NameSilo

Casual Virtual Reality (VR) Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Okay, got my eye on 3 vr domains.
Was going to get them this morning.
My wife though, said I had a choice.
Get the domains and not get the vape unit I want.
Dammit!
Still trying to decide! hahahhahahaa

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Heard of the phrase, 'Pot calling the kettle black'? I'd say nearly everyone on this thread has been guilty of registering less than premium VR names. Not sure it's your place to be singling one person out of many. Better still. If you can offer advice on a more effective way to invest, drop them a PM rather than potentially undermining somebody on a public forum.

Good advice. I won't waste my time though, not just because I'm not a guru, but because others here have also talked to him already about the MASSIVE VOLUME of poor quality names he's registering and it doesn't seem to help. Domaining can be like an addiction if you don't watch it. I've regged some questionable domains while even mentioning that I'm aware that they're either very long or long shots.... But the issue that I and others have mentioned is the sheer AMOUNT of poor quality that Avtar629 has been posting. I can't help but to wonder what kind of premium domain he could have purchased for the same price. It's absolutely amazing. I do agree that I should have pmed him though... And in no way am I claiming superiority. I made only $4k in the last 12 months on NON-VR names, so my take on what makes a quality VR name may very well be wrong!

Last edited:
•••
VR is Like S@x - You'll Always Remember Your First Time"

Garry Balogh, 2016

•••
Is your complete list viewable soe? Would be interesting to see how many and what domains you have so far.

It's embarrassing really onekey. Rather plead the 5th on that but I'm sure it easy enough to check.

•••
Heard of the phrase, 'Pot calling the kettle black'? I'd say nearly everyone on this thread has been guilty of registering less than premium VR names. Not sure it's your place to be singling one person out of many. Better still. If you can offer advice on a more effective way to invest, drop them a PM rather than potentially undermining somebody on a public forum.

Sorry to ram the point home but I'm not thee only one with a target on my back here
I think everyone is just jocking for position like a domainer sword sausage fight. Lol

But how does it affect me? Or anyone else? Where's the best place to sell vr domains?

Here!

So with all the comments on my mediocre domains. Would selling my domains here be an option?

Yes or no?

This is exactly what comments do. And PM's are for. I've seen some crap domains myself but I know I'd be hurting that guys chance to sell on the biggest best vr domainer forum on the planet.

So i make a face on my end. And keep my fingers off the keys. It's amazing how hard it is to not type. Lol

But it's ok though. I'm an idiot registering crap domains. Hoping for just $50-$100 sale here and there. But thanks to you guys I do wait for 99cent and $1.99 specials.GL you all!

Last edited:
•••
VR is Like S@x - You'll Always Remember Your First Time"

Garry Balogh, 2016

Yea. And when the c*nd*m broke.

•••
What do you know.... you can't even talk about vr names that do not contain the VR term.
Deleted ! Again ! I take the hint !
I am not sure what the value is when you don't know what you can talk about,
or what words you can use to describe it.
...LOL...
Good Luck With That...

•••
iijh lnjnm
What do you know.... you can't even talk about vr names that do not contain the VR term.
Deleted ! Again ! I take the hint !
I am not sure what the value is when you don't know what you can talk about,
or what words you can use to describe it.
...LOL...
Good Luck With That...

There was a long conversation a few days ago about VR related brandables with names clearly on topic but not containing VR and like 15 posts got re/moved. This is silly. Mod needs to let the discussion flow especially if it is pertinent to the overall theme of the VR names. You should be able to compare VR brandables with VR and without. It ALWAYS returns back to pure VR names anyways. It's an annoying trend lol. But hey, I don't pay rent here.

•••
iijh lnjnm

There was a long conversation a few days ago about VR related brandables with names clearly on topic but not containing VR and like 15 posts got re/moved. This is silly. Mod needs to let the discussion flow especially if it is pertinent to the overall theme of the VR names. You should be able to compare VR brandables with VR and without. It ALWAYS returns back to pure VR names anyways. It's an annoying trend lol. But hey, I don't pay rent here.

they are not vr related brandables. they are just brandables. period.
with no "VR" or anythign conncting them to VR. other than the way in which they are used which can be VR related. so yes they may be used for VR by companies for reasons we discussed hundred times before.. budget.. finances.. availabilite etc.. but they are not your usual VR brandable type like starVR or whatveer else there may be.

so for a 100th time: yes, there will be domains used for VR related stuff in future that will not have VR/virtual/virtualreality in them. and they could be anything at all. as in: 54356465 possibilities and options. which is what brandables are, for any niches, an infinite number of possibilities.

so I sure hope mods will not allow these infinite possib8ilities to be posted on here and turn a VR showcase into a whatever-infinite-bs-brandable-you-can-come-up-with thread.

well.. they can.. but that'll probably be the last you'll see of me on this thread.. and 90% other people too I think.

jm2cents.
cheers

Last edited:
•••
If the brandables are already being used in the VR niche, I don't see what the problem is. However, if we are only speculating about brandables that could be used in VR, the thread will get muddy fast.

