Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

NameSilo
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Dan.com. Are you able to share this data? What % of the deals are currently being paid in BTC and whats the average deal size that are being paid in BTC? Thanks

•••
Did anyone see REDIRECT BUYERS option? I couldn't see it.

Thanks

•••
Hi Dan.com. Are you able to share this data? What % of the deals are currently being paid in BTC and whats the average deal size that are being paid in BTC? Thanks
Good morning @Domain799,

We do not have exact percentages to share but see this payment source being used frequently within all price ranges varying from $100 to $50,000.

Have a great week!

•••
Did anyone see REDIRECT BUYERS option? I couldn't see it.

Thanks
Would this be what you're looking for?

Promote your Domain Store​

It's in the "for sale page" setup.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Your background color is so dazzling, will this stimulate buyers to buy impulse?

•••
Your background color is so dazzling, will this stimulate buyers to buy impulse?
Good morning @Bailian,

We have various different options and fully customizable for sale pages. You can configure your own pages according to your liking.

Best regards,

•••
Last edited:
•••
@DNGear
I don't see this Redirect as well.
So they removed it.

Another news is here: https://dan.com/users/settings/integrations
They launched some kind of MLS/DLS for 20%.
Noticed that as well.

It says,

"For distributed transactions, Dan takes a very small fee of 5% commission for R&D, maintenance of the network,
and handling transactions.

The remaining 15% commission is paid out to the inventory provider (5%) and the inventory seller (10%).
The total commission Dan, therefore, charges you for distributed sales is 20% (this includes Dan’s 5%)."

Who is the inventory provider and the inventory seller?

How can we tell that a sale came from a "distributed transaction" (20%) instead of a straight up BIN sale (9%)?

I wonder if Dan has any plan to tier the 20% commission dependent on sale price as even Afternic doesn't charge 20% across board.

•••
How can we tell that a sale came from a "distributed transaction" (20%) instead of a straight up BIN sale (9%)?
That's a great question. Also, I've got lower pricing on Dan than on Afternic due to the lower commission. I would have to change my pricing to participate in this new market. Not sure I wanna do that.

•••
Still would like to see better verification. Most of those names were never owned by anyone else, or owned before there was a marketplace there.
Been domaining for over 20 years. Decided to give Dan.com a try. Uploaded a list of about 234 domains and 108 are already listed on Dan.com

Most of these I have owned for many years. There is no legitimate way these are listed on Dan.

I've tried to research and see if me adding them will trigger an owner verification but from what I read it looks like I would have to add a verification nameserver to 108 names and jump through a bunch of hoops to get in my portfolio?

Any advice? Really makes me wonder how many of my sales are someone arbitraging my names?

My first impression is not a positive one.

you saw your names on Dan and now you a new customer.....

Last edited:
•••
•••
There was an option like redirect to DAN landers ..
If we enable it would show like
https://dan.com/buy-domain/universe.pro?redirected=true&tld=pro
If we disable it would show like
https://universe.pro

@Jurgen Wolf
Its back.
7455875686.png

•••
•••

The first Open Domain Distribution Network is live!​

finally we have Afternic competition.

Afternic listings not showing on Uniregistry.com (a Godaddy company ) even.

Congratulations DAN!

•••
So which registrars and aftermarkets are part of the DDN? Blog doesn't specify.

•••
I've enabled the DAN Distribution Network, but at the moment it's a black box for me. I can well imagine that in the start-up phase the supply of participating domains must first increase before network partners will join this initiative. That is why I am happy to help realize such an ecosystem. Nevertheless, I'd also like to hear which network partners have already joined*. With this information I can estimate the scope of the distribution, and possibly adjust my prices to the new model, whereby more commission is withheld.

On the API Partnership Program page, at least the following 3 partners are currently listed as partner:
  • Efty
  • DNWE
  • United Domains

Last edited:
•••
Not sure if there will be partners that are not already sedo and/or afternic partners.

•••
G
I've enabled the DAN Distribution Network, but at the moment it's a black box for me. I can well imagine that in the start-up phase the supply of participating domains must first increase before network partners will join this initiative. That is why I am happy to help realize such an ecosystem. Nevertheless, I'd also like to hear which network partners have already joined*. With this information I can estimate the scope of the distribution, and possibly adjust my prices to the new model, whereby more commission is withheld.

On the API Partnership Program page, at least the following 3 partners are currently listed as partner:
  • Efty
  • DNWE
  • United Domains
Good morning @Future Sensors,

Great to hear that. We will soon launch a page with all integrators that are linked to our network. I cannot give away any names yet but several larger organizations are already working on getting integrated as we speak.

@Dane, we will initially show if the origin of your sale through the seller invoice. This will change in the near future!

•••
@LaszloSchenk ...
and guys...

seriously...dan..plz do something about overall speed of yer site..its really not good..

and some of it is literally unusable...namely.. when going into my folio.. I only have 1k names...many have more..poor dngear has like 20k... so I feel sorry when she goes to this section...even with my 1k names.. it takes forever for folio to show..and then any move or click.. sorting or anything.. takes another forever

plz I beg u... be professional and ensure yer site is usuable without such major delays. ty

Last edited:
•••
DDN - if there's no GD then it's pointless to me.....

•••
•••
Any chance that there would be an option to add the 11% markup to the domains going through DDN?
So we as sellers will get the same amount of money regardless of where the domains were sold?
@DAN.COM

•••
Any chance that there would be an option to add the 11% markup to the domains going through DDN?
So we as sellers will get the same amount of money regardless of where the domains were sold?
@DAN.COM
This is a great idea.

•••
@Dan any updates on when that "Category" feature will be added?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back