IT.COM

Consolidated SuperSales - Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

At which of the Domain.com resellers do you have an account?

usernamex

Top Member
Impact
While recovering from the past weekend of scattered deals and in anticipation of the next SuperSale, I am weary of having several threads related to the SuperSales at Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster.

Since the promos often work at more than one reseller, I would love to have a single thread to watch and participate in, if you agree, hang out here and watch this thread!

All NPers are welcome to post coupons and promos here as long as they are Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster. That way we all have a better chance at awesome savings as soon as the promos are live!

The usernamex Guide to SuperSales

SuperSales are promotions done by the family of registrars under Domain.com, including MyDomain.com NetFirms.com Dotster.com

About every 10 days to two weeks, one or more of these registrars runs what I like to call SuperSales - with dot COM / NET domain registrations for bargain prices, $1.99 - $2.99 - $3.99. Sometimes the specials are good for multi-year registrations, sometimes only the first year is discounted.

The super fun part is they let you use coupons ON TOP of the promo, so there have been specials as low as $1.39, $1.59 is more common, and $1.99 is still great any time!

If you are new, the best choice is usually MyDomain, since their renewals are second best (to Domain) and I have not seen the $1.99 special ever offered at Domain direct

A great way to get an account set up is NOT during the frenzy of the SuperSales, and a trick you can use without having to contact support is to buy the easiest to type/remember cheapest domain you can, like whatever ngTLD is on sale for $1.99, that will be your username. You can drop the domain after a year and your account will be fine. Otherwise get on chat and they can set you up ahead of time without having to make a purchase.

To make it easy for everyone, if you can BOLD any coupon codes, that would be super, and if you tested coupons successfully, please mention the reseller where you tested.

Shameless Plug - Support usernamex with these affiliate links:
https://www.mydomain.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839948
https://www.netfirms.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839949

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@usernamex Mine's been 30 days already :( I can no longer request auth codes since all the services are disabled. If they don't release any new coupons soon, I'm afraid I have to pay those extra $$$

•••
@hjordis - you should still be able to request unlocking and get the Auth Codes sent from support, even if you cannot do it yourself from your control panel. As long as you are between day 30 and day 42ish, otherwise you'll be even worse off and into redemption for them all.

DM me a few domains if you can't tell and will lookup by whois for ya.

•••
which site did this work on for you and when was the last time it worked roughly? ty

My guess is @thekiller was referring to LCN bulk transfer, not any of domfam - Domain/MyDomain/NetFirms/Dotster, their bulk transfer has been broken for ages.

•••
MyDomain coupon: DOMAINDAY - good for 15% off new domain names no minimum purchase.
Maximum savings with the discount is $300.
Offers end August 27, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific.

•••
@usernamex I contacted the support and they couldn't send me any auth codes for the domains because they've already expired, over 30 days. I think I will renew a few good ones, and leave the rest to expire. Too bad that the coupon DOMAINDAY doesn't work on renewals

•••
@hjordis - contact support again and ask for a supervisior, keep escalating until you get someone who knows the rules correctly. It is against ICANN terms for them to deny giving you Auth Codes if your domains are expired. If they already sold them off at day 29 then you are out of luck, yet if the domains are still under 44 days expired you have the right to the Auth Codes and can start transfer successfully.

Good luck!

•••
@usernamex YOU ARE AWESOME! I would have given up already without your help, they finally sent me the auth codes for the domains!!! :xf.laugh::xf.laugh::xf.laugh: Thank you sooooooo very much!

•••
All of Them ... Current Sale!

.Com $5.99
.Net $5.99

•••
nice! let's see how long it lasts.. good price on the .net

.coms have been on special for long while now.. though maybe ending soon.. on dyna and namesilo for only $1 more.. so no big deal with $6

net is $8 on dyna too for a while now..

but still, a bit of saving for those who wanna reg some stuff

enjoy!

thanks!

•••
•••
okay.. all over... about 4 hours lasted.. not bad.

u can check my post above for other current com/net promos.

•••
50% off any single item.
spacer.gif

Coupon Code: NEWFORYOU50

Netfirms
Ends March 13th

•••
50% off any single item.
spacer.gif

Coupon Code: NEWFORYOU50

Netfirms
Ends March 13th

new regs any extension?
transfers?
cheers

•••
New regs only. Not for transfers. You can use this code only 1 time.

You can buy 2-3 .com or .net domain in same time.

•••
nice.. thnaks so I guess if u got dotster and netfirms accnts.. u can use it once on each?

•••
@alcy

spacer.gif

*LIMITED TIME OFFER. NEWFORYOU50 coupon and offer ends March 13, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. NEWFORYOU50 coupon is good for 50% off one (1) new product with no minimum purchase required. Coupon may not be combined with any other offer. Maximum savings with the discount is $300. All renewals on products and services after the initial discounted period will be charged at the then current standard list price for the selected period. Coupon is not valid with sunrise registrations, landrush registrations, EAP registrations, pre-registrations, premium registrations, renewals, transfers, custom website design, other coupons, or special pricing.
spacer.gif

•••
@hjordis - contact support again and ask for a supervisior, keep escalating until you get someone who knows the rules correctly. It is against ICANN terms for them to deny giving you Auth Codes if your domains are expired. If they already sold them off at day 29 then you are out of luck, yet if the domains are still under 44 days expired you have the right to the Auth Codes and can start transfer successfully.

Good luck!

User, is if true that under 44 days last exp, we're legally allowed auth codes? Can you link?

•••
New regs only. Not for transfers. You can use this code only 1 time.

You can buy 2-3 .com or .net domain in same time.
There's a little trick to this. At least this is what happened in my case. I registered two .com and one .net -- when I entered the promo code, it only discounted the single .net ... = no good!! So then I deleted everything, clicked back arrow and proceeded to register just the two .com names ... = good!! Just $10 for both names. I chose not to try three names (all .com) but that is certainly worth a try to save some extra dough.

ALSO -- very important -- DON'T log in before you register your new domains, because IMO their new interface in logged-in mode really stinks! At least with MyDomain (that's my opinion!). I'm not sure about the other fam registrars.

Good luck and happy savings!

Last edited:
•••
FYI... registered 9 .com's at promo price of $5 each in one go at NetFirms :xf.grin:

Has anyone used this promo code at MyDomains and/or Domain.com?

•••
FYI... registered 9 .com's at promo price of $5 each in one go at NetFirms :xf.grin:

Has anyone used this promo code at MyDomains and/or Domain.com?

I registered only on Mydomain. I couldnt used this code on others. They dont accept payment.

•••
i used my on netfirm
worked good
not sure if possible to use elsewhere after 1 use somewhere

•••
Coupon Code: DAYLIGHT18

Get 18% off your domain purchase this weekend only!

*LIMITED TIME OFFER. DAYLIGHT18 coupon and offer ends March 10, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. DAYLIGHT18 coupon is good for 18% off new domain registrations. Maximum savings with the discount is $300. All renewals on products and services after the initial discounted period will be charged at the then current standard list price for the selected period. Coupon is not valid with sunrise registrations, landrush registrations, EAP registrations, pre-registrations, premium registrations, renewals, transfers, custom website design, other coupons, or special pricing.

•••
•••
At this point, DomFam "deals" (compared to the competition) are ancient history.

Also a word of caution, transfers away have now been made more difficult for expired names, so that you have to contact support for an Auth Code. That's still better than some registrars, however.

Last edited:
•••
Any .com transfer cheap option? :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back