•••
If the brandables are already being used in the VR niche, I don't see what the problem is. However, if we are only speculating about brandables that could be used in VR, the thread will get muddy fast.

of course there are some brandables being used in VR. and there will be in future too. some people simply prefer those or like brandables in general, others have no money to buy VRGames, yet others find their prefered VR+keyword is alrewady used elsehwere.. others just don't care.. etc etc.. reasons could be as infinite as the brandable names themselves.. but those are the type of domains you would not know are for VR unless you enetered the site. which makes them just brandable domains. not VR brandables.

I sure hope this thread doesn't turn into some random bs brandable showcase. I got no problem with brnadables, but because of their infinite number and possibilities, they are no fit for a thread.. well.. not this one at least. imo.

but hey.. it's not my playground so let's let @Eric Lyon decide whats allowed or not, and end this bs once for all. I'm sick and tired wasting time repeating same stuff and reading about some imaginary brnadables I can spit 5454554 of at any time, 50 times a day.

•••
I've seen "V" related domains get deleted/removed. A few days ago all "VRx" names were moved to one of the other VR threads like they're just padding the other threads that get little activity. So it's not just random non VR brandables that gets this treatment. But like I said it's annoying... but I don't pay rent here.

Last edited:
•••
Well said @BostonDomainer

Its getting ridiculous imo...and most would agree on this thread

•••
I've seen "V" related domains get deleted/removed. A few days ago all "VRx" names were moved to one of the other VR threads like they're just the other threads that get little activity. So it's not just random non VR brandables get gets this treatment. But like I said it's annoying... but I don't pay rent here.

well.. maybe some strict rules should be placed what is allowed or not.. I see no porblem with V+keyword or VRX

but random bs brandables of which I got 5435454 of on top of my tongue all day long.. no thanks. I'm not gonna spit it out on here into other people's face.. and I appreciate if I'm shown same kind of respect from others, and do not have to read their random spit either.

so.. everyone in agreement then?

V+kw
VR+kw
VRX+kw
virtual+kw
virtualreality+kw

and their reverse options.

let's set some basic rules so we don't have to waste each other time here and the mods timne.

so let's all nicely agree and get back to some biz.

cheers.

•••
Well said @BostonDomainer

Its getting ridiculous imo...and most would agree on this thread

I think ridiculous is what you'd get when you'll start showcasing 543545544 random brandables a day.. that you gotta go check the site for to understand they have a faintest connect to VR... then this place would go down drain real fast and real good. where is the fun in that.

•••
or mods need to start issuign serious warning for people who are offtopic. so peoploe take them seriously.

As said posts related to VR gets deleted for being off topic, I'm not the one just saying this, other people are too.

This is the most active thread on NamePros, there's barely any conflict here, just let people get on with it - As for going off topic now and again. We aren't androids, we are human beings, so can't we speak to people on human level, have a laugh and maybe change the subject now and again?

Going OTT about the rules and what not makes me question 1) if someone has some form of autism or 2) if they just need to get a life.

Last edited:
•••
As said posts related to VR gets deleted for being off topic, I'm not the one just saying this, other people are too.

This is the most active thread on NamePros, there's barely any conflict here, just let people get on with it - As for going off topic now and again. We aren't androids, we are all human beings, so can't we speak to people on human level and change the subject now and again?

Going OTT about the rules and what not makes me question 1) if someone has some form of autism or 2) if they just need to get a life.

I think you failed to understand how np works. they have threads. for various topics.
it doesn't make you android or says you have no life if you follow np rules.

if you do not like np rules, then you just ask to get deleted or suspended. simple no?

•••
I think you failed to understand how np works. they have threads. for various topics.
it doesn't make you android or says you have no life if you follow np rules.

if you do not like np rules, then you just ask to get deleted or suspended. simple no?

Stop making a mountain out of a molehill Alcy.

•••
Stop making a mountain out of a molehill Alcy.

it never ceases to amaze me how everyone always asks others to stop something.. where the real problem is those who start... anyway.. let's stop here before we get both suspended. me for following np rules, and you not for following them.

