Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
IMO, @DAN.COM should consider different commissions for different price ranges for DDN listings if the price markup is not good idea. 20% commission for below 5k is quite negligible but 20% for 5 or 6 figures is a lot (for example, 50k sale and 20% commission, you will receive 40k after 10K commission:oops:).

Otherwise, 15% is a good option IMO, what do you think?

•••
9 hours now no reply from support, this is what your buyers get for service.

Good luck with spontaneous purchases if they have questions.

Last edited:
•••
11 Hours now. so anyone enjoying Alter as an alternative ? I am hearing good things.

•••
11 Hours now. so anyone enjoying Alter as an alternative ? I am hearing good things.
for much faster support go to daaz... but not sure you'll make more sales with them...

•••
IMO, @DAN.COM should consider different commissions for different price ranges for DDN listings if the price markup is not good idea. 20% commission for below 5k is quite negligible but 20% for 5 or 6 figures is a lot (for example, 50k sale and 20% commission, you will receive 40k after 10K commission:oops:).

Otherwise, 15% is a good option IMO, what do you think?
Afternic has

20% for ($5000 and below)

15% + $1000 for ($5001 to $25000)
15% is on the difference between the sale price and $5000

10% + $4000 for (above $25000)
10% is on the difference between the sale price and $25000

•••
9 hours now no reply from support, this is what your buyers get for service.

Good luck with spontaneous purchases if they have questions.
Heaven forbid they sleep or have normal business hours 🙄

Last edited:
•••
It would be nice when a domain owner is changing that you reset every parametersof the domain : price, date, currency, renting... it's not the case and it's a problem... I had domains in USD whereas my default currency is Euros

•••
Heaven forbid they sleep or have normal business hours 🙄
It would be nice for U.S. customers if Dan had support people located in the U.S.

•••
DAN.com is a great platform. They have the best customer support.

DAN.com search ...how does it work?

I was just checking search results for Nonfungible keyword ..Nonfungible.pizza ranks higher than nonfungible.ac ( It also has a Buy Now Price) .

https://dan.com/search?&terms=Nonfungible&results=50&order_by=relevance

Maybe Dan.com will be able to increase their revenue further ..If search
results are optimized to increase conversions..Knowing DAN, maybe.. they
want to give equal opportunity to all domains and domainers :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
•••
@ecomslice,

Have you contacted our chat support or the transfer team through a transaction window? The average response time of our customer success through email or chat was below 10 minutes so I am quite surprised to hear you had to wait for 11 hours to get a response.

If you have consulted our transfer team, indeed a response after 21:10 is no longer given. Our team is located in Europe and as indicated by @karmaco, tends to sleep or rest at that time of day.

Regards,

•••
It would be nice for U.S. customers if Dan had support people located in the U.S.
Good morning Dane,

We already have US support available. Our customer success can be reached by phone, email, and chat support. The US support is located in Atlanta and is operational during those business hours. The ultimate aim is to provide support 24/7 support of course which is what we are working towards as we speak.

Have a great weekend ahead.

•••
Good morning Dane,

We already have US support available. Our customer success can be reached by phone, email, and chat support. The US support is located in Atlanta and is operational during those business hours. The ultimate aim is to provide support 24/7 support of course which is what we are working towards as we speak.

Have a great weekend ahead.
Oh, I wasn't aware of the US based support. Is that new? And just to be clear, does the US team work US business hours or Europe business hours?

•••
And just to be clear, does the US team work US business hours or Europe business hours?
LOL ... not the sharpest tool in the shed ...

•••
•••
Just for your info, the US division was already on long time ago. Last I remembered, they also operate pushes/transfers on Sundays. Not sure if Saturdays are included now since I haven't used DAN for a very long time.

•••
Just for your info, the US division was already on long time ago. Last I remembered, they also operate pushes/transfers on Sundays. Not sure if Saturdays are included now since I haven't used DAN for a very long time.
Thanks. This is why I'm double-checking on the hours of operation for the US based team. The last time I asked about the operating hours in my time zone (Eastern US) I was given this schedule:

Escrow and Payments
2 AM - 10 AM - Mon - Friday

Support
2 AM - 3 PM - Mon - Friday
2 AM - 3 PM - Sat - Sunday

I haven't seen anything officially announced by Dan that suggests US business hours (which would be fantastic, by the way) so I'm just making sure.

•••
Is it just me or you too get over 90% of bot traffic with session time 00:00 to 00:01 mostly from Coffeyville/Columbus/Huntsville/Boardman US? Source: Google Analytics.

•••
Open Domain Distribution Network or the simple option?

•••
•••
Open Domain Distribution Network or the simple option?
O.D.D. all the way, I mean why not? If some partner brings in a sale, well ... the sale is welcome! :) We pay the same % at Afternic so I see no problem. As the nework grows and more partners join, it will be a no-brainer, same as in Afternic's case where using the fast transfer option is pretty much a must these days to attract more eyeballs. Just my 2c ...

•••
•••
I have a question for DAN. In your account you can choose to keep your sales private. In the final document, the buyer can also choose privacy no matter what you have chosen.

How is DAN providing privacy when a sorry this domain has sold page crops up immediately? There is a trend of people routinely scraping etc DAN lately revealing other peoples sales.

Sure we don’t know the amount but there is now nothing to stop anyone with a similar name hounding the new owner or regging that name in remaining extensions before the buyer can.

I know this is a risk we take when we choose to report but it should not be the case when we choose not to report or the buyer choses not to report.

I think the post sale lander should be at least more vague like this domain is either removed, sold or misconfigured and it should come down relatively quickly no matter where the servers are pointed.

•••
Hello @LaszloSchenk

Does Dan offer a full escrow service? Where Dan takes possession of the domain into an escrow account before transferring the domain to the buyer? or does the domain get transferred directly to the buyer?

Its been a while since I had a sale with Dan and I don't remember. I prefer to use a full escrow service. Especially with higher priced sales.
I don't like to transfer a domain from myself to the buyer directly even if the Auth code goes through Dan fist.

Thank you

•••
Hi guys @DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk or anyone

forgive me if it's been answered before I could not find it on site

What's the total in Commision between Dan + Media Options + when you enable /use the brokerage feature? What percent do we net after MO and Dan receive commission?

Thanks

•••
Back