NameSilo

discuss My most thrilling offer in 10yrs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
so after spending more on renewals than sales last few yrs.. I cut down some 70percent of my folio.. say 1k names to 300 names... since I hate afternic ui and how my names always go in review for no reason.. not to mention half I cant even add cause someone else already owns them..well with my 300spartans left i just decided to put it all on dan.. on dan I still get part of that distribution network effect there.... anyway not hoping for much in sales... I just put all 300 bins same at 99k per name.. lo behold one day out of blue I get dan broker email with lowish 5fig offer. my first ever dan broker offer. well with hard sales for me and renewals costly I did say yes... no counter...
for some reason and I assume he knows best who buyer is etc... he took my acceptance as floor price and said he will do his best... well... I didnt object. 1week into it now or so.. no news...so I ask him based on buyer history what odds of completion on this.. he said buyer got plenty history buying and paying... and that floor price is 100percent guaranteed.. and to wait for more news... transfer etc...okay then.. good news.. I had plenty non paying buyers like most here.. but they never really involved brokers

name is handreg with decent age off expireddomains..
which is basically all I ever owned and own in my 10yrs...

hope to get the sale... fingers crossed.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
well they are obviously taking their sweet time... but when broker says the 25k base offer is guaranteed and buyer with tons of buy and pay history then I guess it's a bit hard to lose hope hahaha

•••
he took my acceptance as floor price and said he will do his best... well... I didnt object.
It flashes me back to one of my first sales.

Times were tough (renewals coming in fast) and I had an offer of 100 on a name. I felt it was worth 1500 or more but I wanted the sale so I typed in 600 as my sale price...I thought.

About two hours later I got an email saying the name was sold and transferred...at the sale price of 6000...it turns out I pressed '0' one time too many.

I learned a few lessons that day! Best of luck on the sale!

•••
tnx for all good wishes.. hope to update soon with good news

as side note just when I thought domains were kaput for me and many... got a bodis 1k offer on a name I wasn't gonna renew.. xyz ofall things.. open ledger.... countered at 2k... but with bodis u can always talk... go back to buyer 1st offer if they reject higher .. I'll post in sold thread when done...

let's hope these are all signs of better domain times ahead... cause really last few year were bad at some 2 to 3k in sales per year...

•••
hahaha.. speaking of open keyword... congrats to @BostonDomainer on this mind blowing basically fumoney 100k sale of open,network.. kinda didnt recognize u at first with new avatar lol

•••
Hope it works out well for you. (y)

•••
jesus i cant say gd brokers are quick and I thought this would be dead end but today broker wrote to say buyer is maxed out at his iinitial 25k... fine by me. u never say no to 25k on a few yr old handreg. so I'm hoping for quick finalizing asap at this point. frankly I dont even know why broker took my accepting originally the 25k as floor price... instead of making sale right away at25k... this could have let to complete loss of sale. this is doubly thrilling to me as it would make my biggest sale ever. and only my 2nd 5fig sale ever.

Last edited:
•••
jesus i cant say gd brokers are quick and I thought this would be dead end but today broker wrote to say buyer is maxed out at his iinitial 25k... fine by me. u never say no to 25k on a few yr old handreg. so I'm hoping for quick finalizing asap at this point. frankly I dont even know why broker took my accepting originally the 25k as floor price... instead of making sale right away at25k... this could have let to complete loss of sale. this is doubly thrilling to me as it would make my biggest sale ever. and only my 2nd 5fig sale ever.
i hope you will get your sale

•••
i hope you will get your sale

yea dude me too.. it's always especially exciting when it means getting your new biggest sale.. I doubt I'll get 6fig sale on my current folio ever... cause its 99percent handregs.. tho some are 10yr old regs... like this one here is not far from that too... for 6fig sales u normally need to go aftermarket and invest 4 or 5fig to get 6fig out of it... and not many folk here have 4 or 5fig to tie up for unknown time waiting on 6fig sale... but hey as always money makes money... still as I always say at some point in past everything was a hand reg.. hotel.com too... so if u regged stuff 20 or so yrs back.. well I can still turn that into 6fig... either way it always goes back to age... if u were early like rick etc then 6 or even 7fig sales are as common for u as 3 to 4fig sales to most of us here.

•••
Love That.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Keep us all updated

•••
yep yep.. it's done. new record for me feels good especially after couple of years in negative and an increasing feeling of domaining being dead.. for me..and for many.

let's hope it's a start of something good.

always thought it was mentioned 25k... but I misread.. its 24k for this io name of mine... i should be able to share full name soon. cheers.

•••
•••
•••
Nice, that should cover some renewals. ;)

•••
yep yep.. it's done. new record for me feels good especially after couple of years in negative and an increasing feeling of domaining being dead.. for me..and for many.

let's hope it's a start of something good.

always thought it was mentioned 25k... but I misread.. its 24k for this io name of mine... i should be able to share full name soon. cheers.
Congratulation (y)(y)

•••
Nice, that should cover some renewals. ;)

sure does. this was io sale and those are now basically 40usd to renew...and I got about 80 left or so...so over 3k already.. but I'm clearly happy to have renewed io. those are exp regs but with good few years back from the day when stuff like anubis codecs etc were all up for grabs regfee... u just had to make sure u show up on expirednet site on time for it and click refresh a few times. those times are long gone for 1word good io. imo never to return. same for co.. got like 30... another 25usd to renew ... all in all over years I had good history selling io and co... til covid times more or less.

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back