NameSilo

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews, started by Reza, Aug 7, 2019

Replies:
Views:

1. LaszloSchenk

LaszloSchenk Upgraded Member Dan.com Staff Blue Account

Good morning @topdom,

Thank you for your feedback.

We do not show the sellers' information before payment unless the invoice is granted to a buyer for processing a bank transfer. In addition, we do not show the seller's IP to the buyer. Only the buyer's IP is shown to the seller. Also, we currently have a solution to reduce the fake offers as well as acceptance by mistake in production. I will make sure to update you once this is released.

Have a great week.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. likeslikes

likeslikes Established Member

Does anyone know if I were to sell a domain name through Dan.com can my information remain 100% private during the sales process?

3. Ostrados

Ostrados EpicName.com VIP

@LaszloSchenk @DAN.COM

I have some weird problems with SSL:

1- Some of my domains pointing to Dan Nameservers are showing "Connection not protected" warning at landing page

aa.png

2- Some of my domains have Dan landing pages with no SSL at all (http). Which is equally bad to #1 because of the "Not Secure" label in the top bar.

bb.png

SSL is very important to show correctly, otherwise no luck in selling anything.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  4. davidc1

davidc1 Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Hello,

The API for listing all domains on account and for deleting a domain is not working since yesterday.
    Where there is no problem for the api to edit domain price.

5. Maxxo

Maxxo Established Member

@LaszloSchenk @DAN.COM

Just registered a domain name and tried to add to DAN portfolio. Was unable to because another DAN user already had the domain in their DAN portfolio, domains for sale. The other user let the domain expire but DAN still has it as an active domain for sale.

One of the best things about DAN is the ease and speed of being able to add domains and set prices in DAN portfolio without jumping through hoops with adding DNS records or other time consuming verification methods. However, I imagine there must be many cases like mine where another DAN user who no longer owns the domain still has it in their DAN portfolio.

Is there a good solution to this?

Thanks

6. carob

carob Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

No, they provide the buyer with an invoice with your name and address - they have to.

To keep details private you would need to sell via Afternic/Godaddy, or in some cases direct via a registrar marketplace - you need to check with those to know how they operate.

7. carob

carob Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Can @DAN.COM please tell us if seller name and IP are shown to clients, and if so, is that before making an offer, or only after?

Yes it is far to easy to accept or reject an offer in one tap by mistake - that needs improvement.

8. Mlebo

Mlebo Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

Hello, Need a little help. I have a buyer for a domain at $400 and he wants to pay with bitcoin. I know Dan accepts bitcoin; however, the buyer is not seeing the options. Is there something special the buyer has to do to pay with bitcoin?

9. DNGear

DNGear Domainnaut VIP

10. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician VIP

this is what you get when the minimum price is set at 100 €/$/whatever

upload_2020-8-12_13-19-32.png

11. frank-germany

12. eternaldomains

eternaldomains Established Member

Asked about this before, support said to manually contact support when using crypto due to price fluctuations.

Now that I think of it, they could have stated that on the payment options page instead of omitting them like this.

13. Mlebo

Mlebo Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

Thank you. At least that makes some sense, why they have to contact support.

14. frank-germany

@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk

what are you doing?

upload_2020-8-13_10-23-22.png

why are you showing 100 € min bid prominently at the search results in google?

I want much better offers at a starting bid

15. BrandCollectors.com

BrandCollectors.com Restricted (DM)

Thanks for letting us know

16. BrandCollectors.com

Same here

17. BrandCollectors.com

@DAN.COM
    How to remove domains from the search results on Google for domains that listed on Dan but not parked on Dan nameservers?

18. campout

campout Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

Does anyone know how to get .app names to work with Dan landing pages? It seems that simply changing nameservers to NS1.DAN.COM / NS2.DAN.COM and adding the domain to your Dan account with price, is not enough. Browsers still won't display the domain.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  19. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Why would you think the payment gateway, I have had a few on Epik backout so it's not always about the payment gateway.

20. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Wow there will always be some who screw it up for everyone else.

21. Welberch

Welberch Restricted (50-70%)

Is Dan going to match Sav 4% commission rate?

22. loredan

loredan Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

LOL this is silly ... why would they do that?
    Just because some new guy entered the market with cheapo commission to attract business it doesn't mean that DAN has to follow... I mean it's like asking Apple to lower the iPhone price to $199 because some new chinese company came on the market with a $200 phone.

Why don't you ask Godaddy to lower from 20% or the brandable places from 30% ?

Oh my ... the entitlement ...

23. Welberch

Seems like the same product to me. One is 4%, the other is 9%.

24. Welberch

There is a best price guarantee around many Fortune 500 companies. Domain industry will catch up, one way or another.

25. UmerK

UmerK Established Member

@LaszloSchenk requested this already but don't remember any progress on this.

Can you please notify sellers when someone opens checkout window but FAILS to do so?

This could be very important data point for investors when figuring out interest in particular domains and can also help us who outbound by following up with buyer who we presume tried to checkout.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice