Impact
My rejected names
R e c y c l i f y
S q u a d T a s k
F e a t f u l
E x c e s i o r

Any thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
if bb cant sell signalboat? you have to almost prove them wrong and sell it? which proves them wrong or if you cant sell it? it proves them wright?

or? option 3? back to the search engine to find one that either they or you can sell?

•••
just had three of my brandables rejected by bb

windowcleen/com

dioup.com

bioue.com

•••
@platey I think there's too many vowels / how to pronounce? in the 2nd and 3rd names.

With the first one, I don't think BB accepts too many 2-word names with a misspelling.

•••
currently about 14 domain names submitted 0 accepted {its easier to create the next facebook than get a domain name accepted by bb

•••
I hear ya @Grilled. I didn't get the idea that they thought signal/boat was bad per se, they just haven't had much (if any) 'boat' sales on THEIR marketplace.

In the DNAcademy webinar with Krell, Mike Cyger showed Krell a list of BB accepted names. Mike C pointed out that he thought those weren't good names. MK explained that those type of names have sold in the past on their marketplace.

I think that when they are approving/rejecting names, that's one of the major things they consider - have we sold names with this keyword or that keyword before? Yes? No?

Anyway, the question remains: Should we seek BB acceptance in the first place, given all other factors? I guess that's going to have to be a personal decision that each individual has to make based on his/her situation.

How can they have much, if any, boat sales on their marketplace, if they are not offering them? Catch 22...

I searched for boat at BB right now. Here is what they are offering:

Boat.ly
BuzzBoat
GoldBoat

that is it! Excluding .ly, only 2 .coms out of 30500 names or 0.007% of their stock.
And it is not like they are crazy about ship too. Search for ship found just 11 names (excluding suffix -ship) which is not much, considering that ship also means send/dispatch.

•••
•••
My latest rejection:

W/a/l/l/e/t/i/c dot com

I thought this will be easily accepted.

•••
Surprised Retailerr didn't get accepted, have a few retail names on the site.

•••
Lomingo rejected. I thought it would be accepted.

•••
CouponCove rejected.
But HardCove (what the hell?), CrowdCove (kinda sucks, in my opinion), EnergyCove, and CouponCube are all published.
Byebye BrandBucket :xf.smile:

•••
CouponCove rejected.
But HardCove (what the hell?), CrowdCove (kinda sucks, in my opinion), EnergyCove, and CouponCube are all published.
Byebye BrandBucket :xf.smile:
Why bye bye? Seems they have enough coves already. Try again :)

•••
You're probably right, but I've only had one accepted, obaju.com, which I don't think is worth publishing.
Brandables might not be my thing :D

•••
You're probably right, but I've only had one accepted, obaju.com, which I don't think is worth publishing.
Brandables might not be my thing :D

You know you can send Krell an email asking for an explanation for why it was rejected right? I think his explanations help in general, whether you choose to list with them or not.

It may just be that 'coupon' and 'cove' domains aren't selling really well on BB. So, the reason it was rejected may/may not have anything to do with your ability to pick brandables. Throw the name up on GoDaddy premium or something and see if you get any takers.

•••
Most of the people register similar names that are already on bb ..this leaves the uniqueness of the names

Try something diff ..they simply want pronouncable and words with in 3 syllabels and to sound different from what they have

•••
I'm having very bad luck with BB.....sometimes I see there names that sound terribly bad, I got some accepted, but some others I believed were going to be accepted, such as Tasvo.com, ArmorIQ.com...I also submitted PivotZone.com, CastIQ.com, Blacco.com, Spaarta.com, Ariies.com, Tiessa.com, and some others....but at this point I'm not sure...

•••
It is said many times that BB rejection doesn't mean the domain is bad and doesn't have a value. You can sell these names at other marketplaces / your landing pages. For how many mostly depends how badly you have to sell, how urgently you need a money.
I sold some rejected names for XXX this year, all were hand regged and I'm not depressed when my domain is rejected at BB.
Lower quality ones I sell / resell for XX (at NP they couldn't fetch even $3 LOL)

•••
It is said many times that BB rejection doesn't mean the domain is bad and doesn't have a value. You can sell these names at other marketplaces / your landing pages. For how many mostly depends how badly you have to sell, how urgently you need a money.
I sold some rejected names for XXX this year, all were hand regged and I'm not depressed when my domain is rejected at BB.
Lower quality ones I sell / resell for XX (at NP they couldn't fetch even $3 LOL)

Where do you sell lower quality ones for XX?

•••
Where do you sell lower quality ones for XX?
Many places like GoDaddy, Flippa (classifieds), eBay... Not so fast as I would like, but I sell for higher prices BB rejects than currently here on NP BB accepted names. BIN and make offer/bin combos...

•••
Many places like GoDaddy, Flippa (classifieds), eBay... Not so fast as I would like, but I sell for higher prices BB rejects than currently here on NP BB accepted names. BIN and make offer/bin combos...

Thank you, I'll try Godaddy and eBay :)

•••
They just reject anuly.com. I still have spaacy.com and debuto.com in review. Palazu.com got accepted.

•••
They just reject anuly.com.

IMO it's too close to "anally" and they will always steer far clear of anything even remotely explicit.

•••
•••
•••
They rejected StatCop.com, PivotZone.com (which I was SURE they were going to accept), Spaarta.com, Ariies.com, Acuiva.com.......no matter what I send they always get rejected. I believe it might be better to try luck with a personal marketplace, or other venues. I still have other waiting, such as Macrofuse.com, Specttra.com, and some others but at this point I'm sure they might all be rejected. Maybe it's that they have too many names already, not sure.....but many of them are really annoying. Let's wait and see.

•••
@belmar313 I have noticed a few things in my short time with brandables

If you search BB, there are only 2 two-word domains ending with 'cop', so cop isn't too popular on their specific marketplace.

For Pivot Zone, this could just be me but I am a little unclear about how it'll be used for a business. Again, I still have a lot to learn so this could just be me.

For Spaarta and Ariies, I noticed that BB 'prefers' domains with the double letters at the end, although they do have many domains with the double letters in the middle. I think Keith DeBoer wrote an article on DNGeek about how to know where to place the double letters, and about knowing if the double letters changes the sound of the word. I'll see if I find it and post the link.

For Acuiva, the problem may be the pronounciation. Acu-e-va is a little awkward to me. Acuva may have been better.

Again, I am a novice when it comes to brandables. I've been studying though and this is totally my observation based on my studies.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back