Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I contacted the prospective buyers, some went mute while one was very angry and gave me a weird reply. I strongly believe something went wrong while trying to make payment.

Many people have been complaining of this same payment gateway issue. I feel so sad about losing these sales.
The problem is that, everytime someone tells that, dan say that they dont have any problem...
The best way to avoid that kind of problem is to multiply the way they can pay.
I had to do that last week ago in emergency as now it's impossible to sell at less than 99€ ($114) , so now my customer have differents options for paying, depending of the selling price...

•••
The Automated Ownership Verification should add a button to check NS manunlly so do not need to wait more than 24 hours

•••
The Automated Ownership Verification should add a button to check NS manunlly so do not need to wait more than 24 hours
It would also be nice to check ownership using another way like a file on directory or thru a txt file.

•••
I contacted the prospective buyers, some went mute while one was very angry and gave me a weird reply. I strongly believe something went wrong while trying to make payment.

Many people have been complaining of this same payment gateway issue. I feel so sad about losing these sales.
Dear @etifit,

Sorry to hear you are not satisfied with our services.

However, the statements made in your first post are not accurate. We do follow up on all buyers, we even chase buyers who have opened the checkout window without concluding their payment on BIN only domains. The threshold of $600 before we chase buyers by phone is not correct as well. We have a fixed follow up sequence for all transactions.

We have no payment gateway issues. The only reason why a payment might not go through is when either the buyer's contact details on their credit card are outdated and the phone number is no longer valid. When this is the case, they cannot verify card ownership. A second reason would be that their credit card has an overseas card restriction. Besides that no other failure reasons are present.

Best regards,

•••
Good morning @70ym,

Once you alter the nameservers you should perform a bulk import. This will ensure the check is performed instantly.

Have a great weekend.

•••
Hi @LaszloSchenk

I'm yet to benefit from using Dan's Lander. I did a split and used Epik's lander and I've gotten like five sales from using it. Is there a way my account can be optimised to get maximum exposure and ultimately lead to sales?

Thanks

•••
I have been using Dan.com recently to close a few deals. Their system and support is top notch.

Brad

I have closed (7) deals now via Dan.com. I am still impressed with their system.

I really appreciate Dan.com helping the buyer with the transfer process. That can be very frustrating as a seller sometimes.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Good morning @70ym,

Once you alter the nameservers you should perform a bulk import. This will ensure the check is performed instantly.

Have a great weekend.
I stll fail to add domain after add NS

•••
@LaszloSchenk - there are reports that Adyen payment provider tends to reject some legitimate purchases. It is my understanding that Dan is not going to change the payment provider in foreseeable future, so maybe you can share the following: a) how many (exact %%% in July, for example) of purchase attempts are rejected by Adyen? and b) what /if any/ payment methods are processed by Dan directly, without ths Adyen?

Thank you!

Last edited:
•••
Hi @LaszloSchenk

I'm yet to benefit from using Dan's Lander. I did a split and used Epik's lander and I've gotten like five sales from using it. Is there a way my account can be optimised to get maximum exposure and ultimately lead to sales?

Thanks
You're getting sales at Epik, common sense would suggest you continue.

•••
Can anyone please help me to configure the goals in DAN? like When someone hit the button BUYNOW and fills the buyer details form.

•••
@Dan @LaszloSchenk

Can you have the following change on your landing pages :

Instead of "Make Offer" , can it be changed to, "Price upon request"

for "Make offer" only pages.

So that once we get the lead we can research a bit and throw them the price that suits.

Last edited:
•••
Hi @LaszloSchenk

Thanks
Good morning @Jayboltz,

Thank you for notifying us.

I would have to verify your account in order to determine this. Could you please send me a private message containing a domain that is located in your account?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

•••
I stll fail to add domain after add NS
Good morning @70ym,

Could you perhaps send me the domain in question through a private message?

I will make sure to verify why this is the case.

•••
D
@LaszloSchenk - there are reports that Adyen payment provider tends to reject some legitimate purchases. It is my understanding that Dan is not going to change the payment provider in foreseeable future, so maybe you can share the following: a) how many (exact %%% in July, for example) of purchase attempts are rejected by Adyen? and b) what /if any/ payment methods are processed by Dan directly, without ths Adyen?

Thank you!
Dear @tonyk2000,

The only payments that are being rejected through Adyen are when a buyer is not able to perform the 3-d security check. The check is required to proof card ownership. Any other failed payment attempt either is a direct result of their card issuer not permitting it outright or by having outdated contact details allocated to the card. This primarily involves the US buyers.

In order to bypass the initial refusal on the card issuers end, we are working on getting a US banking account set up ensuring that the sending bank is recognizing the country and will permit the transaction much faster.

