Impact
My rejected names
R e c y c l i f y
S q u a d T a s k
F e a t f u l
E x c e s i o r

Any thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Recent rejects:

stramex
beeplet

•••
Hi Nat,

Contains "Ever" (infinity, stable, lasting)
Contains "Eve" (beginning, start, purity)

Word Implies: Evolution, Evolve, Convert, Conversion

Branding similarity with Athleta? I'm sure there are more.

Evert is an English dictiony word which falls in step with these connotions meaning "to turn from inside out"

Rolls off the tongue with soft but strong "E" sound and could be pronnounced EE-VER-TAH or EVER-TA so maybe it doesn't pass the radio test but I like it!

cheers
SLC

You are right. But playing the devils advocate......... it also has the flavor of 'revert' and 'avert' which have a somewhat negative connotation. Brandables are very subjective.

•••
Last names rejected:

SpeedBio.com

DigiLogik.com

UbiSync.com

BuckStage.com

Vapilogy.com

With a couple a couple of these I'm really surprised

Any thoughts?

SpeedBio.com -- Short, easy to say and spell. It sounds nice too. Probably why you picked it. But....not sure what it means. Fast biographies? or Quick physiology?

DigiLogik.com -- DigiLogic would have been accepted. The "k" is the problem.

UbiSync.com -- Not sure what Ubi means. UberSync might be accepted but Ubi is a bit off.

BuckStage.com -- Buck meaning dollar I assume. Not sure dollars go through stages and if they did what industry that would apply to?

Vapilogy.com -- In my experience BB is not fond of brands ending in "ology" which means: subject of study. The study of Vapes? BB also seems to shy away from names associated with the marijuana industry.

•••
Fore/Focus
Fore/Seek
Shield/Direct

Thanks

•••
I'm still pretty new to BB, but I'm working myself slowly up to a decent acceptance rate as I understand the market more and more. 9 of my last 19 submissions have been accepted, but fortunately I feel good enough about all the rejects to not regret having registered them. Here they are:

DealFacile - I think the French kills it, since the word isn't as commonly known.

Documighty - "Mighty" likely isn't relevant enough to be mixed with a so-so keyword like "document".

FledgeLink - Two real words, but Fledglink would be better. Also sounds a bit clunky with the "k" sound at the end.

Eneroot - I was thinking "root of energy" but I think it comes across as more of a plant brand.

Spinstant - This one surprised me most. I thought it would work well as a social media site or news outlet, but perhaps it doesn't roll off the tongue well enough.

Unitively - Real dictionary word meaning to do something in a manner that unites. Perhaps difficult to brand around?

Kickstartt - I thought the term was strong enough to get away with the double T, but apparently not.

FireBux - As @Keith DeBoer said, tough to squeeze in those two word misspellings.

Bucaroos - I liked it as a kids product brand, or anything to do with money. Radio test could be the issue here, with so many variations: buckaroos, buccaroos, bucarroos, bukaroos, etc. I think the plural may have hurt it as well.

Ethnify - Based on "ethnic". Makes a cool social or clothing brand, I thought. Upon further reflection, I think the market for it might be too narrow, and basing a brand on "ethnic" might not be a popular choice.

Still happy with most of these names, and certainly not wanting to dump them cheap, but I'm definitely learning with every submission.

•••
Tut/oka -- Personally, I try to stay away from U in the first syllable whenever possible. It has two pronunciations oo and uh. So there is ambiguity for one thing. IE is it pronounced tutt or toot? The uh sound is associated with words like yuck and ugh. Its a nice CVCVCV pattern but it's a bit hard to say with a different vowel sound in all three syllables. Also all three consonants are hard sounds and softer names like Valaro or Lavelo are easier to say and more pleasing to the ear.

Thanks for your thoughts!

The rest are a bit clearer about keyword / meaning. Regarding T·u·t·o·k·a, my main thought was to relate it to tutorials, and can be also related to Judoka. So... a good name for a black belt in tutorials maybe? ;)

Thanks also for your ideas on repeating letters. I bought three or four of them, H·y·d·d·r·o was my first attempt. I really liked it though, still do in fact. But I may have to review some of my ideas cosidering the tips you wrote.

Thanks again.

•••
Thanks for your thoughts!

The rest are a bit clearer about keyword / meaning. Regarding T·u·t·o·k·a, my main thought was to relate it to tutorials, and can be also related to Judoka. So... a good name for a black belt in tutorials maybe? ;)

Thanks also for your ideas on repeating letters. I bought three or four of them, H·y·d·d·r·o was my first attempt. I really liked it though, still do in fact. But I may have to review some of my ideas cosidering the tips you wrote.

Thanks again.

You are very welcome. Keep in mind that a rejection from BB is not the end of the world. There are other options if you really believe in the name. You can submit it to other brandable marketplaces, list it on Afternic, Sedo etc., try to find an end user and so on.

