Dynadot

marketplace Porkbun Marketplace Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Porkbun

Established Member
Porkbun.com
Impact
OINK! Hey everyone, similar to the official main thread, this is for all things related to our Marketplace. These are the highlights:
  • 7% commission
  • Free “Buy it now” parking page
  • Manage your marketplace listings from your regular domain management
  • Payouts 30 days older are done via PayPal on the 15th of each month
  • Buy, list, and sell a domain the same day, no 60 day lock period
  • Buyers purchase via our secure checkout, which supports credit cards, PayPal, and cryptocurrency
  • Pay via ACH to get .com pricing at $8.64 each (current price Feb 2022)
Find out more and start listing here: https://b.link/PorkbunMarketplace

As I hope you know, we consistently have low registration and renewal costs, offer expert support 365 days a year, and support more than 500 TLDs. We are so thankful for all the support, five-star reviews, and suggestions for improvement from the domain investor community. We believe we offer the best service around and pride ourselves on our ability to continue to improve via customer suggestions and new products.

Feel free to ask any questions or leave feedback here in this thread, or send them to [email protected].

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do you have an example domain to show what your Buy It Now-landers look like?

•••
You can check goosehollow.design as an example.

•••
Porkbun may not realize, but, by offering only paypal withdrawals, you are actually asking non-U.S. sellers NOT to list domains on the marketplace.

Indeed, U.S.-based sellers may link their U.S.-based bank account to paypal and transfer $$$ with no issues via ACH.

In case of non-U.S. sellers, paypal withdrawal currency may only be sellers country currency, so it would be necessary to perform exchange using paypal rates, which are less than favorable.

Just check, random example for EU-based seller and $1000 sale:

Domain sold for: $1000

Seller received to paypal: $930

Amount converted to EUROs (used paypal rates at the time of this writing): €796,47 - this is what the seller will withdraw from paypal

Amount converted back to USD (on receiving end): USD $852,29

*domainers worldwide still need USD $$$ for daily operations*

*I used travelex bank exchange rates just as example*

REAL commission for $1000 porkbun marketplace sale: 14,8 %

Even though afternic and sedo do charge 20%, they offer domain distribution with various parties involved. Paying 14,8% for "own traffic" sales is somewhat too high...

Proposed solution: Porkbun needs to add bank wire withdrawal payment option at least. Also, crypto would be appreciated.

And, of course, an ability to use the $$$ sale proceeds for porkbun renewals, transfers and registrations is a must.

Last edited:
•••
BTW, in the above calculation I assumed that Porkbun will use "masspay" to send $$$ via paypal, or will cover paypal fees to send $$$ from their U.S. paypal account to non-U.S. paypal account. If not - then the situation would be worse due to extra fees to receive paypal payment!

•••
Porkbun may not realize, but, by offering only paypal withdrawals, you are actually asking non-U.S. sellers NOT to list domains on the marketplace.
All good feedback, thanks for this. Other than the mentioned use as account credit, what payout methods would you prefer to see? I can pass that along up the chain to see what's within our ability to branch out on.

•••
I hope porkbun can provide local payment method from Indonesia and Asia via Paymentwall, especially GoPay and OVO.

GoPay is very popular in our country and backed directly by Google . Its seem Namesilo support for GoPay right now.

•••
Other than the mentioned use as account credit, what payout methods would you prefer to see?
From non-U.S. seller point of view, I'd prefer bankwire (in USD). And crypto. Paper checks - definitely NO, depositing foreign checks is a "mission impossible" nowadays.

•••
All good feedback, thanks for this. Other than the mentioned use as account credit, what payout methods would you prefer to see? I can pass that along up the chain to see what's within our ability to branch out on.
Wise.com
Indeed guys, we are in 2022, PayPal only? :)

•••
Congratulations porrkbun. But payout should be more friendly. marketplace like dan,daaz,epik support multiple payout option within hours not any scheduled option.

Last edited:
•••
Preferably Crypto. Thanks

•••
Crypto will be soon the only one online payment method especially after the constant expansions of economic sanctions to more and more countries.

•••
I can't bulk search domains in my porkbun account

•••
Crypto will be soon the only one online payment method especially after the constant expansions of economic sanctions to more and more countries.
No one likes crypto

•••
The bitcoin millionaires do.

•••
•••
it looks cool e. g. Pay-day.Loan
Screenshot_20220313-111435.png

•••
(almost) all responses do indicate that an advanced payout system is a must. Very true. I'm thinking about various non-financial suggestions, bug reports, etc... but all this would make sense if and only if the 1st and most important thing is set as it should - payouts.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Wanted to update, I'll be sharing all of your payout feedback with management to see if development time can be allocated sometime soon. Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your enthusiasm towards making this better, it's humbling to see. We're still a small team so I can't make any timeline promises yet but clearly payouts are the number one pain-point to more adoption within this community, so we'll work to put some focus on developing this.

•••
Wanted to update, I'll be sharing all of your payout feedback with management to see if development time can be allocated sometime soon. Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your enthusiasm towards making this better, it's humbling to see. We're still a small team so I can't make any timeline promises yet but clearly payouts are the number one pain-point to more adoption within this community, so we'll work to put some focus on developing this.
add Bitcoin payouts

•••
@Porkbun

Any payout fee ???

Can ultilised fund ?? ( Without payout )

•••
can I paying for renewal or new registrations without payout?

•••
Hello! Glad to have you onboard NP.

Samer

•••
A marketplace with no filter to use for searching is a pain in the bun.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back