As Adyen serves many international companies like Netflix and for example the Playstation Network the issue does not resolve from them. Processing the payment directly will produce the same results as the vast majority of all failed payment attempts is caused by the bank not being used to transfer funds to the Netherlands.

Best regards,

•••
@Dan @LaszloSchenk

Can you have the following change on your landing pages :

Instead of "Make Offer" , can it be changed to, "Price upon request"

for "Make offer" only pages.

So that once we get the lead we can research a bit and throw them the price that suits.
Good morning @harshgupta.

Unfortunately, we cannot make this change. As indicated before, all communication has to remain on the platform. Through the make offer option, the name and company name are displayed which in the majority of the cases should suffice in determining who the inquirer is. By granting any more details like an email there is a good chance one takes communication off-platform. When that is the case, we no longer can grant any insurance during the transaction.

Have a great week.

•••
The only payments that are being rejected through Adyen are when a buyer is not able to perform the 3-d security check. The check is required to proof card ownership.

It is in fact optional, not a strict requirement. My own purchase experience (buying stuff online in EU using non-EU cards with and without 3d secure support) shows that some merchants allow such transactions, and some - strictly disallow.

On a spot view (copypasted from from various visa/mc help files):

An issuing bank must be 3D Secure enabled to verify transactions. If the cardholder’s issuing bank is not 3D Secure enabled, the transactions will report as non-verified. Non-verified transactions cannot provide protection for Not-Authorized claims.

As a matter of fact, 3d secure is extremely popular in EU already. Outside EU - not so popular.
Since DAN does not yet run an own registrar, and so obviously would have issues retreiving the sold domain back in case of a chargeback, the decision not to accept cards without Verified by VIsa OR Mastercard Secure Code is correct. Please do not start accepting unverified cards though U.S. merchant account you mentioned, it is too risky... Since, at this time, Adyen actually rejects a lot of CC purchase attempts outside EU, due to lack of 3d secure, DAN might want to explicitly inform the buyers that Verified by VIsa or Mastercard Secure Code is a must thing to purchase using a credit/debit card, and show them alternatives like paypal...

How to resolve (*imho*):

- start an own registrar

- join SedoMLS and Afternic as a fast transfer partner. These distribution networks cannot be outperformed. "Own traffic" - domain landing pages is something that is really necessary, and it is exactly what I am expecting from DAN !

- deliver sold domains through your registrar ONLY (via registrar transfer if not regged with DAN).

- modify your Adyen setup to allow non-3d-secure transactions. With an own registrar and opportunity to retreive the sold domain back in chargeback cases this should be fine.

Resultingly, DAN will also need hire more staff to better assist all new sellers who will then switch to DAN both as a registrar and the best domainsales platform ;).

Last edited:
•••
Good morning Tonyk2000,

Thank you for your response and understanding. Also, I would like to thank you for the proposed solutions and can inform you that we are already working on this.

All payments that fail due to a 3-d security check for example are followed by a followup call and email from our account managers. Through it, we ensure no sales will get lost. The registrar is being built as we speak which indeed will make certain situations much easier to handle. Taking this into account I am certain that these aspects will improve drastically in the very near future.

Have a great day.

•••
Domains on the DAN marketplace.
When you google them
"domain.com"
They appear in search results.
Does it happen when nameservers aren't pointed to DAN?

•••
Good morning @wisdoms,

That is correct. When not using our For Sale pages the link still appears in the search results but is likely not to end up on page one.

Have a great day.

•••
You ignored my message long time ago, and I forgot what I asked. Tons of time wasted.

I had the same problem they never replied to me even thought I sent a few emails.
At the end I stopped used DAN.com

I just tried today again...
On your landing page you have" Listed by xxxxxx"
When a potential buyer clicks that he will see all domains which belongs to the seller.
How to disable that?

I set "Don't show anything" under "Meet the seller" but people still can see my other domains.

Last edited:
•••
I had the same problem they never replied to me even thought I sent a few emails.

When a potential buyer clicks that he will see all domains which belongs to the seller.
How to disable that?

I set "Don't show anything" under "Meet the seller" but people still can see my other domains.
Settings --> Privacy --> under public profile check
"Disable links to my public profile on all my For Sale pages" and
"I don't want to have a public profile"

•••
•••
Problems with Dan.
Sellers' info is shown before payment.
Sellers' IP and name may be shown (not sure) before bidding.
It is very easy to accept an offer or decline an offer by mistake.
Lots of fake buyers.
Stats are not useful.
Best parts:
Buyers' name and IP shown.
Fast transfers.
Rent to own.
Easy to list domains.
Online chat.

Last edited:
•••

How to disable that?

Good morning @BigTree,

Sorry to hear this happened. Please notify me here in case this happens again and I will try to identify the issue causing this. @td11, thank you for helping BigTree.

Have a great week.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back