•••
I'm still pretty new to BB, but I'm working myself slowly up to a decent acceptance rate as I understand the market more and more. 9 of my last 19 submissions have been accepted, but fortunately I feel good enough about all the rejects to not regret having registered them. Here they are:

Still happy with most of these names, and certainly not wanting to dump them cheap, but I'm definitely learning with every submission.

Nice work, you are learning from your rejections! That's the way to do it! Here are a few more thoughts:

DealFacile - Facile is a little know word and is not spelled like it sounds

Documighty - Yep, document is not a very strong keyword and this is an awkward blend. When is the last time you heard someone refer to a doc as mighty?

FledgeLink - No synergy here. In my experience 'sound alike' names are rarely accepted.

Eneroot - Its the 'e'. Enroot would have a much better chance have been accepted.

Unitively - Too many syllables and hard to spell

Kickstartt - Double letters on single words is often accepted. Double letters on two word domain is almost always rejected.

Bucaroos - Buckaroos would be a super kids brand but this is just a misspelling of that term.

Ethnify - International is a good keyword (long but good) However, ethnic, is not and I'm not sure what industry it would apply to.

Tip: Before you reg or buy, do a search of BB's 30,000 names for each keyword or sound. If you don't find it, don't reg it or buy it.

•••
Fore/Focus
Fore/Seek
Shield/Direct

Thanks
ForeFocus -- Alliteration. I like it. I think this would be accepted at BR or Namerific. Also feels familiar (Ford Focus?)
ForeSeek -- Awkward. Not the same synergy as ForeFocus which alludes to forethought.
ShieldDirect -- Two powerful keywords but they don't match up as well as they should. However, I think this would be accepted at BR and Namerific or it could be listed on GD Prem, Afternic etc. and you might get a hit at $495 to $995.

•••
I've gone from 5% to 25% recently so getting better.
Probably the two I was surprised about recently were:
TwoSparks
SweetsPalace
Although the sweets palace I can agree is very specific.
One older one I thought might have slotted in purely for the way it rolls off the tongue:
Debtstruction
however maybe it sounded like destruction too much.
Not too bad they got accepted by another market.

•••
•••

DealFacile - I think the French kills it, since the word isn't as commonly known.

Documighty - "Mighty" likely isn't relevant enough to be mixed with a so-so keyword like "document".

FledgeLink - Two real words, but Fledglink would be better. Also sounds a bit clunky with the "k" sound at the end.

Eneroot - I was thinking "root of energy" but I think it comes across as more of a plant brand.

Spinstant - This one surprised me most. I thought it would work well as a social media site or news outlet, but perhaps it doesn't roll off the tongue well enough.

Unitively - Real dictionary word meaning to do something in a manner that unites. Perhaps difficult to brand around?

Kickstartt - I thought the term was strong enough to get away with the double T, but apparently not.

FireBux - As @Keith DeBoer said, tough to squeeze in those two word misspellings.

Bucaroos - I liked it as a kids product brand, or anything to do with money. Radio test could be the issue here, with so many variations: buckaroos, buccaroos, bucarroos, bukaroos, etc. I think the plural may have hurt it as well.

Ethnify - Based on "ethnic". Makes a cool social or clothing brand, I thought. Upon further reflection, I think the market for it might be too narrow, and basing a brand on "ethnic" might not be a popular choice.

KickStartt.com is a great name for a VC or Funding company. You might want to ask Julia over there at BB to reconsider that name. I'd also check to see if they have anything like it listed and if they do-who owns it. Good luck.

•••
KickStartt.com is a great name for a VC or Funding company. You might want to ask Julia over there at BB to reconsider that name. I'd also check to see if they have anything like it listed and if they do-who owns it. Good luck.

Sounds awesome... but I don't know how to reach anyone at BB, being that I'm quite new. :) Is it bad form for a relative newcomer to ask for second looks?

•••
Nice work, you are learning from your rejections! That's the way to do it! Here are a few more thoughts:

DealFacile - Facile is a little know word and is not spelled like it sounds

Documighty - Yep, document is not a very strong keyword and this is an awkward blend. When is the last time you heard someone refer to a doc as mighty?

FledgeLink - No synergy here. In my experience 'sound alike' names are rarely accepted.

Eneroot - Its the 'e'. Enroot would have a much better chance have been accepted.

Unitively - Too many syllables and hard to spell

Kickstartt - Double letters on single words is often accepted. Double letters on two word domain is almost always rejected.

Bucaroos - Buckaroos would be a super kids brand but this is just a misspelling of that term.

Ethnify - International is a good keyword (long but good) However, ethnic, is not and I'm not sure what industry it would apply to.

Tip: Before you reg or buy, do a search of BB's 30,000 names for each keyword or sound. If you don't find it, don't reg it or buy it.

Keith, thanks for taking the time to give me all that feedback. Great stuff to know going forward!

