Impact
My rejected names
R e c y c l i f y
S q u a d T a s k
F e a t f u l
E x c e s i o r

Any thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well here are all my BB rejected ones

mubico
kirwo
apelly
imiiv
abaasa
fugex
kabumo
ileemo
limisu
lihex
rimeb
lilul

and many others I since sold

•••
I had these rejected in 2014:
Load Crowd - I was thinking load as in load a truck or load a card (like visa 'load and go') so load crowd could be a social marketing or crowd funding site.
U.r.k.e.t - Mixing of 'up' and 'market'. Easy to confuse with erket.
O.p.l.o.r.e - Mash up of 'open' and 'explore'. The beginning is a bit awkward to pronounce.
Zimple Tech - definitely 2 words ;). Probably a bit of a stretch with the Z on the word simple.

I can see the relative shortcomings of all of them, but if I had submitted them today - do you think they would get accepted? I'd probably bet on load crowd, unless that niche is too overcrowded (pun very much intended).

•••
mubico
kirwo
apelly
imiiv
abaasa
fugex
kabumo
ileemo
limisu
lihex
rimeb
lilul

I think BrandBucket did you a favor by rejecting these domains, and not asking you for a listing fee. Maybeeee, the first domain M/u/b/i/c/o could have been accepted if they really wanted your listing fee, but even then, it's just another CVCVCV in the sea of other 29,000+ exclusive domains.

and many others I since sold

Did you sell them as BrandBucket rejected domains, or did you not mention that part to your buyer?

I had these rejected in 2014:
Load Crowd - I was thinking load as in load a truck or load a card (like visa 'load and go') so load crowd could be a social marketing or crowd funding site.
U.r.k.e.t - Mixing of 'up' and 'market'. Easy to confuse with erket.
O.p.l.o.r.e - Mash up of 'open' and 'explore'. The beginning is a bit awkward to pronounce.
Zimple Tech - definitely 2 words ;). Probably a bit of a stretch with the Z on the word simple.

I can see the relative shortcomings of all of them, but if I had submitted them today - do you think they would get accepted? I'd probably bet on load crowd, unless that niche is too overcrowded (pun very much intended).

Thanks for joining the conversation. My favorite of the batch is Load Crowd, but as you can see from my previous posts, I focus on made up brandable domains. I would have accepted it, but I wonder, is Crowd Load a better form? This is my problem with keyword domains, and often times I end up buying both forms if available. Perhaps, @Azwan Asban or @stellarname can give their opinion. To my knowledge, they both have very good keyword acceptance rates. As far as the made up words, I would accept yours before I accept @Abdullah Abdullah mentioned made up brandables. This is nothing against your domains @Abdullah Abdullah , just my opinion to this healthy bb reject debate.

•••
I think BrandBucket did you a favor by rejecting these domains, and not asking you for a listing fee. Maybeeee, the first domain M/u/b/i/c/o could have been accepted if they really wanted your listing fee, but even then, it's just another CVCVCV in the sea of other 29,000+ exclusive domains.

Did you sell them as BrandBucket rejected domains, or did you not mention that part to your buyer?

Thanks for joining the conversation. My favorite of the batch is Load Crowd, but as you can see from my previous posts, I focus on made up brandable domains. I would have accepted it, but I wonder, is Crowd Load a better form? This is my problem with keyword domains, and often times I end up buying both forms if available. Perhaps, @Azwan Asban or @stellarname can give their opinion. To my knowledge, they both have very good keyword acceptance rates. As far as the made up words, I would accept yours before I accept @Abdullah Abdullah mentioned made up brandables. This is nothing against your domains @Abdullah Abdullah , just my opinion to this healthy bb reject debate.

Thanks . These will sell cause some of them have meanings in other languages. The ones I sold I did not advertise and sokw of these are accepted by Namerific.

•••
Thanks . These will sell cause some of them have meanings in other languages. The ones I sold I did not advertise and sokw of these are accepted by Namerific.

Ahhh, so you haven't reduced yourself to one brandable marketplace. Good to hear!

Out of curiosity, which ones were accepted to Namerific?

•••
Ahhh, so you haven't reduced yourself to one brandable marketplace. Good to hear!

