NameSilo

Dan.com stole my $

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ksusha64

Top Member
Impact
Dan.com accepted the $ for the domain they knew they did not have. I have proof they didn't have that domain and accepted money anyway. They refunded $4,000 short for the name. They are breaking the law by not keeping your $ in secure escrow account. Instead they returned $4,000 less from different BANK, different COUNTRY, and shorted me $4,000.
I demand they return the $ I paid for the name. They held the $ for 1 week!!! and returned $4,000 short.
Dan.com is complete scam. They refusing to deal with details. I will post screen shots and proof.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congratulations Your country's central bank got $4k richer.

•••
Thankfully, I'm just "one of the dumbest" and not the dumbest. I'm trying to figure out who the other dumbest lawyers are. Maybe @stevanlieberman has some nominations.
Can I nominate myself? I def have a few thoughts but I keep losing them . . . .

•••
$4000 big money.
I think Only Problem here dan not refunded full money same account.

Thanks for sharing issues/alerts

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Did you know that some of the dumbest lawyers in the domain industry post on Namepros? :ROFL:

That's quite an achievement, congrats! (y)(y)(y)
You probably should ask NamePros administrators for a special badge for you avatar: ''Dumbest Lawyer'' or some similar. :ROFL::ROFL:

•••
Ok, go ahead and waste your money too..

Nobody "wasted" money in this "case" as "wasting" money is the result of an intentionally induced loss and this is not what happened here.

What presumably happened is that someone's (OP's) amount of money decreased drastically on its way back to the owner due to one or more fee(s by the payment processors + possibly exchange rate).

For me it is not clear who (DAN or OP) should be held accountable for = pay these fees as neither DAN nor the OP published a proof of what happened first (DAN's message to not pay or the OP's payment) which is the decisive part in my view.

Aside that, the point why my answer to your question includes way more than just the one sentence you quoted was to give you / others the big picture of what most probably happened - I am sorry if this picture is too big for you or if you just don't wan't to see it ...

Last edited:
•••
aaa copy.jpg

•••
•••
•••
ksusha64 is not a newbie in domaining and she knew that domains can be stolen or illegally listed for sale. This is especially true for expensive domains.

But nevertheless, she transfers money, converting currency, without even asking and getting confirmation from DAN if everything is okay with the domain or not?

How much did she lose there? 2k or 4k? Well, for such a domainer as ksusha64, 4k is not a big loss and fits into the yearly losses.

On the other hand, DAN also showed itself not in the best way, leaving only 1 comment in this thread, and even that one with a threat. It was necessary to write clearly and in detail what and how happened and ask not to spoil their reputation.

This situation is not something extraordinary, it's like my sister sent me 50 cents to my Paypal to check if everything works ok, and after Paypal charged all commissions, I received 0 cents. My sister lost 50 cents, I got nothing but Paypal got 50 cents for "service".

Here is the same situation. One of the banks, or maybe both, won from this "deal", but not DAN.

I could understand a newbie, but ksusha64 knew well that a domain could be stolen and illegally put for sale, but blinded by the future benefits of resale, she transferred a big amount of money without asking a question or receiving confirmation of the availability of the domain.

•••
ksusha64 is not a newbie in domaining and she knew that domains can be stolen or illegally listed for sale. This is especially true for expensive domains.

But nevertheless, she transfers money, converting currency, without even asking and getting confirmation from DAN if everything is okay with the domain or not?

How much did she lose there? 2k or 4k? Well, for such a domainer as ksusha64, 4k is not a big loss and fits into the yearly losses.

On the other hand, DAN also showed itself not in the best way, leaving only 1 comment in this thread, and even that one with a threat. It was necessary to write clearly and in detail what and how happened and ask not to spoil their reputation.

This situation is not something extraordinary, it's like my sister sent me 50 cents to my Paypal to check if everything works ok, and after Paypal charged all commissions, I received 0 cents. My sister lost 50 cents, I got nothing but Paypal got 50 cents for "service".

Here is the same situation. One of the banks, or maybe both, won from this "deal", but not DAN.

I could understand a newbie, but ksusha64 knew well that a domain could be stolen and illegally put for sale, but blinded by the future benefits of resale, she transferred a big amount of money without asking a question or receiving confirmation of the availability of the domain.
They didn't leave the 1 comment, they've described the whole situation from their side.

We're surprised by the engagement this post is getting here and that we have to respond to this defamatory post.

Long story short:

1: The OP buys a domain on our platform and our team explicitly informs her to not send the payment yet as we want to verify the listing first.

2: The OP still wires (bank wire) the payment.

3: We cannot verify the listing and cancel the transaction before the wire has landed in our bank account.

4: We refund the buyer the exact same amount sent to us (as always...).

