Impact
My rejected names
R e c y c l i f y
S q u a d T a s k
F e a t f u l
E x c e s i o r

Any thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
one of the biggest brands in the world is recognised as 3 consonants- bmw {we might have heard of it?}

gkn ? 3 consonants two huge brands? manchester united and manchester city?

{cant be successful brands because the city {part of both teams names {brand} has 3 consonants in a row?

Can we stay in the same category, when discussing a subject?! We are discussing currently brandable pronounceables. LLL acronym brands is completely different beast. And yes, there are thousands of examples of them. As well as LLLL all consonant acronyms.

•••
Like I said you keep talking about WP but we are talking about brandables. Who cares about WPs.

The bottom line is F as the third letter in any 5L combination is crap unless it's part of an ending of a word like Gift or beginning like Flow. If there isn't a partial word used in the name it's junk. Period. Unless it's a name like Jiffy then F is gold but F in the third position of any BRANDABLE 5L that has nothing to do with an actual word is junk. All of this junk below is available if you want it. It's all pronounceable and some would say brandable but I say junk. I can come up with thousands like this. Third letter as an F in 5Ls is straight up garbage when it comes to pure brandables!!

Bifno
Difno
Fifno
Hifno
Kifno
Lifno
Mifno
Pifno
Qfno
Rifno
Vifno
Wifno
Yifno
Zifno
Bifnu
Difnu
Fifnu
Gifnu
Hifnu
Jifnu
Kifnu
Lifnu
Mifnu
Nifnu
Pifnu
Rifnu
Sifnu
Tifnu
Vifnu
Wifnu
Yifnu
Hifma
Jifma
Kifma
Qifma
Tifma
Vifma
Wifma
Yifma
Zifma

Why are you discussing Western Premiums if you don't know what Western Premiums mean?

•••
Like I said you keep talking about WP but we are talking about brandables. Who cares about WPs.

The bottom line is F as the third letter in any 5L combination is crap unless it's part of an ending of a word like Gift or beginning like Flow. If there isn't a partial word used in the name it's junk. Period. Unless it's a name like Jiffy then F is gold but F in the third position of any BRANDABLE 5L that has nothing to do with an actual word is junk. All of this junk below is available if you want it. It's all pronounceable and some would say brandable but I say junk. I can come up with thousands like this. Third letter as an F in 5Ls is straight up garbage when it comes to pure brandables!!

Bifno
Difno
Fifno
Hifno
Kifno
Lifno
Mifno
Pifno
Qfno
Rifno
Vifno
Wifno
Yifno
Zifno
Bifnu
Difnu
Fifnu
Gifnu
Hifnu
Jifnu
Kifnu
Lifnu
Mifnu
Nifnu
Pifnu
Rifnu
Sifnu
Tifnu
Vifnu
Wifnu
Yifnu
Hifma
Jifma
Kifma
Qifma
Tifma
Vifma
Wifma
Yifma
Zifma

i might be wrong but one of the worlds most desirable jewellery brands starts with a t {allegedly} and na {a chinese name}

•••
Can we stay in the same category, when discussing a subject?! We are discussing currently brandable pronounceables. LLL acronym brands is completely different beast. And yes, there are thousands of examples of them. As well as LLLL all consonant acronyms.

ironically as tifna was mentioned etc

famous jewellry company has tifna in it ? {but its not brandable?

•••
Why are you discussing Western Premiums if you don't know what Western Premiums mean?
I'm not going to sit here and give a western premium lesson when this is a brandable thread. For the fifth time we are not talking about western premiums. We are talking about brandables but then again you think NYCLY is a brandable when I and most here think it's far from it.

How about we agree to disagree and move on because this conversation is wasting my time.

•••
i'll put a brandable here soon

•••
Hi everybody,

Here's some of my rejected names:

Commoca//com
Pikkas//com
Capaxx//com
Telery//com
Kishky//com
Talismo//com
Vivinto//com

•••
I like Telery (place where tele- stuff is created), Talismo (great play on talisman), Vivinto. Commoca is nice too, imo, as "commercial" and "communications" are universally applicable.

•••
My last rejects

EstiCare

CubeBlast

any thoughts?

•••
my latest domain names rejected by bb

fiyna.com

dashcamrental.com

databarrister.com

ticketminutes.com

drivervideos.com

dataprotectionbarrister.com

samedaymetal.com

grocerytakeaway.com

•••
To say there are millions of other 5Ls is misleading. Yes, there are millions of 5Ls, but most of them don't fit the most desirable combos for branding.

Take tifna. If someone wants Western prem CVCCV pattern, there are only 35152 of those available.

