are sympathetic to India.

It's unfortunate it affects you, but people are people, what can you do ?

Last edited:
•••
Now THAT is racism.

Last edited:
•••
It’s a very unfortunate scenario. I could be totally wrong here but maybe the seller is worried about receiving funds from Pakistan potentially showing up on his financials. Not sure.

In any case, the best way to buy and sell (depending on your country) is with anonymity. Some will big time disagree but they aren’t from countries that raise question marks. If they are, the have built a solid reputation first. @AbdulBasit.com comes to mind.

I would not be surprised if one’s country being shown In Whois publicly hinders some sales. It’s unfortunate but some people are just biased. Domainers from Nigeria have opened similar threads with similar problems.

•••
Pakistan, India mostly people with no money or scams, that is why he ignores. Make an offer to be taken seriously.

•••
Sorry to hear your situation. Wish you more prosper, hopefully even get higher buyer for your domains.

Goodluck RizM!

•••
I don't think Pakistan has particularly that bad of a reputation? I mean there are articles about how it is corrupt, but these refer to internal corruption not so much trying to scam people outside of Pakistan.

The U.S. is pretty corrupt these days too, what with so many politicians being charged with crimes.

•••
Some people do not want to transact from these countries due to the source of funds, and would rather not get tied up in such issues. They may not understand the closing process, but would rather not go down the road. I wouldn't call it racism unless they stated something direct to you, but they just don't want to risk transacting with a source country that has constant negative news headlines. Yes, there is a lot of SEO/Web Design services that spam daily from such Countries, and most people maybe sick of it, or may think it is some kind of upsell.

Last edited:
•••
Great Story to share

I was chasing one name for long time finally I reached to owner and offered him price on reddit he replied with counter offer then back and forth we agreed on price now he emailed me to call me so I replied no problem and I called from PAKISTAN. he didn't picked up the call I thought maybe he missed call I emailed him I called you but no response he didn't responded I called again he didn't picked up the call I emailed again that we should start escrow now but instead he replied I don't take calls from Pakistan and now I am blocking you

Sounds like you may be just bitter you did not get the domain you've been chasing for so long, now you want to let out some anger by calling someone a "racist".

There are a lot of legitimate reasons for certain citizens of certain countries not to do business with Pakistanis, which are financial and legal in nature. You can research it and accept that or you can just call people useless names like "racist" to make yourself a victim.

It's 2019, the word has been misused so many times it has little to no value anymore.

Besides, I bet you don't even know his race so how do you know it was "racism"? Could be xenophobia, which is still his prerogative and also a word that has lost any value.

It would be rich to find out he is Pakistani, too :ROFL:

Life sucks, we get it. Onward and upward.

Last edited:
•••
Let me see if I read you right... you negotiated a deal to buy a domain from him and agreed on a price and then he stopped responding upon learning you're from Pakistan...?

That's not racism. That's stupidity on his part! :ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
Crazy. Something seems to blind people at times

•••
It’s a very unfortunate scenario. I could be totally wrong here but maybe the seller is worried about receiving funds from Pakistan potentially showing up on his financials. Not sure.

In any case, the best way to buy and sell (depending on your country) is with anonymity. Some will big time disagree but they aren’t from countries that raise question marks. If they are, the have built a solid reputation first. @AbdulBasit.com comes to mind.

I would not be surprised if one’s country being shown In Whois publicly hinders some sales. It’s unfortunate but some people are just biased. Domainers from Nigeria have opened similar threads with similar problems.

Most probably the buyer seems to be not frequent domain buyer/seller so he doesn't understand the in/out of procedures. So possibly he's thinking by using Escrow.com, still it would be reflected that funds are coming from Pakistan and not U.S. Though I'm not defending the domain seller at all but as @Domains - Wanted said "That's not racism. That's stupidity on his part" which I totally agree.

Also I totally agree with @biggie.

To continue what biggie said, I would like to add something along with it. Honestly speaking, if someone wants to deal with me in Pakistan, I usually try to avoid if I'd to trust and deliver at first (anything) compare to anything dealing with West. I don't consider it racism but I consider calculating the probability of getting scammed from my region compare to West. I know and I feel more comfortable dealing with Western people because in my experience they're more trustworthy and I know of getting scammed in my country. Also I believe that every single Pakistani represents the entire nation and vice versa for every person of other nations. I feel ashamed when I hear that any Pakistani doing any wrongful activity no matter where he currently resides because I believe that person represents the entire nation and ruining everyone's reputation.

