IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

NameSilo
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
strange, hundreds of sav domains have been sold by dan months ago...

•••
strange, hundreds of sav domains have been sold by dan months ago...

yeah.. even more strangely one of my own too not lomg ago... i'd have to double check.

this is why i say.. come on dan.. just take the auth codes at least. it'll do so much harm to yer clients if u do not. @DAN.COM

•••
yeah.. even more strangely one of my own too not lomg ago... i'd have to double check.

this is why i say.. come on dan.. just take the auth codes at least. it'll do so much harm to yer clients if u do not. @DAN.COM

What if they grandfather you in once?
trying to help you out with @DAN.COM, not speak for you.

DAN,

people usually hate it when vc capital involve, but your post explaining the relationship that got the investment was genuis.

Now have a blog post on Sav-situation
and be done with it. the whole thing is vague

Samer

Last edited:
•••
We are protecting our customers by not working with sav.com. Nothing less, nothing more.

If Sav is doing something that's so bad that you'd take an unprecedented step like this, I think it would be nice to know what they're doing because that would help everyone understand this decision better.

According to Dan, It sounds like Sav has crossed a line that no other registrar has crossed, even compared to other registrars that have caused Dan problems, so it must be VERY serious to make Sav irredeemable.

The above quote implies that Sav is doing something much worse than just copying your landers, because I don't see how copying landers puts Dan users at risk - unless you can offer any clarity - then we'll have to assume Sav is doing something very, very shady to require such a heavy-handed response from Dan.

Why protect Sav and their reputation by keeping this a secret if it's as bad as you imply? If what they're doing is so bad, I feel like the domaining community should know.

Or if it's just about stealing landers and wanting to punish them for that, please realize you're also punishing your users.

Edit: I want to be super clear that I don't use Sav, I have no plans to use Sav, and I have no reason not to trust Dan. But it would be helpful to know if this is related to lander-stealing, or something much more sinister (Dan's response and actions strongly suggest that it's something more sinister, but confirmation would be nice - and also for the sake of warning other marketplaces and users not to risk working with Sav if they're putting us at risk...)

Last edited:
•••
What if they grandfather you in once?
(trying to help you out with @DAN.COM

DAN,

people usually hate it when vc capital involve, but your post explaining the relationship that got the investment was genuis.

Now have a blog post on Sav-situation
and be done with it.

well genius people say and do genius things... if u were genius too u would know that ;)

no really now.. i think dan should alow auth codes.. u do not care cause u got no names on sav... so u feel nothing for people who do and may loses sales from this, in fact, maybe u would even enjoy watching them suffer i sense from your energy field, :)

yer such a monsters inc bahaha

Last edited:
•••
No PayPal option as payment makes me to avoid them. My instinct tells me to trust DAN in any way. On the other hand, sellers should be informed about that issue. It's a pity to lose a sale because of that.

imo

•••
Why protect Sav and their reputation by keeping this a secret if it's as bad as you imply? If what they're doing is so bad, I feel like the domaining community should know.

Or if it's just about stealing landers and wanting to punish them for that, please realize you're also punishing your users.

I think this - not just the ultra-similar landers - was discussed earlier in this thread, as I recall the implication was that the domain transfers or pushes were problematic and so not worth bothering with. If you kept having problems delivering domains due to a hitch, you'd get the blame, and anyone wanting to make you look bad could help that happen. I don't know what the problem was or who if anyone was at fault.

I've never used Sav, first time I landed there I thought it must be Dan or a sub-project of Dan - it was that similar. I wanted the domain but the extra cost of transferring it to Sav and not knowing any reputation for them meant I bought it from another platform where it was also listed.

But it would be a real headache if you could pay for a Sav domain at Dan.com and then be told the transaction could not be processed. Is that now possible?

Last edited:
•••
solved.

Last edited:
•••
No PayPal option as payment makes me to avoid them. My instinct tells me to trust DAN in any way. On the other hand, sellers should be informed about that issue. It's a pity to lose a sale because of that.

imo

Why do you say that?

These are their current payment methods for buyers
https://dan.com/help/buyer-guide
We support the following payment options: Bank wire, SEPA, Visa, MasterCard, iDeal, MisterCash, Sofort, Paypal, AliPay, WeChatPay and Bitcoins.

•••
really no paypal as a payment method? 😲
thanks a lot for the info
. will undns my names from Dan nameservers to something another.

i have no sales for the last month that's scary me.

i really love Dan marketplace but I need sales and paypal for buyers

They take and send payments with Paypal - see above post for link.

•••
I used to suggest all my customers Dan for transaction. It works like a charm. At least, I know where to find them if I have an issue. GoDaddy is good too.

•••
•••
I think this - not just the ultra-similar landers - was discussed earlier in this thread, as I recall the implication was that the domain transfers or pushes were problematic and so not worth bothering with.

Thank you! My apologies if I've rehashed something that has been discussed previously.

•••
Did anyone observe your sales or leads in Dan? Why sometimes we get lot of leads? and sales too.

Sometimes, Not even a single lead for a portfolio of 15000 domains for 10days.

I dont understand DAN.

•••
Did anyone observe your sales or leads in Dan? Why sometimes we get lot of leads? and sales too.

Sometimes, Not even a single lead for a portfolio of 15000 domains for 10days.

I dont understand DAN.
for me it's regular.

•••
•••
Some of my good domains have been mcafee blocked as malicious sites. Whats happening here?

•••
Some of my good domains have been mcafee blocked as malicious sites. Whats happening here?

do u mean xyz?
i had some too
seems common

•••
Yes.
I dont think its common.

•••
Hello All. We have clarified this in Sav thread but wanted to update everyone here as well. We are not aware of the multiple instances @DAN.COM is referring to and am not sure why they have chosen to not accept any domains from Sav. Our landing pages have been referenced in the past however we have tested tons of designs and variations over the last months. We are very close to rolling out our own marketplace where sellers can list their domains for sale and use our optimized landers as well. We would love for our users to be able to use @DAN.COM if they choose but, if @DAN.COM is blocking this, we will gladly welcome them when our marketplace is live. We have always admired what @DAN.COM has built and they are welcome to reach out to us directly at any time if their view changes.

•••
Your users, who pay the price by having to split up our portfolios, pushing us towards your competitors, and if Dan landers convert the best - we are potentially missing out on sales.

Exactly. That is another reason why i don't see how i would come back to using Dan landers again. I mean, i like and respect Dan a ton, but with almost hundred domains that i have now on Sav, i can't imagine to add up to all domaining logistics hassle that i have already.

If Sav is doing something that's so bad that you'd take an unprecedented step like this, I think it would be nice to know what they're doing because that would help everyone understand this decision better.
Probably they can't. If they say something unsubstantially, it would be a slander and a clear court case. And if there was some substance, i think we all would have known already. My guess is that Dan took a moralistic stand and wanted to punish Sav for a similar design, but now with such inaccurate sayings they pretty much trapped themselves.

•••
Isnt the stink over the similarity of sav landers being copies of dan’s?
Or sö they say

•••
•••
This is very surprising to hear.

yes for an affair that dan claims to be huge and ultra important to make them take such actions, and yet of which extreme transgression sav.com has not even heard of, or is suprised of or unaware of... certainly the two positions are opposite and should not exist for extreme transgressions whereby dan is protecting us all by their action not to deal with sav. frankly none of this make sense

•••
@DAN.COM

Regarding automatic ownership verification. After domain passed automatic ownership verification, it is being added to new owner's account with sales preferences taken from the previous owner's account.

I think it should be fixed, as nobody wants their domains get suddenly sold for $495 BIN that was set up by the previous owner.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back