Impact
My rejected names
R e c y c l i f y
S q u a d T a s k
F e a t f u l
E x c e s i o r

Any thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had S q u a d F u n d rejected too, not a fan of "squad" names i guess (;

•••
•••
My rejected names
R e c y c l i f y
S q u a d T a s k
F e a t f u l
E x c e s i o r

Any thoughts?

IMO... adding any suffix to words that end with 'e' is very hard, unless your doing 'ery' or 'ette' or 'esque'. In your case 'Recycle' by dropping the 'e' it makes it hard on the eyes and confusing to read.

TaskSquad would have been accepted 100% but it feel awkward to say SquadTask.

'Feat' with the suffix ful...I kinda understand where you were going with this one, but at the same time, I hardly ever hear anyone say the word feat... unless they are saying defeat.

Excesior is the most odd to me. Remember BB is looking for just 1(one) letter to be changed from the original word, or they want a popular suffix (one that properly works with the root word).

If your gonna submit what i call 'DomainAffix' (suffix and prefix) type names, its always a good idea to do a little high school grammar research as it will help your understanding of which suffix works best with which type of root words.

Just my opinion..

Last edited:
•••
Hi Everyone,

I hope you all are doing well.

If you have BB rejects that you'd like me to comment on please don't hesitate to ask.

I'm not a super expert, but I do have a pretty high acceptance rate and I'm willing to help.

•••
•••
Hi Everyone,

I hope you all are doing well.

If you have BB rejects that you'd like me to comment on please don't hesitate to ask.

I'm not a super expert, but I do have a pretty high acceptance rate and I'm willing to help.

Thanks, I'd love to hear your thoughts on any of these .com's that were recently rejected.

Flaveo
TheFundry
FreshClosets
Profitmates
Quidzy
Mappsee
DataWallets
Choppey
Lynkly
Stakit

•••
Thanks, I'd love to hear your thoughts on any of these .com's that were recently rejected.

Flaveo
TheFundry
FreshClosets
Profitmates
Quidzy
Mappsee
DataWallets
Choppey
Lynkly
Stakit

Some of those are pretty good. I really like Quidzy, maybe BB didn't know it means £1.

•••
Flaveo - ok, but i'm thinking flavio would be better
TheFundry - interesting, i guess BB has a few, literally few though, names with the "The" word at the beginning, "fundry" would be better though, but even then it almost reminds me of fund dry
FreshClosets - narrow end buyer
Profitmates - also seems a little narrow, i'm thinking it would be a dating site for business professionals
Quidzy - this one I actually like, although it could be spelled sy, maybe you could sell to the British market
Mappsee - mispelling and many spelling variations with sy, zy
DataWallets - This is kind of interesting but the plural doesn't help it
Choppey - Mispelling of choppy
Lynkly - lynk would be good ofc, and linkly, but lynkly isn't too great
Stakit - mispelling

Overall, I wouldn't buy so many misspelled words.

•••
Some of those are pretty good. I really like Quidzy, maybe BB didn't know it means £1.
I wondered that myself. But in retrospect I think I can sell it for more outside of BB. I have a couple ongoing conversations around it.

•••
Overall, I wouldn't buy so many misspelled words.

Thanks. The fact that they were misspellings was by accident as I just grabbed 10 names that I personally liked and as you pointed out they just happened to be misspellings. Interestingly, I don't even look at spelling with purpose. I go more by phonetics and roots, which has generally worked very well for me. Spelling(or misspelling) is probably a tertiary factor in my decision. I run every domain I buy through BB, even if I don't expect it to be brandable. I view it as a filter and occasionally it catches one I didn't expect.

I think what you illustrate is that misspellings are not as desirable if you want to list on BB.

Edit - I went back and looked at all my names that have been accepted at BB, and not one was a misspelling. So yours was a very good observation.

•••
Thanks man,
I think where a misspelling would work would be if the name was really short like lyft or epik or a really valuable kw.

•••
Recent .com Rejects:
winkage
newnovo
cyberpathy
shnoz
futurance
guardexa
techniguide
rapidpleasure
kertzi
cyclotics

•••
Recent .com Rejects:
winkage
newnovo
cyberpathy
shnoz
futurance
guardexa
techniguide
rapidpleasure
kertzi
cyclotics

If you don't mind, here are my thoughts:

Most important question you need to be serious about is: What business industry would honestly want this name?

winkage... Dating? Also Wink + Age(years old) is odd. But i bet your you were going for Winkage like Package or Storage. I think a more popular suffix like Winksy or Winkify would work better.

newnovo... if your going for a single word MadeUpBrandable(MUB) this is too long and wrong letter combo. Newovo, Newvo, or NewNova would have been better. New Nova would be 2 word brandable tho

cyberpathy.... The 'y' kills it. CyberPath is a KILLER name! But 'Pathy' on its own is Killer too.

shnoz...very hard to pronounce. missing a vowel. shonoz or Snoz but the h against the n is the hang up.

futurance...hmmm future + entrance is the first thing my eyes saw. Very hard 'sell'... but an interesting one.

guardexa... Guardx or Guardex or Guardza would be better ... the extra a at the end seems a little long

techniguide...TechGuide, even TechnoGuide, I have submitted names like this that always got denied, 'techy' also gets denied for me also.

rapidpleasure... Too 'adult'

kertzi.. Not bad.. Makes me think of Hertz... Kertzy would be a tad better

cyclotics... Very futuristic! But kinda hard to say.... whats the root word..cyclone? cycloid? Also I have only had 1 domain accepted with a plural

Just my opinion! But maybe it will help!

•••
I submitted a few WORD+animal that I thought could be good brandables. But its a big failure.
What are your thoughts on them?

FixBird
CarFrog
MagicBull
FormFish
SharpHawk

I will definitely stop registering those WORD+animal pattern names.

•••
I like FormFish the best just because of the alliteration, but it is still not super great. FormFresh would be better, but is still a little narrow.

•••
Agree with you, Hookbox.
Still, one of my recent BB's rejects is conneect com so they don't follow your (sound) logic.

•••
Agree with you, Hookbox.
Still, one of my recent BB's rejects is conneect com so they don't follow your (sound) logic.
Dropping letters or switching letters works better than adding letters most of the time unless it's a very short word. Conneect changes the whole pronunciation of the word but changing Connect to Connekt works very well or even shorter with Conect, Conekt and even Coneqt. Subtracting letters always works better than adding unless it's a very short word where if you add a letter it doesn't become longer then 7 or 8 letters. Jump changed to Jummp is great because it's only 5 letters. The key also is to be able to add a letter but not changed the pronunciation of the word. You also have to be careful if you add a letter because if you add it in the wrong spot it becomes junk. Jummp is good, Juump, Jumpp or Jjump not so good. It has to visually look good also. Also when changing the spelling of words try to change only one character. If you change more than one character most of the time it becomes hard for the consumer to remember the spelling.

•••
Recent .com Rejects:
winkage
newnovo
cyberpathy
shnoz
futurance
guardexa
techniguide
rapidpleasure
kertzi
cyclotics
Kertzi.com is an excellent name-no idea why it was turned down other than they have another like it. If so-look and see who owns it-there lay your answer perhaps.

•••
I submitted a few WORD+animal that I thought could be good brandables. But its a big failure.
What are your thoughts on them?

FixBird
CarFrog
MagicBull
FormFish
SharpHawk

I will definitely stop registering those WORD+animal pattern names.

I don't think these are any good. They just don't make sense to me. Animal names need to be fun, cute, clever or witty for businesses to adopt them as a company name or brand. Yours are more strange, a bit awkward perhaps (imo).

I've been doing quite well with these types of names and sold:

ShowCat.com (on BR)
FoxPaw.com (3,500 on Afternic)
LionCub.com (BB)
StartFox.com (BB)

Last edited:
•••
Some rejections in the last couple of weeks:

ukome
amicalia (from Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and Latin words for Friend)
BigIllusion
DestinationYesterday (way too long but still like it)

Lessons I should get from them?

Thanks for your help!

•••

ukome
BigIllusion

Thanks for your help!

This is just feedback.

Ukome : Negative connotations. I think "You Come". I don't think a company would like to be called that.

Amicalia: I like the sound of it, but it is too long and too obscure to have any relevant meaning in english.

BigIllusion: Again. Negative. If you heard those words spoken it would probably be in a negative context. "It's just a big illusion".

DestinationYesterday: I can't envision a company discovering that they must name themselves that. Long. "DestinationNow" would be shorter and catchier.

Just opinions.

•••

ukome
BigIllusion

Thanks for your help!
We had CloudyOutlook.com turned down by BB -it sold in two weeks on Flippa-so you never know. Good luck.

•••
This is just feedback.

Ukome : Negative connotations. I think "You Come". I don't think a company would like to be called that.

Amicalia: I like the sound of it, but it is too long and too obscure to have any relevant meaning in english.

BigIllusion: Again. Negative. If you heard those words spoken it would probably be in a negative context. "It's just a big illusion".

DestinationYesterday: I can't envision a company discovering that they must name themselves that. Long. "DestinationNow" would be shorter and catchier.

Just opinions.

Yeah, didn't notice the "You come" thing until a couple of days later. I just thought about the UK begining and the overall pronunciation and stupidly missed that. :)

Agree DestinationNow would be fantastic. But thought of Yesterday for some kind of antique business, or classic collecting (records, classic cars) or auction house. Can't really tell why, but I like it and still have hope to find a buyer who likes it too.

I do like Amicalia too. It sounds great to me, maybe because of my first language. I guess it may make more sense to try to reach an Italian, French, Spanish or Portuguese buyer who'll easily make the connection with the root word.

Thanks for your thoughts.

•••
I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why DebitKard has been rejected. Any help please?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back