Out of curiosity, which ones were accepted to Namerific?
Like Kirwo :)

•••
Like Kirwo :)

Nice! Did they accept it for free or did they charge you a listing fee? Are you going to further market your domain by listing it with other maketplaces like Sedo or AfterNic as well?

•••
@The_General I think there's a decent chance LoadCrowd could be accepted if you resubmit it. The two words aren't particularly related to one another, but they're both words BB often accepts. The rest of your names... probably not. Zimply tech doesn't have a chance. Urket- maybe. Oplore- not likely.

•••
@The_General I think there's a decent chance LoadCrowd could be accepted if you resubmit it. The two words aren't particularly related to one another, but they're both words BB often accepts. The rest of your names... probably not. Zimply tech doesn't have a chance. Urket- maybe. Oplore- not likely.

I agree with all of that. The biggest problem with load crowd is that I think I'm the only one that sees that as making sense as a vertical around createcrowd or buildcrowd!

•••
Nice! Did they accept it for free or did they charge you a listing fee? Are you going to further market your domain by listing it with other maketplaces like Sedo or AfterNic as well?
No listing fees.They accepted many and like 3 they accepted but only if listing fees are paid. No Sedo or Afternic listings so far

•••
Here are some of my latest rejections:

T·U·T·O·K·A
M·E·M·O·D·R·O·I·D
F·A·S·T·E·S·T·P·H·O·N·E
H·Y·D·D·R·O

As always, all thoughts and opinions are welcome ;)

•••
I'm not a mind reader but here are some things that might have come into play:

Tut/oka -- Personally, I try to stay away from U in the first syllable whenever possible. It has two pronunciations oo and uh. So there is ambiguity for one thing. IE is it pronounced tutt or toot? The uh sound is associated with words like yuck and ugh. Its a nice CVCVCV pattern but it's a bit hard to say with a different vowel sound in all three syllables. Also all three consonants are hard sounds and softer names like Valaro or Lavelo are easier to say and more pleasing to the ear.
Memo/droid -- Although there are some names ending in 'droid' on BB they are generally priced low which means they are considered somewhat undesirable. I can't think of a single company or startup that has a brand with droid in it. Are there any? Also does this droid take memos? Or is it a memory droid? BB prefers names that sound and feel techy but have a wide range of applications. This one doesn't seem to fit that criteria.
Fastest/Phone -- Too specific and too descriptive. It sounds like a generic domain rather a brandable.
Hyd/dro -- Double letters are very popular. That's an upcoming topic for my blog. In my observations consanants are only doubled up at the end of a word like grocerr. Otherwise it's strictly vowels (including Y) and its preferred on the first syllable (Riiver) or the second if its the long vowel sound (Retiire). The added D in Hyd/dro makes it sound like Hid-dro instead of hy-dro. If you had submitted Hyydro it's very likely it would have been accepted.

I hope that's helpful.

Cheers!

Last edited:
•••
@Keith DeBoer

What about

KernelFox
Feesly

I regged a couple of days ago and they are rejected. I expected the first but not the second.

•••
Kernel/Fox has issues with kernel not being a strong keyword and not having any synergy with fox. You can see that.
Feesly is a nice 6 letter name. It passes the radio test and it's easy to say and pretty easy to remember. It was probably a borderline rejection. If I'm nit picky I could guess at some possible reasons for that.
  1. It sounds like beasley which is a surname and a dog in a cartoon. So a little bit of a unexciting feel to it.
  2. Are there businesses that concern themselves with fees? I suppose there probably are in the payment industry, banking etc. It could be a company or app that saves consumers money on fees. But it's very specific. Too specific probably.
Despite all the talk about BB taking just any name it's not true. They are quite selective. Especially compared to other brandable marketplaces which accept many of BB's rejects. In my experience, despite their very large inventory they do value their shelf space and they won't publish a name unless they feel it has a good chance of selling. If a name is too specific in terms of its industry application then the chance of a sale is very, very low and they will reject those kinds of names. In the end it's a service to the seller as he/she wont' waste money on publication and renewal fees.

Anyway those are my thoughts...... I hope they are of some value.

