NameSilo

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi guys @DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk or anyone

forgive me if it's been answered before I could not find it on site

What's the total in Commision between Dan + Media Options + when you enable /use the brokerage feature? What percent do we net after MO and Dan receive commission?

Thanks
I agreed to a MO broker at Dan a few weeks ago and it was a 20% commission. I believe that is the entire commission fee but I am not 100% sure if Dan still takes out their 9%. I don't think they do but I would like confirmation on this since MO has not been able to close the deal yet.

•••
I agreed to a MO broker at Dan a few weeks ago and it was a 20% commission. I believe that is the entire commission fee but I am not 100% sure if Dan still takes out their 9%. I don't think they do but I would like confirmation on this since MO has not been able to close the deal yet.

Thanks, Im assume you are correct as you are the 2nd person to tell me 20 today! Confirmation from Dan still is an added plus.

Thank You

•••
Hi guys @DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk or anyone

forgive me if it's been answered before I could not find it on site

What's the total in Commision between Dan + Media Options + when you enable /use the brokerage feature? What percent do we net after MO and Dan receive commission?

Thanks
Brought in Media Options into an offer I got last week. 20% was charged as total commission.

•••
Brought in Media Options into an offer I got last week. 20% was charged as total commission.

Wonderful Thank You!

and Congrats on your sale! :)

•••
Is it just me or you too get over 90% of bot traffic with session time 00:00 to 00:01 mostly from Coffeyville/Columbus/Huntsville/Boardman US? Source: Google Analytics.
You're not alone :xf.frown:

•••
How was the experience with media options? Did they bring you a better sale price wise?

•••
Hello @LaszloSchenk

Does Dan offer a full escrow service? Where Dan takes possession of the domain into an escrow account before transferring the domain to the buyer? or does the domain get transferred directly to the buyer?

Its been a while since I had a sale with Dan and I don't remember. I prefer to use a full escrow service. Especially with higher priced sales.
I don't like to transfer a domain from myself to the buyer directly even if the Auth code goes through Dan fist.

Thank you
I can tell you that on a payment plan sale they ask you for auth code to move the domain to their registrar. When the buyer is done paying the domain is turned over. DAN holds the domain throught the full plan.

Regular sales the bot asks you the seller would you like to push or auth code. Not sure if any of that is what you mean by full service.

•••
How was the experience with media options? Did they bring you a better sale price wise?
You give them a range of what you want.

In my case, the domain in question had a BIN with a minimum make offer of 1000. The BIN was way off from the minimum offer. Buyer came in at that minimum offer and was polite. Offered him 10% off the BIN or a 6-month installment plan. He didn't reply. So, I activated brokerage and set the expected price to the BIN and the reserve to 20% off the BIN. Buyer finally came in within that range.

I think your question is better suited for make offer only scenarios

Last edited:
•••
I think the share ratio is private between Dan and MO.

Media Options usually charges 15% on their site. Don't know if that's still the case.

Last edited:
•••
You give them a range of what you want.

In my case, the domain in question had a BIN with a minimum make offer of 1000. The BIN was way off from the minimum offer. Buyer came in at that minimum offer and was polite. Offered him 10% off the BIN or a 6-month installment plan. He didn't reply. So, I activated brokerage and set the expected price to the BIN and the reserve to 20% off the BIN. Buyer finally came in within that range.

I think your question is better suited for make offer only scenarios

If Media Option had not much role in your case then why involve them and pay a 10% extra commission? I dont understand. You must have activated brokerage option with more commission with something in mind?

Last edited:
•••
Did you read where I said that there was radio silence from the buyer after I countered?

I enabled brokerage after some days had elapsed.

Last edited:
•••
I can tell you that on a payment plan sale they ask you for auth code to move the domain to their registrar. When the buyer is done paying the domain is turned over. DAN holds the domain throught the full plan.

Regular sales the bot asks you the seller would you like to push or auth code. Not sure if any of that is what you mean by full service.
Full service is when the broker takes possession of the domain then transfers it t the buyer.
That is the safest way for the seller.

Transferring it directly to the buyer can lead to false claims that the buyer never actually received the domain.

A buyer can accuse the seller of transferring it to another account just to show a transfer took place in order to get the funds and keep the domain at the same time, this claim can cause the broker to return the funds back to the buyer while the buyer actually has possession of the domain therefor the buyer gets a free domain.

This is a tactic used in the past with another broker years ago so I have always insisted that they take possession of the domain before transferring it to the buyer.

•••
Full service is when the broker takes possession of the domain then transfers it t the buyer.
That is the safest way for the seller.

Transferring it directly to the buyer can lead to false claims that the buyer never actually received the domain.

A buyer can accuse the seller of transferring it to another account just to show a transfer took place in order to get the funds and keep the domain at the same time, this claim can cause the broker to return the funds back to the buyer while the buyer actually has possession of the domain therefor the buyer gets a free domain.

This is a tactic used in the past with another broker years ago so I have always insisted that they take possession of the domain before transferring it to the buyer.
With how fast the payout is at Dan, my guess is that they take control of the domain first. But, I'm not sure. @LaszloSchenk can clarify better.