•••
TwoSparks

Great name - lot's of developed endusers!

upload_2016-5-27_20-14-26.png

•••
Sounds awesome... but I don't know how to reach anyone at BB, being that I'm quite new. :) Is it bad form for a relative newcomer to ask for second looks?
Not at all Julia is very nice and helpful. Just email [email protected] att: Julia

•••
Great name - lot's of developed endusers!

Show attachment 31580

I like it too. BB has bias against plurals, even very valuable ones. They also don't like numbers, even written as a word. Of course, they claim they are bad brandables, while just driving around you'll see that they are popular among active businesses.

It is case of trying really hardly to push one's perception to become a reality. But $2.4MM company is just a drop in an ocean and cannot really redefine anything, especially with no fundamentals behind the push.

•••
Wouldnt it be nice if BB could list all their rejected domains 'somewhere' on their site or on a blog so the same domains are not re-submitted by other domainers.

This would save a lot of time, money, effort and disappointment.

•••
Wouldnt it be nice if BB could list all their rejected domains 'somewhere' on their site or on a blog so the same domains are not re-submitted by other domainers.

This would save a lot of time, money, effort and disappointment.
Agree,
Or even flag them on the submissi
on page when you enter them.

•••
SpeedBio.com -- Short, easy to say and spell. It sounds nice too. Probably why you picked it. But....not sure what it means. Fast biographies? or Quick physiology?

DigiLogik.com -- DigiLogic would have been accepted. The "k" is the problem.

UbiSync.com -- Not sure what Ubi means. UberSync might be accepted but Ubi is a bit off.

BuckStage.com -- Buck meaning dollar I assume. Not sure dollars go through stages and if they did what industry that would apply to?

Vapilogy.com -- In my experience BB is not fond of brands ending in "ology" which means: subject of study. The study of Vapes? BB also seems to shy away from names associated with the marijuana industry.

Ubi is "Where" in latin

Thanks @Keith DeBoer

•••
•••
•••
They just moved in Z.Y.P.S.Y.

Ok, now, that one vs. rejected N.Y.C.L.Y.

I'd take the latter (mine, actually) any time, as it is meaningful (NYC=New York City, LY = something attributable to it).

The former, on the other hand, is confusing, meaningless, has both z and s which makes remembering it a hell, as well as explaining it. Acronymizing it is virtually impossible too.

BB will tell you that the name has to roll of the tongue and has to be short.

Here is one roller-shorter for you:

R.A.P.I.D/L.Y.T.I.C.S

Oh, here is another "amazing" admission for today.

O.R.G.A.N.I.C.I.S.T

What is that even??! -ist after -ic?! What happened to BB saving money by rejecting names that don't make sense?! Not speaking of what becomes with "c" there, is it "s" sound now or "k"?

My quite clean -ist name rejected by BB: U.N.I.T.I.S.T. Got contacted by buyer shortly thereafter and sold. Clean, nice, meaningful. BB is not really interested in good names. Those are worst for them. As they might take potential sales from others. They don't mind really great names of course, but they will take really bad ones from some.

•••
They just moved in Z.Y.P.S.Y.

Ok, now, that one vs. rejected N.Y.C.L.Y.

ZYP 5L = 2 syllables Zip/sy with 2 Y's is border line IMO
NYC 5L = 4 syllables unless it's pronounced Nic-ly
O.R.G.A.N.I.C.I.S.T

What is that even??! -ist after -ic?! What happened to BB saving money by rejecting names that don't make sense?! Not speaking of what becomes with "c" there, is it "s" sound now or "k"?

I actually really like this domain. It took some extra explaining, but when I thought about it, it made sense. Our difference in opinion is a token of how subjective brandable domains are and/or is a testament to what a good description can do for a domain in terms of approval.

My quite clean -ist name rejected by BB: U.N.I.T.I.S.T. Got contacted by buyer shortly thereafter and sold. Clean, nice, meaningful. BB is not really interested in good names. Those are worst for them. As they might take potential sales from others. They don't mind really great names of course, but they will take really bad ones from some.

I'm not sure this is the place to be discussing BB domains added VS BB rejects. I can't tell if this is a conversation for the BB rejects thread, or a new thread all together.

No disrespect intended. It's just these type of posts have been reported a lot lately. Sometimes domain owners are offended when they see one of their domains criticized, and this can lead to an off-topic conversation. I was briefly offended when my domains were called out, even though, they weren't my domains anymore. We can debate my domains in another thread, if anybody wants to. The point is, let's not lose sight of the issues at hand.

Last edited:
•••
submitted 11 domains to BB never used them before as new to domains etc but all 11 domains are .com

i am not to fussed if they dont accept them as more than happy to sit on them

but would like to experience the bb way of selling domains so that i know for one if the domains i find are brandable etc and or sellable

found quite a few 5 letter .coms today but for anyone who knows how to find domains etc from databases etc it is very evident that the 4 letter .coms are all but bought and the 5 letter .coms are being stripped like locusts from registrars

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back