Sorry for the popcorn grabbers, we wish we could make it juicier for you in this slow news cycle :xf.smile:

The bank account where the funds were deposited is the same as the refunding bank account. There was no other company involved. The only external company we'll soon start working with for bank payouts is Payoneer. But that's not live for Dan sellers yet as we're in the final phase of testing before we can release that integration.

•••
Why did they not return the $ same day with same rate? I would not of lost the $

Why would you send a large amount of money like that after they told you not to send it until they verified the domain first? Even if they sent the wire back the same day, it could take up to 5 days if not longer to receive it. International wire transfer take some time. The exchange rate could be different by the time you receive the money.

•••
Please read this (whole) thread again, and find out that DAN did post more than what you're saying here. You may as well come to the conclusion that the word 'threat' fits more with OP than with DAN.

•••
@ksusha64 if you see this post by Dan.com you can see that they received 49,506 EUR and they sent you back 49,506 EUR. So in no way they have gained anything, because they did not convert any currency.

So, here we go. Who converted from usd to euro, and then from euro to usd? There you have it, your bank.

Now let's see what happened.

On Dec 6, you sent 49,506 EUR and you say that you paid "around $58,000 USD" for it.
I paid around $58,000 USD for it.
Since I paid 49,500 in euros

Well, there you have the first $2,000 of conversion fees that your bank charged you. You should have paid $55,852 usd for sending 49,506 EUR as of Dec 6 usd-eur exchange rates, but your bank charged you a 3,8% of conversion fees if you paid $58,000 usd).

https://www.xe.com/currencytables/?from=USD&date=2021-12-06#table-section

Then, the second $2,000 of loss, when Dan.com sent you 49,506 EUR on Dec 10. You should have received $56,008 usd as of Dec 10 usd-eur exchange rates, but your bank charged you a 3,7% of conversion fees, and you only received $54,000 instead of 56,008 usd).

https://www.xe.com/currencytables/?from=USD&date=2021-12-10#table-section

I just have seen the amounts sent, usd charged, eur received and exchange rates, so I thought to let you know so you can see who took the $4,000 of your loss.

I am not a bank expert, just trying to help you understanding what happened with your lost $4,000.

@ksusha64 ask your bank for the conversion fees they charge to convert from usd to eur and from eur to usd. Maybe you find there the answer.
I know some banks charge a high amount (around 3%) to convert between currencies. They are who make business with these conversion fees.

Last edited:
•••
$4000 big money.
I think Only Problem here dan not refunded full money same account.

Thanks for sharing issues/alerts

Please be wary of repeating false information posted by the OP.

The exact same EURO amount that we received was sent back to the buyer from the same bank account. The buyer should seriously consider changing banks since they have a contract with that bank that takes the fee that the OP wants us to pay for.

If the OP knew what kind of contract they had signed with their bank, they could have asked us to send the refund in a different currency and save on exchange rates charged by their own bank.

Our team is extremely helpful in these situations for customers that respect our time and efforts. But the moment a counterparty engages in defamation or extortion, we've historically shown to limit our support to that that our TOU dictates.

Last edited:
•••
Please be wary of repeating false information posted by the OP.

The exact same EURO amount that we received was sent back to the buyer from the same bank account. The buyer should seriously consider changing banks since they have a contract with that bank that takes the fee that the OP wants us to pay for.

If the OP knew what kind of contract they had signed with their bank, they could have asked us to send the refund in a different currency and save on exchange rates charged by their own bank.

Our team is extremely helpful in these situations for customers that respect our time and efforts. But the moment a counterparty engages in defamation or extortion, we've historically shown to limit our support to that that our TOU dictates.
This is what many people find it so difficult to understand.

I even get Netsol to work in my favor with a little polite conversation :)

•••
Why would you send a large amount of money like that after they told you not to send it until they verified the domain first?

As one can read in this thread, the OP (she) wrote (more than once) that DAN informed her to not send the payment at a time after she already sent it.

While she has not published a proof for her claim, DAN on the other hand has not publicly rejected this specific claim by her as wrong.

I am just commenting what I can read because it seems that this detail is probably the decisive point in terms to get this matter soluted.

•••
•••
Can I get one too?

We should mint them as NFT's.

As one can read in this thread, the OP (she) wrote (more than once) that DAN informed her to not send the payment at a time after she already sent it.

While she has not published a proof for her claim, DAN on the other hand has not publicly rejected this specific claim by her as wrong.

I am just commenting what I can read because it seems that this detail is probably the decisive point in terms to get this matter soluted.

They are both telling the truth on that point.

If you look at the posts in the thread, the buyer says he or she ordered the wire on Sunday. The way that most banks work is that you can order a wire transfer any time you want, but they send them during their business hours. If I ask my bank to send a wire on Saturday, it will go out on Monday.

If, on a Monday afternoon, I send a wire to someone in Europe, it will likely not be posted to their account until Tuesday or possibly Wednesday, under the most optimistic conditions.