•••
Hello @LaszloSchenk

Does Dan offer a full escrow service? Where Dan takes possession of the domain into an escrow account before transferring the domain to the buyer? or does the domain get transferred directly to the buyer?

Its been a while since I had a sale with Dan and I don't remember. I prefer to use a full escrow service. Especially with higher priced sales.
I don't like to transfer a domain from myself to the buyer directly even if the Auth code goes through Dan fist.

Thank you
Good morning @lennco,

In fairly all cases we will take control of the domain in our holding account first to ensure that you as a seller will receive your payout faster. Only when we have no holding account with the domain's current registrar will we initiate a direct transfer to the buyer.

Have a great week ahead.

•••
Hello @LaszloSchenk
Can you guys pls communicate with your kyc department to verify my details since Friday? Your payout team is asking for documents that have sent to kyc department since Friday. This is not fair.
And supports are not even online to respond to messages
Check Dm for more details pls

Last edited:
•••
Good morning @lennco,

In fairly all cases we will take control of the domain in our holding account first to ensure that you as a seller will receive your payout faster. Only when we have no holding account with the domain's current registrar will we initiate a direct transfer to the buyer.

Have a great week ahead.
All domains should always be transferred/pushed into one of Dan's holding accounts.
The transfer to buyer should always be between Dan and the buyer.
A buyer can always create a new account at a registrar that Dan can accommodate.

Anytime a seller has to directly transfer a domain to a buyer the seller is then put at risk of losing a domain. Whenever I use Escrow.com I always use their Convergence service.

I would be happy to pay for this service if needed. Have the option to Add the cost of the transfer to the seller would be fine.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Another good example on why Dan should always transfer/push into their holding account.

I sold a domain on Saturday for a small amount and I got a message today that the buyer has yet to begin the transfer after sending him the Auth code and that the 1st reminder has been sent and if the buyer doesn't begin the transfer by the 3rd reminder at the end of the week then Dan will transfer the domain into Dan's holding account.

So I would have to wait a week for the transfer to take place if the buyer doesn't begin the transfer.
That seems unnecessary.

Fyi, If the sold domain is at Godaddy you can push it into Dan's Godaddy account and choose not to have the 60 day lock when pushed and then it can be transferred to a different registry from Dan.

This would expedite the transaction for the seller so the seller could receive the funds almost immediately.

Thanks

•••
Another good example on why Dan should always transfer/push into their holding account.

I sold a domain on Saturday for a small amount and I got a message today that the buyer has yet to begin the transfer after sending him the Auth code and that the 1st reminder has been sent and if the buyer doesn't begin the transfer by the 3rd reminder at the end of the week then Dan will transfer the domain into Dan's holding account.

So I would have to wait a week for the transfer to take place if the buyer doesn't begin the transfer.
That seems unnecessary.

Fyi, If the sold domain is at Godaddy you can push it into Dan's Godaddy account and choose not to have the 60 day lock when pushed and then it can be transferred to a different registry from Dan.

This would expedite the transaction for the seller so the seller could receive the funds almost immediately.

Thanks
Good morning @lennco,

It fully depends on the domain's state, where it is located, and if we have a holding account here. If you let me know which domain name is involved I can look into the transaction for you.

•••
Good morning @lennco,

It fully depends on the domain's state, where it is located, and if we have a holding account here. If you let me know which domain name is involved I can look into the transaction for you.
Hi @LaszloSchenk

The domain I was talking about is a small sale no biggie, I'll send it to you but I was just using it as an example.
My concern is with large sales, $x,xxx $xx.xxx. Those sales I would never transfer a domain directly to a buyer. I would want to make sure I can send those to Dan's holding account.

Thanks

•••
I just read Konstantinos’ blogpost on Dan’s new marketplace thing. I’d really like to know why, WTH, etc. Seemed to me that Dan’s most important feature was its separation from bigger, older, more pernicious marketplaces and its thusly lower costs to domain sellers. Now it seems they are looking to erase their differences from those other marketplaces.

After trying to identify the purpose and targets of this new endeavor from the quoted material from Dan.com, I fastened on the phrase “to serve end-users” — and the addresses to registrars, other marketplaces, Whois providers, and startups. Clearly not addressed to sellers such as myself.

Wish it could all be translated out of the confusing marketing language it's in, back into human. All I can glean is that this new marketplace is their answer to Afternic, somewhere they (Dan) can charge 20% (or more?), pull in partners, and offer fast transfer. And as a seller I think I should steer way clear of it. (Is that even possible? Can I control where their prospective partners advertise my names?)

Last edited:
•••
Anyone else having trouble logging in ? Just getting a white screen with retry later in the corner !?

•••
Anyone else having trouble logging in ? Just getting a white screen with retry later in the corner !?
Yes. I get the same message.

•••
Same, having trouble logging in for the last couple of hours....

•••
•••
@LaszloSchenk What I'd like to know about the distribution network is

1. Will i need to turn off the make offer option and lease to own for my domains to show up on the distribution network?

2. How will I know if the buyer has paid for the domain outside of dan.com ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back