IT.COM

Consolidated SuperSales - Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

At which of the Domain.com resellers do you have an account?

usernamex

Top Member
Impact
While recovering from the past weekend of scattered deals and in anticipation of the next SuperSale, I am weary of having several threads related to the SuperSales at Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster.

Since the promos often work at more than one reseller, I would love to have a single thread to watch and participate in, if you agree, hang out here and watch this thread!

All NPers are welcome to post coupons and promos here as long as they are Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster. That way we all have a better chance at awesome savings as soon as the promos are live!

The usernamex Guide to SuperSales

SuperSales are promotions done by the family of registrars under Domain.com, including MyDomain.com NetFirms.com Dotster.com

About every 10 days to two weeks, one or more of these registrars runs what I like to call SuperSales - with dot COM / NET domain registrations for bargain prices, $1.99 - $2.99 - $3.99. Sometimes the specials are good for multi-year registrations, sometimes only the first year is discounted.

The super fun part is they let you use coupons ON TOP of the promo, so there have been specials as low as $1.39, $1.59 is more common, and $1.99 is still great any time!

If you are new, the best choice is usually MyDomain, since their renewals are second best (to Domain) and I have not seen the $1.99 special ever offered at Domain direct

A great way to get an account set up is NOT during the frenzy of the SuperSales, and a trick you can use without having to contact support is to buy the easiest to type/remember cheapest domain you can, like whatever ngTLD is on sale for $1.99, that will be your username. You can drop the domain after a year and your account will be fine. Otherwise get on chat and they can set you up ahead of time without having to make a purchase.

To make it easy for everyone, if you can BOLD any coupon codes, that would be super, and if you tested coupons successfully, please mention the reseller where you tested.

Shameless Plug - Support usernamex with these affiliate links:
https://www.mydomain.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839948
https://www.netfirms.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839949

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Judging by the fact this thread is essentially buried in the archives, it seems to me that DomFam has managed to kill off any real excitement about its recent domain sales and promos.

Too bad.

•••
Judging by the fact this thread is essentially buried in the archives, it seems to me that DomFam has managed to kill off any real excitement about its recent domain sales and promos.

Too bad.

true enough

now they are just as boring as most other registrars :)

•••
Just got it from Netfirms

RigdW-LNaXluuULjckBiW6ckHMVg.png

Offers end June 11, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific

•••
any coupons work 4 transfers now?

•••
any coupons work 4 transfers now?

It used to be true that when they did the three tier code promos it would work for transfers, like 15% no minimum, 20% off $40 and 25% off $60. Since their bulk transfer stopped working, the only coupon that would work was the 15% off could be used one domain at a time. Tested the last three tier code promo and this was NOT the case any longer, not even the 15% worked.

The bulk transfer has been dysfunctional for months now, my best guess is the glitch that allowed us to use the coupons toward transfers was related to the bulk transfer feature and that may be why they disabled it.

It was fun while it lasted : smile :

PS Best deal now is $6.49 transfers at LCN, better to stay in @alcy's transfer thread for discussion or questions
https://www.namepros.com/posts/6746159/

•••
Has anyone else been getting emails from DomFam (mine are from MyDomain) with subj. line "URGENT" regarding updating data preferences for your registered domains? I've gotten at least five emails within a two-week period and I find that really strange. Worst of all, it requires clicking on an embedded link which (very) reluctantly I did one time. It seemed to relate specifically to my .ME domains registered with them.

I should try chat support but thought I'd survey some of you to see if anyone shares my experience.

Last edited:
•••
Yes I'm getting them as well. Presumably, this is for GDPR compliance to set your content and data sharing preferences

•••
Has anyone else been getting emails from DomFam (mine are from MyDomain) with subj. line "URGENT" regarding updating data preferences for your registered domains? I've gotten at least five emails within a two-week period and I find that really strange. Worst of all, it requires clicking on an embedded link which (very) reluctantly I did one time. It seemed to relate specifically to my .ME domains registered with them.