International wire transfers are NOT instantaneous. The earth is round. It spins. Banks are open to do business at different times.

The most likely circumstances based on what both parties are saying, is that Dan.com told the buyer not to send the wire AFTER the buyer had ordered their bank to send the wire, and BEFORE the payment reached Dan.com's bank account. As the recipient of the wire, Dan.com would have no way of knowing when the sender had actually asked their bank to send it. So, what does that solve for you?

The point is that YOU are responsible for picking your bank and the currency in which you bank. As pointed out above, the $4000 was a $2000 bite each way, made by the buyer's bank. Dan.com would have no way of knowing what the buyer's bank was going to charge when Dan.com issued the refund. However, no merchant is going to assume responsibility for the fees charged by a customer's bank.

Last edited:
•••
Oo How cool, something to put on your digital shelf. Can I get one too?
John paid me $200 for the trophy. There is only one 1st place.
If you can pay me more than John then I will take that one back and give it to you.

•••
We should mint them as NFT's.

If you look at the posts in the thread, the buyer says he or she ordered the wire on Sunday. The way that most banks work is that you can order a wire transfer any time you want, but they send them during their business hours. If I ask my bank to send a wire on Saturday, it will go out on Monday.

If, on a Monday afternoon, I send a wire to someone in Europe, it will likely not be posted to their account until Tuesday or possibly Wednesday, under the most optimistic conditions.

International wire transfers are NOT instantaneous. The earth is round. It spins. Banks are open to do business at different times.

The most likely circumstances based on what both parties are saying, is that Dan.com told the buyer not to send the wire AFTER the buyer had ordered their bank to send the wire, and BEFORE the payment reached Dan.com's bank account. As the recipient of the wire, Dan.com would have no way of knowing when the sender had actually asked their bank to send it. So, what does that solve for you?

The point is that YOU are responsible for picking your bank and the currency in which you bank. As pointed out above, the $4000 was a $2000 bite each way, made by the buyer's bank. Dan.com would have no way of knowing what the buyer's bank was going to charge when Dan.com issued the refund. However, no merchant is going to assume responsibility for the fees charged by a customer's bank.
I could not agree more. DAN is not responsible for exorbitant fees the buyers own bank charged him/her. Perhaps if the buyer had done even basic research before jumping on a perceived “deal” none of this would have happened.

We all get charged fees from time to time. If you don’t like it you don’t blame DAN and try to discredit them publicly for your own banks policies. Get a new bank.

•••

The point is that we do not know all facts ("the whole truth").

In other words, as I explained (my view in my previous posts), we do not know which of both events happened definitely first - it was either ...

... DAN's information to her (according to the OP's nP profile, the OP is a female (just as information in regards to your "he or she")) to not send the payment ...

... or ...

... her
(order of her) payment (logically it is the time of the order of the payment which is the decisive time and not the time when the payment bank internally starts or when it arrives at the recipient's bank account because once it is ordered you can not cancel it) and this information (the answer to the question which event happened first) is the "missing link" (I only use this term ("missing link") as an in my view appropriate wording here for a better understanding - but aside that, I don't use (it in it's original context) as I do not belive in freemasonic fairy tales, just saying (writing) for the record).

Taking timestamps (some say time has to do with space, so timestamps should be available in this day and age - especially on a spinning, round earth) into consideration, it should not be that difficult (for both sides) to find out which event happened first (of course, there is the posiibility that both events happened at the exact same time but for "99 %" it was one of both events which happened first).

The answer to your question what this would solve for me is pretty simple - it would be the basis for me to decide (if I would have to decide it) which of both sides (DAN or OP) has to take over = pay the loss that the OP has suffered due to the purchase of a domain name that was obviously (originally) verified (I can't assume anything else as this is what is requested when you want to successfully list a domain name on DAN) and listed for sale although ...

... it was in fact not available as it turned out after the purchase - and here we are again, it seems to be a technical issue which originally caused this situation.

@NamePros

In my view the defamatory / libelous / slanderous title of this thread ("Dan.com stole my $") should be changed instantly into something like "I bought (and paid) a domain name @ DAN that was, although verified (when it got listed), in fact not available and this resulted in a (relatively big) loss! Who is responsible for my loss now?" as it is pretty clear that DAN DID NOT <STOLE> (?!) SOMEONES $ and as long as the current title ("Dan.com stole my $") remains, I can fully understand DAN if they won't do anything that would lead to the compensation of the OP's loss.

Last edited:
•••
If we'd contact you privately it would be our lawyer contacting you about the defamation and extortion case you're building in this thread.

We're closely monitoring your actions here and elsewhere.
Was looking for the theat.. Found it! This is so exciting for a slow Thursday evening. Especially when Epik drama is slowing down..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back