•••
My point is that there really isn't a need for a heavy handed overseer. Title of this thread is "Virtual Reality (VR)" and this is a discussion section. If a strong discussion ensues which requires someone to mention 360, fov, non-vr brandables to get a point across, it doesn't need to be moved or deleted. The more active members here do a good job of bringing it back naturally. I think those posts serve as a beneficial aside in terms of giving people myself included a bigger understanding of VR as it relates to domain names and other areas and makes for richer discussions. I like to think this thread is about education as much as it is about showcasing. Startups and marketing people are on NP and read these threads when they show up in search engines. If I have a non-VR containing brandable and am pitching it to a VR company- why can't a healthy discussion proceed from that without it being move towards obscurity? Even if it's saying your brandables suck and won't move well due to blah blah blah blah. It's good convo imo. There's like 5 VR threads now, all slightly different and things being moved everywhere.

•••
it never ceases to amaze me how everyone always asks others to stop something.. where the real problem is those who start... anyway.. let's stop here before we get both suspended. me for following np rules, and you not for following them.

What do you keep mentioning suspensions for? :-/ Stop trying to plant seeds, no one's done anything wrong to be suspended.

•••
What do you keep mentioning suspensions for? :-/ Stop trying to plant seeds, no one's done anything wrong for anyone to be suspended.

I mention it cause I can. and you won't tell me what I can.
the good news is, whether I get susepended or not, or you get suspeneded, is not up to you or me, but up to mods. don't you get it? this is not yoru playground. and when your not on your playground, you have to be nice and play by rules.

•••
My point is that there really isn't a need for a heavy handed overseer. Title of this thread is "Virtual Reality (VR)" and this is a discussion section. If a strong discussion ensues which requires someone to mention 360, fov, non-vr brandables to get a point across, it doesn't need to be moved or deleted. The more active members here do a good job of bringing it back naturally. I think those posts serve as a beneficial aside in terms of giving people myself included a bigger understanding of VR as it relates to domain names and other areas and makes for richer discussions. I like to think this thread is about education as much as it is about showcasing. Startups and marketing people are on NP and read these threads when they show up in search engines. If I have a non-VR containing brandable and am pitching it to a VR company- why can't a healthy discussion proceed from that without it being move towards obscurity? Even if it's saying your brandables suck and won't move well due to blah blah blah blah. It's good convo imo. There's like 5 VR threads now, all slightly different and things being moved everywhere.

its not that simple mate. it always begin with one little offtopic message or domain like you said... then it spins into several and into pages upon pages after that.. its just how it works. and bvefore you know it, you got yoruself 5 pages of holo or some brandable BS on the thread.. so you want to take out evil by root. not let it spread and grow do you know what I mean?

this thread is VR domain showcase. purpose of thread explained in post#1 by original poster.
here this originally strictly meant VR+keyword.. then I think keyword+vr was added..
then by popular acceptance virtual and virtualreality was allowed. cause no one complained and enough people owned them.

if random brandables at rate of 5834578574 a day are allowed here, and I have to go view to site to understand the domain name has a connection to VR, you bet i will complain. cause i like this thread and want it to stay on topic.

if my complaints are not heard and removed, then I will simply stop participating. some will love it when I go, others will cry. c'est la vie.
cheers

Last edited:
•••
Why don't people contact Management if they dislike how a thread is run.

This is thread is about VR domains, the other day we had 6 pages of Holo talk in this thread.

I like Holo but if I want to read about it, I will go into the Holo thread, there's a dedicated thread for that.

That's just an example, but point is I'm a die hard investor of VR so I'm subbed to this thread for that only.

EDIT: For the record, I don't think removing VRX was fair as it clearly stands for VR Experience, but whatever.

Last edited:
•••
I've seen "V" related domains get deleted/removed. A few days ago all "VRx" names were moved to one of the other VR threads like they're just padding the other threads that get little activity. So it's not just random non VR brandables that gets this treatment. But like I said it's annoying... but I don't pay rent here.

I don't wish to sound ableist, but the mods here are obviously high functioning autistics. But as you point out, we don't own this forum, and there doesn't seem to be any real alternative to it. The vast majority here will be investing in all the vr related fields (holo, ar, mr, etc.). All the VR facebook, twitter etc. feeds that I subscribe to will regularly include stories on the HoloLens and augmented reality. Some of us just don't have time to check the countless different threads here.

Last edited:
•••
Why don't people contact Management if they dislike how a thread is run.

This is thread is about VR domains, the other day we had 6 pages of Holo talk in this thread.

I like Holo but if I want to read about it, I will go into the Holo thread, there's a dedicated thread for that.

That's just an example, but point is I'm a die hard investor of VR so I'm subbed to this thread for that only.

EDIT: For the record, I don't think removing VRX was fair as it clearly stands for VR Experience, but whatever.

You'd have a valid point if the 6 pages of Holo thing was true but we all know that even a mention of Holo within the context of a vr discussion will get deleted or moved.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back