IT.COM

discuss Did you ever spend a bunch just because?

NameSilo
Watch
I bought pledgeofallegiance.com today because I loved the name! I paid almost $5,000 and I don't care. I have no idea what it's worth and I don't really care right now.
Anyone buy a name just because you liked it or was it purely for profit?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have spent about that much once on a name I just had to have. Friends and family thought I was crazy!
Sure I probably could have spent the money better elsewhere, but it was the name I wanted in the .com.

I think I did overpay at the time, but that was years ago and now it is probably worth more than I paid for it.

Last edited:
•••
I have spent about that much once on a name I just had to have. Friends and family thought I was crazy!
Sure I probably could have spent the money better elsewhere, but it was the name I wanted in the .com.

I think I did overpay at the time, but that was years ago and now it is probably worth more than I paid for it.
That's awesome. I had been watching it and hoped it wouldn't be noticed but people bid it up. I love the name.
What name did you buy?

•••
That's awesome. I had been watching it and hoped it wouldn't be noticed but people bid it up. I love the name.
What name did you buy?

I purchased jajaja.com. It is how Spanish speakers say lol. I also picked up the .es for around $500 at the same time. The .com gets around 1000 type in a month and the .es around 100.

Your name is great for development, I can see you easily getting your investment back from ad revenue if you develop it.

Last edited:
•••
I purchased jajaja.com. It is how Spanish speakers say lol. I also picked up the .es for around $500 at the same time. The .com gets around 1000 type in a month and the .es around 100.

Your name is great for development, I can see you easily getting your investment back from ad revenue if you develop it.
I bought orgy.es when I first started this a few years ago, I cant get rid of it. It sits.

•••
I bought orgy.es when I first started this a few years ago, I cant get rid of it. It sits.

.es is the country code for Spain as you probably know. .es names are hard to sell even when they are in Spanish, it is even harder when it is an non Spanish .es.

Last edited:
•••
I had been watching it and hoped it wouldn't be noticed but people bid it up. I love the name.
How many bidders were there?

•••
.es is the country code for Spain as you probably know. .es names are hard to sell even when they are in Spanish, it is even harder when it is an non Spanish .es.
Yeah it's a pain to reregister in Spanish every year

•••
•••
Yeah it's a pain to reregister in Spanish every year
You should not have to reregister every year, I just renew mine. That registration process is one of the things that makes .es names a bit more complicated.

•••
You should not have to reregister every year, I just renew mine. That registration process is one of the things that makes .es names a bit more complicated.
I meant renew

•••
lol I'm sweatin bullets over $2200. and you're dropping $5K on domains?

damn. puts me to shame for sure.

•••
YES ... unfortunately :). But you sound happy, so bravo!

•••
•••
One of my just because I liked its (only paid like $8 because I created it but kept it for 6 years - expired yesterday.
Ready? DeadonRival.com
How do you find a heavy metal band that wants a domain?

•••
•••
But I also have
iPadBras.com and iPadtheWalls.com (which I think could sell for soundproofing -HAH)

•••
•••
I would so not go to the 90's if I had a time machine!
I would go back and whisper in my ear, yes those names you are thinking of registering for 10 years because they might be worth something in the future, do that!!!

•••
I did not spent x,xxx but regfee. I must off broke the sound barrier when I reached for my debitcard to register it. LOL!

The proper way of saying Domain Names in Spanish is "Nombres de Dominio"

When I look at Nombres de dominio is like I am seeing "Names Domain" being that "DE" is a stopword. To me it doesn't look or sound right. If you put Nombres after Dominio then to me it looks and sounds like Domain Names. It also rolls of the tongue easily when you say Dominio Nombres instead of saying Nombres Dominio.

When I registered the name I went to google translate to put the name just to see it translate to Domain Names.

•••
I haven't spent so much for buying domain names. And as I remember I have bought only one domain name so far which I spent $x. Others are just hand registered. Sold quite few names. And dropped many.

I am still learning about domain names and trying to develop names that I have right now which might worth spending by others.

No matter how crap is the domain name, if I love it I want it. I just wanted to trash that habit on registering domain names. So, I stopped registering/buying domain names.

•••
It is always necessary to see money in this business. I always see a profit of a domain before considering it. Never buy it because you like it.

•••
On life in general=yes
On a domain=not so much, I've actually been able to find a decent domain for any of my developed sites in the x-xxx range.

Next time you're looking to dump 5k+ though shoot me your request as well. :ROFL:

•••
One of my just because I liked its (only paid like $8 because I created it but kept it for 6 years - expired yesterday.
Ready? DeadonRival.com
How do you find a heavy metal band that wants a domain?

I have one for a heavy rock / metal band too, hoping they'll want it because it's exact match and I sold one last year to another band.

•••

Trump may be interested :)

•••
Back