As far as my experience over a decade, I've not come across anyone who've openly attacked me on racism or even at the level of what happened with @Riz M. - But I've found many great people from all around the world and seriously I've found very helpful, nicest people more from rest of the world if I compare with my country people.

Most people on this planet are aware of tensions and hatred between people of Pakistan and India but I've always loved Indian people because I've lived with them for 10 years in Dubai and I found them very humble and down to earth people. Even on internet doing business for more than a decade, I've never found any Indian who've attacked me in ANY WAY. They're way loving and appreciating in every way they can for expecting nothing in return... Seriously.

In the end, I judge every individual by their act no matter what religion, cast, region he represents including my family members as well.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry to hear your situation. Wish you more prosper, hopefully even get higher buyer for your domains.

Goodluck RizM!
I am the buyer in this whole scenerio :)

•••
Sounds like you may be just bitter you did not get the domain you've been chasing for so long, now you want to let out some anger by calling someone a "racist".

There are a lot of legitimate reasons for certain citizens of certain countries not to do business with Pakistanis, which are financial and legal in nature. You can research it and accept that or you can just call people useless names like "racist" to make yourself a victim.

It's 2019, the word has been misused so many times it has little to no value anymore.

Besides, I bet you don't even know his race so how do you know it was "racism"? Could be xenophobia, which is still his prerogative and also a word that has lost any value.

It would be rich to find out he is Pakistani, too :ROFL:

Life sucks, we get it. Onward and upward.
Ofcourse i checked his complete profile ... i never deal with seller unless i dont check his profile and history before starting negotiation i do complete homework who is the seller and what he was doing and what he is doing now afterward what is his future plans..
I am not agry that i didnt get domain... i get more better names and this is not first time i had some same experiences in past but this time i really thought to share here with Npers..

•••
Great Story to share

You can't believe but in my country I would be put on "alert" if I had done singe transaction or picked up a call from your country.

I got scammed by many people from $1 to $200.

The last one who scammed me is American. He is member here still.

•••
Most probably the buyer seems to be not frequent domain buyer/seller so he doesn't understand the in/out of procedures. So possibly he's thinking by using Escrow.com, still it would be reflected that funds are coming from Pakistan and not U.S. Though I'm not defending the domain seller at all but as @Domains - Wanted said "That's not racism. That's stupidity on his part" which I totally agree.

Also I totally agree with @biggie.

To continue what biggie said, I would like to add something along with it. Honestly speaking, if someone wants to deal with me in Pakistan, I usually try to avoid if I'd to trust and deliver at first (anything) compare to anything dealing with West. I don't consider it racism but I consider calculating the probability of getting scammed from my region compare to West. I know and I feel more comfortable dealing with Western people because in my experience they're more trustworthy and I know of getting scammed in my country. Also I believe that every single Pakistani represents the entire nation and vice versa for every person of other nations. I feel ashamed when I hear that any Pakistani doing any wrongful activity no matter where he currently resides because I believe that person represents the entire nation and ruining everyone's reputation.

As far as my experience over a decade, I've not come across anyone who've openly attacked me on racism or even at the level of what happened with @Riz M. - But I've found many great people from all around the world and seriously I've found very helpful, nicest people more from rest of the world if I compare with my country people.

Most people on this planet are aware of tensions and hatred between people of Pakistan and India but I've always loved Indian people because I've lived with them for 10 years in Dubai and I found them very humble and down to earth people. Even on internet doing business for more than a decade, I've never found any Indian who've attacked me in ANY WAY. They're way loving and appreciating in every way they can for expecting nothing in return... Seriously.

In the end, I judge every individual by their act no matter what religion, cast, region he represents including my family members as well.
Completely agree and same here... but i started this thread just for knowing if anyone else experienced samething either as a buyer or seller.

•••
You can't believe but in my country I would be put on "alert" if I had done singe transaction or picked up a call from your country.

I got scammed by many people from $1 to $200.

The last one who scammed me is American. He is member here still.
Receiving call from Pk for you could be different story... but americans or european or australians i dont think so they would be also in alert... i think it was his own choice not to deal with Pakistan ..

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back