Best wishes,

Keith

•••
Kernel/Fox has issues with kernel not being a strong keyword and not having any synergy with fox. You can see that.
Feesly is a nice 6 letter name. It passes the radio test and it's easy to say and pretty easy to remember. It was probably a borderline rejection. If I'm nit picky I could guess at some possible reasons for that.
  1. It sounds like beasley which is a surname and a dog in a cartoon. So a little bit of a unexciting feel to it.
  2. Are there businesses that concern themselves with fees? I suppose there probably are in the payment industry, banking etc. It could be a company or app that saves consumers money on fees. But it's very specific. Too specific probably.
Despite all the talk about BB taking just any name it's not true. They are quite selective. Especially compared to other brandable marketplaces which accept many of BB's rejects. In my experience, despite their very large inventory they do value their shelf space and they won't publish a name unless they feel it has a good chance of selling. If a name is too specific in terms of its industry application then the chance of a sale is very, very low and they will reject those kinds of names. In the end it's a service to the seller as he/she wont' waste money on publication and renewal fees.

Anyway those are my thoughts...... I hope they are of some value.

Best wishes,

Keith

Very nice thanks. The kernel one was kinda like fire fox lol or some company with tech.

Feesly still has a chance I would say.

I know they are selective and that is why I like them :)

•••
What about
Feesly

Hey @Abdullah Abdullah - I know you were asking @Keith DeBoer , so I apologize for chiming without being directly asked.

I agree with @Keith DeBoer thoughts. I think it may have been rejected because it might have been a brandbucket reject from 2015. I was too late in pulling the trigger last year when the domain dropped. See my conversation from February, 2015.

upload_2016-5-26_17-36-24.png

upload_2016-5-26_17-44-40.png

I can email the previous owner if you'd like to know if they once submitted it to BB.

Last edited:
•••
Hey @Abdullah Abdullah - I know you were asking @Keith DeBoer , so I apologize for chiming without being directly asked.

I agree with @Keith DeBoer thoughts. I think it may have been rejected because it might have been a brandbucket reject from 2015. I was too late in pulling the trigger last year when the domain dropped. See my conversation from February, 2015.

Show attachment 31518

I can email the previous owner if you'd like to know if they once submitted it to BB.

Nope you are welcome :)

I might ask them. Nice to know it was first seen as a nice brandable. I saw it too and never expected it to get rejected.

I watched the domain for many days before I decided to register. I would check everyday and see it is available and say what the? Why is no one seeing it ? lol

•••
Some further thoughts on Feesly....... It could also be seen as FeeSly and could also be heard as Feezly so maybe it's not as radio test proof as I thought.

•••
Everta.com rejected last month. I really like it. Multiple connotations.

•••
•••
Some further thoughts on Feesly....... It could also be seen as FeeSly and could also be heard as Feezly so maybe it's not as radio test proof as I thought.

You are right but I think it will not trick a native English speaker...I mean the S/Z

•••
I'm curious what connotations you see in it.

Hi Nat,

Contains "Ever" (infinity, stable, lasting)
Contains "Eve" (beginning, start, purity)

Word Implies: Evolution, Evolve, Convert, Conversion

Branding similarity with Athleta? I'm sure there are more.

Evert is an English dictiony word which falls in step with these connotions meaning "to turn from inside out"

Rolls off the tongue with soft but strong "E" sound and could be pronnounced EE-VER-TAH or EVER-TA so maybe it doesn't pass the radio test but I like it!

cheers
SLC

•••
Hi Nat,

Contains "Ever" (infinity, stable, lasting)
Contains "Eve" (beginning, start, purity)

Word Implies: Evolution, Evolve, Convert, Conversion

Branding similarity with Athleta? I'm sure there are more.

Evert is an English dictiony word which falls in step with these connotions meaning "to turn from inside out"

Rolls off the tongue with soft but strong "E" sound and could be pronnounced EE-VER-TAH or EVER-TA so maybe it doesn't pass the radio test but I like it!

cheers
SLC
If you sent them that explanation they might have liked it lol

•••
Lol, yeah maybe, I probably should have added some notes to that one.

•••
Last names rejected:

SpeedBio.com

DigiLogik.com

UbiSync.com

BuckStage.com

Vapilogy.com

With a couple a couple of these I'm really surprised

Any thoughts?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back