IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

NameSilo
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@LaszloSchenk What I'd like to know about the distribution network is

1. Will i need to turn off the make offer option and lease to own for my domains to show up on the distribution network?

2. How will I know if the buyer has paid for the domain outside of dan.com ?
Good morning,

Thank you for checking in with us.

In answering your questions:
1. This is not required. The network integrators will simply present your domain listings with the allocated buy it now price. If the platform integrated the LTO option this will be offered on their platform as well.

2. Currently, this can be determined through your commission invoice. In the near future, a nice mark will be introduced making it easy to determine if the sale originated from Dan or a network integrator.

Have a great day.

•••
@LaszloSchenk

What's the minimum offer received to get Media Options involved in the brokerage of a domain sale?

•••
•••
•••
Installments model on custom or else? What works best?

•••
Good morning,

Thank you for checking in with us.

In answering your questions:
1. This is not required. The network integrators will simply present your domain listings with the allocated buy it now price. If the platform integrated the LTO option this will be offered on their platform as well.

2. Currently, this can be determined through your commission invoice. In the near future, a nice mark will be introduced making it easy to determine if the sale originated from Dan or a network integrator.

Have a great day.
Thanks for your response @LaszloSchenk.

Another question I'd like the answer to is if I i select the list my domain on the distribution network option will my domains show up on the same marketplaces as Afternic's distribution network or at least Godaddy and Namecheap ?

•••
Thanks for your response @LaszloSchenk.

Another question I'd like the answer to is if I i select the list my domain on the distribution network option will my domains show up on the same marketplaces as Afternic's distribution network or at least Godaddy and Namecheap ?
Good morning,

It is my pleasure.

It will not be the same network as we have built our very own network which is expanding rapidly. A page with a full list of network integrators and partners involved will be released in the near future!

Have a great weekend ahead.

•••
Do we have a way to view are portfolio in order of most recently viewed/last visited?

That would be great, sometimes it seem it randomly shows this and thing it goes back to normal view.

I don't see the option in the Tabs section

Anyone?

•••
Do we have a way to view are portfolio in order of most recently viewed/last visited?

That would be great, sometimes it seem it randomly shows this and thing it goes back to normal view.

I don't see the option in the Tabs section

Anyone?
Good morning @DomainBarracksRob,

We do not have this option available yet but I will make sure to relay it to our product team for you.

Have a great week ahead.

•••
•••
Is there anybody who made a sale using dan's partners ?

•••
Dan really needs to offer a way for sellers to close or delete a "transaction activity" so that you never have to see it again and the (cough) buyer cannot interact with you.

The current "delete" button does absolutely nothing and it remains on your Dashboard and the seller is still able to post comments and additional lowballs. If you have a real jerk on the line, this can be infuriating, especially as there seems to be no way to get rid of him/her, even if the bids or comments are trolling or abusive.

I like how on Sedo you can totally close the transaction and be rid of hammerheads looking to abuse you, just because you refuse to sell them a premium domain for the minimum bid. If they come back, BAM!

Dan definitely needs a feature like that.

Last edited:
•••
Dan really needs a way to close or delete a transaction so that you never have to see it again and the (cough) buyer cannot interact with.

The current "delete" button does absolutely nothing and it remains on your Dashboard and the seller is still able to post comments and additional lowballs. If you have a real jerk on the line, this can be infuriating, especially as there seems to be no way to get rid of him/her, even if the bids or comments are trolling or abusive.

I like how on Sedo you can totally close the transaction and be rid of hammerheads looking to abuse you, just because you refuse to sell them a premium domain for the minimum bid. Dan definitely needs something like that.
Already requested but nothing is done...
As many other things... Will be pass to the dev team...

•••
Already requested but nothing is done...
As many other things... Will be pass to the dev team...

Thanks for the reply, and it's a bit weird how any "activity" on Dan that doesn't result in a sale is suddenly a "lifetime interaction" with the buyer.

•••
Avoid using payoneer for payments from DAN.com - I just got one rejected today just like some months back.

I don't see why DAN has not integrated payoneer payouts yet despite several requests here.

Payoneer integration is absolutely necessary for users of DAN based in third world countries with poor banking systems but seems like it is not a priority.

•••
Thanks for the reply, and it's a bit weird how any "activity" on Dan that doesn't result in a sale is suddenly a "lifetime interaction" with the buyer.

And as an added bonus, Dan sends you "Response Reminders" if you haven't interacted back with said hammerheads quickly enough.

Insult + Injury = ????

Last edited:
•••
Avoid using payoneer for payments from DAN.com - I just got one rejected today just like some months back.

I don't see why DAN has not integrated payoneer payouts yet despite several requests here.

Payoneer integration is absolutely necessary for users of DAN based in third world countries with poor banking systems but seems like it is not a priority.
Just rejection and no account re-reviews/KYC flags right? And I suppose DAN is still using that "Foundation" thingy again?

•••
Yes I would also like to be able to block users on Dan.com so they can't keep messaging or repeating offers.

Last edited:
•••
Ok, so I tried reseaching but I wasn't able to find anything.
Got an offer today on DAN (low xxx) and wanted to counter with low xxxx amount. Though I couldn't send the counter and it told me that the maximum amount I could counter was $900. wth is that?

Last edited:
•••
Got an offer today on DAN (low xxx) and wanted to counter with low xxxx amount. Though I couldn't send the counter and it told me that the maximum amount I could counter was $900. wth is that?

Now that's a new one to me and I'd love to hear what's going on here.

@LaszloSchenk

•••
Dan really needs to offer a way for sellers to close or delete a "transaction activity" so that you never have to see it again and the (cough) buyer cannot interact with you.

I like how on Sedo you can totally close the transaction and be rid of hammerheads looking to abuse you, just because you refuse to sell them a premium domain for the minimum bid. If they come back, BAM!

Dan definitely needs a feature like that.
You can ask DAN to block any abusive trolls. Have done it more than once. But I agree even if you delete it reappears on a page refresh. The way to avoid that (for now) is to reject offers outright and make a buy it button with your price.

•••
Ok, so I tried reseaching but I wasn't able to find anything.
Good morning @xyo,

This only happens when you are trying to submit an offer above your stated buy it now price. However, when experiencing such issues and trying to find out what is causing it, I would strongly recommend consulting our customer success instead of this Namepros thread.

If you contact our support with the name involved we will be able to give you a detailed answer as to why this happened.

Best regards,

•••
Good morning @xyo,

This only happens when you are trying to submit an offer above your stated buy it now price. However, when experiencing such issues and trying to find out what is causing it, I would strongly recommend consulting our customer success instead of this Namepros thread.

If you contact our support with the name involved we will be able to give you a detailed answer as to why this happened.

Best regards,
Hey Laszlo,

thanks for your answer which already cleared up everything. I totally forgot I had a buy it now price on that domain at said $900. Now that's kind of embarrassing for not thinking of that myself...

•••
Hey Laszlo,

thanks for your answer which already cleared up everything. I totally forgot I had a buy it now price on that domain at said $900. Now that's kind of embarrassing for not thinking of that myself...
Been there, done that. 😄

•••
@LaszloSchenk In the whois system of eurid you still see the old name/logo and the redirect link does not work. Can you change this?
23454567567.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back