I should try chat support but thought I'd survey some of you to see if anyone shares my experience.

the main email says urgent... but I clicked link once and read through it and it said its totally optional.

Last edited:
•••
the main email says urgent... but I clicked link once and read through it and it said its totally optional.
I see you wiped the "ignore" part. As I was going to reply maybe we shouldn't ignore things that concern our rights to privacy. Even so, I really don't know how opting in v. opting out affects the security of my contact info in this case.

At least for now I'm not overly concerned about it.

•••
I see you wiped the "ignore" part. As I was going to reply maybe we shouldn't ignore things that concern our rights to privacy. Even so, I really don't know how opting in v. opting out affects the security of my contact info in this case.

At least for now I'm not overly concerned about it.

well what i meant to say was that i chose to ignore it... its a decision u and others will have to make individually

•••
as of now working for .com on doster.. check others if u want

5.99$ .com regs.

no transfers.

enjoy

upload_2018-6-20_15-17-5.png

Last edited:
•••
How much are renewals ? Thinking of registering 1000 .COMs but contemplating GD and Namebright.

•••
How much are renewals ? Thinking of registering 1000 .COMs but contemplating GD and Namebright.

i thought you drop most your regs ;)

jk

renewals are bad on these companies.

so u can save money and reg at $6 on promos.. then etiher drop or transfer out.

•••
$5.99 already over LOL

Checked all four domfam - Domain/MyDomain/NetFirms/Dotster

•••
•••
Any coupon codes for MyDomain.com?

•••
Any coupon codes for MyDomain.com?

All recent coupons are only good for new products. No promo codes have worked for transfer or renew for months.

Any current domains of mine still at DomFam are being transferred away as they expire instead of renewing there.

Exception is dot ME which for some reason domfam - Domain/MyDomain/NetFirms/Dotster has best price anywhere at $10 even without coupons.

•••
All recent coupons are only good for new products. No promo codes have worked for transfer or renew for months.

Any current domains of mine still at DomFam are being transferred away as they expire instead of renewing there.

Exception is dot ME which for some reason domfam - Domain/MyDomain/NetFirms/Dotster has best price anywhere at $10 even without coupons.

Thanks, my domains are too late to transfer away, and the renewal price is $12.99, it's double the price of transfer, oh well...

•••
@hjordis - You can safely transfer away from DomFam up to about 24 days AFTER expiry, when are the expirations?

Make sure you have access to the Admin email, request Auth Codes and unlock, then start the process at the gaining registrar. Gaining registrar will send approval email, then DomFam takes about one day to send the approval email and they will process right after that, typically can be finished in 48 hours.

LCN is still running transfer deal for $6.49

•••
I am interested too, who is lcn?

•••
Check @alcy's Transfer thread for LCN info, details are spread out through a few pages though, starting around this post
https://www.namepros.com/posts/6272650/

TL:DR
$6.49 transfers, good fast support, may require manual verification for first time customers, credit card/no paypal, based in UK, long standing company, no fee for transfer away, auth code for transfer away has nag screen and must be done one by one, yet no other gotchas.

Any other questions about LCN ask in that thread so we stay on track : wink :

•••
Are there cheap transfers at the several registrars,
and when is there again a 0,99 or 1,99 registration ?

•••
Are there cheap transfers at the several registrars,
and when is there again a 0,99 or 1,99 registration ?

nothing now

cheap regs usually $4. I'd say few times a year.. no one knows when. no more 1$ or 2$ sadly.

cheap transfers not seen in 2 years about.

•••
auth code for transfer away has nag screen and must be done one by one, yet no other gotchas.

:

You can add multiple domains for transfer. Just use small letters. Example: domain.com,)$5576488. Domain name, comma then auth code without spaces, one per line.

•••
You can add multiple domains for transfer. Just use small letters. Example: domain.com,)$5576488. Domain name, comma then auth code without spaces, one per line.

which site did this work on for you and when was the last time it worked roughly? ty

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back