NameLot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews, started by Reza, Aug 7, 2019

Replies:
Views:

1. Windoms

Windoms Top Contributor VIP

You want to offer $1500 on a domain name.
    The seller listed the domain for $5000 and has disabled offers.

I disable offers, it means I dont want DAN to bother me with people's offers.

End of conversation.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. boker

boker Top Contributor VIP

There are tons of domainers who set a price and who will not loose time with negotiations...you either like the price or not, that doesn't mean they will not sell, the only thing is they set the BIN as minimum price, so it's no point to loose time talking about anything else, you hit the BIN or not. If I recall correctly, sedo, afternic and most of the others are doing the same, so you should know better than most of us.

3. trelgor

trelgor Established Member ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

They are not doing the Rick Schwartz maneuver of sizing the buyer up. "Oh, so you are Apple huh, this is getting expensive". They put a bin in the XXXX range for gods sake. Not listening to bids in the XXXX range is mindless if you want to make sales. Not relaying bids is also mindless. I see so many deals fall apart because of it. It's plain bad business. Some opportunities never come back. You can still deflect lowballer-mania. But if you have a serious buyer - you don't just close the door. It's everything I don't like. All of it. It's the cause of the buyer frustration that gives domaining a bad rep.

4. trelgor

For the record, nearly all my domains are BIN. I still deflect a lot of offers (But not on DAN it would seem). If I did not I would undersell, particularly because they are BIN. BUT. I am always looking for a way to close and make it work. ”How about this”? ”What if”? It’s the friggin’ foundation of trade.

The other end of the spectrum is equally bad. Jumping at any offer and undermining yourself and the industry.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  5. Domain_savvy

Domain_savvy Established Member

BIN is a BIN. He even gave you a hint that your offer is 25% so you know what it cost.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  6. Don Gondon

Don Gondon Established Member

I believe to know what it costs one just needs to see the listing... :xf.eek:

7. Domain_savvy

Domain_savvy Established Member

Yeah,true but i meant no heavy discounts.

8. LaszloSchenk

LaszloSchenk Upgraded Member Dan.com Staff Blue Account

@trelgor,

Thank you for your response and sorry to see you post the entire thread on a public forum.

It is quite surprising to me that you are phrasing this as a refusal to submit any offer, thus obstructing any potential sales from happening. As a seller of our platform, you know very well that you have the option to decide how to list your domains for sale. If you do not want to receive any offers you disable the option to make an offer. When one disables the option to make an offer and an interested party wants to submit an offer of roughly 25% of the asking price it most certainly will not suffice. You can understand that we will not forward any such offer to our users as it is clear they are not interested in it. If we were to operate as suggested by you we would be spamming our users with hundreds of lowball offers which most certainly will not be desirable I'm sure.

Regarding the response time of Michael, he is our new US support indeed. As mentioned 2 days ago he is currently being trained and is not operating outside our EU office hours in full. As soon as he is trained in full, this representative will be operating US hours. Sending messages like "Cat got your tongue?" will not trigger a response as well. Michael was assisting you in a professional capacity. I suggest we remain respectful towards each other.

Lastly, your final question is correct. When you as a seller on our platform disable an option to make an offer you will NOT receive any offer that is not deemed feasible by us. We will always explain the situation to our users and try to convince them to increase their offer for you but of the budget remains too low we will not bother our users with it. This is why you have the option to set up your account in such a way that this can be evaded. If you as a seller do want to receive such offers simply enable your option to make an offer @trelgor.

Have a great day.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  9. LaszloSchenk

Good morning @td11,

Could you contact me through a private message? I will make sure to look into it with you. Preferably I would like to receive your email to contact you directly.

Best regards,

10. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician VIP

I guess that is a question to be answered here

.de needs 3 nameservers
    how would we do it with DAN?

( I use my own nameservers )

11. trelgor

Trainees should know to refer when needed. You should also get a timely response, even if it's just "looking into it". Very basic. Also, if someone is new and untrained - state it for the record. That's #1. And a reason in itself to as a customer on both sides of sales question the merit of your services.