And if you want all Western prem CVCCV or CVCVC or VCVCV pattern, there are only 81120 of those for the whole planet. That is it. And most of them, I am pretty sure, are already under use. Let's say half is available for sale, that still makes just around 40,000 names. Yes, they are even rarer commodity than a random LLLL.com and certainly easier to pronounce/communicate/remember than some LLLLs.

just bought bioue.com and dioup.com

which is more brandable from my following domains and why?

tifna.com fiyna.com bioue.com & dioup.com

•••
just bought bioue.com and dioup.com

which is more brandable from my following domains and why?

tifna.com fiyna.com bioue.com & dioup.com

oh and bought windowcleen.com too

•••
Not good choices, imo.
Even windowclean is not that good, mistype of that is waste of money.
dioup and bioue, as well as fiyna are not good buys either.

•••
Not good choices, imo.
Even windowclean is not that good, mistype of that is waste of money.
dioup and bioue, as well as fiyna are not good buys either.

no worries just wanted a second opinion

•••
Here's a few I thought may have made the mustard recently
Pronto/supply
Growth/gold
Idea/array
Tech/inquire
Profit/raker

•••
I had signal/boat rejected a few months ago

And I actually know why because I asked BB. I wanted to understand what they were looking for. The explanation helped imo. Although 'signal' is a good keyword, 'boat' isn't very popular. 'ship is better' is what I was told

Huge Domains actually owns signal/ship com. I can't speak for made-up words, but the advice I got was that if you're going for two-word brandables for BB, try to make sure that both words are popular, and that the domain is a fit for BB's marketplace (ie in a niche that is popular on their marketplace).

However, take note of the fact that @equity78 just wrote an article about BB-type names that are selling for more money on Sedo. I think that's something to think about.

http://tldinvestors.com/2016/06/a-look-at-some-brandbucket-type-sales-on-sedo-this-week.html (btw the delli dot com sale is probably related to the fact that delli is the Hindi pronunciation for Delhi). I talked about it in the DDSR on Zandibot.com (link in signature)

I admit that I only read the last page or two in this thread, so if the points I'm making have been mentioned prior, I apologize. Just wanted to share what was shared with me in hopes that it'll help someone else as I felt it helped me

Last edited:
•••
My recent BB rejects:
GrowthWallet
CobraBite
Fetero
Tadexo
Zenvaio
Finuba

•••
And I actually know why because I asked BB. I wanted to understand what they were looking for. The explanation helped imo. Although 'signal' is a good keyword, 'boat' isn't very popular. 'ship is better' is what I was told

Who said 'Boat' wasn't very popular? When I hear something like, 'boat' isn't very popular. 'ship is better' I question what is 'popular' and what is 'better' Yes, bb has more 'ship' domains than 'boat' domains, but NameBio has just enough 12 letter or less 'boat' .com sales as 'ship'

Huge Domains actually owns signal/ship com. I can't speak for made-up words, but the advice I got was that if you're going for two-word brandables for BB, try to make sure that both words are popular, and that the domain is a fit for BB's marketplace (ie in a niche that is popular on their marketplace).

Is Signal / Ship better than Signal / Boat? Granted, repeating first letter words such as brandbucket and Chucky Cheese are desirable, SignalShipRepair.com redirects to WorldMarine.com, and Signal/Ship.info/org/net are all developed... I don't mind the keyword boat for some brandables.

However, take note of the fact that @equity78 just wrote an article about BB-type names that are selling for more money on Sedo. I think that's something to think about.

http://tldinvestors.com/2016/06/a-look-at-some-brandbucket-type-sales-on-sedo-this-week.html (btw the delli dot com sale is probably related to the fact that delli is the Hindi pronunciation for Delhi). I talked about it in the DDSR on Zandibot.com (link in signature)

Well said!

Last edited:
•••
I hear ya @Grilled. I didn't get the idea that they thought signal/boat was bad per se, they just haven't had much (if any) 'boat' sales on THEIR marketplace.

In the DNAcademy webinar with Krell, Mike Cyger showed Krell a list of BB accepted names. Mike C pointed out that he thought those weren't good names. MK explained that those type of names have sold in the past on their marketplace.

I think that when they are approving/rejecting names, that's one of the major things they consider - have we sold names with this keyword or that keyword before? Yes? No?

Anyway, the question remains: Should we seek BB acceptance in the first place, given all other factors? I guess that's going to have to be a personal decision that each individual has to make based on his/her situation.

•••
I hear ya @Grilled. I didn't get the idea that they thought signal/boat was bad per se, they just haven't had much (if any) 'boat' sales on THEIR marketplace.

In the DNAcademy webinar with Krell, Mike Cyger showed Krell a list of BB accepted names. Mike C pointed out that he thought those weren't good names. MK explained that those type of names have sold in the past on their marketplace.

I think that when they are approving/rejecting names, that's one of the major things they consider - have we sold names with this keyword or that keyword before? Yes? No?

Anyway, the question remains: Should we seek BB acceptance in the first place, given all other factors? I guess that's going to have to be a personal decision that each individual has to make based on his/her situation.

good point

the persons opinion that matters in a brandable etc is wether the end user likes it enough to pay the pennies etc

but when we get to asking wether we seek acceptance from bb etc we are at the stage at where alternative websites are created to solve existing problems faced on other websites

which poses the question should a website be created to add all the brandables rejected by bb ?

only a single brandable that was rejected by bb and sold via a newly formed website is a sale that may not not have happened after being rejected by bb etc

•••

Of course Krell is going to say that names like that have sold in the past. He works for BB so what do you think he would say. That they suck?? :)

•••

I was hoping you'd suggest something like 'ship' as a verb has different meaning than boat as a noun. ie We will ship you package, not, we will boat your package.

It would be hard for them to have equal on THEIR marketplace when they favor 'ship' over 'boat'.

bb Published 'Ship' Domains: 10+ (Ship + Fully, ORA, ZO, ZA, ERY, PITY ect)

bb Published 'Boat' Domains: 3 (Boat.....ly | B***Boat.com | Gold + Boat.com)

Hmmm, I wish I attended the webinar. I have a been trying to get MK to answer my questions for months. He hasn't been around as much, and I was beginning to worry about him. I'm glad you hear from him, and he is alright.

Brandable domains are subjective. Of the two Boat .com's one is Margot's, and the other is B***Boat. 'Ship' might be a better keyword as a verb, sure. What about 'ship' vs 'boat' as nouns? In Poker, I wouldn't say I have a Full Ship, I would say I have a Full Boat. Why? IDK... FullHouse is a poker hand, and slang has over time developed into FullBoat.

Would you rather have, Brand/Boat.com? Brand/Ship.com? Or, neither?

Why Brand + Bucket? It works. You can reach into a brand bucket. Why not Bucket+popular suffix like IO? I'm not mad bb rejected Bucketio/com as it saved me from paying a listing fee, I'm just saying, keyword's are subjective as well, and though some keywords aren't strong enough to be paired with a suffix into a MUB, they can become brandable if paired with the proper secondary keyword.

Maybe bb has more 'ship' sales than I'm aware of. I'll do some digging. If there are, I'm going to assume they are related the the verb 'ship'... We'll see, more data = more fun!

Last edited:
•••
I was hoping you'd suggest something like 'ship' as a verb has different meaning than boat as a noun. ie We will ship you package, not, we will boat your package.

It would be hard for them to have equal on THEIR marketplace when they favor 'ship' over 'boat'.

bb Published Ship Domains: 10+ (Ship + Fully, ORA, ZO, ZA, ERY, PITY ect)

bb Published Boat Domains: 3 (Boat.....ly | B***Boat.com | Gold + Boat.com)

Hmmm, I wish I attended the webinar. I have a been trying to get MK to answer my questions for months. He hasn't been around as much, and I was beginning to worry about him. I'm glad you hear from him, and he is alright.

Brandable domains are subjective. Of the two Boat .com's one is Margot's, and the other is B***Boat. 'Ship' might be a better keyword as a verb, sure. What about 'ship' vs 'boat' as nouns? In Poker, I wouldn't say I have a Full Ship, I would say I have a Full Boat. Why? IDK... FullHouse is a poker hand, and slang has over time developed into FullBoat.

Would you rather have, Brand/Boat.com? Brand/Ship.com? Or, neither?

Why Brand + Bucket? It works. You can reach into a brand bucket. Why not Bucket+popular suffix like IO? I'm not mad bb rejected Bucketio/com as it saved me from paying a listing fee, I'm just saying, keyword's are subjective as well, and though some keywords aren't strong enough to be paired with a suffix into a MUB, they can become brandable if paired with the proper secondary keyword.

Maybe bb has more 'ship' sales than I'm aware of. I'll do some digging. If there are, I'm going to assume they are related the the verb 'ship'... We'll see, more data = more fun!
I think you're looking into it way to deep. Since SignalShip is an alliteration it just sounds better then SignalBoat which sounds like crap. I think their response was based solely off of which sounded better at that one moment when they answered the question.

•••
I think you're looking into it way to deep. Since SignalShip is an alliteration it just sounds better then SignalBoat which sounds like crap.

Thanks. My point wasn't to define which is better. I'm simply questioning why is one better. Educational conversations like this tend to help me gain a greater understanding of the industry. I appreciate your feedback.

I think their response was based solely off of which sounded better at that one moment when they answered the question.

Agreed.

•••
Thanks. My point wasn't to define which is better. I'm simply questioning why is one better. Educational conversations like this tend to help me gain a greater understanding of the industry. I appreciate your feedback.

Agreed.
If both word options work and one is an alliteration and one is not than the alliteration will always be better. An alliteration can make even the worst combination of words work well together.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back