IT.COM

new gtlds Coming Soon: New .Blog Domains for Websites

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
For more than a decade, the word “blog” has been synonymous with “your home on the web.” And since 2005, WordPress.com has been proud to help you create a unique space that is all yours.

Now we’re excited to announce a brand new way to create a unique identity for your website: .blog, a top-level domain extension that will let you create a customized name and web address for your site.

A name that’s all yours
Just like .com before it, .blog is clear and accessible, and it creates millions of fresh, new options for naming your blog. It’s the perfect place to build your home on the web.

Finish reading at Wordpress.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I saw that also on the news, but felt the info direct from wordpress was more worthy of getting the word out there.

•••
Fascinating. I wonder how much they will be. I also wonder if aside from trademark, any priority will be given to current wordpress.com users.

Glad it was acquired by WP though and not even more omnipotent Google

•••
For personalized websites .BLOG is good one. Lets see how it does among other nTLDs.

•••
Hopefully they won't go crazy with premium pricing as some others do. They really have the possibility to make something good out of this.

•••
This is one of the best nGTLDs in my opinion

•••
Fascinating. I wonder how much they will be. I also wonder if aside from trademark, any priority will be given to current wordpress.com users.

Glad it was acquired by WP though and not even more omnipotent Google

I am glad it was purchased by Wordpress too.

I think Google has more than their share of TLDs and it might have gotten put on the backburner if they bought it.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back