IT.COM

Cable or DSL

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Which do people prefer, cable or DSL? Which is better?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
cable all the way, heh -just had to share ;)

•••
I have a 3 megabit cable connection that rules!

PS: I use comcast

•••
Cable all the way. I used to have DSL but i so prefer cable

•••
I use both and there are advantages and disadvantages to both

•••
Cable is excellent (I also use Comcast), but there are possible security issues as you're on a "shared" network. This can also affect speed, downloads, uploads, etc. DSL is theoretically not as fast, but it's on a "dedicated" (phone) line and thus likely more secure, as I understand it. The proximity to that DSL "Central office" plays a big part on the speed here, as well.
I love my cable! :D

•••
Cable :) Only because I didnt want to pay more for dsl..its more expensive in our area for some reason :-/

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Cable is excellent (I also use Comcast), but there are possible security issues as you're on a "shared" network. This can also affect speed, downloads, uploads, etc. DSL is theoretically not as fast, but it's on a "dedicated" (phone) line and thus likely more secure, as I understand it. The proximity to that DSL "Central office" plays a big part on the speed here, as well.
I love my cable! :D

I agree. And I have cable too :)

•••
•••
Hi, i'm new here and I use cable.

•••
I use Comcast cable. Pretty fast but we've had a lot of downtime problems.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back