#2 I have your installments option active, and I have ticked the "BUY NOW and MAKE OFFER" for domains with a price. Since the "old" installments model say "Installments (old model which includes the Make Offer option)" it would seem that the new installment option does not, even though I have ticked "BUY NOW and MAKE OFFER". Is that the case? If it is don't you think that it's a bit ambiguous, and don't you think that some sellers are accidentally refusing offers?

#3 Marketplaces rely on sellers. In effect we buy your services, not the other way around. Act accordingly. Buyers too. Don't be surprised or upset about customer needs. It's the most valuable thing you have.

#4 An XXXX offer for an XXXX domain is not spam.

#5 I would not have posted here if you just answered my questions in a timely fashion. Do you train people to avoid customers?

12. trelgor

FYI the lead is now dead. and it was not my fault.

13. carob

carob Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

The new lease to own option does disable make offer on domains set to fixed price - see earlier posts.

14. trelgor

So how about disabling the ability to enable ”BIN AND MAKE OFFER” if you are using new lease to own/BIN. Makes sense to me. How about you @LaszloSchenk?

15. Windoms

The point was to eliminate friction because they have noticed that it wasnt good for overall sales.

Like you setting a realistic price with a lease to make it affordable.
    Vs setting $15000 bin, hoping to negotiate and get $1000.

16. Windoms

+most people (i say most), dont know how to negotiate.

17. Jona4s

Jona4s Established Member

I have a question about the DNS entry for verification (verification-..XXX..ns3.dan.hosting)

Would there be a security concern on leaving the third DNS entry on a domain? I understand it is a private DNS entry for each account, so if someone views that entry, could they do something like adding domains to your account automatically?

18. LaszloSchenk

Good morning Trelgor,

The old model including the installments does permit the make offer option on the For Sale page indeed. The new lease to own does not include this model as we have found that negotiations got prolonged extensively and the conversion rates were lower. This due to the fact that the Lease to Own model includes markup and buyers started to incorporate a negotiation not only for the price but for the markup as well.

Best regards,

19. LaszloSchenk

Good morning @Jona4s

That is correct. If a domain owner adds your verification nameserver to his domains the domains itself will be migrated to your portfolio. However, as a domain owner listing domains on our platform, it would be highly undesirable to perform these steps as I effectively allow other sellers to hold my domain(s) hostage in their account. There would be no incentive for domain owners to add your verification nameserver to their domains. However, technically it is possible indeed.

Have a great weekend ahead.

20. trelgor

So remove the account option to check "BIN/MAKE OFFER" when "Lease to own" is active? Unless you really want it to look like the account holder can choose it even though it is not possible.

Bye Dan. Good luck.

21. karmaco

karmaco Top Contributor VIP

I don’t understand why you don’t understand that which has been explained to you — the seller doesn’t want offers below his asking price. Your irritation with DAN is irrational. Also this serious offer business is silly. If your offer is one fourth what the seller wants (according to DAN) its not all that serious. Your acting like someone is supposed to be insane not to take a $1500 offer.

22. BrandCollectors.com

BrandCollectors.com Restricted (DM)

is it your Dan account?
    Neues.org was dropped a few months ago. should the previous owner delete an expired domain isn't it? but it looks like you may be doing the same things? i saw several Dan accounts that selling unregistered domains.

ticket was created but Dan support on the weekend

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  23. BrandCollectors.com

BrandCollectors.com Restricted (DM)

24. tldboss

tldboss Top Contributor VIP

That is not my account.

What is the matter with you?

I do not sell unregistered names.

I just suggested you contact DAN support because it makes sense to me. Imagine if everyone attaches screenshots of invalid listings here.

If you want I can ask DAN to confirm tomorrow, they can tell you that is not my account. I have sent several email to DAN support asking them to remove invalid listings, I have never accussed any member of any wrong doing. Some of the names were previously owned by PROs here.

So, this is not unique to you. I have dealt with invalid listings myself for five figure names, not unregistered names.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  25. tldboss

tldboss Top Contributor VIP

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice